Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Question Re: Myth Deckathalon Now Live!

Quote Originally Posted by audacioussalix View Post
      And so finally the devs confirm that they know about dungeon recall - and that it's an "issue" NOT intended. Feeling vindicated about contuing to not use it - at least I know I'll still be good at the event when it's gone, unlike some. Only took 3 while months to fix

And just like that, this tiny grain of hope is blown away... What I don't understand is why so many Players are against Dungeon recall in the Deckathalon! The Devs have morphed the Deckathalon into a grindy, gold draining, hyper strategic event that Wizards coming off of Unicorn Way can't complete, so why push for the removal of this feature that made it at least somewhat bearable??

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 11-13-20 at 3:45:58 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

audacioussalix is offline Wiki Master

• audacioussalix's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kane Fire
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ghastly Opossum

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Myth Deckathalon Now Live!

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post

And just like that, this tiny grain of hope is blown away... What I don't understand is why so many Players are against Dungeon recall in the Deckathalon! The Devs have morphed the Deckathalon into a grindy, gold draining, hyper strategic event that Wizards coming off of Unicorn Way can't complete, so why push for the removal of this feature that made it at least somewhat bearable??

Seems you understand perfectly well why we're against it - Deckathalon IS a grindy and hyper strategic event, and the dungeon recall bug completely undermines that strategy by making it possible to just refill your deck over and over without a worry. The fact that some people were very likely using and abusing this bug while others adamantly refused completely destroys the competitive integrity of the event which is something many of us value a lot. We may never actually know who the champion or top 10 of this event and the previous 2 should have been, which is really discouraging for those people. I'm not a top 10 player myself (yet!) but even I can see that my position on the board has been creeping lower despite my actual score being much higher.

At the end of the day, Deckathalon is side content, not part of the main game. You're not obligated to compete in it, nor are you entitled to do well in it. If the grind isn't for you, then no need to do it. All of the event rewards are perfectly obtainable without much fuss or time investment. If you want to do it, and want to beat it, then you can settle in for multiple months of grinding like every other person who has earned their top tier deck and place in the leaderboard.

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Lightbulb Re: Myth Deckathalon Now Live!

@audacioussalix

My point is that because the Deckathalon is incredibly grindy, that we should keep Dungeon Recall which makes it slightly bearable. Its not a good thing that this event requires Players to devote an entire week of farming to get the pet, let alone the lambs one must sacrifice do to get on the leaderboard!
      I remember when the Scroll of Fortune events were first introduced that it was preached as events anybody could participate in- anyone right off the streets of Unicorn Way could win, but that's not what we're seeing here. The Deckathalon has devolved into an event where Wizards are required to have a specific perfect pet with a Kroger Jewel, the best and rarest Treasure Cards that we must hoard, and a beyond basic understanding of deck building/strategy.

Although none of us are 'required' to participate in this event, top tier content is undeniably locked behind it. The Hamster Pets give the best array of item cards out there, and the Deckathalon Decks absolutely dominate in the Arena. I've seen Players start with seven Pips because they have the Level 10 Decks equipped- if one wishes to remain competitive, these Decks are a must have.
      Think of it like Gardening- KingsIsle isn't forcing​ us to partake in this activity, but to advance through the game you are practically required to as there are little to no other options.

Under normal circumstances, I would be all for removing this unintended feature. But until the Developers are willing to fix the fundamental problems with this event instead of starving us of relief, my vote goes towards keeping Dungeon Recall in the Deckathalon!

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 11-13-20 at 7:41:14 PM. Reason: Added more metaphorical language

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

WarWeaver is offline Adept Wizard

• WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      Congrats!

Given that it doesn't look like I'll make it past the 8th stage, do you remember what spells were available at the end of the 9th and 10th stage?

Casp
      I don't know about stage 10(No way I'm getting through that with deck 7) But the card recipes on stage 9 were:

(4)Krokopatra - 660 Storm Damage
      Ingredients: 1 Rocketstove TC, 1 E-Storm rune, and 1-S Storm rune.

Stun Block
      Ingredients: 3 Ice rune, and 1 E-Ice rune.

Very, very underwhelming after having made it that far.

audacioussalix is offline Wiki Master

• audacioussalix's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kane Fire
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ghastly Opossum

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by WarWeaver View Post
      I don't know about stage 10(No way I'm getting through that with deck 7) But the card recipes on stage 9 were:

(4)Krokopatra - 660 Storm Damage
      Ingredients: 1 Rocketstove TC, 1 E-Storm rune, and 1-S Storm rune.

Stun Block
      Ingredients: 3 Ice rune, and 1 E-Ice rune.

Very, very underwhelming after having made it that far.
      Stage 10 is steal charm and storm hound. Storm hound is very expensive taking a catch of the day tc to craft. All the recipes are on the wiki now anyhow
      Last edited by audacioussalix; 11-13-20 at 6:41:02 PM. Reason: Wrong tc

Robobot1747 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Robobot1747's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kane WildThief
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Vaden
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Trolling

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My point is that because the Deckathalon is incredibly grindy, that we should keep Dungeon Recall which makes it slightly bearable. Its not a good thing that this event requires Players to devote an entire week of farming to get the pet, let alone the lambs one must sacrifice do to get on the leaderboard!
      I remember when the Scroll of Fortune events were first introduced that it was preached as events anybody could participate in- anyone right off the streets of Unicorn Way could win, but that's not what we're seeing here. The Deckathalon has devolved into an event where Wizards are required to have a specific perfect pet with a Kroger Jewel, the best and rarest Treasure Cards that we must hoard, and a beyond basic understanding of deck building/strategy.

Although none of us are 'required' to participate in this event, top tier content is undeniably locked behind it. The Hamster Pets give the best array of item cards out there, and the Deckathalon Decks absolutely dominate in the Arena. I've seen Players start with seven Pips because they have the Level 10 Decks equipped- if one wishes to remain competitive, these Decks are a must have.
      Think of it like Gardening- KingsIsle isn't forcing​ us to partake in this activity, but to advance through the game you are practically required to as there are little to no other options.

Under normal circumstances, I would be all for removing this unintended feature. But until the Developers are willing to fix the fundamental problems with this event instead of starving us of relief, my vote goes towards keeping Dungeon Recall in the Deckathalon!

How are people starting with 7 pips? I was under the impression that the top tier ones only gave one power pip, which combined with your wand and first round pip is only 6. I do agree that deckathalon decks are really strong though. The enchant changes might nerf them a bit, but especially in lower levels they're quite good for PvP. I'm not sure if I would use it on my max wizard, but I would consider it. I can't imagine how broken it would be on a level 30. So yeah, if you want to pvp at pretty much any level below 60 or so I'd say deckathalon deck is pretty much mandatory.
      "Fire can be quenched. Storms can dissipate. Myths can simply be forgotten. But Death... Death is constant. Death has existed long before you came to be and it will exist long after it takes you."

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I lean towards @JaredSpellFrost on this one. Consider the first ice deckathalon with 10 stages. We healed up between stages. But people were doing better than they anticipated so they took that away to make it harder. Then someone came up with using minions, and KI countered with the extra damage bubble. They don't want people to complete the tower. Look at the badges they give - a champion badge that gets awarded to exactly 1 player per event.

Think of all the glitches we've had to put up with, not just in the deckathalon but in every update they've put out lately. Glitches that we have to put up with until they get around to fixing it. Glitches that should never have made it out of the test realm. A glitch they fixed, and then un-fixed on a Thursday morning update. So when there's a glitch that is actually to our benefit, no, I don't feel guilty about taking advantage of it to save a few credits. I still have to win the battles, and I don't use it to get on the leaderboard. I used to finish in the top 20 every dackathalon before this dungeon recall glitch came about. Lately, I haven't even made the top 30.

Getting the pet - that's easy. Half an hour a day per wizard farming 1-3.1. Crafting level 10 decks? Done that for the first three, still need a few superior storm runes to make it 4. (I've gotten a few superior runes in stages 5 & 6, but no storm ones so far).

I've said this before - Wizard 101 used to be FUN. Deckathalons aren't fun. They're grindy, impossible to win unless you know the secrets, and it takes from the end of one to the start of the next to replenish your gold. I don't get a sense of accomplishment from completing the tower. I get a sense of relief that I don't have to keep trying anymore. Except I still have to grind to get those stupid superior and strengthening runes that just don't seem to drop for me. Instead I get spellements that do absolutely nothing for me unless I want to use a training point to learn a 1-pip spell that I'll never use. I'd rather just farm Cronus for amber, at least it doesn't cost a king's ransom, and I can do it whenever I want.

Eric Stormbringer is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@audacioussalix

The "flaws" you are citing are by design. The deckathalon is designed to be a massive gold sink where people utilize their rare and powerful tc. The leaderboard aspect is intended to cater to those players that enjoy competitive deckbuilding. These are not flaws-they are features of the deckathalon. Not every side event will cater to the casual player. Things like the Deckathalon and Monster Mayhem cater to more challenge oriented or "hardcore" players. Things like the spiral showcase, pet promenade and the upcoming castle magic oriented event cater to more casual audiences.

The hamster pet is designed to be obtainable by casual players and absolutely can be- simply do stages 1-4 and the pet will be yours.

The decks are designed to be obtained by more dedicated players and while the advantages they offer to lower level pvpers is significant- the upcoming changes to enchants will serve to curtail their effectiveness.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

Happy Fun Ball is offline Grandmaster Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Robobot1747 View Post
      How are people starting with 7 pips? I was under the impression that the top tier ones only gave one power pip, which combined with your wand and first round pip is only 6. I do agree that deckathalon decks are really strong though. The enchant changes might nerf them a bit, but especially in lower levels they're quite good for PvP. I'm not sure if I would use it on my max wizard, but I would consider it. I can't imagine how broken it would be on a level 30. So yeah, if you want to pvp at pretty much any level below 60 or so I'd say deckathalon deck is pretty much mandatory.
      Combine a higher level deckathalon deck with a level 3 essence potion, which gives you an extra pip, and that gives you 7.

Torpzun26 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I just very foolishly entered the 7.2 fight with a measly 66 health. It ended like this:

Name:  7-2 66 Health Start.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  229.7 KB

7-2, the hardest battle in the Deckathalon (imo, due to the lower pip chance and high enemy health you need hits that are over 7 pips but may struggle to get them quick enough, but in the Myth event it could be 9-2 or 10-2). Willcasts definitely played a huge part in this as you can tell by the icy explosion in the image, but I also have to give a shoutout for Storm Lord's AoE stun, which really is an amazing utility. The extra turn was absolutely vital for me to shield up after my first AoE.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast