Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

September KI Live - What are they talking about?

Unfortunately I don't get to watch the KI live - typically it's going on while I'm at work so I miss out on all sorts of stuff - codes, sneak peeks, and most of all, random races with @Vanessa Mythdust where she usually crushes everyone with her Snow Ball. And while I can always go back and watch the show later, I never really have the time to re-live the excitement.

But then there was this week...

A few times since the show on Friday I have "recognized" in game - once by a someone who was so excited to meet a "celebrity". What the heck were they all talking about?!

Turns out, on the KI live show they put out THIS -

According to KI Live, the badges listed on the slide were ones that only ONE person in the game has accomplished, including Master Pet Lover badge which happened to be the badge I was wearing when "recognized".

"Wow, you're the only person in the game with that badge - KI Live said so!"

But this CANNOT be right. Not only is that a badge that at least three people I know have, including two Centralians (@sunshine13 and @Bailey Jade), I've also SEEN at least one other person in the hatchery with it.

What makes this assertion even more ridiculous is that, according to the slide on KI Live, only ONE person has Champion Pet Trainer. RUBBISH! Champion Pet Trainer (800 different pets) is the pet badge right before Master Pet Lover (850 different pets), so anyone who has Master Pet Lover MUST have Champion Pet Trainer. Given that I know at least a few other Master Pet Lovers, this CANNOT be true.

AND, that's just the people I know - there are probably many more people with Master Pet Lover badge (and, ergo, Champion Pet Trainer badge), even just here on Central. Also, only ONE Tier V Death Fairy? That CANNOT be!

So, where in the world did that info come from?

Also, I also grabbed this screen cap from that show as well.

While some of these numbers seem right, most of them seem ridiculously low - really, only 22 hatching Grandmasters? That sounds like how many pet fans can be in the kiosk at any one time! If that's a real number, I think I must know them all. And only 18 Illustrious Monstrologist? Surely not?

So, what in the world was KI talking about? @Sparck, I know you have bigger issues to sort out but could you shed any light on where / how this information is collected? The three folks that have the Master Pet Lover badge that I know have had it for at least a few months, so maybe this data was collected in...March?

I bet that if everyone from Central "claimed" one of the above badges that they have the number would be greater than what KI claims in every case. I'm sure of it!

In general I love hearing things like most pets by someone, most badges any one wiz has, and yes, rarest badges - love it. Knowing that there are 5 Exalted Anglers - WOW. (I have a feeling at least 3 of them are here on this site) And TWO people have done Medulla 1000 times? INSANE! Really inspirational stuff. But when the info that is given out isn't just wrong, but REALLY wrong....what the heck!

Casp
      NOT a celebrity!

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: September KI Live - What are they talking about?

Yup, like you Casp, my time on the game is very limited now. I have a new job and it consumes most of my day. That being said, I miss out on KI live always!

After their last show, I came home and saw a message from a fellow central member who I talk to on another platform. She showed me the same clips as you shared here and my response was, what the heck, I have some of those badges.

So here are few other people who I know have collected over 800/850 pets. @sunshine13 @Dragonwhisper. @Kither. @lee. @phantomslick7272 Letís not forget some of the original pet collectors @Paige Skyhaven @*Erin I know few who are up in those high numbers as well.

Also, hatching one from the kiosk is off. There are tons of players who have achieved the last badge on that, one of them being Stem

as for the fishing badge I am sure the same thing is happening to those players as well. We have here on central a fishing thread with top fishing players.

I have my theory on this, but I am not going to say till we hear back from KI
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 10-7-20 at 8:38:03 PM.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I don't think any of these numbers are right (Maybe the Medulla one is right, I can't see any reason anybody would ever fight Medulla that many times because the boss doesn't drop any special gear) but I think the overall badges that they picked to present is true because I see them as the most difficult badges to achieve in the game, so at least they got their selection right I don't understand where they got these numbers from at all and to my knowledge, I haven't heard of the game recording and tallying each time a player gets a badge. I'm sure there's somewhat of an ability for the game developers to get that information but I'm certain it is different from the numbers presented. I don't wanna hope that these numbers are made up, rather there's a piece of context involved that was perhaps in the audio (I never watch Kingsisle Live lol) that we missed out.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I don't understand where they got these numbers from at all and to my knowledge, I haven't heard of the game recording and tallying each time a player gets a badge. I'm sure there's somewhat of an ability for the game developers to get that information but I'm certain it is different from the numbers presented.
      There's no doubt that they have access to these "behind the scenes" numbers - I'm not a programming expert but I suspect it's a matter of mining the game databases and running specific queries to find this info. But how do they get this so wrong? It's not like they miscounted by one, or two here and there - I'm positive there are 10, or 20, if not more Master Pet Lovers, just here on Central, and yet they say ONE? And if there are many Master Pet Lovers, then there MUST be at least double or triple Champion Pet Trainer since you MUST have that badge first to get the Master Pet Lover badge.

Very curious.

Again, certainly don't want KI to NOT give us these factoids as I love this kind of stuff. In FACT, how cool would it be if there was a Hall Of Fame in the game where you could go to see Leaderboards not just for the Arena, but also for Derby (Grrrrrr) and all sorts of other random "stats" - badges, fish, Beastmoon ranks, pets, plants, etc. For some this would overly competitive, but for others who enjoy challenges and collecting "sutff" this could be really fun.

Regardless, where are they getting this wildly inaccurate number? As @Dylan Windwalker pointed out, perhaps there some context missing with this info - players with that badge AND some other critera perhaps - but that certainly was NOT how it was presented.

Casp

ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Stressed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      There's no doubt that they have access to these "behind the scenes" numbers - I'm not a programming expert but I suspect it's a matter of mining the game databases and running specific queries to find this info. But how do they get this so wrong?
      It's not hard -- just one query parameter wrong and you get bad data back out. I'd bet this is just one person running an ad hoc query moments before the KI Live -- no maker/checker, no established process, etc. Maybe it was "active" badges (i.e., who is wearing them vs. has them)? Maybe they will update on the next KI live and give us all something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      Again, certainly don't want KI to NOT give us these factoids as I love this kind of stuff. In FACT, how cool would it be if there was a Hall Of Fame in the game where you could go to see Leaderboards not just for the Arena, but also for Derby (Grrrrrr) and all sorts of other random "stats" - badges, fish, Beastmoon ranks, pets, plants, etc.
      I think it's great data too. And I love that idea.

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Question Re: September KI Live - What are they talking about?

I wonder if KingsIsle got these numbers not based on whether somebody had these badges or not, but whether they had them equipped. It is definitely a more likely scenario, but until KingsIsle explains we can't know for sure.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

BaronvonWolf is offline Adept Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

only 2 beastmoon hero? my group has 4 so unless this was early spring this data is very outdated
      i'm only 199 wins from hero and i know the person /w ice Coloss V
      Last edited by BaronvonWolf; 9-30-20 at 2:47:13 PM.
      140 Wolf soulstalker 130 Valkoor wild ​130 Valkoor Myth​ 140 Valkoor 133 Alex nightshade

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ValdusWildheart View Post
      Maybe it was "active" badges (i.e., who is wearing them vs. has them)?
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      I wonder if KingsIsle got these numbers not based on whether somebody had these badges or not, but whether they had them equipped.
      YES, and YES - one of these MUST be the conditions!!! A snap shot of who was in game with those badges, or who had those badges EQUIPPED makes much more sense than how many people have actually earned those badges.

That said, the Brain Basher badge MUST be the rarest in the game. There are many absurd badges - for instance, a Deckathalon Champion badge which only ONE or TWO people in the entire game might have - but to me this one is the most over the top, ridiculous badge there is. Props to those who have it but I have a hard time grasping a 1000 of anything - much less a fight like Medulla. Wonder if these folks are on Central?
      Casp

Cosmos is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Cosmos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Colin Willowwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sea Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      Maybe the Medulla one is right, I can't see any reason anybody would ever fight Medulla that many times because the boss doesn't drop any special gear
      Bro, that Empyrea Medulla Theme though.
      Yet it cannot be called talent to slay fellow-citizens, to deceive friends, to be without faith, without mercy, without religion; such methods may gain empire, but not glory. - Machiavelli // I also write my own stuff ~

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
      Bro, that Empyrea Medulla Theme though.
      I guess I would put it up there as one o the most difficult current housing drops and gotta say, pretty decent

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast