• XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stats On Mounts

IsaacGreenGem is offline Initiate Wizard

• IsaacGreenGem's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Isaac Ironshard(I), DragonTalon(D), DragonEyes(B), Dragon(F), StormSpear(S), WaterFountain(L)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Archie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Decade Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Stats On Mounts

I was never really a fan of giving mounts extra stats, either. I'm the kind of player who actually does like to min/max stats as much as possible, but I was never going to gamble thousands of crowns on packs just for the slim chance of getting a slight improvement.

In my crazy mind I always thought KI would maybe consider adding stats to all mounts just to make things a little more balanced and keep all mounts viable. Nope, instead they decide to make these mounts into what I like to call easy "cash grabs"... (reminding me of recent offenders like the Decennial Dragon and the extra character slot elixir) These decisions inevitably make more sense financially, but it definitely feels like more and more items (and even features) are getting a price tag slapped on them just because they can and people will buy them anyway.

Set bonuses have opened up another whole can of worms. I thought it was even a little crazy when pets started showing up in set bonuses (first thing I think of is the Road Warrior Sets) which are also locked behind crowns/packs paywalls. I can only hope that KI bothers to make more sets that aren't reliant on getting crowns gear unobtainable anywhere else (Dragoon Sets were a step in the right direction in my opinion).

I remember back when packs didn't have the best gear around, but I can definitely feel that "power creep" starting to crawl its way into newer packs (I'm looking at you, Sinbad Hoard Pack ). Overall, I feel like W101 is spiraling down the P2W path and I'm definitely not looking forward to it getting worse in the future with features like Spellement Packs.
      Isaa​c
      IronShard (130 Ice) | DragonTalon (112 Death) | DragonEyes (130 Balance) | StormSpear (111 Storm) | WaterFountain (112 Life) | Dragon (107 Fire)

Yuna is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Yuna's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Destruction Incarnate
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luci
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Demon

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

i've been contemplating whether i wanted to reply to this thread or not. my opinion on this is, they should just make the set bonus no pvp. you can still use the set if you want, the bonus just won't activate in the arena.

i agree the set bonus on this is greater than anything else we've seen. and it will give a noticeable advantage to those who have this set in pvp. those with money and/or the resources should not have that much of an advantage over those who don't. pvp should be about skills, not who has the most money to throw at this game.

what i don't agree on is the pve aspect. i don't see how this set bonus will affect pve that much if at all. pve is very easy, especially after all the nerfs to the worlds. you don't need the best stats to complete this game. the dragoon gear, which is crafted, is more than enough to effortlessly play through all the worlds. does it matter if someone else have 6% more damage and 8% more resist? if doesn't affect your game at all, not like in pvp. why does it matter if your stats is technically not the best in a non competitive environment? i just never understood that mentality at all. do i wish i had the death sinbad wand with the death damage? yes. but i don't have it, and it doesn't bother me in the slighest even if having the wand means my stats are a tiny bit better.

which is why i think the best solution, if ki decide to do anything at all, is to just make this set bonus not activate in the arena. people have already spent alot on perfecting the pets from this pack. all their resources shouldn't be completely wasted. also, the set bonus is just too much of an advantage in the arena; since the only thing you give up is some crit on the wand, and crit in pvp is 1.3x unlike pve. if anything, ki should learn to evaluate how new items affect the spiral before they are released; to prevent future dilemnas like this.
      Last edited by Yuna; 9-8-20 at 12:25:27 PM.

"Peace is but a shadow of death; desperate to forget its painful past. Though we hope for promising years,
      after shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears."

Cosmos is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Cosmos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Colin Willowwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sea Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post

what i don't agree on is the pve aspect. i don't see how this set bonus will affect pve that much if at all. pve is very easy, especially after all the nerfs to the worlds. you don't need the best stats to complete this game. the dragoon gear, which is crafted, is more than enough to effortlessly play through all the worlds. does it matter if someone else have 6% more damage and 8% more resist? if doesn't affect your game at all, not like in pvp. why does it matter if your stats is technically not the best in a non competitive environment? i just never understood that mentality at all. do i wish i had the death sinbad wand with the death damage? yes. but i don't have it, and it doesn't bother me in the slighest even if having the wand means my stats are a tiny bit better.

While I agree with your statements about pvp, I really want to focus in on your main outlying dissent.

why does it matter if your stats is technically not the best in a non competitive environment?
      do i wish i had the death sinbad wand with the death damage? yes.
      To me, that sounds like you answered your own question. To be fair, you did follow it up with...

but i don't have it, and it doesn't bother me in the slighest even if having the wand means my stats are a tiny bit better.
      Which rather seems to be a reversal of your previous position.

My perspective is that while beating the game is certainly an objective for many, being the strongest is an objective for many more. If people didn't care about that, they wouldn't be trying to squeeze every bit out of their gear even though, as you said, they could just as easily complete the game without it.

I want to be the very best.

It's not just a cheesy Pokemon theme, it's the reason people jump through so many hoops in Darkmoor, in the Catacombs, in the Pet Pavilion, etc. even after completing everything and even if they have no intention to pvp. It's a game's main way of catering to the completionist: "You've done it. You are the very best." Adding yet another piece of exclusive content behind a randomized paywall pack is an affront to this type of player.

And plus, like, c'mon now, wizards don't ride their mount into battle.

So that's the end of my principled argument as to why I think this is a bad practice in general, but I want to finish with a return to your statement about the stats not being enough to matter: At what point will you consider the stats given by pack mounts to be too much?
      Yet it cannot be called talent to slay fellow-citizens, to deceive friends, to be without faith, without mercy, without religion; such methods may gain empire, but not glory. - Machiavelli // I also write my own stuff ~

• Yuna's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Destruction Incarnate
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luci
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Demon

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
      Which rather seems to be a reversal of your previous position.
      perhaps my sentence wasn't worded properly. my main point with the retired sinbad wand example was, while it is nice to have, it's not a necessity. i think the same with this set bonus. yes it is definitely nice to have, but again not a necessity, at least for pve; to the point of wanting it changed.

So that's the end of my principled argument as to why I think this is a bad practice in general, but I want to finish with a return to your statement about the stats not being enough to matter: At what point will you consider the stats given by pack mounts to be too much?
      for me, the stats becomes too much once it becomes nearly impossible for the majority to complete mainline quests. as long as there are alternative crafted/dropped gear that makes pve questing possible, i don't mind the extra stats on mounts or set bonuses in crowns gear. as these are only incentives to spend crowns, not a necessity to progress the storyline. so far, nothing exclusive to the crowns shop is required for pve.

"Peace is but a shadow of death; desperate to forget its painful past. Though we hope for promising years,

Fredwardo is offline Master Wizard

• Fredwardo's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kyle Ironmender
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Chico
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Egg

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
      for me, the stats becomes too much once it becomes nearly impossible for the majority to complete mainline quests. as long as there are alternative crafted/dropped gear that makes pve questing possible, i don't mind the extra stats on mounts or set bonuses in crowns gear. as these are only incentives to spend crowns, not a necessity to progress the storyline. so far, nothing exclusive to the crowns shop is required for pve.
      I mentioned in a previous post that 'winning' is rather subjective. To some just being able to defeat the dungeon/boss they are doing is winning which you can do within owning a subscription. The difference for others is that they want to be able to be the best they can possibly be and 'Catch em all' like @Cosmos said. Any player who wants to be the best stat-wise should be able to obtain it without having to pay additionally on top of their subscription in my opinion.

AMAMAZING SIGGY MADE BY THE BEAUTIFUL EMERALD GEM OF LIGHT

• Yuna's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Destruction Incarnate
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luci
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Demon

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwardo View Post
      I mentioned in a previous post that 'winning' is rather subjective. To some just being able to defeat the dungeon/boss they are doing is winning which you can do within owning a subscription. The difference for others is that they want to be able to be the best they can possibly be and 'Catch em all' like @Cosmos said. Any player who wants to be the best stat-wise should be able to obtain it without having to pay additionally on top of their subscription in my opinion.
      i guess we'll have to agree to disagree. i don't have issues with crowns only gear as long as it's limited to a non competitive environment and is not a requirement for the main storyline.

there are also many other pieces of crowns gear that gives the best stat for that particular type of build. most pack wands, jade gear, the spooky carnival robe, etc. do you expect all of these to be changed? this set bonus is similar to all of those. and i would say jade gear and the carnival robe is more game breaking than this set bonus.

one more thing i want to mention. while this set bonus does give a decent amount of stats with 3 pieces, is it really the most optimal for pve? you give up crit and pierce on the wand. most schools with exception of storm and maybe fire will likely not keep 100% crit if using this wand. as for the pet, you are completely giving up an useful card, most likely a stacking blade, for a random card you will never use. look at the fire set pet, it gives an ice x-pip card. the myth and ice set pet gives a storm card. the life and storm set pet gives life fuel, which could be useful for life. but honestly a zero pip blade is much better than a 2 pip fuel. so yes while the set does increase your stats a bit, is it really the most optimal set up? the "best" isn't always just the highest damage or resist possible. you have to look at the overall picture.

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I would guess that currently the mounts don't offer much incentive to purchase or as "chase item" without them. Other than the slight difference in speed there are no other functional desires for the mount. How many people are going to buy additional mounts if cosmetics are the only driving factor? I hate the look of the mammoth mount, but the extra healing is the only reason I would equip it (it.....and several others are even offered as drops from bosses). The Ghultures are the most in demand mount out there right now.

Is the issue really stats on mounts or stats on mounts that can only be obtained in RNG packs or Crowns direct (pay to win)? Every other equipable item to include pets can change your equipment stats, why not add more diversity with mounts?
      Last edited by Kingurz; 9-8-20 at 6:05:19 PM.

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Why is everyone concerned for the prime evil pack? You know the gear is going to be trash given the boosts. Look at the last pack the gear was woeful.

JoshyWoshy is offline Legendary Wizard

• JoshyWoshy's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Joshua ____ Flame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many, many.
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Rain Beetles

Mood:
      Sluggish

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      Why is everyone concerned for the prime evil pack? You know the gear is going to be trash given the boosts. Look at the last pack the gear was woeful.
      The pet/mount/wand from the primeval pack give the stat bonuses. You're basically going to sacrifice a pet card, a small amount of critical, and pierce in exchange for more damage and 7-9% resist. The issue I have with the pack is that Kingsisle's developers are pushing this narrative that they care about balance of the game and need to audit spells in order to scale the game for the future... yet add ridiculous spellament upgrades, stats, and set bonuses only available if you pay extra money. It's insulting to the playerbase that they claim to care about game balance and at the same time milk every dime out of players who want to be competitive.

Rules Staff Friends Blog
      Game/Site questions? Message me!
      Signature by Amour

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JoshyWoshy View Post
      The pet/mount/wand from the primeval pack give the stat bonuses. You're basically going to sacrifice a pet card, a small amount of critical, and pierce in exchange for more damage and 7-9% resist. The issue I have with the pack is that Kingsisle's developers are pushing this narrative that they care about balance of the game and need to audit spells in order to scale the game for the future... yet add ridiculous spellament upgrades, stats, and set bonuses only available if you pay extra money. It's insulting to the playerbase that they claim to care about game balance and at the same time milk every dime out of players who want to be competitive.
      I see now. @Sparck can you take these concerns to the devs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast