•  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The Spiral or Merle Ambrose aren't as old as we think they are theory

I finally made it to Empyrea and i been thinking is the spiral really as old as people in the spiral make it out to be.

So to begin this theory I started with Cyrus Drake, Malistaire, and Sylvia age. Dragonspyre is said to have been destroyed long ago by the Dragon titan. But that can't be completely true as Cryrus, Malistaire and Sylvia all went to school in dragonspyre. Which suggest that they are somewhere between 50-65 ish.As the Professor time line though alternate makes them grown there not married yet so there likely in there 20's. By time Morganthe joins ravenwood she slighly older teen which suggest she somewhere between 13-16. Since we can say the professors are older then morganthe. There likely 33-40 years old assuming there 20-25 in the flash back. Younger pictures of Merle Ambrose with pictures of Malistaire indicate there not far apart as the pictures shows mild age or younger Ambrose. However it clear Morganthe is not that old because Inyanga Whitestripes clearly hasn't aged much since me met him he approxiately a middle aged zebra 30-40's. Another indication that Morganthe can't be that young is due to Queen Gwen having memories of fall of Artorius as a recent event. In Morganthe flash back she still clearly not a adult yet which makes things recent. Which also suggest that Celestia being sunken by the Storm Titan may of actually happened around the same time Dragonspyre was destroyed by Dragon titan via being Summoned by the Dean. While we know spider was responsible for the titans destroying the first world and was therfore lock away. Is it me or does actual events suggest that 2 of the three titans that seem to have been summoned around the sametime which can also lead someone to believe that the spiral is young and therefore only only some decades old vs hundreds or thousands of years old?

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: The Spiral or Merle Ambrose aren't as old as we think they are theory

I feel like the entire story is an elaborate lucid dream like in Christopher Nolan's Inception. Its a convoluted concept of a fake background that never actually occurred and the player is just faking the whole idea that the Spiral exists and the timeline of the spiral is mixed up because the player cannot mentally keep track of it the same way we would be terrible at keeping up with a timeline in an imaged fantasy world....

But your theory is sooooooooo much better

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: The Spiral or Merle Ambrose aren't as old as we think they are theory

The OP has made some serious observations, well done! To be honest, it is going to take me awhile to wrap my mind around all of it, but you have done a great job.

I look forward to reading others thoughts and observations on this.
      "Yes, My Lord"

Eric Stormbringer is offline Wizard101 US Faculty

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
      I finally made it to Empyrea and i been thinking is the spiral really as old as people in the spiral make it out to be.

So to begin this theory I started with Cyrus Drake, Malistaire, and Sylvia age. Dragonspyre is said to have been destroyed long ago by the Dragon titan. But that can't be completely true as Cryrus, Malistaire and Sylvia all went to school in dragonspyre. Which suggest that they are somewhere between 50-65 ish.As the Professor time line though alternate makes them grown there not married yet so there likely in there 20's. By time Morganthe joins ravenwood she slighly older teen which suggest she somewhere between 13-16. Since we can say the professors are older then morganthe. There likely 33-40 years old assuming there 20-25 in the flash back. Younger pictures of Merle Ambrose with pictures of Malistaire indicate there not far apart as the pictures shows mild age or younger Ambrose. However it clear Morganthe is not that old because Inyanga Whitestripes clearly hasn't aged much since me met him he approxiately a middle aged zebra 30-40's. Another indication that Morganthe can't be that young is due to Queen Gwen having memories of fall of Artorius as a recent event. In Morganthe flash back she still clearly not a adult yet which makes things recent. Which also suggest that Celestia being sunken by the Storm Titan may of actually happened around the same time Dragonspyre was destroyed by Dragon titan via being Summoned by the Dean. While we know spider was responsible for the titans destroying the first world and was therfore lock away. Is it me or does actual events suggest that 2 of the three titans that seem to have been summoned around the sametime which can also lead someone to believe that the spiral is young and therefore only only some decades old vs hundreds or thousands of years old?
      As confirmed by the main story writers- Time in the spiral does not move at a consistent rate. This is why in Celestia it has been centuries since Morganthe's attempted takeover wheras in Avalon her leaving with Merle Ambrose is still a relatively recent experience.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

Oxnhorse is offline Adept Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I like the theory the OP has put forward, but more has happened in that timeline than you have written:

1. As we quest through Marleybone gathering the books, there is a mention of Queen Ellen ruling the World as the Golden Age (alluding to the First World), yet it isn't until nearly the end of Zafaria we meet Ellen as a spirit in The Graveyard.

2) Azteca is referred to as the oldest of the Spiral worlds, but after defeating Malistaire in Xilbaba, the characters in the game treat the world as lost among the Spiral worlds.

3) And despite the Titans being spoken of as causing the destruction of the First World, we learn in the Arcanum that the Cabal actually destroyed it from infighting with The Scholars (remember, that the Arcanum exists in and out of time at the same time).

4) And despite Empyrea being among the most advanced worlds of the Spiral, the people there are oblivious to the Alphoi having discovered Karamelle, but their sweet tooth's were their downfall and devolving into the Gobblers of Gobblerton.

I'm all for piecing together the actual timeline of the Spiral, but fantasy doesn't really have a natural timeline; best evidence of this is Star Wars. As the movies were made, the timeline kept going backwards. Qui-Gon was Obi-Wan Kenobi's teacher when Darth Maul was The Menace, and no one knows who trained Qui-Gon.

Oxnhorse
      Last edited by Oxnhorse; 1-1-21 at 4:25:16 PM.