Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Upcoming Critical and Block changes

Quote Originally Posted by DV8ONE View Post
      I think the first sentence of paragraph 3 sums it up " players wont chase new gear " Feel like a mouse on a wheel anyone? What scares me is the lack of any mention to fix what is becoming the real issue, the basic math of the game. To me, the game is approaching a level that it is no longer playable.

A recent fight with a boss in empyrea is a good example of this. While questing on my death, I encountered a fire boss with 2 storm elite minions. Knowing I need 2 blades to at least kill the minions with crow. That is exactly what I did. Turn 1 blade, turn 2 blade. The issue starts as turn 3 begins.

First the boss stuns me. So now a fire boss has trained stun? Thats fine though I'll hit next round right? Wrong! Storm 1 removes blades, storm 2 uses lord removing the stun shield. No worries, ill hit round 4. Nope, the boss hits with bull followed by storm hitting with catalain. So a stacked choke is now on me. No worries, ill hit round 5 right? Nope! Here comes another stun followed by catalain which I cant even remove until the next turn.

Now keep in mind this fire boss all the while gets 2 turns every round " bad heads" casting cheat critical scalds and volcano's. So you're telling me the game is now at a point where keeping track of what pip count a boss has really means absolutely nothing when trying to guage your surviveable next play? We need to google every fight now because the cheats are that out of control? And their entire focus is on critical?

It's a nice example. I have three questions about it:

did you use stun-preventing gear?
      did you have shields in your deck?
      did you think about removing enemies one at time? If it was possible, that is.

not criticizing. That's just how I prepare for these situations. Interested to know if it was part of the equation, there.

Eric Stormbringer is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DV8ONE View Post
      I think the first sentence of paragraph 3 sums it up " players wont chase new gear " Feel like a mouse on a wheel anyone? What scares me is the lack of any mention to fix what is becoming the real issue, the basic math of the game. To me, the game is approaching a level that it is no longer playable.

A recent fight with a boss in empyrea is a good example of this. While questing on my death, I encountered a fire boss with 2 storm elite minions. Knowing I need 2 blades to at least kill the minions with crow. That is exactly what I did. Turn 1 blade, turn 2 blade. The issue starts as turn 3 begins.

First the boss stuns me. So now a fire boss has trained stun? Thats fine though I'll hit next round right? Wrong! Storm 1 removes blades, storm 2 uses lord removing the stun shield. No worries, ill hit round 4. Nope, the boss hits with bull followed by storm hitting with catalain. So a stacked choke is now on me. No worries, ill hit round 5 right? Nope! Here comes another stun followed by catalain which I cant even remove until the next turn.

Now keep in mind this fire boss all the while gets 2 turns every round " bad heads" casting cheat critical scalds and volcano's. So you're telling me the game is now at a point where keeping track of what pip count a boss has really means absolutely nothing when trying to guage your surviveable next play? We need to google every fight now because the cheats are that out of control? And their entire focus is on critical?
      All the stats are due for an audit according to the Devs. Right now critical and block are on the table but we know resist, damage, pierce, accuracy and power pips are also set to be evaluated in the future.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

DV8ONE is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      It's a nice example. I have three questions about it:

did you use stun-preventing gear?
      did you have shields in your deck?
      did you think about removing enemies one at time? If it was possible, that is.

not criticizing. That's just how I prepare for these situations. Interested to know if it was part of the equation, there.

Well no to all of the above. I loaded my balance from my second account. Equipped him with fire mastery. Took out the minions round 1 with deer knight/ sandstorm and quenched the boss. But thats not the point. Not every wizard can do that. I just dont think you should need to google every single boss

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stormbringer View Post
      All the stats are due for an audit according to the Devs. Right now critical and block are on the table but we know resist, damage, pierce, accuracy and power pips are also set to be evaluated in the future.
      Hmmmm Accuracy evaluations are needed? I would think 130-140 (maybe the levels lower like 110??) should be high enough that having 100% accuracy across all schools would be appropriate. What do you think will change with accuracy?? Should it be lowered so that level 130-140 players should be able to fizzle more often than they do with accuracy-weaknesses?? Idk, I just think that out of all the problems of damage-resist, maybe pierce, accuracy is the most fair and least relevant....

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Parcheesy00 is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      Hmmmm Accuracy evaluations are needed? I would think 130-140 (maybe the levels lower like 110??) should be high enough that having 100% accuracy across all schools would be appropriate. What do you think will change with accuracy?? Should it be lowered so that level 130-140 players should be able to fizzle more often than they do with accuracy-weaknesses?? Idk, I just think that out of all the problems of damage-resist, maybe pierce, accuracy is the most fair and least relevant....
      yeah idk about accuracy and pip chance. I feel like someone who's traveled to many worlds, saved the spiral countless times, and beaten numerous villains should be powerful enough to warrant at least not base-fizzling spells and getting fail pips.

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Lightbulb Re: Upcoming Critical and Block changes

Quote Originally Posted by Parcheesy00 View Post
      yeah idk about accuracy and pip chance. I feel like someone who's traveled to many worlds, saved the spiral countless times, and beaten numerous villains should be powerful enough to warrant at least not base-fizzling spells and getting fail pips.
      I can understand your point about how god tier Wizards shouldn't be fizzling spells, but consider this. Storm historically has the lowest accuracy to offset their highest damage, but nowadays we are seeing Storms with 45% accuracy buffs. The Storm Malistaire robe even gives the must accuracy compared to any other Mali robe, which makes zero sense- talk about maintaining balance and school identity!

But instead of adjusting our gears stats, I believe that KingsIsle should introduce a dynamic accuracy system that reduced your accuracy bonus for higher tier spells. For example, lets say you have an accuracy bonus of 50%. That bonus would be applied in full for Level 1-50 spells, but it would be cut down to 15% bonus applied to spells that are Levels 120-130! Think of it as a negative exponential function, similar to Critical Decay.

As it stands, we need more school identity in accuracy! This proposed system would address that issue, as the "applied accuracy decay" would be dependent on your school. And it makes sense too- you'll easily be able to control the measly "power" of a Frost Beetle, but have more difficulty calling Khrulhu to do your bidding.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

Eric Stormbringer is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I don't think they'll take us back to the days of fizzle and pip fail(I could be wrong though). Instead I think they will most likely make it beneficial to have over 100% accuracy and power pips.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

DV8ONE is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

To me this has become irrelivant. The level of rediculous cheats have created an arena where actual stats have become smoke and mirrors. What good is 100% accuracy anymore. Its now comon to get stackable choke/ stun combinations placed on you in round 1 of a basic mob fight. So before you even get a turn, you are stunned and in effect can have multiple chokes equaling -95% accuracy. This is a 2 turn loss at virtually no pip cost to the enemy.

Turn loss seems to be their entire focus. Its like fighting the fire lions in Savana all over again.

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

These audits are insane. It's clear all these changes past, present and future is 100% for PVP. I'm tired of KI lying and their lackeys that PVE needs "balancing". Split the game changes so it's fair for every school in PVP and stop ruining PVE players fun. Yes useable block would be useful in PVE but people have spent money and time farming to be able to critical 100% of the time.

Now to other future down grades:

Accuracy: from the start of my days playing my fires poor accuracy was a matter of life and death, costing me dearly so many times with a fizzle. I soon learned to improve accuracy any chance I got. Buying from the bazaar, crafting, farming for a crowns wand in mirror lake and making double accuracy fire pets. long before KH or Darkmoor I was fizzle free, barring a negative accuracy on me. It seems fitting that even without sacrificing stats like I did upto that point, at level 100 we don't fizzle under normal conditions. We improve stats and get stronger. Why should their be a future cap?

Pips: Getting 100% pips around the third arc also seems in line with being level 100+

Resist: Again it's action against jades in PVP reaching close to 100% universal or in some cases over that. Given the insane bosses we face in PVE this shouldn't be changed just to suit PVP. Ban Jade like gear in PVP or find a PVP nerf that solves this issue. This has no bearing on players questing or farming.

Damage: Same again, mess up PVP to make it fair and leave the rest of us alone.

Even with no changes with players having good gear and pets, me and my friend take a lot of punishment. You've wrecked almost all shadow spells to the point where level 48 spells are the go to spell, also most 7 pip or above spells(save a few improvements)are much weaker. Shrike and similar spells are far to risky to be viable most of the time because, yes shrike is too useful in PVP.

Simply just come up with a PVP leveler without spoiling the rest of us's fun. We get it PVP is your cash cow but many players don't do that aspect. In any case once you have ruined the PVE aspect in favour of PVP, you know what you'll do, you make pay to win items in packs and bundles, so it won't be fair any way.

Cosmos is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Cosmos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Colin Willowwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sea Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stormbringer View Post
      I don't think they'll take us back to the days of fizzle and pip fail(I could be wrong though). Instead I think they will most likely make it beneficial to have over 100% accuracy and power pips.
      That's an interesting idea. Maybe rework the system in such a way that overflow accuracy for a spell will be fed into pierce? They sort of established that connection already with Unstoppable and Extraordinary. Maybe a similar system for pip % and pip conversion? MAYBE??? HMMMMMMMMMMMM.

It's been a long day.
      Yet it cannot be called talent to slay fellow-citizens, to deceive friends, to be without faith, without mercy, without religion; such methods may gain empire, but not glory. - Machiavelli // I also write my own stuff ~

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast