•  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Exclamation Fire Deckathalon Now Live!

Do you have what it takes to ace the blazing test that awaits you? Now through Monday, October 19th, Wizards level 10 and above can showcase their spell-slinging skills as they claw their way to the top of the Fire Deckathalon Tower. With no bonuses from your gear, level, or the ability to use regular trained spells, itíll just be up to you, your treasure cards, and a well-crafted strategy to fight your way through 30 floors of scorching enemies. Those who manage to reach the top will be challenged by Professor Falmea herself!

Each Wizard will gain three entries into the Fire Deckathalon per day. Upon entry, youíll be able to climb the tower as high as you can until youíre defeated or run out of treasure cards. Once you run out of entries, youíll need to wait for the next day to claim more.

As you battle to the top of the tower, youíll have the opportunity to purchase crafting recipes that may help you on your journey to becoming a top Deckathlete. After all, only the most dedicated Wizards will rise to the top of the leaderboard! High ranking Deckathletes can earn unique badges and trophies for their achievements.

Defeating monsters in the Deckathalon and using treasure cards in battle will contribute points to your individual progress bar. Accumulating enough points can reap great rewards such as the all-powerful Hands of Fate weapon and cute Fire Class Pet!

Click the Gamma icon in the top right corner or visit the Wizard City Library to get started!
      Hurry! This event ends Monday, October 19th! Please note that you only have ~72 hours after an event ends to redeem individual progress rewards.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Fire Deckathalon Now Live!

Not sure if this deserves a SPOILER warning or not, but a few hours into this Event and I'm already out of sorts because...

...dungeon recall is BACK!

ACK!

As I noted during the Death Deckathalon, I messaged Sparck about this and even "tried" to post in Halston's Laboratory message board on the main W101 site (it was NOT approved) when I discovered that under certain circumstances you could die or flee and come back to the dungeon with a new deck of cards.

Surely this is a glitch - this CANNOT be intentional, could it?

@Sparck - could you please clear this up once and for all? If players take advantage of this (exploit?!) it could have considerable ramifications on the leaderboard. Given that this issue has been reported more than a month ago (and surely not just by me?) and given that KI has not addressed this, can we take that to mean using Dungeon Recall is acceptable? Or is this in fact an exploit that could get user accounts sanctioned?

Please let us know - given that badges are at stake here I think it would be only fair to give everyone the same opportunity to succeed. If using Dungeon Recall is acceptable - fine, we can all roll with that. But if it's NOT, please let us know now so that players can adjust accordingly.

OR, better yet, please FIX this!!!!

Thanks,

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 10-13-20 at 5:41:52 PM.

mgrambihler is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Fire Deckathalon Event.

I can't get past stage 5 battle 2. They had 4 heck hound overtime spells on me at once. One time they hit me with a fire trap and balance blade fire bird combo for a one hit KO.

I have been trying to use minions and shielding like crazy but then they smoke screen and my minion calls fizzle.

After 5 attempts I had one in the middle that was somewhat close. VERY frustrating, I might just play to get the hamster and then forget this Deckathalon exists. If stage 5 is this hard I can't imagine going any further.

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Finished the tower. I started out using a level 7 deck, and completed stages 1-8 the first day. Having the lev 7 deck and a sparkling defense ruby really helped with the DOT from the heckhounds. After crafting a lev 8 deck, did stage 9 the second day, but failed at stage 10.2. Third day, two more fails, all on 10.2. But then I finally beat 10.2 on my 7th try. I had to summon lord nightshade twice. They killed the first one.

Odd thing, I got both imp spellement and fire cat spellement when I finished the tower.

I now have level 10 decks for Ice, Death, and Fire. Last time through, I went for the Honoree badge, and I now have all 7 of those. This time through, I'm going for the tower. 4 more to go.

My Decks:

Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 10-17-20 at 9:19:16 PM. Reason: add screenshot

mss101 is offline Initiate Wizard

• mss101's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Mary StarShade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mgrambihler View Post
      I can't get past stage 5 battle 2. They had 4 heck hound overtime spells on me at once. One time they hit me with a fire trap and balance blade fire bird combo for a one hit KO.

I have been trying to use minions and shielding like crazy but then they smoke screen and my minion calls fizzle.

After 5 attempts I had one in the middle that was somewhat close. VERY frustrating, I might just play to get the hamster and then forget this Deckathalon exists. If stage 5 is this hard I can't imagine going any further.

Stage 6 is the same. I finally got through level 5 and crafted the deck. Now I've wasted 5 credits trying to get past 6.2. Same deal, they spam heckhound and smoke mantle and every spell fizzles which I find interesting since it's 40%. My pet has 3 heals but doesn't seem to be very interested. I crafted some triage tonight so I'll try and see if that helps tomorrow. When you can craft the higher decks, like 7 and up, it does help but it's just getting through to get the recipe. I have all the pets, I just want to finish.

-Mary

Icy BlackHeart is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Icy BlackHeart's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sabrina, Maria, Rylee, Alexis, Alexandria, Brecken, Tristan, Tara, Marissa, Evan, Sydney, Ryan, Jack
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Way too many

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Good Luck on the towers

Torpzun26 is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by mgrambihler View Post

If you haven't already, make sure you have the best Fire Deckathalete deck you can get and add the best Fire Resist jewel you have. Flat Resist will apply one time for each tick in a DoT, so its effectiveness is tripled against spells like Heck Hound. With good enough resist, you can ignore 1 and 2-pip hounds entirely. If enemies don't have 3+ pips, you can put off shielding for the round.

For the big Heck Hounds, the ones that are 4+ pips or are bladed, you will want to use Triage on those. Unfortunately the crafting recipe for this spell won't come in until you've finished the 5th floor, but it was also available during last month's Death Deckathalon. They're also available from gardening Ivy Leagues, but it's a little too late to plant those now. Triage is a great counter to large Heck Hounds. Just make sure you Triage the dangerous ones and not a pitiful 1-pip hound - they like to cover their DoTs with more DoTs.

Edit: There is that X-pip spell bug though, where enemies can use, say, a 5-pip hound for only 3 pips if they had cast one earlier that duel. I was hoping that would've been fixed by now, but nope, guess not.
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 10-16-20 at 4:30:26 AM.

WarWeaver is offline Adept Wizard

• WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Ran into a stage 6 enemy on stage 8 and enemies are casting Heckhound without using all their pips. I didn't get around to finishing this one last time because I was busy but it's been pretty underwhelming so far. Maybe stage 9 and 10 will change that.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by WarWeaver View Post
      Ran into a stage 6 enemy on stage 8 and enemies are casting Heckhound without using all their pips. I didn't get around to finishing this one last time because I was busy but it's been pretty underwhelming so far. Maybe stage 9 and 10 will change that.
      I think the pyre dragon was intended, as it has been like that since last deckathalon.

But there are indeed two bugs with heckhound: one, they sometimes don't use all their pips, two, sometimes they cast for MORE pips than they have.

unicorngirl is offline Apprentice Wizard

• unicorngirl's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Deirdre Willowtail
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

i have no idea what to even try for this time around. i have 4 wizards that didn't get through stage 10 last time on fire, but i just don't have time this week. i'm trying to pick up my credits each day, just in case, so i have plenty of credits on whatever wiz i decide to focus on. i have done a little, getting to the runes reward on a few wiz. the highlight has been watching my baaterfly cast kraken and today she cast locust swarm, too! so at least i'm happy with my pet, if i can just get enough time together to actually play more.

Name:  Picture 2020-10-17 16-59-49.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  125.0 KB

Name:  Picture 2020-10-17 17-01-25.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  114.4 KB

sorry the pics aren't great, and i hope everyone is having fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast