•  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Important Twitter Info

I have noticed that there has been huge information dumps on twitter that have not made it to central. As such I will link them here so central players have a point of reference. Quick disclaimers: 1) My screenshots are intended to focus on the info the Devs released meaning in some cases player replies were edited out so I could fit the Dev tweets in one image. 2)It's virtually impossible for me to keep track of all the info so if something is missing let me know.

Critical Changes
      Name:  Ratbeard Critical.PNG
Views: 519
Size:  319.0 KB
      Key Takeaways
      -
      100% critical is impossible- Crit has a hard cap at 95%
      -2x critical damage is only possible if the enemy has no block
      -Most mobs block will mean your effective crit rate is between 86-94% and 1.7-1.8x damage
      -Critical Healing multiplier is now dependent on the target's block: If the target has no block they get the full x2, The higher the target's block the lower the multiplier. This includes self healing.

Spellement Info
      Name:  Spellement Info.png
Views: 528
Size:  69.6 KB
      Key Takeaways
      -Spellements for the new spells will be dropped frequently and will be available as main and side quest rewards.

School Stat Realignments
      Name:  Mattnetic Stat Redistribution 1.PNG
Views: 518
Size:  52.0 KBName:  Ice-Life Paradigm.png
Views: 392
Size:  467.7 KB
      Key Takeaways
      -Myth is likely replacing Storm as the school with the highest pierce
      -Life is likely replacing Ice as the school with the highest HP(Gear Screenshots provided by @Swordroll)

Miscellaneous
      Name:  Mattnetic energy and tp.png
Views: 455
Size:  102.1 KB
      Key Takeaways
      -Energy is being capped at 130 base for now
      -Zeke and Eloise not providing training points is a bug that will likely be fixed
      Last edited by Eric Stormbringer; 11-5-20 at 6:39:19 PM.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Important Twitter Info

This basically defeats the entire purpose of any life wizard wanting critical block at all. Life wizards would likely stick with exclusively critical based gear (Dragoon presumably) in which they can probably use their weakened critical heals to save themselves from attacks they don't block and focus on critical hits. I thought the intention was getting people to increase their block but it doesn't seem to be the case for life wizards...

Also I really really hope that Kingsisle doesn't make the mistake of allowing life wizards to not only have higher health but also higher resist than an ice wizard (while still retaining otherwise good stats). The intention should be having Ice wizards retain the best resist in the game because that is their character feature...
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 11-4-20 at 6:50:34 PM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Eric Stormbringer is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      This basically defeats the entire purpose of any life wizard wanting critical block at all. Life wizards would likely stick with exclusively critical based gear (Dragoon presumably) in which they can probably use their weakened critical heals to save themselves from attacks they don't block and focus on critical hits. I thought the intention was getting people to increase their block but it doesn't seem to be the case for life wizards...

Also I really really hope that Kingsisle doesn't make the mistake of allowing life wizards to not only have higher health but also higher resist than an ice wizard (while still retaining otherwise good stats). The intention should be having Ice wizards retain the best resist in the game because that is their character feature...
      Ice is retaining highest resist as per the gear.

Signature by Skyfuria

Happy Fun Ball is offline Grandmaster Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Does that critical cap include modifiers such as the Khrysalis bubbles and shadow trickster?

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs down Re: Important Twitter Info

Life should never get more health than Ice for several reasons:

1. Ice is the "tank" school- they need the most health and resist to take hits! In exchange, they sacrifice damage, critical, pierce and power pip.

2. Life has heals, Ice doesn't. Life can survive with less HP as they can very easily heal back up with Satyr, Pigsie, Guardian Spirit, and more.

3. Life has the highest Outgoing/Incoming Healing and accuracy- traits which have been assigned to their school since the beginning. Just like how Ice is the tank school, Life is the healing school.

I worry that KingsIsle doesn't know what they are seeking for when they talk of (Cough giving Fire more damage than Storm cough cough) "school identity." Ice and Life have had their identities solidified for over a decade now, so why is their talk of decimating this?

As for Myth becoming the school of magic with the most Pierce, I could get behind this. Myth is the "utility" caster of the seven schools- Conjurers borrow concepts from Fire and Ice, schools that both have shield breaking spells (DoTs and Steal Ward). Even though Storm being able to maximize their damage via pierce makes sense, Storm is all about Blade mechanics- not Ward utility.
      In conclusion, as long as Diviners retains the title of maximum damage and critical, I am all for giving Myth Wizards the most Pierce!

