Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Unhappy Re: KI answers why energy did not increase with new lvl cap

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner Hex View Post
      It's even been a couple of months since the last 25% Crown sale too. This is really not a good look for KI.

The last classic Crown Sale was on August 17th, 2019. May they forever rest in pieces.

@lethargy101

On a past KI Live, they made it a point to claim that they "listen" to us, that they "care," about us, and that they "need" our feedback. Ha! Pardon me, I find that somewhat hard to believe. There were nearly thirty pages of feedback regarding the Night-Knight Event here on Central. But did KingsIsle "listen" to us? When there was near universal pushback against the great Kiosk nerfing, did KingsIsle "care" about the younger Players? When KingsIsle blatantly lied in saying that Double Seeds was intended, did they "need" our feedback then?

KingsIsle has proven that they only "listen" to us when convenient- only when our opinions align with their money motivated goals do they take action.

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      I remember when every test realm gave us things to look forward to. Instead of a sense of dread what are KI going to break next in the name of "fixing"
      I too feel the same. When the Fall Update was still in Test Realm, I was much less active in sharing my thoughts on it this year because of several reasons:

-It is exhausting to submit large portions of my time to review these multifaceted updates.

-KingsIsle rarely, if ever, takes our constructive criticism into account. To invest hours of my time explaining in detail where they are going wrong and what they can do to fix it, only to see nothing change year after year after year is more than depressing!

-Nobody at KingsIsle seems to genuinely care about this game anymore like many of us still do. Wizard101 will always hold a special place in my heart, but there is a good reason why I only log in to do my Daily Assignments now. To have literally grown up with this game, it is heart breaking to see its very creators sabotage it from the inside!

Getting back to the topic at hand, thier refusal to increase our energy is just another straw on the camel's back. This issue may not inherently be problematic, but the years of neglect, mismanagement, and utter incompetency it represents are. This is why it is so important to push back against seemingly innocent changes like this, and why we need to critique the mental gymnastics KingsIsle is using to justify not only this decision, but countless others.

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 11-27-20 at 9:11:28 PM. Reason: Please ignore all the posts that never went through Willowdreamer! :)

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

Oxnhorse is offline Adept Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: KI answers why energy did not increase with new lvl cap

[If you mean that you want to know how some pets level up in battle, it is because of a gem that grant 1, 1-2 or 2 XP per battle every 5 minutes. So once you get one of those star jewels your pet levels for free, even if it is a slow process.[/QUOTE]

What I mean, is that a few months ago as I was battling a boss or mob; someone joined in, and the other player's pet interrupted the game and looked like it was being elevated or standing on its hind legs as if wanting to go through a solid navy blue ring before the pet cast a spell.

Its the only way I can explain the experience.

Oxnhorse

Tanner Hex is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Tanner Hex's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      [If you mean that you want to know how some pets level up in battle, it is because of a gem that grant 1, 1-2 or 2 XP per battle every 5 minutes. So once you get one of those star jewels your pet levels for free, even if it is a slow process.
      What I mean, is that a few months ago as I was battling a boss or mob; someone joined in, and the other player's pet interrupted the game and looked like it was being elevated or standing on its hind legs as if wanting to go through a solid navy blue ring before the pet cast a spell.

Oxnhorse
      Slightly off-topic but it just sounds like it was one of those new combat pet powers. The so-called "Will Casts". They don't see much use outside of the Deckathalon at the moment.

Edit: Formatting fixed, thanks for the help!
      Last edited by Tanner Hex; 11-28-20 at 1:49:48 PM.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Oxnhorse
      Slightly off-topic but it just sounds like it was one of those new combat pet powers. The so-called "Will Casts". They don't see much use outside of the Deckathalon at the moment.

Edit: Quoting format got messed up somehow. I'm not sure how to fix it
      OT:

you fix it by removing the "/" from your first quote

format is [ quote ] this text will get quoted [ / quote ] and it ends here

without spaces in the brackets
      Last edited by richardDkht; 11-28-20 at 4:18:01 AM.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

Eric Stormbringer is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I alway felt like being able to get more max energy from leveling up was a benefit. A max level wizard could play an extra pet game, plant a few extra seeds, or catch a few more fish compared to a wizard who was lower leveled. Being able to do more a little is always a good thing. I felt like it was an earned benefit of having a high leveled character or characters. It feels arbitrary to just stop it at 130.

Also, the problem with the "we've introduced higher leveled energy gear" is that all of that is exclusively behind a paywall. Light Elf/Snowdrifter are only from packs and the new pet trainer gear requires buying the bundle. Energy jewels also haven't been improved. I believe +5 is the highest they go, and only +1 is available to players to don't want to buy either jewel packs or gardening packs.

I may be mistaken but I think the last time energy gear dropped was Aphrodite. There were also some equipment in WT and rings and AV that gave a little bit of energy as well.

So while some better energy gear has been introduced this leaves behind players who don't want to spend the extra money or can't afford to. And this on top of the (very likely) retirement of the Super Crowns sales. It's even been a couple of months since the last 25% Crown sale too. This is really not a good look for KI.
      This is a fair point- Things like the updated energy sets and the like could be added to drop tables of side bosses or even future content such as skeleton key bosses. This would offer a clear incentive for players to farm a particular spot without running the risk of making a meta defining op stat gear. A good example of this is mirror lake which by offering 2 mega snacks at the very end still remains one of the most popular farming spots to date.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

Oxnhorse is offline Adept Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Oxnhorse[/QUOTE]

Edit: Quoting format got messed up somehow. I'm not sure how to fix it [/QUOTE]

In my previous post before #32, I was under the impression we were talking about everything that we use the ENERGY for.

In doing so, I shared my fond memories of the pet mechanics and praising everything new until it came to the HAPPINESS stat and the confusion of how the Will Cast talents work in game, which I thought was kinda cool.

Another person cut off everything but a portion of a previous post on one of the other pages in this thread, and without everything else to use as context; yes it would seem to be off-topic, when it actually isn't.

Please go back to post #28, before responding again about how my posts since #28 have been off-topic.

Oxnhorse
      Last edited by Oxnhorse; 11-28-20 at 12:43:35 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234