•  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Question Re: SPOILER! New Gamestop Bundles!

I don't mind the "Spoiler" tag being added to the title as long as it is removed once these are "officially" released- that date being once these items are made available in game, of course. As for the definition of what a spoiler is, I think that there is a clear distinction between spoiler, announced content, and information that can be added to the Wiki.

As Blaze mentioned in the video, there are images of the Candied Isles Bundle out there, but I did not include any because they can be found on a page with "Spoiler" in the name. However, the information about the Pet Bundle and the existence of the world bundle are on an official site.
      I view this post as akin to posts others have made about info the Devs have shared on another platform. Sure, we can't add anything to the Wiki as nothing is in live realm yet, so think of this thread as more of a post sharing widespread knowledge not reaped from a spoiler bent platform.

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 10-7-20 at 6:38:05 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

Kokyota is offline Adept Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: SPOILER! New Gamestop Bundles!

Just curious, will these pets have the infamous Pet Stats of Strength 255, Intel 250, Agility 260, Will 260, Power 250? Or is it just new cute little Pets? What benefit do these adorable guys bring. I mean I could wait and Hatch these right?

Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
      Is it spoiler though? The items are already in game (as evidence of the pet hatches on live server). In other words, players can prove with in-game screenshots the stats.....and it isn't test realm. Kingsisle has already let InComm/Gamestop announce the Bundles (through retail media outlets). Kingsisle has stated before that they usually delay official announcement on their own sites, only because they want to let more retail outlets stock them or make them available so they don't confuse players or waste their time driving to stores that don't have them yet.

I thought spoilers were identified as data mining the test realm or live realm servers and sharing information that isn't even finished in the production process?

If the precedent is that information can't be added to the Wiki until an official KI Twitter or web page post acknowledges the new items......seems a bit much to force players to time it with a correct day/time stamp including the fact some items NEVER get officially announced.
      Well, the original title made me think that two new bundles were now available at Gamestop. As I read the first post, it made me think that the actual release information was not yet official, and that the video was based on gleaned knowledge and supposition. I admit I did not watch the video itself. Calling it a Spoiler was my way of letting other members know that this thread was not about an official announcement for the cards.

Spoilers are not limited to data mining or test realm, sometimes they are in the eye of the beholder.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post

When setting up the Wiki Item pages for the Bundle Gift Cards, the guideline has been that a formal Announcement / Release from KingsIsle should be shown, usually on their website or one of their social media pages. In the past, we found that changes were made (Item names, stats, etc.) before the 'official' release.

If players have uncropped ingame screenshots (from the Live Realm, and not from another website), then those Items (Pets, gear, etc.) can be added. But of course, the corresponding Bundle Gift Card page will not link at that time.

That is my understanding of how it works on the Wiki end. If the other Wiki Masters have a different view on this, please let me know.

@audacioussalix @FritzFunBringer @Monochromatic Bunny @Pyro @Zane

Hope that helps somewhat. ??

AluraMist
      Very helpful explanation. I see your point on the difference between an item in a bundle versus the actual bundle itself being added to the Wiki. Sort of how players can add new discovered drops from duels that just happen to correspond to a lore/hoard pack. You can add the item to the Wiki upon discovery, but not necessarily the association to the pack until confirmed/announced.

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      I don't mind the "Spoiler" tag being added to the title as long as it is removed once these are "officially" released- that date being once these items are made available in game, of course.

But that was my point Jared, the items ARE in the game right now (at least the Pet Trainer Bundle is). Players are already running around the commons with the new dog pet and gear from that bundle, even though the bundles are not widely available (hence why KI delays official announcement).

Clearly KI gives InComm/Gamestop a "release" date to coincide with the marketing campaign (just like any other game out there), but clearly not all the outlets are adhering to the date (or certain employees) and other stores won't even stock the cards on the release date! Others stores will stock well after the official release date due to supply and logistics issues. This is one of the major complaints about the cards being retail only for a portion of time (besides the fact retail will always be the first to announce). At least Gamestop has an online store to order from, the Kroger cards continue to be a problem since day one.

The Heavenly Bundle had a similar issue. It was made WIDELY available via Gamestop store online, but only for a day or two. It was taken down for about a week, then made available again. No changes were made in-game to the bundle contents when it was made available again. Should players not add this information to Central in this situation.....especially when other players will be seeing the new items in-game and specifically coming to the Wiki to find this new gear? <-- This was my main concern about waiting on adding/discussing available in-game items that KI hasn't officially announced.....the community will start going elsewhere for the information instead of Central. Likewise, new Crowns items are usually released in the Crown shop around noon CST, but the official announcements are hours later in the day or several days later.....should players have to wait until an official announcement before they can add to Wiki or discuss without spoilers tags until then?
      Last edited by Kingurz; 10-8-20 at 11:01:15 AM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

But that was my point Jared, the items ARE in the game right now (at least the Pet Trainer Bundle is). Players are already running around the commons with the new dog pet and gear from that bundle, even though the bundles are not widely available (hence why KI delays official announcement).

Clearly KI gives InComm/Gamestop a "release" date to coincide with the marketing campaign (just like any other game out there), but clearly not all the outlets are adhering to the date (or certain employees) and other stores won't even stock the cards on the release date! Others stores will stock well after the official release date due to supply and logistics issues. This is one of the major complaints about the cards being retail only for a portion of time. At least Gamestop has an online store to order from, the Kroger cards continue to be a problem since day one.

The Heavenly Bundle had a similar issue. It was made WIDELY available via Gamestop store online, but only for a day or two. It was taken down for about a week, then made available again. No changes were made in-game to the bundle contents when it was made available again. Should players not add this information to Central in this situation.....especially when other players will be seeing the new items in-game and specifically coming to the Wiki to find this new gear? <-- This was my main concern about waiting on adding/discussing available in-game items that KI hasn't officially announced.....the community will start going elsewhere for the information instead of Central. Likewise, new Crowns items are usually released in the Crown shop around noon CST, but the official announcements are hours later in the day or several days later.....should players have to wait until an official announcement before they can add to Wiki or discuss without spoilers tags until then?
      When anything is discovered in the game itself, or at a store, and there are screenshots, etc. -- that is awesome, timely information to post here on Central, and members should go ahead with doing so. If there is actually someone who does HAVE the Pet Trainer's card, or the second one, and wants to share about it, that's great.

My concern was that the first post in this thread is sharing a video about upcoming items, but the title did not reflect the "upcoming-ness" of the bundles. Believe it or not, there are members who wish to avoid stumbling across information about future plans as they browse the "new posts."

Maybe I should change the thread title to "Coming Soon" rather than "Spoiler" - would that be better?

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

This goes along with what I said in my previous reply.

If Wizards have the Items ingame, and there is an uncropped ingame screenshot (not from the Test Realm, and not from another website), then those Items may be added to the Wiki.

For Wizards who do 'find these Items' in the game, the uncropped ingame screenshot verifications may be posted on this Firsthand Observations Thread. Instructions are in Post #1 on that thread.

I thought of something else last night. After I saw the Announcement that I posted on Central here, it is possible that some of those new Items being found in the game were either individual gifts or part of a new Pack that was given as a gift from participating in that Charity Event. This happened in the past and caused confusion at that time too.

@Sparck Can you shed any light on what the 'ingame Items' are from that Event?

AluraMist

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post

Maybe I should change the thread title to "Coming Soon" rather than "Spoiler" - would that be better?

Thanks Willow. I like the idea of "Coming Soon?". I added a question mark to it.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

Icy BlackHeart is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Icy BlackHeart's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sabrina, Maria, Rylee, Alexis, Alexandria, Brecken, Tristan, Tara, Marissa, Evan, Sydney, Ryan, Jack
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Way too many

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The dog is so cute

JaredSpellFrost is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Exclamation Re: SPOILER! New Gamestop Bundles!

The Pet Bundle is in game, as shown by this screenshot of the pet (It is not first generation) @Bailey Jade took!:
      Attached Images Attached Images  

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      The Pet Bundle is in game, as shown by this screenshot of the pet (It is not first generation) @Bailey Jade took!:
      Okay, but what @AluraMist and I are saying is that the pet has not been personally verified as a first generation pet received from redeeming the bundle, by a member's own personal knowledge, has it?

I'm going to go visit my local Gamestop later and see what they have to say about all of this.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 10-8-20 at 2:28:59 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast