Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparck View Post
      Could someone put together a quicklist of what you expected that wasn't fixed. I'll send it to the team to review. We may just need another cycle to resolve some of these things.

Thanks!
      Sparck,

It appears nothing was fixed from any previous lists put together. Here are the old threads, most of the posts are suggestions instead of bugs/glitches.....but none of the bug/glitches identified appear to be fixed:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/hals...b85265c?page=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/even...a1049ca?page=1

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...Test-Realm-7-6

Other social media outlets identifying bugs. The tweet about the game ending with 2:47 left is not the only one, other players reported MM games even ending with 7:00 still left on the timer. The videos address the bugs too but also have various suggestions (almost all suggestions are addressing the difficulty/lack of time):

Name:  MMendsearly.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  53.8 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images   
      Last edited by Kingurz; 10-21-20 at 10:43:46 PM.

BaronvonWolf is offline Adept Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

a few problems with meleager
      moondust quits dropping after you turn in the quest
      NO DROPS ON WAVE 3 so most ppl give up trying to win this wave
      spiral battle only rewards you so most ppl fight to get in
      130 Wolf soulstalker 130 Valkoor wild ​130 Valkoor Myth​ 130 Valkoor 130 Alex nightshade

Happy Fun Ball is online now Grandmaster Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

You also don't get any badge progression if you're outside when you win. First time we won, I was outside in the blade battle and I got no drops. Annoying, but expected. But I looked and I saw "0/1 Monster Mayhem Events". The next time we won, I was inside and I got the drops and the Magnificent Mayhemist badge, which I should have gotten the first time.

Also, a bit of advice: never use a self damaging spell (Hasten Death) in the spiral battle. I chose it to use on the storm wolf and not five seconds later the 250 blade came up. I was down to 25 health and fully expecting the next round to be the last, but I somehow survived the battle and finished it with full health.

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      I went over the other Mayhem threads to make sure I got everything, but I might've still missed something.

• Spiral fights reward only the players at the Spiral, and not the entire team. This means that the players in outer rings giving bonuses to Spiral don't get rewarded for doing so. Selfish players may avoid joining Spiral fights at the beginning so they won't die and have to flee and be replaced. Like, there's avoiding the start of a Spiral fight for strategic reasons, but this is from players being selfish. You still get rewards from finishing the match, but not the extra rewards from winning Spiral if you aren't part of the winning team when the battle finishes.
      • Meleager quest doesn't work. Players who win can't turn in the quest.
      • Meleager is also yellow; text-chatters can't say his name.
      • Is there a way for the game to pick up on when a player leaves Beastmoon games and queues on purpose rather than being disconnected? I have a friend (SteMoGsteL, you know him) who keeps getting disconnected and then the game punishes him for it by putting him on a timer. He's really annoyed by this.
      • Ghost pips are back. Much more rare than before thankfully, but they still are out there sometimes. I myself don't get them though, so I can't say more about them.

Not bugs but stuff that I think could be fixed:

• Bases are hard to identify while enemies are on them and not in combat. The enemy icons block out the base icon.
      • Hadn't been mentioned on this thread yet but the time limit works very poorly when combined with DoTs and spell animations. Fire enemies who stack DoTs will waste a bunch of time. Sometimes it is a bad idea to take an outer ring to help Spiral because of how much time it takes. Maybe pause the timer for certain things like DoT damages and cheat-casts on Spiral?
      • Also time-related, but 10 minutes is too short for Wave 1. I remember the first week of this event where many people were unable to get past the first wave, and then stopped playing because they felt like the event was too hardcore for them. Making the first wave much more lenient with time would help players actually believe they have a chance and can get better at this event.
      • Actually, I think the time limit should just be removed altogether. It's makes what would be a fun event stressful since you are encouraged to be fast with everything you do. Start fights fast. Pick cards fast. Fast fast fast. It heavily favors offensive forms and strategies over defensive ones. It also goes against the glacial pace of this game (It may sound like I say this in a condescending way, but I actually like this game's slow pace ). The condition for losing could be changed to something else, like when players run out of Beastforms to pick from or a 3-strike system for bosses.
      • This would probably be really tough but maybe work on the enemy's AI so they target players strategically instead of the ones directly across from them? It will alleviate the need to give enemies overpowered spells like the Storm Squid's 0-pip attack that does 150 damage and places a -100 Weakness, or the Fire spell that's a Bat AoE for 225/3 round damage with a -50% accuracy smokescreen for 3 pips.
      Brilliant post - what he said.

Only, I'd make one wee change - I'd put the entire first point about not getting credit IN ALL CAPS! That someone can contribute to the team win - have the most captures, the most kills, and capture the bonus TC to secure the win - only to be then be cheated out of
      and official win which, for some, can be super hard to come by....so wrong. In an event that is stressful enough with the time element always hanging over our heads, the last thing we need is the "gamesmanship" that can come about as folks desperately try to be in the final battle.

That this was around since the very first Mayhem event in August, and still around the second time, and then STILL around this time just adds to the frustration and in my mind merits the emphasis of all caps.

And one more suggestion to make. @Torpzun26 references the Pause Timer idea of DOT attacks. While I would love this I do see this as part of the game and pausing for DOT seems like it would be really difficult do. However, pausing the timer when the cards that are earned from the mob fights are manifested DOES seem doable and would be awesome. Earning these cards are meant to be a reward to your team but I've been in many a fight where the difference between winning and losing was the time it took for the animation from these cards.

Oh, last thing - on the time issue it would be great if the timer stopped when the boss dies, NOT when the animation finishes.

Casp

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I agree that something has to be done about the timer. I was just in a battle where the player in the first slot finished off the boss, but almost a minute ran off the clock while the other 3 wizards took damage from the spammed DOTs the boss had put on us before dying plus the animation from the blade one wizard cast on himself.

The problem I forsee has to do with multiple battles going on at the same time. If they pause the timer because of what happens in battle 1, what happens with battle 2? Their timer would have to pause also in order to keep every one in sync yet they would continue fighting.

I also think that something needs to be done about spells with a long animation. For example, I refuse to bother with the fire giant boost. The animation is just too long, and we lose even more time because the damage is DOT. Not worth the time it uses up.

The Dragoness is offline Archmage Wizard

• The Dragoness's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Maria DarkBlood/Moonthief/Sunthief/Silver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Angel/Milo/Bubba/Bosco
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  All sweethearts

Mood:
      Devilish

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Possible known issue, but I can't get a match on one wizard (possibly entire account, haven't checked) for anything, even sitting in the queue for quite a while, whereas my alt account got a match in about 20 seconds.

~Maria Darkblood~Silver~Moonthief~Sunthief~

Happy Fun Ball is online now Grandmaster Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      I agree that something has to be done about the timer. I was just in a battle where the player in the first slot finished off the boss, but almost a minute ran off the clock while the other 3 wizards took damage from the spammed DOTs the boss had put on us before dying plus the animation from the blade one wizard cast on himself.

The problem I forsee has to do with multiple battles going on at the same time. If they pause the timer because of what happens in battle 1, what happens with battle 2? Their timer would have to pause also in order to keep every one in sync yet they would continue fighting.

I also think that something needs to be done about spells with a long animation. For example, I refuse to bother with the fire giant boost. The animation is just too long, and we lose even more time because the damage is DOT. Not worth the time it uses up.

Another problem is when a wave ends, sometimes it doesn't move to the next one right away. This is because sometimes another battle is going on and we all have to wait for that round to end, and if that round just started, it could take a while with all of those damage and heal over time and spell animations that end up hitting an empty spot. All the while, the clock continues to tick down from the time we get from defeating the previous wave.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Fun Ball View Post
      Another problem is when a wave ends, sometimes it doesn't move to the next one right away. This is because sometimes another battle is going on and we all have to wait for that round to end, and if that round just started, it could take a while with all of those damage and heal over time and spell animations that end up hitting an empty spot. All the while, the clock continues to tick down from the time we get from defeating the previous wave.
      Yes, and one more thing - I was just in such a battle, and after waiting for all those animations, we didn't get credit for capturing the ring. The boss had died and we were just going through the animations when the spiral battle ended. If we have to sit through the animations, we should get credit for the capture.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So this just happened:

We won the match. I was in the spiral for the entire final battle. But I died the turn before we killed the boss.

You guessed it: 0 of 1 mayhem events, and no badge.

Every other battle, if you've been dead less than 3 rounds, you don't really die, you stay alive at 1 health. Every other dungeon, you still get the rewards. I didn't.

When is KI going to fix their shoddy product? That's at least the 4th time I've been cheated out of the badge! If it weren't for the lunari, and sometimes being able to craft a gold idol, I'd just skip this event. As hard as it is to win this event, and not being able to claim the rewards/badges is unacceptable!!!
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 10-23-20 at 11:56:31 PM.

RedValkyre99 is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Could someone check my KI account and see if the "Only Place in Poor Beastmoon Teams" flag is accidently set? The pool seems endless...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast