• PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • View Poll Results: Which is your favorite?

Voters
    28. You may not vote on this poll
    • Beastmoon Hunt

12 42.86%
    • Beastmoon Monster Mayhem

2 7.14%
    • Deckathalon

5 17.86%
    • Pet Promenade

12 42.86%
    • Spiral Showcase

10 35.71%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
        JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs down Re: Favorite Events?

The Spiral Showcase event is my favorite because it is the easiest event out there. The Pet Promenade is my 2nd favorite, but I dislike that this event is such a massive gold drain! But what I despise most about these two events is how much they drain my energy, leaving me without the resources to garden.
      The Deckathalon is a horrible, grindy mess that introduced insane low level decks for PvP. This event fails at its intention to make us stop hoarding Treasure Cards (Any word on that TC Vault, KingsIsle!?), but instead forces us to commit hours of prep work just to have a shot at making it to floor 5. All in all, this event is not Player Friendly and should be revaluated so that a noob could win.

And finally, there is the Beastmoon Event... Only tried it a few times, and its not for me. Plus KingsIsle's "hopefully it will be fixed next event" approach to bugs is a huge turnoff for me.

The Scroll of Fortune has some nice free rewards, but it would appear that the quality of these prizes decreases with time. The only reason why I am participating in events right now is to get this seasons exclusive Painting. How out of touch do the KI Devs gotta be to think that we want Bear Dummies? I wonder who is the real dummy here...

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Favorite Events?

There's a difference between "which event I enjoy the most" and "which event I do because its the quickest points."

Hands down, the 'quickest points' is the promenade. Play 5 pet games (and maybe a few skip game if your pet is less than epic), and feed a pet for happiness yield 75 pts a day, enough to get the mega pet snacks. But I don't have any will cast unlocked, so pet happiness serves no purpose other than pts. And all my wizards got the pet the first time before they fixed the glitch, so no incentive there.

'Most liked' would be beastmoon hunt, except when a random teamup leaves me with the kind of teammates that, well, you know...

Beastmoon Mayhem would be okay, if not for that timer and the same problem with teammates that, well, you know. I think both the regular hunt and the mayhem events would be better if players who don't normally have text chat could have it for the duration of the match. Communication between team members is crucial, especially in the mayhem event.

Showcase - quick points for gardening and crafting, but the other tasks just don't excite me. And I'm sick and tired of all the lydia's hats so I don't even bother going for the top reward anymore. Maybe if it was something other than the professor's hoard pack. Like, whatever the most recent pack release is?

Edit: Forgot about the Deckathalon. An event designed to be unwinnable. And when someone figures out how to win anyway, change the rules to counter it. "So you're just going to pass while you let your minion do all the work? Let's put in a damage bubble. Oh, so now you're going to use pet will cast? Wait until you see what we do next..." Lower levels aren't too bad, but the upper levels are ridiculous. And too much gold spent on TC if you want a chance at the leaderboard.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 9-30-20 at 12:31:37 AM.

SeptenaryRavens is offline Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Dreaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Personally, I like the events that aren't listed: Five BOXES, and the Lost Pages. Sure we can get free goodies from the events listed in the poll, but the lost pages and boxes have a storyline to them, and because of that I don't mind playing over and over again. Rather than continuous battles, there's dialog in between.

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Question Re: Favorite Events?

Quote Originally Posted by SeptenaryRavens View Post
      Personally, I like the events that aren't listed: Five BOXES, and the Lost Pages.
      I agree. The Five BOXES is my favorite event! There are good drops- energy gear (I still use my Greenwarden Hats from it), Couch Potatoes (Best place for low levels to farm them), perm mounts, and Sonic Spring reagents. The unique crafted housing is some of my favorite ingame as well, and I can never have enough of these ingredients!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      Lower levels aren't too bad, but the upper levels are ridiculous. And too much gold spent on TC if you want a chance at the leaderboard.
      Exactly! The Deckathalon costs way too much gold- Argleston's absurd TC prices don't help either. And you don't need to spend a fortune to get on the leaderboard- that takes a King's ransom of gold! No, it costs a fortune just to get the pet.
      I wonder if a newer, younger Player could sort out the strategy needed in the harder levels of the Deckathalon without access to sites like Central...

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

WarWeaver is offline Adept Wizard

• WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Here's mine in order.

1. Beastmoon Hunt
      2. Deckathalon
      3. Pet Promenade
      4. Five Boxes
      5. Beastmoon Monster Mayhem
      6. Spiral Showcase
      7. Lost pages

Icy BlackHeart is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Icy BlackHeart's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sabrina, Maria, Rylee, Alexis, Alexandria, Brecken, Tristan, Tara, Marissa, Evan, Sydney, Ryan, Jack
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Way too many

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

For me it's between spiral showcase or pet promenade for easy points

Deckathlon used to be my favorite but didn't like the changes with the credits

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      How out of touch do the KI Devs gotta be to think that we want Bear Dummies? I wonder who is the real dummy here...
      As bad as those Bear Dummies were (and they were RIDICULOUS rewards, so random!) there are many other examples of rewards from the Scroll that are more insults than rewards. Augmentation Runes, for example - if you don't do the Decakthalons, completely Useless. If you DO do the Deckathalons, still completely useless as you will have hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of these.

As to my event Rankings

Beastmoon Hunt
      PROS: I like that it's kinda Arena PvP with running about and more strategy than what card to play. Plus, so many forms means that it's almost never the same. The Tier and Rank system I think is pretty clever too, though I think the Lunari required vs the Lunari available as rewards means that you have to be in it for the long haul.
      CONS: Some of the Arena aggression can come out and if you get some aggro players together with noobs just trying it out it can make for some really awkward squabbling. Some of the past glitches have been a real pain and just as annoying is how KI will wait until the event is over to resolve these.

Beastmoon Mayhem
      PROS: PvE puts a premium on team work and with a good team, this event can be loads of fun. Like the Beastmoon Hunt, so many forms means that it's almost never the same.
      CONS: That you HAVE to be in the final fight to get credit seems a major glitch that hasn't been addressed after this event came out TWICE. So unfair to contribute to your team's success only to miss out because you weren't in the final fight. And the rewards for winning - another insult! Also, pretty steep learning curve since speed is such an important factor that having even one "casual" or first time player can mean not advancing past the first stage. I wish KI had a more involved and thorough tutorial for players before they joined for the first time.

Spiral Showcase
      PROS: Easy to do, though can take a bit of time if you want to fish AND train AND team up. Plus, while everyone might not do ALL of these things everyday, most of the things are things that most people do so might as well get some points for them.
      CONS: As mentioned, doing all tasks can be a bit of a time drain, especially the fishing can be a time drain.

Pet Promenade
      PROS: Does not require a great deal of time and for most people training pets is part of what they are already doing.
      CONS: That hatching and feeding for happiness are a way to get points is a real drain on Gold and Snacks. I get it that if you self hatch with 2 adult pets it can be very cheap, but if you don't need a new pet you are just spending gold for something you don't need and probably will delete. WASTE! And if you never use happiness (which is most people), feeding your pet to make them happier is also a waste. Feeding snacks to level your pet up also requires snacks, but at least that kind of snack feeding leads to something everyone wants (leveling up your pet) where as very few people want or need a happy pet! How I wish KI had added ONE practice Derby race instead of the hatching or feeding requirement.

Deckathalon
      PROS: Challenging.
      CONS: Sooo many! For starters, allowing Will Cast pets has pretty much ruined "the intent" of this event. Initially it was all about your deck - the better the deck you had, the more success you would have. Makes sense - it's a DECKathalon. But even from the get go the addition of pets seemed...off - even with a bad deck you could still do well with a great pet. However, once Will Cast Kraken and Vampire came into the event, Pets became just as important as your deck and without a Will Cast pet you probably will not be able to crack the top 10. Also, as is the event is way too "grindy" - repeat, repeat, repeat. For some who can do levels 1 - 9.1 there is at least some variability between the different floors, but you still end up doing the floors over, and over, and over again. Lastly, while some think the 3 credit system is not ENOUGH, I think it's TOO MUCH! To be competitive you'll end up taking 5+ hours a day to use up your credits - that's 40+ hours to use your 24 credits. ACK! As proposed by a number of people I feel like there should be a farming mode - to go after runes, to develop a strategy - and a Tournament mode where the points you achieve count towards the leaderboard. You can have unlimited credits for farming mode but you can use Tournament mode...once? twice?...per day.

Also, while not listed as events, I think Ranked Arena PvP, Arena PvP Tournaments, and Derby should also be considered because even though they are available all the time, they are indeed separate / independent from questing. Anyway, were they included on this poll here I'd put the Arena Tournaments below the Beastmoon events (though with way more cons than the Deckathalon), Ranked Arena PvP at the bottom, and Derby...well...you know....

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 10-1-20 at 11:12:51 PM.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I enjoy Spiral Showcase, Deck Event and Pet Event.

However, at this point I am really ready not to see any more events and ready to just quest or work on something else. I know that these are by choice, but being I do enjoy collecting badges and pets, it makes me feel like if I don't do them I will be missing out.

I will say that the Deck Event is highly competitive and somewhat still unhealthy due to player grinding to achieve top rank. As this event goes on more and more are able to do runs between 1 to 8 or 9 taking up 2 hours per run. Although, I do give those players a lot of credit for having the drive to do this every deck event. I did it once, and it was basically drained me coming in 4th place. Just knowing that, tells me if I had the time, I could do it again and again.

The other two events I had mention are very easy and really not stressful. Its things that we do anyway.

Sadly, I am not a fan of the beastmoon. I had a bad experience once and it basically turned me off from it. I was seeking advice and maybe I was asking the wrong questions, but I really did not get good advice to want to try it again. I do know that a lot of my friends enjoy it, but it not my cup of tea.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Shadow Slayer is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Angry

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I like the deckathlon even though it really takes a lot of gold and plenty of effort, I don't have much interest in the other events..

~I hate people~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12