Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The Latest Atrocity From KI

Should be in the gardening forum.

Or the bug report forum.

Or (best) the "KI is a bunch of pinchbeck flogging, stat-nerfing, #$%^&s" forum.

The latest, which started for me about 3-4 weeks ago, is plants that stall at mature. Just now happened to me for the third time, with two plots of EMPs. Five days ago I visited them as they matured, treated all their needs and pests, and left them to do their thing. Five days, five likes, they should have been elder.

Nope. The status bar showed them with NO PROGRESS to elder, just as it had when I visited them five days ago. What's more, when I fixed their needs and pests, they were all ready for a mature harvest, bright yellow rings of KI shame. What nonsense!

Three or four weeks ago, it was a plot of Alligator Pear Trees. Same deal, had to repeat their mature time all over again..

...except for the ones that were elder! That's right, everything the same for all of them (planting time, visiting, care), but a few were elder and the rest had made no progress to elder. Balderdash!! (That's Odin's kid running hard...)

And again a week or so ago. This time, it was a plot of half and half red/pink huckleberries. When I visited to harvest at elder, half were elder and the other half had made no progress. Skunk me!

And yes, I did port away and come back, quit and come back, even log off and come back.

Still no progress.

What a rook!

(Oh, and this is on three different wizards on three different accounts, bah!)

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: The Latest Atrocity From KI

Having read your post, perhaps the word "atrocity" is a little strong. Frustrating, sure, but finding plants at Mature rather than Elder is hardly the worst thing that could possibly happen. I understand that it throws off your Gardening plans, but slow down and take a breath...

How large are your plots? Are they stacked? What castles were these plants in? Were the non-Elder plants randomly distributed through the plot, or a small bunch at one end?

If you do mean this to be a bug report, the more details provided, the better.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Happy Fun Ball is offline Grandmaster Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      Having read your post, perhaps the word "atrocity" is a little strong. Frustrating, sure, but finding plants at Mature rather than Elder is hardly the worst thing that could possibly happen. I understand that it throws off your Gardening plans, but slow down and take a breath...

How large are your plots? Are they stacked? What castles were these plants in? Were the non-Elder plants randomly distributed through the plot, or a small bunch at one end?

If you do mean this to be a bug report, the more details provided, the better.

I've seen this happen too, and I've seen posts about this before. It's been a problem since around the summer update. As for your questions:

1. The white and maltese tiger lily plots were 69. I've seen that with other plants like evil magma peas, sword ferns, ninja figs, alligator pear trees, fish on a vine, etc.
      2. Not stacked, and some of them were soil plots while others were pots. Some plots were made with advanced movement, so the plots are all crammed together, but none are stacked on top of each other anymore.
      3. botanical gardens (inside), dragon djord (outside), wysteria villa (inside), wyrd house (inside), celestial observatory (inside and outside), sultan's palace (outside), treetop getaway (outside)
      4. It was as if they all wilted and then were revived, and then moved to mature. When that happens, plants usually have a harvest ready once they become mature. There were no elder plants or plants that have progressed further. When they were mature like this after a week, they have no progress at all.

What should happen is that plants don't develop needs ot change status until you show up, but that doesn't seem to be the case. We would visit the garden during each phase and take care of any needs or use protections. Then wait until they go to the next phase. As long as they have no needs or pests, they should progress and change to the next status without requiring you to visit the house. After a few days to a week, the plants become elder. At least, that's how it used to work. But once they do become elder, they stay that way like usual. It's just the getting there that has become the problem.
      Last edited by Happy Fun Ball; 11-16-20 at 10:20:11 AM.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I have to say that I recently had this bug happening as well.

some of my low level wizards lazily grow one or two plants in the dorm's planters, and a few times, when entering the dorm after a few days, I was expecting plants to be elder. Instead I found them as if they barely reached maturity at that moment. Some plants remained at Young for several days, so I'd expect them to move to mature for good during the previous dorm's visit, but it seems there is something wrong with the server clocks.

And on the other side, today i went to take care of a (normal) patch of maelstorm snap dragons, and they had just matured (which was normal, I planted them 2-3 days ago). But the pink dandelion that i had on the side had reched elder, so after tending all the plants, i replaced it.

Well, the moment I planted the new seed, all snap dragons moved to "ready to harvest"...

Never had these thing happening before. I can't say if my small wizards did go and leave from the dorms, as i use them rarely.
      Last edited by richardDkht; 11-16-20 at 2:40:20 PM.

Oxnhorse is offline Adept Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

[QUOTE=jlegendwielder;5616884]Should be in the gardening forum.

Nope. The status bar showed them with NO PROGRESS to elder, just as it had when I visited them five days ago. What's more, when I fixed their needs and pests, they were all ready for a mature harvest, bright yellow rings of KI shame. What nonsense!

Three or four weeks ago, it was a plot of Alligator Pear Trees. Same deal, had to repeat their mature time all over again..

...except for the ones that were elder! That's right, everything the same for all of them (planting time, visiting, care), but a few were elder and the rest had made no progress to elder. Balderdash!! (That's Odin's kid running hard...)

Only thing I can offer as a suggestion, is to get the Red Barn Farm for 125K gold.

A few weeks ago, Kane DawnWalker my Life wiz, was planting a few plants as well as keeping up with others.

Returning about every 16 to 18 hours after meeting all of my plants needs, they matured and then after another 16 to 18 hours, my plants were now around mature and almost starting on elder, and after about another 17 hours, they are close to faded elder.

I'm not a gardening expert, but I am relating my experiences with it, and thought it might help you.

Oxnhorse

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jlegendwielder View Post
      Should be in the gardening forum.

Or the bug report forum.

Or (best) the "KI is a bunch of pinchbeck flogging, stat-nerfing, #$%^&s" forum.

The latest, which started for me about 3-4 weeks ago, is plants that stall at mature. Just now happened to me for the third time, with two plots of EMPs. Five days ago I visited them as they matured, treated all their needs and pests, and left them to do their thing. Five days, five likes, they should have been elder.

And again a week or so ago. This time, it was a plot of half and half red/pink huckleberries. When I visited to harvest at elder, half were elder and the other half had made no progress. Skunk me!

And yes, I did port away and come back, quit and come back, even log off and come back.

Still no progress.

What a rook!

(Oh, and this is on three different wizards on three different accounts, bah!)

I am sorry you are having so much trouble with your gardens.

I had similar issues a couple of years ago which just happened to be during Test Realm. I have no idea if Test Realm being up has anything to do with what is happening with gardens or not, but I have since stayed away from mine when Test is up.

I would suggest getting all plots tended then stay away until test is over if that is feasible for you.

Fallon WinterLeaf

icehammer1112 is offline Initiate Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Same thing has been happening to me, think for over a year. Agree with you that itís pretty annoying.

best solution for me is to visit plants once when progressing From mature to elder (but before they get there).
      W: Just when you think this show is terrible something wonderful happens.
      Statler: What?
      Waldorf: It ends.

TIMMEH is offline Legendary Wizard

• TIMMEH's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  timothy lifebane
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  baby belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pink pixie

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I had a similar issue recently with my gardens where the plants were not showing at all for me on my cpu and I had others come to the houses to take pics and they show correctly on the other peoples pics and on my laptop. I had to fix a few things on my pc and did a repair on the download for wiz 101 and that fixed it. The reason you had that reset of your plants was probably due to a visual glitch where there were needs that you couldn't see when you left the house. I'll try and find the post and forward it here. BTW are you using 48 hour protection spells?

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

To me it sounds like you need to check on you plants part way through the mature to elder phase. While the plants like Couch Potato can be left at mature and return to them to be elder, not all plants can do this. Sword Ferns will never reach elder if I don't check on them part way through the mature stage. I would recommend checking those plants with longer mature to elder cycles for example, King Parsley, White Tiger Lilly's.

It is odd about EMP because you certainly used to be able to leave them at mature with all likes and would reach elder. However I haven't really been growing them lately.

I do recall reading about huckleberries when I used to grow them and pink and reds grow at different speeds, so that could be why some reached elder, with other needing a visit part way through. Other posters on central advised separating pink and red huckleberries.
      Last edited by lethargy101; 11-18-20 at 5:42:13 AM.

jlegendwielder is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

An update with new information.

First, I've been gardening EMPs for eight years. I have four accounts and 24 wizards, all with Red Barn Farms and multiple 37 plant plots of EMPs. I have thousands of them sitting at elder (double seeds...). I could garden them in my sleep. For all those years, it's worked like this:

Early in the morning, I plant my plots. Three hours and forty minutes later I come back and they are young. Sometimes I come back a little early just to see the last of them transition from seed to young; it's kinda cool.

Seven hours and fifty-four minutes later, I come back and they are mature. If I'm right on time, they have no needs, only pests of rank one or two. I hit them with a Massive Pest Zapper and we are good to go. If I'm running late, they may have some needs which I also take care of.

Now, for all the years I've played the game, in two days, ten hours, and forty-five minutes they will go to elder (when I revisit them, as always, the changes happen only when you return). Done deal. Six likes. No stacking. Eight years.

Not anymore.

Taking some advice from helpful posters to this thread, I made a slight change in my latest attempt. First, I used four different wizards on four different accounts. Everything else was the same for all of them. Planted, observed them at young and at mature.

Now a difference. This time I revisited all the gardens in time for the first mature harvest and harvested them. All the EMPs had green showing in their bars that kept track of the time to elder. They had progressed.

Today, I went back in anticipation of harvesting and replanting tomorrow and, oops. Three of my wizards had elder plants only, just as should be. The fourth had some EMPs at elder and some that, sure enough, had no green in their progress bars. They had gone backwards!!

I wonder what KI did to screw up something that had been so stable and reliable for so long...

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast