NomadicTopHat is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Youtuber

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Lightbulb Wizard101 Challenge, Polymorph Pets? Anyone?

Hello everyone; so, I plan on doing a Wizard101 challenge run for Youtube. People have given me some interesting suggestions. Considering my original idea was to grind to lvl 50 before talking to Private Connelly, so I could learn the first Polymorph spell and begin the run. The first suggestion stemmed from pets. The Timber Cyclops & Defender Dragon. Both give a Polymorph spell from baby, and they suggested I ask around.

To be a bit more specific on the challenge parameters.

"Can I beat the Malistare Arc using only Polymorphs?"

Rules: Can only use Polymorph spells and the spells they have in their spell deck upon polymorphing. (Someone also suggested I use reshuffle as well, but I'm not sure on that.)

I just have to beat the entire main story of Mailstare's Arc using only Polymorph spells. Basically it.

Kokyota is offline Adept Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Wizard101 Challenge, Polymorph Pets? Anyone?

Good luck!

Phenoixblizzard is offline Adept Wizard

• Phenoixblizzard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber DragonBlossom
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fern
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast

Mood:
      Creative

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Good luck with your challenge! It's always nice to see someone else doing challenges to make the game more interesting
      Wizards vs Bosses

DanTheTerrible is offline Apprentice Wizard

• DanTheTerrible's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Angus OgreBreath
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Nerdy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Sounds rather cool. Reshuffle probably isn't needed, as each polymorph spell gives you several turns of play so you don't need many in your deck. I've never really used polymorphs and find questions popping into my head. For instance do pet or gear item cards appear in your deck when polymorphed? Can you draw treasure cards when polymorphed? Witches star necklace and a pet with balanceblade and/or dragonblade could be very helpful.

I've had some more thoughts. I think the polymorph spells are readily available as treasure cards, so you could play an all-polymorph deck at any level using treasure cards to pick your polymorph spell. If you want to be really limiting, start with the defender dragon pet and then only add treasure cards you can buy at the bazaar with gold the polymorph only wizard earns through questing or gold farming. Possibly you might allow non-polymorph treasure cards you earned as drops from monsters you defeat. Maybe allow a wand so you can level up high enough to be allowed a pet (level 7 I think?).

Polymorph only would be moon school. Anybody know what the moon school colors are so you can dye an appropriate outfit?

Edit: As best I can tell there are no official moon school colors. I's probably go with mostly silver with light blue trim. Maybe a little black to distinguish you more from ice wizards.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 12-4-20 at 7:42:48 AM. Reason: double posted

NomadicTopHat is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Youtuber

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>DanTheTerrible View Post
      I've had some more thoughts. I think the polymorph spells are readily available as treasure cards, so you could play an all-polymorph deck at any level using treasure cards to pick your polymorph spell. If you want to be really limiting, start with the defender dragon pet and then only add treasure cards you can buy at the bazaar with gold the polymorph only wizard earns through questing or gold farming. Possibly you might allow non-polymorph treasure cards you earned as drops from monsters you defeat. Maybe allow a wand so you can level up high enough to be allowed a pet (level 7 I think?).

Polymorph only would be moon school. Anybody know what the moon school colors are so you can dye an appropriate outfit?

Edit: As best I can tell there are no official moon school colors. I's probably go with mostly silver with light blue trim. Maybe a little black to distinguish you more from ice wizards.
      I can answer the pet spells bit. The spells they can cast still work. But state boosts like health, don't work. As for spell cards and treasure cards. The answer is no to both. When you polymorph, your character and deck completely change. So, any card that started in your deck is still with your wizards deck.

As for treasure card polymorph. I got that suggestion earlier, and while I think it would be fine. I don't feel it would be 'legit'. Call me crazy, or a sucker for punishment, either works, but I wantt to get to lack 50. That way I can start with Cobbler and see how far I can get. Meander is the next poly, and I have an interest in that one specifically.

I know poly decks will work to a degree since another wizard of mine is currently testing them. A lot of interesting strats, I have found.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheTerrible View Post
      Sounds rather cool. Reshuffle probably isn't needed, as each polymorph spell gives you several turns of play so you don't need many in your deck. I've never really used polymorphs and find questions popping into my head. For instance do pet or gear item cards appear in your deck when polymorphed? Can you draw treasure cards when polymorphed? Witches star necklace and a pet with balanceblade and/or dragonblade could be very helpful.
      Reshuffle would be more for long game battles. Which might be the case, later in the run. Pets that give a spell, or boost stats, are pointless for Polymorphs. The way a Polymorph works is that you are a completely new character. So, any cards that come from pets are still in your wizards deck. The stats thing is a bit weird, if I am honest. I can understand you wizards clothing and staff/wand not being able to give aid stat wise. However, the pet, if it can, is still able to cast spells. The fact it can do this, but it can't give a minor health boost, or resistance to a school makes them very inconsistent. As for treasure cards? They remain in your wizards deck before Polymorphing.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 12-4-20 at 7:45:36 AM. Reason: double posted

DanTheTerrible is offline Apprentice Wizard

• DanTheTerrible's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Angus OgreBreath
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Nerdy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I was poking around the wiki, and came upon the page for card giving pet talents, here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...Giving_Talents. Searching through this list I was able to find seven polymorph spells available as star jewels. Give one of these to a pet like defender dragon with an inherent polymorph item card, and the pet should give you two item cards to choose from, which might make the level 7-50 run you are avoiding more practical. Here's the list:

Cat bandit opal
      Draconian opal
      Fire Elemental opal
      Gobbler opal
      Mander opal
      Ninja Pig opal
      Storm Elemental opal

Note that all of these opals are also available as straight pet talents. If I understand the polymorph rules correctly, pets who have those talents in their genetics and manifest them will add the polymorph to your deck when you are not polymorphed.

About the best two polymorph form pet I can come up with would be a Timber Cyclops with a Cat Bandit opal or a Fire Elemental opal socketed. You'd have a powerful attack form combined with a decent healing form. The pet could have other polymorph forms available if they are manifested in it's talent pool.