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 11-4-20 at 7:31:15 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

SeptenaryRavens is online now Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Dreaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

This transparency is good to see, but as someone who isn't stalking twitter for the player-developer interactions, I wouldn't have known about these explanations if it wasn't for people like Eric, so thanks

On the other hand, I do feel like these changes to critical and block will benefit those players who sport waterworks/zigazag (or even bazaar bought) gear through level 60-99. Because of decay, your block with waterworks gear at level 99 is going to be substantially lower than at level 60. Now, even with 1% block, you will still be able to "resist the critical" if the spawns in Khrysalis decide to do 4 critical tempests in a row. Even if the amount you resist is miniscule, it's still better than taking the full 2x damage.

Eric Stormbringer is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Quote Originally Posted by SeptenaryRavens View Post
      This transparency is good to see, but as someone who isn't stalking twitter for the player-developer interactions, I wouldn't have known about these explanations if it wasn't for people like Eric, so thanks

On the other hand, I do feel like these changes to critical and block will benefit those players who sport waterworks/zigazag (or even bazaar bought) gear through level 60-99. Because of decay, your block with waterworks gear at level 99 is going to be substantially lower than at level 60. Now, even with 1% block, you will still be able to "resist the critical" if the spawns in Khrysalis decide to do 4 critical tempests in a row. Even if the amount you resist is miniscule, it's still better than taking the full 2x damage.
      As far as we know, decay will no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post

1. Ice is the "tank" school- they need the most health and resist to take hits! In exchange, they sacrifice damage, critical, pierce and power pip.

2. Life has heals, Ice doesn't. Life can survive with less HP as they can very easily heal back up with Satyr, Pigsie, Guardian Spirit, and more.

3. Life has the highest Outgoing/Incoming Healing and accuracy- traits which have been assigned to their school since the beginning. Just like how Ice is the tank school, Life is the healing school.

I worry that KingsIsle doesn't know what they are seeking for when they talk of (Cough giving Fire more damage than Storm cough cough) "school identity." Ice and Life have had their identities solidified for over a decade now, so why is their talk of decimating this?

As for Myth becoming the school of magic with the most Pierce, I could get behind this. Myth is the "utility" caster of the seven schools- Conjurers borrow concepts from Fire and Ice, schools that both have shield breaking spells (DoTs and Steal Ward). Even though Storm being able to maximize their damage via pierce makes sense, Storm is all about Blade mechanics- not Ward utility.
      In conclusion, as long as Diviners retains the title of maximum damage and critical, I am all for giving Myth Wizards the most Pierce!

It seems they are going the more classic RPG route where the tanks and the healers are 2 separate classes. This is supported by the changes to the taunt and pacify mechanics and the fact that critical healing is now being reduced by block(meaning they are encouraging Life to run lower block but higher critical to be the most potent healer they can be) while Ice- the tank class retains higher block and due to it's naturally higher block-will not be benefiting as much from critical heals.

For Storm and Fire- Storm is being pushed into the critical school meaning their damage will work best against mobs. This orients well with their numerous burst AoEs. Meanwhile Fire having more damage is pushing it towards being the standard boss killer which orients well with it's traps and DoTs. Myth is being pushed as the special bosses killer with it's emphasis on getting around defenses and shields.
      Last edited by Eric Stormbringer; 11-6-20 at 7:42:55 PM.

Signature by Skyfuria

Fredwardo is offline Master Wizard

• Fredwardo's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kyle Ironmender
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Chico
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Egg

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Gotta give quick shout out to Stormbringer for this info. I'm not super huge into social media (I prefer the more archaic forms of internet communication) so it means a ton when stuff like this is posted. Keep it up fam!

AMAMAZING SIGGY MADE BY THE BEAUTIFUL EMERALD GEM OF LIGHT

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post

Ice can still be the school with the highest HP......through absorbs. Absorb stacking (with incredible resists slowing damage), can be just as useful as it is in Beastmoon (fulfilling tank role anyways).

No one has used several of Ice's spells in the past (absorbs, taunt, etc); seems that could change with the revisions in the system.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I feel like 130 energy is such a weird number to end base energy with lol. I would believe the 150 (when we reach Level 150, assuming that the game will continue on past that point) would be a prettier total to end energy increases on. Though I'm not at all saying that ending energy now isn't unreasonable, I'm just saying that 150 to me seems like the Goldilocks of numbers...

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast