Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Upcoming Critical and Block changes

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stormbringer View Post
      I think you misunderstand this change. From all indications- this change will lead to decay being removed- your critical and block will no longer decay as you level. However, since your critical and block is being compared to monster's critical and block- you will still be incentivized to go for higher crit and block lest you fall behind the monsters of the most recent worlds.
      TY so my 100% critical will NOT be 100% as of the last 30 levels, blessed well knew it.

Eric Stormbringer is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      TY so my 100% critical will NOT be 100% as of the last 30 levels, blessed well knew it.
      Most likely not- but that's what test realm feedback is for.

Name:  Limit function.PNG
Views: 120
Size:  46.9 KB

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Lol- I see you still think I'm KI. Anyhow, no one is "hiding the truth"- we won't know for sure what KI's function looks like until test. The conclusions we are drawing are based on what's been said in the Dev Diary.

Also- no one is trying to hide that 100% critical is likely now impossible. I said as much earlier:
      Eric, being KI doesn't mean direct employment. Blaze Life Hammer is like you(assuming you are not an actual KI employee, which I bet you are) paid to promote Wiz. BLH went renegade but is back under KI payroll, after a period of negotiation, while Blaze at that time was unlike him and critical of KI/game. He is a shill once more. You always come on side of KI changes like this, and while I am alone calling you out. Many members have noticed who are the ones, either working directly or through pay offs for KI.

Eric Stormbringer is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Eric, being KI doesn't mean direct employment. Blaze Life Hammer is like you(assuming you are not an actual KI employee, which I bet you are) paid to promote Wiz. BLH went renegade but is back under KI payroll, after a period of negotiation, while Blaze at that time was unlike him and critical of KI/game. He is a shill once more. You always come on side of KI changes like this, and while I am alone calling you out. Many members have noticed who are the ones, either working directly or through pay offs for KI.
      So...anyone who happens to agree with changes KI is making is either an employee or being paid by KI. Incredible. I understand that for you the world is black and white but that's far from the case. I disagree with KI on a number of issues- Storm's lack of a DoT, the insanely low acquisition rate of spellements, Troll spellement's impact on PvP, the cost distribution of blade/ward manipulations, the push to make Storm attacks deal a wider range of damage etc. However, when it comes to large systemic changes- I and many others have pointed out these issues for literally years. Of course I'm going to agree with KI when they address said issues.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Most likely not- but that's what test realm feedback is for.

Name:  Limit function.PNG
Views: 120
Size:  46.9 KB
      Makes me wonder what the Karamelle gear is likely to look like. I'm thinking the final boss battle of that world will probably drop gear with stats that are in between Vanguard and Dragoon gear because many players are still way too busy to craft Dragoon gear but don't want to feel to weak in comparison to players with the Dragoon gear. I suspect that Dragoon will remain the highest critical oriented gear set and likely won't change dramatically since the critical system itself changed, maybe Karamelle gear will focus on higher damage percentages and a lower percentage of critical?? But to the very least, I really hope that the final boss gear isn't mostly useless in terms of stats like the final boss gear of Mirage (with which Darkmoor gear is currently better than...)
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 10-21-20 at 12:02:53 AM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Parcheesy00 is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      Makes me wonder what the Karamelle gear is likely to look like. I'm the final boss battle of that world will probably drop gear with stat that are in between Vanguard and Dragoon gear because many players are still way too busy to craft Dragoon gear but don't want to feel to weak in comparison to players with the Dragoon gear. I suspect that Dragoon will remain the highest critical oriented gear set and likely won't change dramatically since the critical system itself changed, maybe Karamelle gear will focus on higher damage percentages and a lower percentage of critical?? But to the very least, I really hope that the final boss gear isn't mostly useless in terms of stats like the final boss gear of Mirage (with which Darkmoor gear is currently better than...)
      My biggest wish is that a wand better than or at least on par with sinbad's(or pack wands in general) is dropped. Locking the best of an important piece of gear behind paywalls is a disgusting practice. I've been waiting for a pack sale to try and get more sinbad wands but hopefully when the new drops are revealed I won't have to.

Also, I heard a rumor from somewhere that there will be a new skeleton key boss that will drop mounts equivalent to ghultures? If so, that would be amazing and a step in the right direction for sure. I didn't bother to get the new set bonuses from the primeval pack.

As for dragoon's, I hope that a few pieces of the set will be replaced by karamelle gear. Farming for dragoon's is too much of a hassle without double reagents. Hopefully, different pieces of gear will be getting an upgrade, like a robe for storm since they've been using malistare robe since level 100. And I think there's been a better critical ring and boots consecutively for the past 3 worlds.

KieranCaster is offline Magus Wizard

• KieranCaster's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  KieranCaster
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Constable Millie - The Critical Pet!
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ornery Kookaburra

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Limit functions.

Algebra Calculations.

I just want to know if you want fries with your burger.

Regards,
      FSU Grads

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Parcheesy00 View Post
      My biggest wish is that a wand better than or at least on par with sinbad's(or pack wands in general) is dropped. Locking the best of an important piece of gear behind paywalls is a disgusting practice. I've been waiting for a pack sale to try and get more sinbad wands but hopefully when the new drops are revealed I won't have to.

Also, I heard a rumor from somewhere that there will be a new skeleton key boss that will drop mounts equivalent to ghultures? If so, that would be amazing and a step in the right direction for sure. I didn't bother to get the new set bonuses from the primeval pack.

As for dragoon's, I hope that a few pieces of the set will be replaced by karamelle gear. Farming for dragoon's is too much of a hassle without double reagents. Hopefully, different pieces of gear will be getting an upgrade, like a robe for storm since they've been using malistare robe since level 100. And I think there's been a better critical ring and boots consecutively for the past 3 worlds.
      I don't know about that. I think the KI Business side of things will rule that idea out because the Sinbad Hoard Pack is likely still the most bought pack in the game (maybe the Halloween packs are comparable now but not after the season closes in a couple weeks) and KI will likely want to keep making money off that pack as long as possible. In order for that to happen, they'll have to keep the Sinbad wand the strongest wand possible in the game as an incentive for people to buy the pack as many times as their randomized generator allows it. The only way that the Sinbad wand will no longer become the strongest wand in the game is likely that another item that cost money in some way (likely from the crowns shop but also inclusive of gift card bundles) will replace it and KI could collect revenue from that pack instead. If the best wand were to drop from a boss, that eliminates that money-making opportunity altogether and that will greatly impact the revenue the game makes because the Sinbad wand will then become pretty useless along with the other packs like Phoenix or Hydra. It's disgusting but its happening Sinbad pack will probably go on sale after it gets replaced by an even better pack and by then it will probably be fairly useless so don't get your hopes up........... or I could be wrong lol

Kingsisle needs to introduce a way wizards to be reasonably strong with higher block. I'm thinking that the Karamelle gear will introduce an item set with Dragoon levels of Damage percent, low critical rating, but pretty decent block rating for the exception of ice which will have lower damage, lower critical rating, and much higher block rating because 4th age pvp is probably still going to be a thing until the following update and Ice is ruling 1v1...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KieranCaster View Post
      Limit functions.

Algebra Calculations.

I just want to know if you want fries with your burger.

Regards,
      FSU Grads
      lol one of my professors is a Florida State University grad...
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 10-18-20 at 11:26:54 PM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I may well be misunderstanding and this is what I hoped you would say a few days ago. I still think you are being sneaky so that people with 100% critical in LIVE today don't have after test. Bro you hide the truth like politicians. I'd love to apologize to KI , I mean you, but after TEST goes live, my 100% crit wizards will not be 100% critical. @Sparck prove me wrong. level 130 with 840+ critical will not be 100% critical. Prove it?

@Eric Stormbringer will my Wizards with 100% critical be 100% after?

I have been running my Balance and Ice wizards both are lvl 82 as of tonignt. They both have a higher crit percentage ((((they crit on almost every spell and Balance crits higher now on heals than Life.)))) than either of my to max wizards Life and Fire.

When the crit/block was changed a few years ago, the Devs then set it to slowly phase out. It takes a lot of time and calculations for wizards to try to maintain what we all had at one time. Block is all but useless now so if this team of Devs can rework the numbers to make them viable again, then it will be worth it.

If this update will help both of my max wizards regain some of that crit percentage, then I am all for it. Neither of my max wizards crit anywhere near the 2 level 82 wizards. Even though both max wizards have the high numbers that should indicate a higher crit percentage, it has gone the other way each time they level.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 10-19-20 at 9:24:38 AM. Reason: edited quote to match

Fallon WinterLeaf

DV8ONE is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I think the first sentence of paragraph 3 sums it up " players wont chase new gear " Feel like a mouse on a wheel anyone? What scares me is the lack of any mention to fix what is becoming the real issue, the basic math of the game. To me, the game is approaching a level that it is no longer playable.

A recent fight with a boss in empyrea is a good example of this. While questing on my death, I encountered a fire boss with 2 storm elite minions. Knowing I need 2 blades to at least kill the minions with crow. That is exactly what I did. Turn 1 blade, turn 2 blade. The issue starts as turn 3 begins.

First the boss stuns me. So now a fire boss has trained stun? Thats fine though I'll hit next round right? Wrong! Storm 1 removes blades, storm 2 uses lord removing the stun shield. No worries, ill hit round 4. Nope, the boss hits with bull followed by storm hitting with catalain. So a stacked choke is now on me. No worries, ill hit round 5 right? Nope! Here comes another stun followed by catalain which I cant even remove until the next turn.

Now keep in mind this fire boss all the while gets 2 turns every round " bad heads" casting cheat critical scalds and volcano's. So you're telling me the game is now at a point where keeping track of what pip count a boss has really means absolutely nothing when trying to guage your surviveable next play? We need to google every fight now because the cheats are that out of control? And their entire focus is on critical?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast