• PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • View Poll Results: Is wizard101 on the verge of another golden age?

Voters
    36. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes! I feel it!

10 27.78%
    • No! Keep dreaming...

26 72.22%
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
        ss2775 is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Amazed2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: The RISE of wizard101...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
      Take what I write with some caution, because I'm no definitive source on this type of knowledge, but:

Ratbeard appears to have joined the KI team sometime at the beginning of Pirate101 (i.e. he was likely specifically hired to make the combat systems for Pirate101). At some point between 2017 and 2019, he was moved over to the mobile games division....and I have no idea what he did during that timeframe. He briefly returned to Pirate101 in 2019 to fix some bugs/issues, but has been with Wizard101 since about May of 2019. He's first task was creating the Deckathalon event and working Beastmoon. Below is the KI video that introduced Ratbeard to the Wizard101 team:

Sooo, I'm not sure how much of an og he is but regardless, he is a king.
      hes so knowledgeable and really understands key issues with the game that i thought he must have been there for a ton of years lol

all hail ratbeard and mattnetic and the other dev/helpers they have who we dont get to see

"I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war."

Dylan Windwalker is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life) Scot WaterWielder (Ice)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      For KI to eclipse the previous Golden Age of Wizard101, they would have to overcome the popularity of the first arc when it first came out in 2008-2009; and out do themselves with the Astral schools Arc of Celestia-Arcanum and the reunion of Spider and Raven at the end of Empyrea.

The Arcanum Scholars have yet to resolve their issues with the Cabal splinter groups, as well as resolve the Forbidden Wing of the Arcanum; much less find the base of operations for the Cabal.

I loved the story lines of all 3 arcs, but I'd like to see levels go up more than 10 levels at a time.

Radiance Reborn dealt with the issue of how Morganthe became the 2nd arc villain during our second battle as Morganthe, followed by the desecration of Malistaire to destroy Azteca, where we dealt with Malistaire, once and for all in Darkmoor.

And midway through The Hive of Khrysalis, we unleash Spider from his prison and deal with Rat, Scorpion and Spider by the end of Empyrea in Arc 3 with Spider and Raven reunited and unwilling to be involved with the Spiral any longer.

I am constantly somewhat amazed at how KI manages to create new storylines, that add to the current content, but I am getting tired of having only ten new levels and maxing out my wiz halfway through the new content and losing out on experience.

I miss the days when the entire world came out at once, not piece meal; but it could possibly start a timing when Karamelle and other worlds of Arc 4, might have 3 parts to it instead of 2.

Oxnhorse
      I just wanna join the Cabal, turn to the dark side of the spiral!! Where are the recruitment fliers??

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

For KI to eclipse the previous Golden Age of Wizard101, they would have to overcome the popularity of the first arc when it first came out in 2008-2009; and out do themselves with the Astral schools Arc of Celestia-Arcanum and the reunion of Spider and Raven at the end of Empyrea.

The Arcanum Scholars have yet to resolve their issues with the Cabal splinter groups, as well as resolve the Forbidden Wing of the Arcanum; much less find the base of operations for the Cabal.

I loved the story lines of all 3 arcs, but I'd like to see levels go up more than 10 levels at a time.

Radiance Reborn dealt with the issue of how Morganthe became the 2nd arc villain during our second battle as Morganthe, followed by the desecration of Malistaire to destroy Azteca, where we dealt with Malistaire, once and for all in Darkmoor.

And midway through The Hive of Khrysalis, we unleash Spider from his prison and deal with Rat, Scorpion and Spider by the end of Empyrea in Arc 3 with Spider and Raven reunited and unwilling to be involved with the Spiral any longer.

I am constantly somewhat amazed at how KI manages to create new storylines, that add to the current content, but I am getting tired of having only ten new levels and maxing out my wiz halfway through the new content and losing out on experience.

I miss the days when the entire world came out at once, not piece meal; but it could possibly start a timing when Karamelle and other worlds of Arc 4, might have 3 parts to it instead of 2.

Oxnhorse
      I can't address the leveling experience or the releasing worlds in parts, but the storyline is going to get even better. Blind Mew (also from Pirate101) is now fully on the Wizard101 team. The guy is one of the best story tellers/writer in video games. I have a feeling Karamelle is going to set the stage for an epic 4th arc. Of course Mike Sears is still on the writing team, so there will be plenty of puns and funny jokes along the way.
      Last edited by Kingurz; 10-16-20 at 9:59:45 PM.

masterofcatastrophe is offline Legendary Wizard

• masterofcatastrophe's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Isaac
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Old Sparky

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Oxnhorse
      I think karamelle will be a full world this time.

Eclipse summon: a dragon whose wings span the skies; golden sun
      bored? want a "wizardly" change? support my thread!
      SUPPORT MY THREAD TO CHANGE GAZE OF FATE!

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life) Scot WaterWielder (Ice)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by masterofcatastrophe View Post
      I think karamelle will be a full world this time.
      I really the new world leans towards the side of difficulty considering the new changes to critical and block. Not so difficult that I will probably die within the first few times of a boss fight or die at all during a mob fight, but not so easy that I could still one shot mobs with Chimera/Sandstorm/Spinysaur on the first turn and bosses have <10,000 health still. We need Goldilocks lol hopefully they could do this the first time and perhaps that could get a little more players back to the groove

Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Oxnhorse is offline Adept Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
      I can't address the leveling experience or the releasing worlds in parts, but the storyline is going to get even better. Blind Mew (also from Pirate101) is now fully on the Wizard101 team. The guy is one of the best story tellers/writer in video games. I have a feeling Karamelle is going to set the stage for an epic 4th arc. Of course Mike Sears is still on the writing team, so there will be plenty of puns and funny jokes along the way.
      i have noticed that KI is about occasionally tying up loose ends, and the biggest one at the moment is the Forbidden Wing, the Cabal and the swamie that we reported to near the door of Mirage, not Birdie.

Everything I mentioned, contributed to the richness Sparck and company have added so far; and for KI to have another Golden Age; they must out do themselves with something on a grand scale that would really blow most of us away with a totally awesome reveal with Karamelle.

Another response mentioned about their hope Karamelle is influenced with the new crit/block stat changes, yet I have issues understanding why my shadow score fluctuates from high to low and have no idea why it even moves in the game.

Oxnhorse

luvs2sleepalot is offline Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Sleepy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Personally I think its a travesty what KI has done to Pirate Players. They lose all the original Wiz Creators and Poach from the Pirate Story. A totally Unfinished story. For Shame
      I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. ~ Milton Berle

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs up Re: The RISE of wizard101...?

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post
      Personally I think its a travesty what KI has done to Pirate Players. They lose all the original Wiz Creators and Poach from the Pirate Story. A totally Unfinished story. For Shame
      Agreed. Wizard101's story was wrapped up all nice and neat with a pretty bow on top at the end of the 3rd Arc, but Pirates are left without a conclusive ending to their game... I would have loved to see us finally reach El Dorado on my Privateer, but alas- it is not meant to be. It is a true travesty!

I fear that Wizard101 will morph into The Legend of Korra- where they only planned for one beautifully written season, but due to popular demand pumped out three more that were all unconnected, separate, and bland (Oh look, a big bad! Oh no, an even bigger baddy! Ack! Another, even bigger and badder baddy than before!). That's not to say that seasons 2-4 of Korra were bad, nor that Karamelle is poorly written.. Rather, this content is not comparable to what precedes it, and that KingsIsle should pump resources into finishing Pirate101 (A game with a good, straightforward plotline) first.

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 11-23-20 at 11:05:53 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Honestly I don't think highly of any of the Wizard101 villains or their storylines, it's interesting sure but no way does it paint a good of a villain as Amon, Zaheer, and Kuvira (Unalaq can sit it a corner by himself lol). I think the story of the Legend of Korra (up until Korra killing off all the previous avatars) was going uphill in her progression as a character but honestly the villains of Wiz have always been a straight line of somewhat cheesy but not yet influential... Idk, Professor Mali was an ok anti-villain (i don't personally relate to him since I don't know what drove the guy "romance" thing, but I see the appeal), Morganthe was pretty forgetable, and Grandpa Cobbbbbb was just a misunderstanding? Yeah they're not very comparable..................

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2sleepalot View Post
      I have to agree that abandoning Pirate101 to the dreadful "The End?" and never going back has been very sad. I want to believe that the MMO team had good intentions a few years ago and were honestly going to go back to it when they were pulled over to Wizard.

Wizard101's nearly complete overhaul has become such a black hole for all of the MMO team's efforts, Pirate101 had no chance.

Oh, what might have been!

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast