• PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
    40. You may not vote on this poll
    • Ice

6 15.00%
    • Storm

5 12.50%
    • Fire

11 27.50%
    • Balance

1 2.50%
    • Life

8 20.00%
    • Myth

8 20.00%
    • Death

1 2.50%
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
        Icy BlackHeart is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Icy BlackHeart's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sabrina, Maria, Rylee, Alexis, Alexandria, Brecken, Tristan, Tara, Marissa, Evan, Sydney, Ryan, Jack
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Way too many

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: ALL Karamelle Level 130 Spells

The life spell animation is a bit weird looking

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by GOOZEKING View Post
      It is prob too early to say this but idk when or why these spells would be played in PVE instead of the ones we have already. I mean look at the fire one. You have to some how build enough Blades, traps, pips and shadow to use the spell then for the effect to do anything you have to build pips and blade to do a dot. Like what? I feel like itís mainly a pvp spell where you combo it with stuff. FFA is still better in my mind cause itís cheaper and the fuel effects ALL fire spells not just DOTs like the new one does
      FFA only leaves a trap now the fuel effect been removed.

I think it too early to say. Some are not improvements some are.

Storm is practical if kingsisle changes bosses to prevent blade and one shot. Like you have have to kill the minions before the boss or something.

Taunt if it works will make ice more the tank storm lives longer.

Pacify will take aggro away from life healers that have to do damage for whatever reason

Myth Confuse effect not better then Mythic unless it at least 50% chance.

Balance works for the same reason as storm if it a balance boss.

Death is a good finishing hit and pvp spell. One weakness is no longer a issue anymore.

The only spell effect that kingsisle need to clarify is fires. Fire has 3 types of dot. The first has a initial hit then 3 over time damages (elf dragon . THe second is a 3 round no initial hit ( scorch). Last is initial hit then one delayed final hit (burning rampage) Which dots or which part of which dots works?
      Last edited by Starbreaker; 10-29-20 at 3:22:40 PM.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Icy BlackHeart View Post
      The life spell animation is a bit weird looking
      I had some thoughts on that one as well. I don't think the dog needs to look so shifty about it, and the TNT could just land and explode without rolling around. I thought they were looking at shortening these animations, and this one has a few seconds it could omit.

I did like the Ice spell.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

edward sky is offline Journeyman Wizard

• edward sky's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Edward sky
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir boots
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Satyr (life pet)

Mood:
      Eating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Am I missing something or does the balance spell have 0 sound effects? It's silence on every video I've watched.
      They need to work on that one, it seems dull with it so quiet if it has noise at all.

The fire spell needs adjusting on the eyes, it's terrifying to view and seems slow. That seems to be a trend for graphical updates however, they need to tone it down on the over ambitious eyes (e.x our character models before they adjusted)

Storm is okay, animation just looks a little wonky in the beginning with the arms swinging/walking it could be alot smoother.

Other than that I'm missing the theme vibe from some of these, the life spell just seems so random with the dog, like the scenery around it looks nice but the spell overall looks misplaced.

Ice seems fine, very fitting and nothin to really critique here

Myth Like others have said seems to be not same themed, but honestly looking the best? Funny how that works.

Death? Why the gobbler? It seems not fitting and the puke animations are always my least favorite so I'm biased there, i'd rather something un-dead related themed to the world or not.

I voted Myth.
      Last edited by edward sky; 10-29-20 at 11:37:16 PM.

Edward sky/Life/102/
      And may the odds be ever in your favour.

juliarubygem is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• juliarubygem's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Julia RubyGem
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Wartle

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

For the first time ever, Fire's isn't my favorite. I really like Life's, but that's because I love dogs and thought it was cute. However, I found the spells overall to be a bit cheesy and the stats to be not so good.

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Ice is the cleanest animation of all the new spells. But I would suggest doing away with Taunt.

Life, as @Willowdreamer is too long. Shorten that background scenery and just have Grenadier come straight in and get rid of the roll on the barrel. Plus, it looks like it should be more of a fire spell than life. Pacify is an unwanted after effect IMO.

Death, looks 2nd rate. I would think the Devs could come up with something better than a belching Gobbler. Maybe a Black Tornado or Black Lighting (A very rare form of lighting) or a Swarm of bats. Anything but a belching gobbler.

Balance, I have no words for this one other than it takes too long for an AoE.

Fire, flaming marshmellows just doesn't strike me as a damage spell. More sticky than anything. If you have to use a form of candy for fire, maybe a canon shooting Hot Tamales (the candy form).

Storm, Ok I guess, but I think shortening the walk in before the storm would help and reduce some of the flash.

Myth, not one of my favorite schools but if the spell intro were shortened, it would help.

In the current form, the ONLY new spell any of my wizards might use, will be ICE.

As @juliarubygem stated, most are a bit cheesy. My grandsons have a better imagination than what is being used for these spells.

Sorry KI, but surely you can come up with some better spells....

Fallon WinterLeaf

Torpzun26 is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

If you cast the Death Spell against multiple enemies, who will you push the negative charm to?

Anyways, my thoughts on the best spells by damage/effect:

Fire (Lots of damage is lots of nice. Aftereffect isn't all that useful in PVE, but I guess it works nice in PVP?)
      Death (This spell's place in this list varies depending on how the push mechanic works when you can push to multiple targets, but I will put it here for now. It is nice if you have that one extra Virulent Plague on you that you don't have time to cleanse off. Damage-wise, it's worse than Lulu at least in early Spellement tiers, and it isn't even a drain, but it makes it on that great utility.)
      Life (The revamped Pacify actually seems kinda useful in case you need to stop being targeted, but it kinda encourages you to hit while playing as a healer and that simply does not work in this game. Maybe in a crit healing setup?)
      Balance (Having a high purely-Balance hit seems kinda useful since their other shadow spells don't really get the job done. The only other shadow hit that does this is Sandwurm. I honestly don't understand the effect all that well, would need to see it in action.)
      Ice (I LOVE the reworked Taunt mechanic, and would've put this at the top of the list, but I realized that if you hit with this, you'll probably generate enough threat to make enemies target you regardless. The Taunt would then only be useful if someone else has already accumulated a lot of threat.)
      Myth (You can't be confused if you're dead. It also seems kinda decent in PVP. Looking at its Spellement path it looks like you can take the damage path to eventually upgrade it into a slightly stronger Orthrus, for PVE usage. Not enough to warrant a shadow pip cost but better damage is always good.)
      Storm (Yeah, no, sorry. I saw a post on the main site about how you can Sharpen this spell, power it through Spellements, and then defeat 3 enemies to get a 25% blade. But that is the best-case scenario for this spell and even then that's just horrible. You would have to wait for a Shadow pip, use this, then re-apply blades for another attack. This spell also will make you the focus for any surviving enemies, and that's especially bad for Storm.)

By spell animation. I don't have much to say about their animation. Every single one of them is wonderfully paced. However, I am getting a little tired of Kingsisle removing the battle OST during the spell animation, it makes the soundtracks a bit jarring. I'm also getting tired of them incorporating humor into the spells. It was funny for the Wysteria pack spells, but it feels really out of place here. These are supposed to be some of our strongest spells yet, and the jokes kinda ruin that feeling of power for me. Thankfully, only two spells in this update do this.

Storm
      Ice
      Balance (It's called Mockenspiel because they used the same countdown animation that they used for Celestial Calendar. Despite that, I liked the animation.)
      Life
      Myth (This is one of the two spells that I felt got ruined by the humor. It started out great, but that end part really disrupts that.)
      Fire (The background is really weird and the marshmallow setting itself on fire is kinda a little bit of a yikes from me.)
      Death (The other spell. It sorta makes sense, but at the same time, it was just pure wat.)

Cosmos is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Cosmos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Colin Willowwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sea Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I'm glad that KI has thrown away the concept of "More powerful = Bigger & Badder". Since everyone is giving their input on the designs, I'll throw mine in too.

Can't really comment on their utility, but here are the spell animations ranked visually and conceptually in my view:

Life
      Simple. Cute. Funny. But not cringey. Or maybe it's just that I like dogs. The reused model is understandable and even applies well given the theme. It is still pretty glitchy though, especially during the transition when dog-god jumps off the hill. Nice music too.

Myth
      One thing comes to mind when I watch the Myth spell: SMOOTH. It's hard to explain, but it flows in such a way that is visually appealing. And it's fast compared to Orthrus, so that's nice. Maybe get rid of that weird thousand-yard stare towards the camera though.

Ice
      Another spell that applies the theme in a very nice way. Nothing stood out to me here though. It's a nice looking, modern spell.

Balance
      I like the idea. In fact, I really enjoy the last half. But there's something about the Celestial Calendar v2 start that really bugs me. Cut that out.

Storm
      Another one where I like the idea, but the execution just felt really strange. This one actually felt cringey.

Death
      If I had to sum it up in one word, it would be "uninspired". Yeah, it was just way too bland.

Fire
      What am even looking at right now? I don't like the sound design, the backdrop, the concept.
      Last edited by Cosmos; 11-1-20 at 4:37:13 PM.
      Yet it cannot be called talent to slay fellow-citizens, to deceive friends, to be without faith, without mercy, without religion; such methods may gain empire, but not glory. - Machiavelli // I also write my own stuff ~

Eric Stormbringer is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My ratings of spell concepts and animations from favorite to least favorite. In terms of the overall feel of the spells- I actually like it. Karamelle is meant to be a whimsical world as kind of a break from the heavy stuff we dealt with arc 3 and the spell's attitude and design reflect that. I don't need to feel like a God raining hellfire down on the denizens of the Lollipop Guild lol.

Ice
      The spell's animation is smooth, usage of the avalanche concept is cool and the transition to surfing down the mountain was a nice surprise that made me laugh out loud. My fave by far.

Life
      I really like the sound design of this spell, I also have always liked the wide open spaces setting(one of the reasons Aero Plains is my fave area in Empyrea)

Storm
      The sound of music reference is top tier and the quick change transition was cute. My only issue with the spell is the hamster seems to slide into the frame.

Fire
      The marshmallow s'mores concept is cool but overall this spell seems kind of creepy with the huge, realistic eyes. If you scratch beneath the surface these dudes are effectively kamikaze mellows enthusiastically causing their own fiery demise.

Myth
      The myth spell is a favorite of a lot of people but the animation doesn't really do anything for me. It's sort of unremarkable imo.

Balance

I don't think this spell will remain as low as it is once it receives it's sound effects. As it stands now this spell's animation is cute but it really suffers from lack of sound.

Death
      I don't have anything good to say about the death spell's animation. It just seems very underwhelming and feels more like an old school lore spell than a Shadow spell. The Gobblers being disgusting trope has been beat to death so to speak and as such this spell is my least favorite.
      Last edited by Eric Stormbringer; 11-1-20 at 6:37:31 PM.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

Oxnhorse is offline Adept Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

From all the reports I have read so far, it seems like KI and the spell team are running out of ideas for the cards.

It would be awesome if we could combine some of the spells when attacking bosses at the end of the world we are in.
      @Sparck, is there any way that stuff like this could happen, and I was wondering if we could combine the sun enchantments from Tough to Epic or the Arrow sun enchantments, even if they were unlocked to do so to add extra damage for the Boss at the end of the World?

And if it was a full team, that damage could be dealt x4, if everyone had the sun enchantment spells up to Epic?

And I seem to remember that many people in the game including myself, were overjoyed that the 3rd Arc toyed with the idea of 7 time travel spells, but didn't happen.

As to the rest road testing the new material, thank you.

Oxnhorse

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast