Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Event Now Live!

Quote Originally Posted by BaronvonWolf View Post
      Maximal mayhemist 10 wins
      mussel head 100 time clams
      Congrats - just wow!

And ugh - another badge for 100!? Please don't tell me there will be one for...500? 1000? Oh, no! But of course there will be

Like others I've been afflicted by a few things that has made getting Maximal Mayhemist badge very challenging

First and foremost, a lack of a solid, regular team. I've won exactly one time with a truly random team, but it was only random for me as most of the other players were a team already and I was one of the lucky random adds. I understand everyone has to start somewhere with these events and I feel I'm very patient with those who are participating for the first time, but it is nonetheless frustrating that some people either don't tell you they have no clue and they try to fake it or else they just don't listen to help. I really feel like this is an event where K I should do an ACTIVE tutorial, like the Arena walk through. At the very least highlight the map in the top right and show first time users how to navigate.

And the second affliction is that KI let a known bug from the first event make it back into this one. I've been a part of a winning team 4 times and twice I was outside when the fight ended which meant no "win". Lame. That there are no drops for winning is bad enough, but given how hard these victories are to come by - REALLY lame. But that this was a known issue from a few weeks ago, and by my reckoning there have been at least 4 or 5 maintenance reboots since then, and STILL this hasn't been resolved - SUPER lame!

It goes without saying that the outside players can contribute just as much to the win as those in the spiral fight so how did not giving a win even make it to the live game? And @Sparck, why hasn't it been addressed? Aside from denying players a hard earned win, it also can make for very hostile playing environment as teams set up for the final fight. I've been in one match where it got really ugly because everyone wanted the win and when someone got left out of the fight, he simply quit. Needless to say, none of us got the win that match. It's true that outside players have a chance to come into the fight should someone die, but regardless, issues like this wouldn't exist if KI had been listening and done something about this BEFORE opening it again.

ACK!

Anyway, sorry to hijack your post - that's quite an accomplishment and I'm very envious for the outstanding team you must have. Congrats.

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 9-18-20 at 7:49:30 PM.

RedValkyre99 is online now Wiki Master

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      It goes without saying that the outside players can contribute just as much to the win as those in the spiral fight so how did not giving a win even make it to the live game? And @Sparck, why hasn't it been addressed? Aside from denying players a hard earned win, it also can make for very hostile playing environment as teams set up for the final fight. I've been in one match where it got really ugly because everyone wanted the win and when someone got left out of the fight, he simply quit. Needless to say, none of us got the win that match. It's true that outside players have a chance to come into the fight should someone die, but regardless, issues like this wouldn't exist if KI had been listening and done something about this BEFORE opening it again.
      This is something that I feel VERY strongly about. If we are supposed to be a team, we should play and win as a team. KI should not be setting us up for an individual struggle in the final spiral battle when it took a team to even get there. Quite frankly it promotes selfishness over team work and our society does far too much of that already. @Sparck please talk with the developers over an equitable and appropriate award for a TEAM victory in this competition. Every player of the winning team needs to be rewarded.
      Last edited by RedValkyre99; 9-20-20 at 12:21:58 PM.

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RedValkyre99 View Post
      This is something that I feel VERY strongly about. If we are supposed to be a team, we should play and win as a team. KI should not be setting us up for an individual struggle in the final spiral battle when it took a team to even get there. Quite frankly it promotes selfishness over team work and our society does far too much of that already. @Sparck please talk with the developers over a equitable and appropriate award for a TEAM victory in this competition. Every player of the winning team needs to be rewarded.
      I'm pretty sure this one is not a bug, but rather a limitation on KI's system. Clearly with the way the Fellspawn badges worked, the system information of "if then than that" is tied to the duel circle and the player conditions within the circle. Because this is one of the first six player events vice the traditional four player events, I'm fairly certain the issue is the coding/limitation of the system rules rather than a bug of not awarding. In order to fix this, KI is going to (for the first time) award badge conditions on an area rule or simply participation in a group rather than a list of comp rules for each player.

As far as those noting bugs......there is no evidence that ANY issues were changed from the last Mayhem (Meleager is still broken, the camera bug is back, etc) so I don't think anyone has actually sat down to fix the issues (probably working on Karamelle???).

RedValkyre99 is online now Wiki Master

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
      I'm pretty sure this one is not a bug, but rather a limitation on KI's system. Clearly with the way the Fellspawn badges worked, the system information of "if then than that" is tied to the duel circle and the player conditions within the circle. Because this is one of the first six player events vice the traditional four player events, I'm fairly certain the issue is the coding/limitation of the system rules rather than a bug of not awarding. In order to fix this, KI is going to (for the first time) award badge conditions on an area rule or simply participation in a group rather than a list of comp rules for each player.
      I agree with your hypothesis; however, the impact of this limitation on the players was evidently not well thought out by the developers or was dismissed as being not of importance. I want to make sure that KI understands in no uncertain terms that this is unacceptable. It's a team game and ALL players must be rewarded equitably. This isn't a nice to have item; this is essential to the health of a multi-player event focused on teamwork. Tagging @Sparck again in case I wasn't clear above. I can live with a lot of half baked content in the game but in my opinion this MUST be fixed.
      Last edited by RedValkyre99; 9-19-20 at 4:26:57 PM.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I will tip my hat to the dev teams because today i again pushed the wrong button, the one that teleport you away. BUT, this time, a warning screen appeared!

so thanks for making that change. It saved a really close battle (that we ended winning).

sparkyflamefire is online now Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Would you believe, in a losing effort:

or this

Once again, wave 3 I start in spiral, against fire boss. Hit a big myth rat aoe with death fairy mass trap in place. Then he hits us a second fire giant. I die. Flee to help get big blade in time for replacement to finish off boss with less than a minute remaining. Do I get credit for the win? Of course not.
      When this bug was identified last event we were told that we'd just have to live with it for that event, but were promised it would be fixed in time for the next event (this one). It wasn't.
      The only reason I do this event is to get the moongold dust to craft gold idols that I don't already have. It's just not a well-suited event for random team ups. Sometimes I get a lucky team up. More often we don't even finish wave 1. And when I get lucky enough to win, I don't even get credit for it? Shows how much KI really cares about the players.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 9-20-20 at 8:27:43 PM.

----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

to be honest now, most of my battles reach at least wave 2, and more than half finish it. And I'm only doing randomeers.

Wave 3 is still a bit difficult because one player alone can't compensate for all.

I don't understand the rewards bug people are talking about. When i beat wave 3, sometimes i get nothing, sometimes i get some random drops (mostly deckathalon runes and some seeds), yet I never noticed a difference between Inside and outside? Or is it something to do with the badges count? (that I dont' really pay attention at)

If you want to definitely beat wave 1, this is how:

Get a fast hitter, I mostly use rat or fairy. But also draconian set to damage is good against fire enemies.

Enter the easiest fight - storm blade for fairy, anything but ice for rat.

Put enemies in the right order : squid always goes second, rest of the time smaller enemy in front.

Kill the small one first, unless you are fighting a big fire small balance in which case you may want to kill the fire first if your team mate is decent.

select your cards really fast - you'll see that team mate will accelerate to keep the pace even if you say nothing.

As soon as it's finished, go to the next ring, either where someone is in troubles, or the one nobody took because you ended up in 3vs2 fights. Rince and repeat as above.

As soon as it dies, position yourself on the phalanx battle (I assume you know you need health and pips in between every time). 1st wave side battles can be won by a single player.

Kill it fast (don't hesitate to discard to find the right cards) and send phalanx, then go get time clam if nobody did, and then take blades.

Ye, you are doing most of the job ignoring that there are other people :D

If the boss is fire you may want to take blades first, but only in that case. Rest of the time, go phalanx always and always.

I won almost all my 1st waves using this strategy. As long as spiral has at least 5 minutes, the noobest team will win.
      With a decent team, we did it in 3 minutes!

sparkyflamefire is online now Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      to be honest now, most of my battles reach at least wave 2, and more than half finish it. And I'm only doing randomeers.

I don't understand the rewards bug people are talking about. When i beat wave 3, sometimes i get nothing, sometimes i get some random drops (mostly deckathalon runes and some seeds), yet I never noticed a difference between Inside and outside? Or is it something to do with the badges count? (that I dont' really pay attention at)
      Yes, we are talking about badges. About how, if we as a team win, only those who are actually in the spiral at the end get an increase in the number of Mayhem events completed. I started in spiral, got in some hits, died. I fled so someone could take my place, and helped get blade for spiral. We won, I have 0 of 1 events completed.

As for the rest, you make it sound so easy. And it is if you get lucky with your teammates. But what can you do if half the team doesn't do it that way? If your teammates get into a 4v2 fight that takes 10 minutes? If someone without text chat just wanders aimlessly, or lets the clock run out rather than pass?

----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post

As for the rest, you make it sound so easy. And it is if you get lucky with your teammates. But what can you do if half the team doesn't do it that way? If your teammates get into a 4v2 fight that takes 10 minutes? If someone without text chat just wanders aimlessly, or lets the clock run out rather than pass?
      basicly i'm saying you compensate for all with your char.

For example, with lvl 3 fairy, I can manage a double balance or double ice alone on first wave. Which means it doesn't matter if they waste time on another ring, the three will be completed with approximately 5 minutes left.
      On average my character plays in 2 rings every 1st wave, meaning that while the others are wondering what to do, I must already be in the next battle to help or fight.

Then sending in phalanx first will give the spiral a bit longer life, and the blades are actually powerful enough to have the noobest dumbest team hit hard enough to kill.

It's not a 100%, but works really very often. Of course it's tiresome, and consumes a lot of battle coins. Basicly you are the errand-boy of all these people. But you get points. And sometimes they see how you play and get better for second wave.

Just finished a third wave, barely lost but just because I decided not to flee on a ring outside to keep my rat, and they waited two minutes before starting third battle. Else we had the boss down to 400 hp when timer ran out and blades were incoming.
      And my best score so far is finished with a bit more than 7 1/2 minutes left.

I still believe timer is too short btw. True, it allows to not waste time with very bad teams, but a couple more minutes from start (or an extra clam) would make a big difference.

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RedValkyre99 View Post
      I agree with your hypothesis; however, the impact of this limitation on the players was evidently not well thought out by the developers or was dismissed as being not of importance. I want to make sure that KI understands in no uncertain terms that this is unacceptable. It's a team game and ALL players must be rewarded equitably. This isn't a nice to have item; this is essential to the health of a multi-player event focused on teamwork. Tagging @Sparck again in case I wasn't clear above. I can live with a lot of half baked content in the game but in my opinion this MUST be fixed.
      Totally agree that this condition cannot stay in game since it will create divisiveness (team should work together, not out race each other for a spot in Spiral in last match)......but also indicating it might take the KI team longer than usual to tackle this one, given how radically different the incorporation of six vice four group member effect on the game is.....and right now there is little evidence of ANY work on Mayhem fixes right now (so we might be stuck with this issue for awhile unfortunately).
      Last edited by Kingurz; 9-20-20 at 12:27:27 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast