Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: KI answers why energy did not increase with new lvl cap

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      WC mobs = KM mobs in stats?! REALLY? In what Spiral is that the case?
      @Caspeen I believe the post you quoted was a continuation of his prior post which started a thought experiment. He was saying that if KM mobs were the same as WC mobs then what would be the point of increasing a wizard's stats. Without that context the statement is indeed non-sensical.

In the analogy he was making, he seems to imply that the challenge of determining how to use your energy for all the required activities is comparable to a new wizard's ability to defeat mobs in WC. I don't really see that as a fair comparison, because a new wizard's stats enables them to achieve all of the games objectives whereas energy is a metered resource that intentionally prevents you from achieving all side objectives.

It is disturbing to think that they equate 1 energy for 1 minute of game play. I usually use up the complete 130 in energy reseeding a garden which manually takes me maybe 15 minutes. When training pets, I exhaust the energy even quicker. Fishing might be a little longer depending on the spells needed to obtain your objectives.
      Last edited by RedValkyre99; 11-26-20 at 5:09:57 PM.

BaronvonWolf is offline Adept Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

i can kind of see why enegry would not go up with the enegry gear we get 82 with the Light Elf set or 79 with the Snowdrifter set both sets you can only get in winter from packs.

The 5 boxes you can farm the Greenwarden set L100 which gives 69 (196) then you have that one pet that gives enegry and then you can 4 talents that give enegry which can net you even 50 more (246) add the darkmoor wand +10 (256) and now you have almost double enegry
      140 Wolf soulstalker 130 Valkoor wild ​130 Valkoor Myth​ 140 Valkoor 138 Alex nightshade

Grumpy Cat is online now Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Even if Matthew's argument made sense, I don't really understand where the arbitrary number of 130 energy/minutes would even be coming from. 2 hrs and 10 minutes is essentially a random number, and imo, if they wanted to put in caps like that, it seems more logical they would have been rounder numbers (100, 150, etc).

Regardless, I think many of us can agree that KI continues to lower the bar beyond our paltry expectations. While I certainly don't expect unlimited energy or something that would remove this (obviously lucrative) part of the game, not giving us the 10 energy is quite a low blow, even for KI. Whether it matters or not is irrelevant I think the principle of customer centered, enjoyable games has ironically been lost to the "corporate hegemony" satirized in the latest storyline.

Spellbinder is online now Legendary Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Sounds like an absurd Nana level answer to me to get people off their backs and still not give more energy.

If that answer was the actual truth, they would have given a much larger increase or an increase at all, when fishing was added or when we were able to train pets to ultra and more.
      Last edited by Spellbinder; 11-27-20 at 1:44:14 AM.
      Omg
      I think I love you more than paper tick
      -Katz to fishy cracker

jlegendwielder is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

C'mon people, get real!

This energy non-update is the best thing that has happened to this game in the last three or four years. We all owe KI for this and should praise them effulgently, not criticize and carp.

It could have been so different....

They could have taken energy away!!

They have taken pixies away. Twice.

They have taken double seeds away.

They have taken the best things about the hatching kiosk away.

They have taken seed sales away.

They have taken a comprehensible critical and block system away.

They have taken an even more comprehensible critical and block system away, previously (the Great Nerfing).

They have taken Crowns sales away.

They have taken away our stats and spell effects and quests.

They have even taken away our faces!!

How easy it would have been for them to say, "Max energy is being reduced to 120 because gobblegobblejiveturkeygobblegobble and this will allow the game to become even better for the future."

But they didn't.

Thank you KI!

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

This is like everything KI does in game these days. They make changes that the larger player base hate and refuse to listen them. Devs make no attempts to reach out to forums or face book etc because they know the response will be negative, instead hide it on niche twitter feeds very few players know about. Personally I think we have the worst devs working in the games history right now and they are changing Wiz into something else, instead of a light heard fun games for all ages. If I had my way I'd get rid of Ratbeard and send him back to Pirate, replace him with someone who gets the spirit of Wiz101. I remember when every test realm gave us things to look forward to. Instead of a sense of dread what are KI going to break next in the name of "fixing"

Spellbinder is online now Legendary Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I don't agree with Lethargy on much, but I agree here with a lot. The current devs frustrate me endlessly.
      They stopped basically all growth because they can't figure out how the game actually worked, and threaten to break the game far more if we don't let them rework the entire thing to where they understand it.
      A lot of the reworks, non skippable dialog and other things seem like such control freak issues by devs.

No new gardening or pet levels to unlock more talents, so no more energy despite the fact most players want new gardening, pet levels to unlock more talents and energy.
      Omg
      I think I love you more than paper tick
      -Katz to fishy cracker

Oxnhorse is offline Adept Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
      I don't agree with Lethargy on much, but I agree here with a lot. The current devs frustrate me endlessly.
      They stopped basically all growth because they can't figure out how the game actually worked, and threaten to break the game far more if we don't let them rework the entire thing to where they understand it.
      A lot of the reworks, non skippable dialog and other things seem like such control freak issues by devs.

No new gardening or pet levels to unlock more talents, so no more energy despite the fact most players want new gardening, pet levels to unlock more talents and energy.
      Ever since the pets and talents were introduced, one thing that never made sense to me was that there were 10 spaces for talents, yet at first 4 were available and then 5. This seemed cool to me, but I was kinda bummed that our pets couldn't reach their full potential.

And then they added Jewel Socketing and incorporated them into the pets starting at Ancient. I started to think that it was an awesome upgrade on the pet. And I started wondering if we would get to unlock a 6th talent.

Instead, we got the HAPPINESS stat alongside the original 5, which honestly makes no sense to me.

Granted, most of us have Ultra pets running around the Spiral, but would it really hurt KI if there was something more substantial that could be added like the original 5 that would benefit the wizard and pet for training? I feed my pets to clean out my backpack, and lose out on pet experience on maxed pet experience.

I still don't understand how some pets can kinda upgrade through a ring when casting a spell, which is awesome to watch, but have no idea what needs to happen to trigger it.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

.. Can I say "lol"?

I just finished replying to another thread and.. well, LOL. :D

I'll throw in a spark of light if one of those devs come here:

the simple solution to this issue is that you have to add something to compensate for the lacking extra energy. Then your speech would make sense.

For example, you could add a fast-recovery for some of the base energy (say at lvl 131, players recover 1 EP every minute instead of five for the first 5 EP; then for each next level, an extra EP follows the same rule). So that although the hard limit is still the same, players DO get an advantage on E.

Or anything in that direction, rather than bluntly say 'ya, no, we won't make any difference bound with levelling'.

TL;DL : keep levelling meaningful in all aspects, even if YOU don't understand why it is important to US.

(because after all, with that logic, why add new levels at all????)

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post

I still don't understand how some pets can kinda upgrade through a ring when casting a spell, which is awesome to watch, but have no idea what needs to happen to trigger it.

If you mean that you want to know how some pets level up in battle, it is because of a gem that grant 1, 1-2 or 2 XP per battle every 5 minutes. So once you get one of those star jewels your pet levels for free, even if it is a slow process.
      Last edited by richardDkht; 11-27-20 at 3:17:03 PM.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

Tanner Hex is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Tanner Hex's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I alway felt like being able to get more max energy from leveling up was a benefit. A max level wizard could play an extra pet game, plant a few extra seeds, or catch a few more fish compared to a wizard who was lower leveled. Being able to do more a little is always a good thing. I felt like it was an earned benefit of having a high leveled character or characters. It feels arbitrary to just stop it at 130.

Also, the problem with the "we've introduced higher leveled energy gear" is that all of that is exclusively behind a paywall. Light Elf/Snowdrifter are only from packs and the new pet trainer gear requires buying the bundle. Energy jewels also haven't been improved. I believe +5 is the highest they go, and only +1 is available to players to don't want to buy either jewel packs or gardening packs.

I may be mistaken but I think the last time energy gear dropped was Aphrodite. There were also some equipment in WT and rings and AV that gave a little bit of energy as well.

So while some better energy gear has been introduced this leaves behind players who don't want to spend the extra money or can't afford to. And this on top of the (very likely) retirement of the Super Crowns sales. It's even been a couple of months since the last 25% Crown sale too. This is really not a good look for KI.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast