----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Thank you for ruining critical

This is very true. Even my critical percent is 100% in live. While being on test it was not showing my percent at all. I thought this was an error so I reported as a possible bug. I was only criticaling half the time. It was explained to me, that the strength of our critical is going to be based on our school and your rating vs the enemies school and rating, so we are not going to criticaling every single round like we did in the other worlds.

However, I was still able to defeat the mobs within 2 rounds with or without critical. I guess the one thing that upsets me a bit, is I worked towards a certain type of stats and that is now getting reduce. It kind of stinks, honestly, but not end of the world. Either your going to except it or not, but bashing and complaining about it is not going to fix the issue.

Just adjust how you play. I had bug in my deck being even at 12% shadow pip chance, I would not get that shadow pip to show up compare to a player who had 9% chance who would get it to show up every single round, right away. Now, I never get it, so I just took out bugs and put something else in its place. All my wizards are using spells that are level 48 spells or below with sharpen.

Anyhow, I am late going into work. You all have a nice day!

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

DV8ONE is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      This is very true. Even my critical percent is 100% in live. While being on test it was not showing my percent at all. I thought this was an error so I reported as a possible bug. I was only criticaling half the time. It was explained to me, that the strength of our critical is going to be based on our school and your rating vs the enemies school and rating, so we are not going to criticaling every single round like we did in the other worlds.

However, I was still able to defeat the mobs within 2 rounds with or without critical. I guess the one thing that upsets me a bit, is I worked towards a certain type of stats and that is now getting reduce. It kind of stinks, honestly, but not end of the world. Either your going to except it or not, but bashing and complaining about it is not going to fix the issue.

Just adjust how you play. I had bug in my deck being even at 12% shadow pip chance, I would not get that shadow pip to show up compare to a player who had 9% chance who would get it to show up every single round, right away. Now, I never get it, so I just took out bugs and put something else in its place. All my wizards are using spells that are level 48 spells or below with sharpen.

Anyhow, I am late going into work. You all have a nice day!
      I agree. Like so many others, we have invested real money into both packs for gear and elixers to train pets This is real money spent to achieve stats and the gameplay experience they pushed us towards. If the critical is nerfed to any degree of the extent Im seeing in test. Combined with what appears to be the companies obvious attempts to push pack gear specificaly designed to increase critical. Only to within weeks of selling this very gear, turn around and nerf it. Followed by sentence 1 paragraph 3 of their opening statement describing their intent "we need to get players to continue to chase new gear". Seams to me to be a clear violation of good faith.

good faith

n. honest intent to act without taking an unfair advantage over another person or to fulfill a promise to act, even when some legal technicality is not fulfilled. The term is applied to all kinds of transactions.

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      Exactly they are hiding the truth and this is a slight of hand. I know I will crit 100% of the time as a fact.

This is deception by KI 100%. I don't care to know I'm going to land a critical hit. Share real data. I'd rather Critical and know it was blocked, than this new nonsense. Change the formula so the higher the Critical Vs weak Block changes success rate. I want to know I critical and know I'm 100%.

More truth and transparency.

KI are lying to cover the truth.

Also critical mean doubling hit or heal. Tell the truth and confirm. You want to change PVP, I don't care. Critical has meant double since Celestia, hit or heal. I want to have a massive refund in dollars, not crowns if you want to change anything. Everyone spent soooooooooooooo much real money, based on what these critical wands do. I bought bundles for other wizards to guarantee additional critical wands . I want my cash back not crowns. honor your agreements!

I mean even selling these items today is even more dishonest and fraudulent.

Whether you actually believe in the changes or not should see how fundamentally wrong this is. KI sold these items to make money and players bought in good faith, they made so much money off these wands.

You know if you want to slow the power curve let's nerf Dragoon's gear and all Empyrea gear. Nobody paid a cent for them. lower the damage kings and queens. you talked of being over powered in KI Live and I paraphrase It doesn't matter if PVE is overpowered. PVP needs leveling to be competitive.

Simple change spells on PVP only, nerf and ban crown gear for PVP only, ban all TC and pets. KI won't because PVP players don't really want a level playing field and would quit. PVP players will never be happy. There's a reason why people talk about the first or second age of PVP, it was fairer and mostly it was not pay to win. The only issue was facing much higher levels, without spells to match, with most not having high rank TC, way above their level.
      100% is only your character chance to critical without any other number which is practically worthless now. Sure you could in theory critical 100% of the time with no bar but what good is it if someone has high block or a mob. They can be criticaled but not 2x each and every time. Or There high block reduce your critical to 70%. Kingsisle made it clear there not wanting wizards to 2x every single time so you best to believe that your never going to do 2x consistently anymore. It be random when you do now.

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

YIKES!

One word for all this - breathe...

This is TEST after all.

I understand that folks are very passionate about their game and know that many here have put tons of time / effort / money into creating their ideal sets, but how boring would it be if there weren't new challenges along with every world? And after all - it's not something affecting just YOU - it's everyone! We're all getting the same nerf so, like @Bailey Jade did, adjust! The enemy can get only so strong, or cheat so much, before the community rages about how ridiculous things are, so KI is making other adjustments to keep this game challenging. I've said it elsewhere that the tendency today is for folks want to have the best NOW, to defeat everything IMMEDIATELY but such instant gratification is terrible on many levels. So many were outraged when the Shadow Pips were changed and many of the really good spells were nerfed not long ago, but we all learned to deal with it, no?

And so it goes again. Change is INEVITABLE. Challenges are GOOD.

I think it's important to give KI feedback - Lord knows they've made a hash of a few things recently - but I doubt very much that demanding things or hurling hyperbolic accusations about are going to accomplish anything.

And just breathe a little bit more - we'll be fine.

Casp

DV8ONE is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      YIKES!

This is TEST after all.

I understand that folks are very passionate about their game and know that many here have put tons of time / effort / money into creating their ideal sets, but how boring would it be if there weren't new challenges along with every world? And after all - it's not something affecting just YOU - it's everyone! We're all getting the same nerf so, like @Bailey Jade did, adjust! The enemy can get only so strong, or cheat so much, before the community rages about how ridiculous things are, so KI is making other adjustments to keep this game challenging. I've said it elsewhere that the tendency today is for folks want to have the best NOW, to defeat everything IMMEDIATELY but such instant gratification is terrible on many levels. So many were outraged when the Shadow Pips were changed and many of the really good spells were nerfed not long ago, but we all learned to deal with it, no?

I think it's important to give KI feedback - Lord knows they've made a hash of a few things recently - but I doubt very much that demanding things or hurling hyperbolic accusations about are going to accomplish anything.

Casp
      I do appreciate your post.

But I also remember very clearly similer nerfs imposed by KI in years past. Anyone remember that day 5 or 6 years ago when you finaly got your complete set of Hades gear and spent that $50 on packs to get your guitar. Allowing you to once and for all 1 hit Halfang 100% of the time? Well they nerfed that.

Here we are 40 levels later, hundreds upon hundreds of dollars spent on wands, pack gear. Pets with the promise of set bonuses etc. And youre telling me we are all the way back to my max balance with over 150 damage and 100% critical, now needs a bladed nova to kill a grizzlehiem boss? Because that is exactly what this nerf in its current state will do.

Yes Ill try to give them the benefit of the doubt. But if left as is, I also want the devs to know it will be my wallet being nerfed if this is how it remains.

unicorngirl is offline Apprentice Wizard

• unicorngirl's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Deirdre Willowtail
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

YIKES!

This is TEST after all.

Casp

i see what you're saying, and agree to an extent. we will see what it really is in live, but in test i used my ice, who admittedly doesn't have near 100% critical, but when i crit in live using an unbladed reindeer knight it's an initial hit of 1800+ (against an enemy that doesn't resist or boost). in test i was lucky to get 1000 if i crit, if they don't block. yes, they have said they are rebalancing, yes they have said they want to go back to more school difference. but i have to be able to actually play on each school, it has to actually be possible.

as for adjusting to the previous shadow pip and high level spell changes from earlier this year, yes we have all adjusted. but that adjustment is dropping darkmoor shadow spells and a few others. they just aren't useful anymore. when the nerfing makes people walk completely away from some of their spells, it may have been a little too far.

if they don't show us some sort of stat percent for critical, we will never know if we've done all we can to get where we need to be to critical as often as possible. it's tough to tell us that the crit frequency and value will change depending upon the stats of whoever we fight, when we have no way of seeing the stats of enemies. at least PVPers get to look at their opponents stats since they are also wizards. (is that only after the fact? i don't PVP so have no idea). from what i saw in test just in mob fights, they have huge block. yes, their health isn't high, yes partnered with my guy on his life we still made good time, but our hits were so small compared to what we expected. blades are a necessity now, always. with mobs i have enjoyed the one round a done game play i've gotten used to, no matter what school i'm playing on. i know this is gone now, but some of the nerfing feels excessive.

AstralFrost is offline Apprentice Wizard

• AstralFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Redstaff, Rogan Owlfist, Karic Sprite
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Armored Skeleton

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Wow! It seems that in recent years every test realm comes with its excitement and a full load full of controversy and upset...

While I personally have not done my own testing of the critical system, I can see how some might find it upsetting. I as well spent my own cash to go for the guitar wands and other critical pieces that make up the "ideal set". While the disappearance of percentages is frustrating I think the key to keep people happy is to make sure that the gear that all of us have grinded our time, effort and money, keeps their value. Aka, the nerf may need to be pulled back a bit.

Folks also need to keep in mind that this is not the first time that KI is trying to change the critical system. Back with the introduction of pip conversion I believe the goal was to create a competing stat to undermine the critical system, but I may be wrong. That stat pretty much did not change anything and now it seems like KI is on round two. I don't necessarily completely hate this change. As @Caspeen said, new challenges feed the game and make it different. HOWEVER, the developers might need to zoom out and re-evaluate the balance between challenge and and ruining a mechanic. After the spring update, many saw the pet update as the final nail on the coffin and everyone went crazy, however, people are still making great pets and that aspect of the game has not slowed.

While I do not think that they have ruined critical, I think that as players we need to ADAPT to the new situation and KI might need to ADAPT and meet the players half way to come to a common consensus.

Jonathan Greenflame is offline Master Wizard

• Jonathan Greenflame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan Greenflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Confused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

While I can't really add anything new, I think that KI should at least show the percentage of our critical gear keeping in mind that this percentage would be against a character with 0 resist of any kind. That way we would at least be able to get a feel for how we are doing in rebuilding our gear setups.

Lady Cat is online now Prodigious

• Lady Cat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie Shadowstalker ,Stephanie Legendweaver ,Stephanie Spiritsinger,Stephen Dragondreamer and 6
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luna
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Black Cat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

YIKES!

This is TEST after all.

Casp
      Agreed! @Sparck I like this new world a lot .Breath in, Breath out, and keep calm . Lady cat says meow
      <a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic506_7.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...igpic506_7.gif</a>

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I would like to share an update. While playing in test last night, Thursday. I hit critical 100% of the time, but my pips where acting up. So at this point, I am not sure in which way it will go tonight as I play. If the devs tweak things already or not, I am not sure, but I will keep you all posted

As for all the changes. @DV8ONE I was going to tag you being your a long time player who have recently returned to the game. You did make a few perditions in the past and I do believe they were to be true. Believe me when I say I totally get it and I will not be happy if I have to changes things once again. From my understanding, they are trying to separate nerfs from pvp and pve If this is the case I am willing to wait things out and try to keep an open mind. It would be very nice if the devs can separate things between pvp and pve

Happy Halloween
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 10-30-20 at 2:26:28 PM.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast