• Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Participation Trophies

Should the 5 Participation Trophies be removed from the required ingredients for Revered Crafting? Should PvP in any form (Tourneys, ranked, or Derby) be required in order to progress through the game?

I personally feel like these should be separate camp because somebody that knows nothing about PvP or any strategy is unlikely to do well against those that do know and I've experienced that those that do not participate in other media platforms including this one, is unlikely to find out how to set up their gear/decks to fair well against those with the best gear. I simply believe that the odds of winning enough Arena tickets is stacked against the average player that is mainly participating in competitive combat to get Participation Trophies...

What are your thoughts?

EDIT (copied and pasted from a post I've in this thread):

"I know not everybody has Revered Crafting but eventually players will need to complete the Revered Crafting quest in case the next level of crafting will involve extremely good gear like the Dragoon set (even so this time, the pieces of whatever this set will be is not going to be randomly dropped by a boss like Dragoon set and Fellspawn). Understanding the track model of this game in the future, I doubt that Dragoon will stay the best gear for long and in the case that this new set requires crafting, people will be forced to get participation trophies in order to progress.

Tourneys are free for Members but they're not free for Crowns-players. In fact, its pretty expensive for crowns players that know nothing about PvP and the intricate strategies needed to win in any duel against a more knowledgeable opponent. I think it is completely unfair for these players to spend so much of their crowns to get even barely enough Arena Tickets to purchase a single Participation trophies. Somebody could run the mathematics, each participation trophy costs 800 Arena Tickets, the lowest amount is 250 Arena Tickets (which equates to around 4 tourneys per 1 participation trophy, or 20 tourneys in total maximum). I don't remember the crown costs of Tourneys off the top of my head because I'm a member, but I would not be surprised if its a significant amount to sacrifice in order to complete this one quest.

Daily Assignments in order to get 4000 Arena tickets is certainly going to take months to pursue and that involves doing a daily assignment each day which itself is simply not possible for a lot of people. I personally don't go out of my way to do Daily assignments (though I arguably should) but I hardly think this amount of work should be needed to simply get away from PvP.

I just think its an unnecessary additional amount of stress that players will eventually must face and as @goldendragon18 said, people shouldn't be forced to do something they do not want to participate in.

The PvP community is toxic and losing is most of the time humiliating and embarrassing because every single match, they're being judged on what plays they're making and sportsmanship is extremely rare as players never make this a teaching moment. Most of the times, the winners will immediately port out after winning without telling their opponents any constructive criticism on how to do better, so even then it is unlikely that PvE players will have any moments of learning. This is even worse for crowns players who have more to sacrifice... It is easy to understand that people that shy away from competitive plays will certainly shy away from PvP."
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 1-5-21 at 9:37:53 AM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

lynchjw is offline Journeyman Wizard

• lynchjw's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jared MistRunner
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Duke Jasmine
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Efreet

Mood:
      Nerdy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Participation Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      Should the 5 Participation Trophies be removed from the required ingredients for Revered Crafting? Should PvP in any form (Tourneys, ranked, or Derby) be required in order to progress through the game?

I personally feel like these should be separate camp because somebody that knows nothing about PvP or any strategy is unlikely to do well against those that do know and I've experienced that those that do not participate in other media platforms including this one, is unlikely to find out how to set up their gear/decks to fair well against those with the best gear. I simply believe that the odds of winning enough Arena tickets is stacked against the average player that is mainly participating in competitive combat to get Participation Trophies...

What are your thoughts?
      It's not something that I feel strongly about one way or the other because it isn't necessary to do PVP to acquire the Participation Trophies; they also drop from doing Daily Assignments. The PVP route is just a quicker way to reach the goal. This is just one of many examples of the trade-offs players are forced to make as part of playing the game (time invested , real money spent, in-game activity participation, etc.),

I have only one account that I play and I don't PVP; but got Revered Crafting in a reasonable amount of time on my primary character and have since accumulated another 40 participation Trophies from the Daily Assignments. That's more than enough to cover the remaining wizards on the account if/when I level them (even if I expanded to a seventh, eighth, or ninth [gasp] character).

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs up Re: Participation Trophies

As long as Tournaments remain free to the general public, I don't mind Participation Trophies being a crafting requirement.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

BaronvonWolf is online now Magus Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

i only have 4/5 so no i dont think they should be part of crafting i've done daily's whenever i can and the few times i was member was the only time i got one i much perf farming.

also this seems to pop up every now and then with others having insane luck (did they have membership or not?) or some who get one every blue moon
      140 Wolf soulstalker 130 Valkoor wild ​130 Valkoor Myth​ 140 Valkoor 138 Alex nightshade

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post

What are your thoughts?

I started thread about this same issue months ago but it didn't go very far. I agree that both aspects of this game should be separate when it comes to acquiring reagents for crafting. I don't PvP and I rarely do Dailies anymore after MONTHS of trying to get the Participation Trophies on 2 accounts. I play to relax and enjoy a break from reality but I am not going to waste my time for this Reagent.

Myself and others have as yet to get even 1 PT from Dailies. Just not worth the effort anymore.

Having reagents that are a little difficult to acquire is one thing but not when it involves PvP.
      Quote Originally Posted by lynchjw View Post
      It's not something that I feel strongly about one way or the other because it isn't necessary to do PVP to acquire the Participation Trophies; they also drop from doing Daily Assignments. The PVP route is just a quicker way to reach the goal. This is just one of many examples of the trade-offs players are forced to make as part of playing the game (time invested , real money spent, in-game activity participation, etc.),

I have only one account that I play and I don't PVP; but got Revered Crafting in a reasonable amount of time on my primary character and have since accumulated another 40 participation Trophies from the Daily Assignments. That's more than enough to cover the remaining wizards on the account if/when I level them (even if I expanded to a seventh, eighth, or ninth [gasp] character).
      Players should NOT be forced to participate in an activity they don't enjoy and don't want to do. Many of us as I myself have been paying for SUBS for several years. I do participate in Gardening, Pet Hatching and Training, and CRAFTING, so it isn't as if we don't participate in in-game activities.

Fallon WinterLeaf

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I know not everybody has Revered Crafting but eventually players will need to complete the Revered Crafting quest in case the next level of crafting will involve extremely good gear like the Dragoon set (even so this time, the pieces of whatever this set will be is not going to be randomly dropped by a boss like Dragoon set and Fellspawn). Understanding the track model of this game in the future, I doubt that Dragoon will stay the best gear for long and in the case that this new set requires crafting, people will be forced to get participation trophies in order to progress.

Tourneys are free for Members but they're not free for Crowns-players. In fact, its pretty expensive for crowns players that know nothing about PvP and the intricate strategies needed to win in any duel against a more knowledgeable opponent. I think it is completely unfair for these players to spend so much of their crowns to get even barely enough Arena Tickets to purchase a single Participation trophies. Somebody could run the mathematics, each participation trophy costs 800 Arena Tickets, the lowest amount is 250 Arena Tickets (which equates to around 4 tourneys per 1 participation trophy, or 20 tourneys in total maximum). I don't remember the crown costs of Tourneys off the top of my head because I'm a member, but I would not be surprised if its a significant amount to sacrifice in order to complete this one quest.

Daily Assignments in order to get 4000 Arena tickets is certainly going to take months to pursue and that involves doing a daily assignment each day which itself is simply not possible for a lot of people. I personally don't go out of my way to do Daily assignments (though I arguably should) but I hardly think this amount of work should be needed to simply get away from PvP.

I just think its an unnecessary additional amount of stress that players will eventually must face and as @goldendragon18 said, people shouldn't be forced to do something they do not want to participate in.

The PvP community is toxic and losing is most of the time humiliating and embarrassing because every single match, they're being judged on what plays they're making and sportsmanship is extremely rare as players never make this a teaching moment. Most of the times, the winners will immediately port out after winning without telling their opponents any constructive criticism on how to do better, so even then it is unlikely that PvE players will have any moments of learning. This is even worse for crowns players who have more to sacrifice... It is easy to understand that people that shy away from competitive plays will certainly shy away from PvP.

Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

lethargy101 is offline Fizzled

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I agree about Participation Trophies they never should have been apart of crafting. The idea was clearly about boosting numbers of players in the arena, while not thinking a lot players don't like that part of the game. Sadly though the current devs don't play the game so have made crafting insane nowadays, instead of keeping in line with similar recipes from the past. They really need to play and realize what they are asking of players. Personally I just do daily's in patches mostly during the member benefit Daily Bonus on all my wizards and they do slowly add up.

EDIT: Didn't @Sparck say Revered crafting wasn't part of the crafting line and was optional? So new recipes shouldn't be revered. Or is this another KI lie?
      Last edited by lethargy101; 1-5-21 at 2:29:25 PM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Revered Crafting seemingly being a branch seems very odd to me and really seems like an excuse of a solution. The only problem with receiving the Revered Crafting I can tell is the Participation Trophies. The Aeythr Ore is at reasonable amount that one may find traveling around Empyrea (maybe a couple hours of realm jumping in Chaos Jungle is needed), Flying Squid Ink can be easily farmed in the Secret Tunnel (additional Flying Squid can be obtained by doing certain side quests) and Shocked Keys are a common drop in Silver Chests in Empyrea (which can also be found in Chaos Jungle). Shining Scales is also fairly reasonable and I would think PvE players will have little problem adopting to fishing for them. I believe wholeheartedly that simply removing the Participation Trophy requirement is the most simplest Occam's Razor solution to this problem and I would bet that there would be a significant increase in Revered Crafters across the spiral.

On a side note: Time and time again, it is ridiculous that W101's own game developers don't play their own game. It doesn't matter if these Game Developers may not have time to play the game, it is essential to obtain the subjective experience of playing the game and knowing firsthand the struggles that the player base encounters... But this is a topic for a different discussion...

ToonTown565 is offline Novice Wizard

• ToonTown565's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tyler LotusBringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

i regularly do tourneys and am not worried about the price but no it shouldn't be locked behind arena tickets, especially since karamelle gear and items require revered crafting. trying to force pvp on a primarily pve activity is quite silly. Imagine requiring x ranked games played or x tournies completed or x wins to unlock the next monstrology spells, or gardening spells, that'd just be silly. I don't see the point in locking a crafting badge behind pvp and never will. (scroll of fortune and daily assignments dropping these trophies doesn't make it better either imo. should either make a transmute, replace it with another rare reagent or remove the requirement outright.)
      99 bal

WarWeaver is offline Adept Wizard

• WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Yea, they shouldn't be a part of it. I don't really get the hate for Pvp to were people won't even just forfeit matches in tourneys for the chest at the end, but they shouldn't be forced(Or feel forced) to do it if they don't want to. I know that you can get them from Daily rewards but some folks are just really unlucky and might feel that they have no choice but to participate in a activity they dislike.
      Last edited by WarWeaver; 1-5-21 at 10:58:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast