•  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Critical Analysis

A recent concern over how critical work has recently came up. I didn't want to high jack anyone thread but it wanted to share what i see kingsisle doing with critical as i saw this with there recent announcement before test realm.

How does this critical system works?

is what i see alot of people asking. In order to do that a little view of pirate101 critical system in order. Pirate101 uses a 3 tier crit system to determine the muliplier. Those are Epic (1.3x) , Mega (1.5-1.7), and Super (2x). Higher level pirates crit often but what school determines which word you likely see more often. In this case Wizard101 using critical block to determine actual critical multiplier.

Ex: Storm will likely 2x against fire and itself.
      Storm will likely Likely 1.5x-1.7x against Myth, balance, Death
      Storm will likely 1.3x against Ice and life
      Why?

Storm and fire has the lowest block due to the highest damage output. Myth, balance and death are often midtier meaning there block would be higher then storm and fire but lower then ice and life. Life and ice having the lowest damage tends to get more block meaning that muliplier likely to decrease.

Example 2: Myth likely 2x maybe against fire and storm
      Myth maybe likely 1.5-1.7x against itself, balance and death
      Myth likely 1.3x against Life and ice
      Why?
      Storm and fire has the lowest block which give it a chance at 2x however because it not high as Storm and fire the chances decrease signifantly bring damage more likely in the 1.7x. Against itself since block in this range is more balance with critical will likely be in the middle. Life and Ice being the lowest in damage would have higher block meaning less damage done to those school giving the odds towards 1.3X

Example 3: Ice will likely never 2x anyone
      Ice will maybe likely 1.5x Storm and fire
      ice will likely 1.3x all other schools

Why?

Ice isn't designed to do massive damage. having low crit chances will give ice little chance to crit meaning the chance of getting a 2x muliplier is very little to none. Ice has a middle chance to fire and storm due to the fact they have absolutely lowest block chance. But against more in the middle schools higher block means very little chance of 1.5x so the lowest i think ki said 1.3 maybe 1.2x is the likely case.

What does that mean for stats in game like what if i have 100% chance in live realm?

Kingisle has now likely capped critical based on school

Storm and fire may have 85-95%
      Myth: 65- 75%

Balance and Death 45-55%

Life and Ice- 25-35%

Block will likely be the opposite:
      Storm and fire: 25-35%
      Myth: 45-55%
      balance and death:65-75%
      Life and ice 85-95%

What this means. It means that no matter how much critical or block you have there a limit or your school can have. It no longer 100%. Now it matter of hitting the max cap if you want critical but know when you do it not a 100% critical chance it may be 70% but with that block depending on that other school determine multiplier and your chance to actually critical meaning don't be surprise if ice and life are blocking more there the lowest damage schools and given priority block. By making block stronger it also like a built in resist instead of getting that 1.7x you get 1.3x.

What about Stat degrading?

It much slower now. Kingsisle getting us to run and grind for level appropiate gear. What this likely means:

Level 60- Waterworks/House Will be your grind
      Level 70- Poseidon instance will the be upgrade
      Level 90- Hades/ Exalted duels
      level 100- Darkmoor
      Level 130- Dragoon

If you hold on to gear longer without crafting or grinding your gonna slow down or struggle in for now on. So now that your school say let say 70% critical max holding on to that gear will degrade you 50 or even 40%. This adds length to the game as you can just grind one gear set and blow through content without experiencing a difficulty spike if you don't get gear appropiate to you level.

I hope this view shines light on what i feel kingisle going with Content and stats for now on.
      @Eric Stormbringer i would love your input also! Your better at this stat system stuff then i am lol.
      Last edited by Starbreaker; 10-30-20 at 1:01:02 PM.

KieranCaster is offline Magus Wizard

• KieranCaster's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  KieranCaster
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Constable Millie - The Critical Pet!
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ornery Kookaburra

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Critical Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
      A recent concern over how critical work has recently came up. I didn't want to high jack anyone thread but it wanted to share what i see kingsisle doing with critical as i saw this with there recent announcement before test realm.

How does this critical system works?

is what i see alot of people asking. In order to do that a little view of pirate101 critical system in order. Pirate101 uses a 3 tier crit system to determine the muliplier. Those are Epic (1.3x) , Mega (1.5-1.7), and Super (2x). Higher level pirates crit often but what school determines which word you likely see more often. In this case Wizard101 using critical block to determine actual critical multiplier.

Ex: Storm will likely 2x against fire and itself.
      Storm will likely Likely 1.5x-1.7x against Myth, balance, Death
      Storm will likely 1.3x against Ice and life
      Why?

Storm and fire has the lowest block due to the highest damage output. Myth, balance and death are often midtier meaning there block would be higher then storm and fire but lower then ice and life. Life and ice having the lowest damage tends to get more block meaning that muliplier likely to decrease.

Example 2: Myth likely 2x maybe against fire and storm
      Myth maybe likely 1.5-1.7x against itself, balance and death
      Myth likely 1.3x against Life and ice
      Why?
      Storm and fire has the lowest block which give it a chance at 2x however because it not high as Storm and fire the chances decrease signifantly bring damage more likely in the 1.7x. Against itself since block in this range is more balance with critical will likely be in the middle. Life and Ice being the lowest in damage would have higher block meaning less damage done to those school giving the odds towards 1.3X

Example 3: Ice will likely never 2x anyone
      Ice will maybe likely 1.5x Storm and fire
      ice will likely 1.3x all other schools

Why?

Ice isn't designed to do massive damage. having low crit chances will give ice little chance to crit meaning the chance of getting a 2x muliplier is very little to none. Ice has a middle chance to fire and storm due to the fact they have absolutely lowest block chance. But against more in the middle schools higher block means very little chance of 1.5x so the lowest i think ki said 1.3 maybe 1.2x is the likely case.

What does that mean for stats in game like what if i have 100% chance in live realm?

Kingisle has now likely capped critical based on school

Storm and fire may have 85-95%
      Myth: 65- 75%

Balance and Death 45-55%

Life and Ice- 25-35%

Block will likely be the opposite:
      Storm and fire: 25-35%
      Myth: 45-55%
      balance and death:65-75%
      Life and ice 85-95%

What this means. It means that no matter how much critical or block you have there a limit or your school can have. It no longer 100%. Now it matter of hitting the max cap if you want critical but know when you do it not a 100% critical chance it may be 70% but with that block depending on that other school determine multiplier and your chance to actually critical meaning don't be surprise if ice and life are blocking more there the lowest damage schools and given priority block. By making block stronger it also like a built in resist instead of getting that 1.7x you get 1.3x.

What about Stat degrading?

It much slower now. Kingsisle getting us to run and grind for level appropiate gear. What this likely means:

Level 60- Waterworks/House Will be your grind
      Level 70- Poseidon instance will the be upgrade
      Level 90- Hades/ Exalted duels
      level 100- Darkmoor
      Level 130- Dragoon

If you hold on to gear longer without crafting or grinding your gonna slow down or struggle in for now on. So now that your school say let say 70% critical max holding on to that gear will degrade you 50 or even 40%. This adds length to the game as you can just grind one gear set and blow through content without experiencing a difficulty spike if you don't get gear appropiate to you level.

I hope this view shines light on what i feel kingisle going with Content and stats for now on.
      @Eric Stormbringer i would love your input also! Your better at this stat system stuff then i am lol.
      Nice points, but I must disagree that Ice isn't designed to do massive damage. If you wrote that in 2008 or 2009, I would agree. But not anymore. Ice multipliers - bubbles, blades damage enchants are the highest in the game, easily make up for slightly less damage spells. Jewels are not tiered, and though provides the same boost for everyone, it still provides a bigger advantage for Ice than Storm. (Jewels should be tiered - all other gear is.

From my PVP perspective, here is another thought. I will preface this by saying, I agree with your conclusions and examples, but I hope they are wrong.

If the explanation you propose is accurate, this system will favor schools that have a lot of block and resist. If schools are grouped into those that have high block and those that donít, then PVP continues the trend of being even more imbalanced at the basic level.

For example, Stormís strength Ė damage and critical Ė will be significantly reduced against Ice Ė super high health, crazy resist and high block. The Gap between storm and Ice will grow considerably more. Storm canít overcome Iceís health because Ice has high resist and block, block, block. Ice on the offensive side hits as hard as anyone, and when they critical, Stormís block is so low, Ice lands each and every time. This offensive example is happening now and will get more lopsided if what you describe is correct.

Super resist and block always will triumph over super high Critical and super high damage. KI should know this.

Take it to the extreme: A 50,000 damage 8-pip hit that goes critical will only do 1,000 damage against an Ice school that has 98% resist and blocks critical. It really doesnít matter how strong Storm gets; if Ice blocks most of the time, and their health remains in the stratosphere, and resist is high, itís Avalon all over again, if not already.

From my perspective, KI is going about this wrong. They are trying to rebalance so everyone doesnít have 100% on every stats by level 150. The one stat they really should adjust which is limitless, and which they havenít touched is health. Health seems to be the simple fix. Give everyone 60,000 health (an exaggeration) and let them go at it in PVP. At lower levels, I can see and understand a big gap in health. But to have a greater health gap at level 130 makes no sense since everyone hits about as hard as each other. Everyone should be within +/-500 health at these higher levels.

I will close with this:

Take a Fire and Ice, and have them blade once and Lob Weaver and FFA on each other and see who comes out on top. Let the Fire go first too.

I wonít need to do the battle to tell you the result.

Fire with more damage would get the first open shot. Fire may or may not land a critical, but the odds are, Ice will block.
      Then Ice hits wide open Weaver, and by the way, gives it self a shield. The +40 blade is a huge boost when you multiply it to their damage.

Fireís trap from the first FFA is there, and even if Fire lands a critical, the damage is reduced significantly. It canít overcome the shield effectively.

Ice has itís next wide open shot again and this time Ice Criticals and Fire canít block because Fire critical is low. And, oh, I forgot, Ice gets a shield again. Fire is down to Ĺ health, and Ice has been reduced from 10,000 to 7,500.

FFA is sent, Fire does not critical and the damage again is nerfed with the shield. With poor pip percentage, Fire gets a regular pip and canít hit, but Iceís pip chance remains high at 100%. Two more rounds and itís over. Ice is successful because of superior health, superior resistance, superior block, superior pip chance, and overwhelming health. Fire's 160 damage is useless because of Ice resist, Fire's lower health, poor block and an effect that really is neutralized by the weaver shield. Ice still remains with 5,000 health at the end of the battle.

I would be happy to do this experiment with a max ice with typical PVP stats to see if this hypothesis is correct.

Just my thoughts.
      Last edited by KieranCaster; 10-30-20 at 9:45:00 PM. Reason: type OMG