ZachDragonBreath is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Limiting the number of times Combat Talents can be used? Or breaking with May-Cast?

Not sure if this is a bug, maybe it is by design, but it seems unpredictable. I was in a battle in the Death Deckathalon and I wanted to use my Leafstorm Trained for the second time in the battle. My pet had plenty of happiness, and I had not delayed any, so it should have worked, but it did what happens, you select it (it is not grayed out) and then *poof* - nothing happens.

I had run into this with a different talent - Frozen Kraken Trained (yes, I love these) and I thought it was a limit of four casts. Then I tried it with Earth Walker Trained and that seemed to happen after a time. Now with my current pet it happened after a single cast.

Some things to note
      - My pet has cast multiple times in different battles, in fact she cast twice in the next battle
      - With Frozen Kraken Trained it would actually gray out the option
      - My pet was also doing a bunch of healing may-casts, so could there be a limit to the number of may-casts/combat talents, or could the may-cast 'break' the combat talent (if they happen in the same round)?
      - Pets have plenty of happiness and cast in the next battle without happiness being added...

Just wanted to check my sanity while having fun!

Stay well...
      Last edited by ZachDragonBreath; 9-11-20 at 5:50:06 PM.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Limiting the number of times Combat Talents can be used? Or breaking with May-Cas

Quote Originally Posted by ZachDragonBreath View Post
      Not sure if this is a bug, maybe it is by design, but it seems unpredictable. I was in a battle in the Death Deckathalon and I wanted to use my Leafstorm Trained for the second time in the battle. My pet had plenty of happiness, and I had not delayed any, so it should have worked, but it did what happens, you select it (it is not grayed out) and then *poof* - nothing happens.

I had run into this with a different talent - Frozen Kraken Trained (yes, I love these) and I thought it was a limit of four casts. Then I tried it with Earth Walker Trained and that seemed to happen after a time. Now with my current pet it happened after a single cast.

Some things to note
      - My pet has cast multiple times in different battles, in fact she cast twice in the next battle
      - With Frozen Kraken Trained it would actually gray out the option
      - My pet was also doing a bunch of healing may-casts, so could there be a limit to the number of may-casts/combat talents, or could the may-cast 'break' the combat talent (if they happen in the same round)?
      - Pets have plenty of happiness and cast in the next battle without happiness being added...

Just wanted to check my sanity while having fun!

Stay well...
      The gray out can happen if you had maxed out the use of "will cast" talents. For frozen kraken, you're allowed up to 3 times per battle. I am guessing its the same thing with leafstorm.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

unicorngirl is offline Apprentice Wizard

• unicorngirl's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Deirdre Willowtail
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Limiting the number of times Combat Talents can be used? Or breaking with May-Cas

i don't know if this applies to your situation, but i have noticed that during the 2v1 fight, if the opponent in first position is defeated, leaf storm just will not cast. that's the only time i had trouble with leafstorm so far...

now one of my wiz has a pet with will cast aegis (it's armor) and my first time trying to use it i couldn't get it to work at all. no idea on that one lol but oddly enough, had the same problem in the 2v1 fight. if i took out the one in the first spot, i couldn't cast the shield again even if i should have been able to.

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

unicorngirl - I think you nailed it!

I had exactly what you describe happen a few moments. I was up against a two creatures, one lower level, and I used the leafstorm trained at the same time I cast my spell. My spell wiped out the creature in the first place and my pet (who had plenty of happiness, and had not cast before) simply did not cast. Nor in the next round. But no problem in the next battle.

I am going to try to go back and record it so you can see, but I think you are right. I think it is a bug - when the first creature is eliminated, maybe because Leafstorm is an AoE spell, your pet simply will not cast it.

Bailey Jade - I have encountered what you describe, but it grays it out for me when that happens. What is happening with Leafstorm Trained is completely different. I think unicorngirl is onto something. Will let you know.

Thank you both for responding - I think this is a bug. Will track and find out.

Stay well...

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Well you appear to be correct, unicorngirl - it is a glitch apparently caused by defeating the creature in the first spot.

Test 1 - Defeated first creature before round of Leafstorm - Leafstorm did not work

Test 2 - Defeated second creature before round of Leafstorm - Leafstorm worked like a charm

Test 3 - Defeated first creature the round of calling Leafstorm (you cast first) - Leafstorm did not work

I have video clips of these, but it definitely looks like a bug. Not sure how they program the AoE for pets, but somehow when the first opponent is defeated it confused the ability to call on your pet for the combat talent.

I am wondering now if this is what was happening with my Earthwalker Trained? Maybe I was just the eliminating the first enemy each time it glitched? Will have to test it on enemy specific abilities.

Thanks you get a gold star

davidbattleblade is offline Journeyman Wizard

• davidbattleblade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Battleblade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Lucky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I have had this happen to me in the death deckathalon as well. I used the leafstorm only once before I defeated the first minion and it was still lit up and ready to cast after 4 rounds but would not activate when just the second minion was there. Worked fine in the final battle. This was on level 10 too...Like I needed more stress... 10.2 is tough enough!!!