----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Begins!

I'd suggest that for the timer issue with dots and animation a simple solution would be to.. fasten animations!

for example, have all DoT and HoT trigger at once rather than one by one, by setting their animation time to 0. They would still be consecutive, but appear as a continuous set of overlapped numbers (that we won't be able to read, but fine, let's do the maths!)

Other animations could be set to 2X speed.

AND,

Add 2 minutes to the first timer.

I know that some bosses, like the balance one, rely on time to win rather than hits, and i'm fine with that since he uses shields for it.

But try to remember that we aren't in a game where people want to race - W101, not F1! for it to be friendly it must be less stressly..

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Day 4 for me was a pretty good day as I found myself on a few different teams that "got it". Out of about 20 matches, won 9 and made it past the 1st stage every time. Ordinarily this would be GREAT news except that of the 9 wins, I got credit for only 3 of them.

As to a lot of the ideas about nerfing this event - adjusting DoT and HoT animations and adding time - I can see why KI would be reluctant to make this event easier. There is a natural "community intelligence" that improves not just as the 8 days of each Mayhem event progress but from event to event. During the first event, for example, the first few days were a disaster and making it to the second stage was rare, but by day 7 and 8, most matches made it past stage one and a few wins started to happen. The next time the event happened, the first few days were a mess once again, but the second stage started to be more common already on days two and three and wins around day number 4. This event I feel like most folks have at least a few friends to group up with and, for the most part, people are familiar with the event from the get go. Yes, still a lot of first timers, and yes, games still don't make it past the first stage, but I feel like for most people games were going to the second stage almost straight away and players started to win soon after the start.

I mention this because as this event keeps coming back, not only will players have better forms to play with but the community intelligence will continue to grow to the point where I do feel like making it to the second stage will be routine and wins won't be crazy rare anymore. With that potential, why would KI nerf the game today only for people to lose interest in the future? I feel like there's a tendency to believe that the reward must be NOW and success should be NOW but I think for the health of the game, there needs to be a challenge. Build up your form(s), learn strategies - success WILL come.

That said, pausing the animation of the bonus cards for the Spiral is a no-brainer - yes, it could make it weird for any mob fight still in progress, but the spiral fight is THE fight. Also, as others have said, it would be great of death of the last monster ended the fight instantly - finishing out the animation, whether of a mob fight or the spiral fight, is unnecessary and has cost folks a ton of wins.

Aside from those two suggestions, not a huge fan of nerfing this event too much.

Oh, and of course, give credit to EVERYONE for the win!!!! That some do and some don't just adds to the stress of the event and can lead to some very contentious situations. In one fight I was in, a player in the spiral had died but refused to flee the circle because he wanted to at the spiral if we had won. We did end up winning, but it was touch and go and had he fled it would have been a sure thing. It very easily could have gone the other way in which case his selfishness would have cost everyone else a victory. (Hearing now that being dead in the spiral might not give credit for a wins makes me think he was selfish for naught, but still, that scenario should never exist) You play as a TEAM so you should win as a TEAM.

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 10-24-20 at 4:24:12 PM.

BaronvonWolf is offline Adept Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

ok so i thought if you lost a form on rnd 1 you get it back on rnd 3 which i did get it back (but this was back in TestR) but it turns out you can have it back if you lost 2 froms after it
      so i when wolf>rat>krok>wolf fire is just anti fun
      140 Wolf soulstalker 130 Valkoor wild ​130 Valkoor Myth​ 140 Valkoor 133 Alex nightshade

Happy Fun Ball is offline Grandmaster Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I just love getting hit with a 12 hour timer just because you get disconnected during a game. It's just so much fun.

RedValkyre99 is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      That said, pausing the animation of the bonus cards for the Spiral is a no-brainer - yes, it could make it weird for any mob fight still in progress, but the spiral fight is THE fight.
      It occurred to me that, rather than pause the timer, a time boost equivalent to the animation time could be granted along with the cards that were won. It would work like the time clam already does. Seems like an easy solution.

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I have a few wizards who are just a match or two away from the lunari or moongold dust rewards, so I'll top them off. But then I think I won't be playing this event anymore. At least, not until they listen to all our complaints and fix it. As long as we we complain but go on playing, why would KI have any incentive to fix anything. Starting with the horrible mess of a spring update, this has not been a good year for their game developers, or marketing team. Time for an old-fashioned boycott until they start listening to player feedback and put out a quality product.

Some of the reasons I have come to this decision:

-The timer. I think enough has been said already about this, I shouldn't have to say more. But one example: Yesterday, I was at the spiral and saw the final boss die. With 3 seconds still on the timer. We Lost because of subsequent animations that ran out the clock.

-As hard as it is to win with random teamups, not getting credit when we actually do win. I've won 3 or 4 matches this time. Didn't get credit, or rewards, for any of them. Not even for the one when I was in the spiral for the final battle for (see previous post)

-I absolutely hate that squid spell that does 150 damage/100 weakness for 0 pip casting cost.

-I'm tired of players who don't know how to play, and they never will because they don't have text chat that would allow other players to give them advice speaking from experience.

-I'm tired of getting stuck in handicap matches because players lose connection.

I have other complaints about the way other players act/play, but I can't blame KI for those. But they do add to the dissatisfaction with the event, and lead me to the 'why should I put up with it anymore when the game isn't worth it' attitude.

-But when I make a complaint to KI about obnoxious players, their very helpful suggestion is to 'avoid them by changing realms.'

If the next world they release is as buggy as the spring update, or as player-torturing as the mayhem event, I may quit playing altogether.

RedValkyre99 is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      Time for an old-fashioned boycott until they start listening to player feedback and put out a quality product.
      I agree with all your points; unfortunately I am too addicted to boycott. Even after my streak of six consecutive matches yesterday where we had one or more players drop. I was really depressed but then @Caspeen came online and reminded me of how fun this event can be with players that know how to play. Even a core of three good players goes a long way (side note - man is it hard to recruit people to join your group). With good players, I'm always learning and improving my game, exploring combos and strategies, with bad teams I've been forced to grind my teeth and stay quiet since my attempts at sharing my hard earned wisdom have often been spurned as "bossing" and "belittling". My advice is come play in a group with us... I'll send you, and/or anyone else frustrated on here with the random queue, a TFC for my main wiz and know you are always welcome to hit me up for a game when I'm on.
      Last edited by RedValkyre99; 10-25-20 at 6:42:36 PM.

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I know I said I'd boycott, but I also said I had a couple of wizards who needed one more match to get the lunari reward. Boy, what a finale:

We were down a wizard who went missing at the very start. And so I did my best with my level 3 myth rat and:
      -Won my initial battle,
      -Joined another battle and helped win it, noticed that the third battle was still going on so I...
      -Joined that battle and helped win it. When 3 of the others started the spiral...
      -Got them the big blade boost, then joined the spiral and
      -Got the kill shot on the boss with 11 seconds on the timer.

Stats for first wave:

In the second wave I:
      -Won my initial battle,
      -Picked up the time clam on my way to second battle,
      -Won second battle,
      -Won third battle,
      -Got phalanx for spiral with 11 seconds on timer.

Final stats for the match:

Of course, when I say "I," the other players helped a lot too. Cyclops in particular shadowed me in the ring battles.

Edit:

On the other hand, the other wizard who needed one more match just proved my point. We were doing the wave 2 spiral, the ring was full, and our life draconian just sat and watched us. We were screaming at him to go help get boosts, but he never went. Not because he was ignoring us, but because he did not have chat and couldn't hear us. And he's going to do the same thing next time, and every time after that, because he can't hear anyone trying to teach him better tactics.

Edit 2:

By the way, wasn't even close to my Mayhem High Score (and no, it had nothing to do with the level up glitch)

Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 10-26-20 at 3:35:06 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123