Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Empty home still has "No trade items"

Hello~

I am a returning Wizard who wants to change homes and place my Dragon's Fjord in the shared bank. I have picked up all of the items and moved them into a new one. Even my attic is empty. But it still gives me the "House has no trade items", what could I be missing?

P.S It does allow me to sell it.

Thank you!

Tanner Hex is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Tanner Hex's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Empty home still has "No trade items"

I'm trying to transfer a bundle house and I'm in the same boat as you. Doing "pick up all" both inside and outside tells me 0 items were picked up. I also ran around inside spamming the remove wallpaper/floorings buttons just in case those were missed somehow. I've also emptied my attic to 0/100 and have similarly picked up everything else in all my other houses just to ensure there weren't teleporter destinations I had forgotten about.

In fact, the house I'm not trying to trade over but did empty out is also displaying as "having no trade items" in the bank interface.

I also checked a recently transferred house on one of my other characters. The button was grayed out, but it told me the days/hours until it would be transferable again instead of the "house has no trade items".

Seems odd that both of my supposedly empty houses would have that message. Is it a bug?

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Have you, with the Attic open, switched to the House tab to see if any items are listed inside or out? If there isn't anything there, take some screenshots to send in to Support for assistance.

If it is a bug, the more reports they get with good information should help to identify what's gone wrong.
      @Arthur Wethersfield?

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Stressed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I think this is likely a support issue and/or a bug, but the only other thing I can think of is there is a teleporter TO the house you are trying to trade. It wouldn't show up as an item, but would prevent the trade. That said, I would think it would give you a different message. Just thought I'd try a hail mary since support is likely off for the holiday...

@MsSpellmancer @Tanner Hex

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ValdusWildheart View Post
      I think this is likely a support issue and/or a bug, but the only other thing I can think of is there is a teleporter TO the house you are trying to trade. It wouldn't show up as an item, but would prevent the trade. That said, I would think it would give you a different message. Just thought I'd try a hail mary since support is likely off for the holiday...

@MsSpellmancer @Tanner Hex
      I was thinking that might have been the case, which is why I also went through the trouble of emptying out and selling my one other house on that character. I also emptied out the dorm too. Still no luck.

I was curious to see if this affected all houses so I checked a few of my other characters. I have an empty Pyramid of the Lost Horizon and an empty Red Barn Farm on my Fire wizard that can still be put in the bank. Just about all the other houses on my other characters had the "No Trade Items" message whether they were furnished or not.

The Red Barn Farm on my Fire was purchased relatively recently, and the Pyramid is much older though I don't ever recall taking a stab at furnishing it. I thought maybe if a house has ever had any furniture placed in it, ever, it would get bugged as no trade. Put down a crate and the Farm was still tradeable. Picked the crate back up and the Farm could still be traded.

So I thought maybe if I did the same thing with teleporter it might make the Farm no trade. Marked a destination in the Farm, put the teleporter in my Arcanum Apartment and... no luck. The Farm could still be traded. In fact, I went ahead and put it in my shared bank, walked through the teleport, and voila! I'm now in a Red Barn Farm in my shared bank. However, I have both an "Item Identifier" and "Teleport to Start" button in my UI so it looks like I'm no longer recognized as the homeowner. I'm thinking this must be related to the new Housing Tours update then.

I also tried trashing the house while I was inside it (yes, I dared) and only got a "Your transaction was not successful" message. At least spacetime didn't collapse!

I've been documenting all of this with screenshots so it looks like I'll have to reach out to support as Willowdreamer suggested. I can also try Twitter I guess. But it looks like I may have to wait until after the holiday weekend. Thanks to you both for the suggestions!

Edit: This entering-shared-bank-house seems like a one-off thing. The teleporter no longer activates after the first time. I tried repeating this process with the Pyramid of the Lost Horizon (my only other tradeable house right now...) and was still able to set a teleporter destination and move the house to the shared bank without issue. However, the teleporter I placed in my apartment doesn't activate when I step on it.
      Last edited by Tanner Hex; 11-26-20 at 4:40:21 PM.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner Hex View Post
      I was thinking that might have been the case, which is why I also went through the trouble of emptying out and selling my one other house on that character. I also emptied out the dorm too. Still no luck.

I was curious to see if this affected all houses so I checked a few of my other characters. I have an empty Pyramid of the Lost Horizon and an empty Red Barn Farm on my Fire wizard that can still be put in the bank. Just about all the other houses on my other characters had the "No Trade Items" message whether they were furnished or not.

The Red Barn Farm on my Fire was purchased relatively recently, and the Pyramid is much older though I don't ever recall taking a stab at furnishing it. I thought maybe if a house has ever had any furniture placed in it, ever, it would get bugged as no trade. Put down a crate and the Farm was still tradeable. Picked the crate back up and the Farm could still be traded.

So I thought maybe if I did the same thing with teleporter it might make the Farm no trade. Marked a destination in the Farm, put the teleporter in my Arcanum Apartment and... no luck. The Farm could still be traded. In fact, I went ahead and put it in my shared bank, walked through the teleport, and voila! I'm now in a Red Barn Farm in my shared bank. However, I have both an "Item Identifier" and "Teleport to Start" button in my UI so it looks like I'm no longer recognized as the homeowner. I'm thinking this must be related to the new Housing Tours update then.

I also tried trashing the house while I was inside it (yes, I dared) and only got a "Your transaction was not successful" message. At least spacetime didn't collapse!

I've been documenting all of this with screenshots so it looks like I'll have to reach out to support as Willowdreamer suggested. I can also try Twitter I guess. But it looks like I may have to wait until after the holiday weekend. Thanks to you both for the suggestions!

Edit: This entering-shared-bank-house seems like a one-off thing. The teleporter no longer activates after the first time. I tried repeating this process with the Pyramid of the Lost Horizon (my only other tradeable house right now...) and was still able to set a teleporter destination and move the house to the shared bank without issue. However, the teleporter I placed in my apartment doesn't activate when I step on it.
      Have you looked at the House Inventory via the Open Attic option? Does it show absolutely nothing inside or outside?

That's the only thought I have left that I haven't seen you confirm.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      Have you looked at the House Inventory via the Open Attic option? Does it show absolutely nothing inside or outside?

That's the only thought I have left that I haven't seen you confirm.

These are the tabs you are referring to, correct? Unfortunately both the interior and exterior are displaying as 0/250 but the house is still no trade.

It turns out, though, that if you can put a house into the shared bank you can do so even if the house has something that should not be in it. In my previous post I discovered you can apparently move a house into the shared bank even if it has a portal destination inside. So I figured "Well, what else can I put in there?" and discovered I was able to transfer a Royal Bed (No Trade) between characters as well. Yikes!

It looks like something got seriously gunked up regarding houses and the shared bank in the latest update. I've sent KI 2 emails regarding each issue, and also tweeted and direct messaged one of the developers regarding the second one since that seems especially urgent.

But you're probably right about the holiday weekend. I don't expect to hear anything back until after it's over. In the meantime I guess I've done all I can.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Arthur Wethersfield is offline Wizard101 US Faculty
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Sorry, this was my bug.

I've fixed it and hopefully it will be in a small hotfix in the next week or two.

Arthur

JacobDeathBringer is offline Apprentice Wizard

Mood:
      Happy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I reported the same problem to KI, I can't move my Celestial Observatory into the shared bank because it apparently has No Trade items in it, even though it is completely empty.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Just checked by bank after the hotfix last night and it looks like everything has been fixed!