Old Man Perrin is offline Initiate Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Event Now Live!

Been literally a couple of years since I've been on this forum. I only really play for nostalgia these days, and some Beastmoon (both flavors) with my daughter when she's not in college. Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      Lastly, speaking of strategies....on one of the fights at the third wave one player had what I thought was a great idea - join solo, let the mob fights come out, then flee, and right before the blade fight is over, a team forms again to the spiral so that the blades pop towards the start of the fight and not as everyone is dying. Brilliant I thought! Did not work out so well for us as a random team doesn't not adjust well to thinking outside the box and people got...lets just say mutinous - but has anyone tried this strategy and does it work? Any have any other "can't lose" strategies outside of "surround yourself with level 5 players"?
      This actually unfortunately doesn't work. For the scenario you're describing:
      - Spiral Fight is started
      - Blade Fight is started
      - Spiral Fight is lost
      - New Spiral Fight is started
      - Blade Fight finishes
      ...and what happens is the Blade Fight will end with a message of "Sigil Spell Not Cast" to the surprise and dismay of all participants.
      The Sigil Fight is tied to the Spiral Fight that was going on when it was initiated. Is that a bug or by design? I can't tell you but that's how it's been working the last 2 Mayhems.
      Quote Originally Posted by unicorngirl View Post
      it seems like the "credit" for winning stage 3 ... has anyone else thought it might take being in the spiral for all 3 fights? i am pretty sure have not gotten credit for winning third wave even though i was in the spiral, but i wasn't in the first or second spirals those times. i have been on more teams where people don't want to be in the spiral, not sure why. definitely missed the random moondust drops from a spiral win this time.
      In the August Mayhem and definitely the beginning of the September Mayhem, you only got credit if you were in the Final 3rd Spiral Fight from start to finish. So if you just joined at the end and won you did not get credit. At least the last few days (there were multiple overnight maintenances that week, quite possibly the last one had this change) if you came in midway but were there when the Boss was defeated, you got the credit (or at least I did).
      as far as odd strategies (i know that wasn't the question lol ) i had one team mate who pointed out that if the team is going to lose the final spiral (don't think it works on first or second wave) if one of the players who can't rejoin the fight sits on the circle they will restart the fight when everyone else dies with only the surviving bosses. so if you kill all the minions before the team dies, only the big boss comes back. it worked the one time i was on a team that tried it, but i would hesitate to promise it is supposed to work like that. i just don't know.
      That teammate may have been me, since I did lay this out to at least one team during September Mayhem.

Here is what I know about it:
      In August Mayhem, we were about to lose the Final Spiral Fight with 4 people. There was the Boss and one minion left. The extra 2 people were present in the Spiral, planning to take 2 spots. Unfortunately, we all 4 died at once (some mass attack). The 2 other people immediately started the fight before the other 2 minions had time to respawn. We were all surprised. We still lost (due to time) but I kept it in the back of my mind.
      Fast forward to September Mayhem. Final Spiral, the original team has been systematically defeated. Death Fairy and myself (Storm Wolf) have taken over the spots, but no one else can join. It is only us and the boss (Storm). All 4 other players are desperately trying to finish the Shield Sigil. I am defeated, the Fairy struggling and slow playing to give them time. I flee and come back with Storm Mummy, knowing I can't rejoin the Spiral Fight, but thinking back to last month. The Fairy is wiped out before the Shields arrive, but I rush the Boss. The fight starts with just the Boss (full health and pips though) and myself. I call out to my team to hurry to Spiral. With 4 players we win the fight with time to spare.

There is literally about a second before the minions respawn. Anyone who knows sporting events knows that a second is actually a really long amount of time, but not long enough to be able to be defeated, leave the base, and make it back before the minions spawn. It has to be player(s) waiting right there in the Spiral to pull this move off.

RedValkyre99 is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

i wish i had taken a screen shot - once, only once, our team finished with 9 minutes!! i could not believe it, but we did have the easiest bosses in the final spiral, and we were super lucky in the other spiral fights, i think we had 24 minutes after finishing the second wave, but still. we were all dancing a jig.
      Same thing happened to me too. One match we finished with over 9 minutes left. Nothing else was even close to it. It was an amazing run. Wish we could have kept that group together... It would be an amazing coincidence if we were in the same match. I wonder how many central players I've been randomly playing beside without recognizing.

You will likely recognize me because I quickly grab a form, cards, and announce "I'll go sun/moon/star/eye." (For all the good it does)
      Last edited by RedValkyre99; 9-23-20 at 9:10:58 AM.

Phenoixblizzard is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Phenoixblizzard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber DragonBlossom
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fern
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast

Mood:
      Creative

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RedValkyre99 View Post
      Same thing happened to me too. One match we finished with over 9 minutes left. Nothing else was even close to it. It was an amazing run. Wish we could have kept that group together... It would be an amazing coincidence if we were in the same match. I wonder how many central players I've been randomly playing beside without recognizing.

You will likely recognize me because I quickly grab a form, cards, and announce "I'll go sun/moon/star/eye." (For all the good it does)

I once had a team that went so well that we had nearly 20 minutes left for phase 3. I forgot how much time we had left at the end when we won (wasn't looking I admit), but it went extremely well. Somehow we just knew what we were doing despite not being very chatty. Wish I had the same people for the rest of the event. I also wish I had gotten a screenshot of the timer at the start of phase 3, but I didn't want to break the momentum we had going. I do wonder if their chosen forms were also near max or maxed out.

Yeah, announcing where you'll be going is not always heard or is ignored. Announcing that it's 2v2 in phase 1 goes unheeded at times as well. There's been many times I and sometimes someone else announced the sigil we're heading to only to be ignored. I especially announce my sigil if there's an ice enemy at one/two or there's a dual storm fight that I really want to avoid so I don't lose my form (I main a third tier fire elf form. Still working on lunari for upgrading it and getting gold idols to unlock another form or two).
      Wizards vs Bosses

Caspeen is online now W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Here was the best time I captured at the start of the 3rd wave - 20:51

Here's another screen cap of an awesome team I was on -

Not a single Defeat for any one of us. Also, 19 Mob KO's by Rowan - pretty sure I haven't seen more than that.

Lastly, speaking of final stats, here was a personal best for me -

Stats of course mean nothing - especially if you lose - but I've started to take notice out there because it's nice to remember who knows what they are doing.

I usually declare this as well, but I really wish they could make it more obvious what each ring is. I've started to call out the enemy schools - "I'm going to Ice Ice / Balance Storm" like that because especially for those not familiar with Beastmoon calling out Moon, or Star, or whatever can be confusing. I've also heard "top, bottom, left, right" as well which kinda makes sense, but I prefer the school nomenclature because I do think it's helpful to get your team thinking about the matchups to anticipate.

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 9-23-20 at 5:02:22 PM.

Caspeen is online now W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Perrin View Post
      This actually unfortunately doesn't work. For the scenario you're describing:
      - Spiral Fight is started
      - Blade Fight is started
      - Spiral Fight is lost
      - New Spiral Fight is started
      - Blade Fight finishes
      ...and what happens is the Blade Fight will end with a message of "Sigil Spell Not Cast" to the surprise and dismay of all participants.
      The Sigil Fight is tied to the Spiral Fight that was going on when it was initiated. Is that a bug or by design? I can't tell you but that's how it's been working the last 2 Mayhems.
      Bummer but thanks for saving a lot of frustration and failure trying to get this to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Perrin View Post
      Fast forward to September Mayhem. Final Spiral, the original team has been systematically defeated. Death Fairy and myself (Storm Wolf) have taken over the spots, but no one else can join. It is only us and the boss (Storm). All 4 other players are desperately trying to finish the Shield Sigil. I am defeated, the Fairy struggling and slow playing to give them time. I flee and come back with Storm Mummy, knowing I can't rejoin the Spiral Fight, but thinking back to last month. The Fairy is wiped out before the Shields arrive, but I rush the Boss. The fight starts with just the Boss (full health and pips though) and myself. I call out to my team to hurry to Spiral. With 4 players we win the fight with time to spare.
      There is literally about a second before the minions respawn. Anyone who knows sporting events knows that a second is actually a really long amount of time, but not long enough to be able to be defeated, leave the base, and make it back before the minions spawn. It has to be player(s) waiting right there in the Spiral to pull this move off.
      I know for a fact for this to be a usable strategy. As you called out, timing is the key, which is why I stand right in front of the boss as the last player has died to make sure I bump instantaneously.

Alas, I haven't actually won because of this. I've been on a few teams who have successfully executed this, but in almost all scenarios I'm either the only one to be left standing after the bump or else by the time I've gone back to the spiral fight the player that had kept the fight going was still solo and about to die. The end result is that we run out of time to kill. If more folks knew about this strategy then there could have been more support to finish out the fight, but invariably those that have died go off and farm for battle coins or else engage in unnecessary mob fights.

Casp

unicorngirl is offline Apprentice Wizard

• unicorngirl's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Deirdre Willowtail
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

awesome! i bet we were playing together, never came close to that time before or after lol. i have a feeling a lot of us have played together at one time or another.. i do the same, grab a form and tc, then say where headed. i've started giving a location on the map like "upper left" since the symbols are hidden and so many seem to not be very familiar with it all. a couple times random teams suggested we all meet in a realm, and i admit i was afraid to do it. like the magic would wear off or something silly. maybe next time, though; i bet a team from here would be killer!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234