----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Hunt Begins!

I know we're all quick to jump all over KI when something goes awry or does something we don't like and less...vocal....when things go right but I think they deserve a shout out for this Beastmoon. By far my least favorite map but here we are 3 days into it and not a peep about glitched spells or wisps that aren't really wisps. This certainly wasn't the case the last time this map was out - what a nightmare that was!

I did overhear someone say that they lost all their Tier upgrades and they were back at rank 1, but had this been a widespread issue I'm sure there would have been many posts about it here. So, maybe there are still some issues, but as far as I know nothing affecting everyone.

So, Kudos KI - it's nice to focus on actually playing instead of dealing with all the issues that arise when something is borked.

Now, about Derby....

Casp

sparkyflamefire is offline Initiate Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      New record for the most points ever in a Beastmoon Hunt? Or is it just the tier up glitch?
      Congrats. I put up a challenge a couple of events ago, and no one could beat my top score of 67, though the baron did post a 65. New king of the hill.

Wait.....349 EVENT points? Has to be a glitch. Unless you got it all in one battle.

What tier up glitch are you talking about? I tiered up my ice elf to tier 3, and it went fine.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 9-5-20 at 3:05:13 PM.

Torpzun26 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      Congrats. I put up a challenge a couple of events ago, and no one could beat my top score of 67, though the baron did post a 65. New king of the hill.

Wait.....349 EVENT points? Has to be a glitch. Unless you got it all in one battle.

What tier up glitch are you talking about? I tiered up my ice elf to tier 3, and it went fine.
      If you've tiered up a Beastform before the Beastmoon begins, in your first match you'll get spammed with +10 point messages. I'm not sure what other requirements there are to it, but it doesn't really provide an actual benefit aside from getting you 50 points from Level Ups whether you deserve it or not. I think I remember Sparck getting this glitch when we saw the preview for the Monster Mayhem on a previous KI Live.

But for a serious entry to your challenge, I present to you... third place maybe? With the new Myth Draconian.

Name:  Beastmoon 63.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  98.0 KB

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      If you've tiered up a Beastform before the Beastmoon begins, in your first match you'll get spammed with +10 point messages. I'm not sure what other requirements there are to it, but it doesn't really provide an actual benefit aside from getting you 50 points from Level Ups whether you deserve it or not. I think I remember Sparck getting this glitch when we saw the preview for the Monster Mayhem on a previous KI Live.

But for a serious entry to your challenge, I present to you... third place maybe? With the new Myth Draconian.
      t I know about that level up. Its been round since the beginning, don't think its a glitch. With that 50 pts, plus 10 pt/day for gardening, you only need 40 more pts to get the 150 lunari reward, which usually only takes me 1 or 2 matches. Get it by the end of the second day for all 6 wizards. But it wouldn't give you points at the end of a match, that's why I asked if you were talking about something else.

Congrats on the score. I find it hard to get that kind of score anymore, with the way people flee nowadays to deny you the defeat opponent points.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I was in a match just now. We were down 99-61. And someone on our team said that even if we won a spiral battle, they would still score points if one of us died. (And it's not the first time I've heard someone say that this week)

NO!! They would not. They would only score points if one of us FLED. Is that why people are so quick to flee lately? That the points are for the dying, not the fleeing?

Then there was a fire ninja pig who acted like he was in charge, telling people what to do, and criticizing them. Yet he was the one who started two battles 1v2 and I had to go bail him out both times. Then they started a spiral battle 3v4 and I bailed them out again. And while we were finishing up spiral, someone started battle at eye that turned into a 2v3. And mr. pig said someone go help eye, as everbody ran in the other direction. So I healed up and ran to eye and told everyone else to defend spiral and no more flipping. I helped pull out eye, and the epic comeback was complete.

Patrick FairyStalker is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Hot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

And someone on our team said that even if we won a spiral battle, they would still score points if one of us died. (And it's not the first time I've heard someone say that this week)

NO!! They would not. They would only score points if one of us FLED. Is that why people are so quick to flee lately? That the points are for the dying, not the fleeing?
      It's not completely false, but not completely true either.

When outside beastmoon, if you die but the mobs die within 3 rounds, you will stay in the battle and get drops (you won't get kicked out). After 3 rounds, you won't get battle credit and drops, and you will be kicked out.

The same is true in BM. If you die, but your team wins the battle within 3 rounds, then you won't get kicked back to base, and you won't give the opponent points. After 3 rounds, however, the losing team will still get some points, and you will be kicked back to base. If you know your team won't win within 3 rounds, and you can't be healed, it's advantageous to just flee.

RedValkyre99 is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Then there was a fire ninja pig who acted like he was in charge, telling people what to do, and criticizing them. Yet he was the one who started two battles 1v2 and I had to go bail him out both times. Then they started a spiral battle 3v4 and I bailed them out again. And while we were finishing up spiral, someone started battle at eye that turned into a 2v3. And mr. pig said someone go help eye, as everbody ran in the other direction. So I healed up and ran to eye and told everyone else to defend spiral and no more flipping. I helped pull out eye, and the epic comeback was complete.
      Awesome comeback; thanks for sharing! Mr. Pig sounds an awful lot like many of the players that I was paired up with. One self-appointed leader told us all not to enter battles alone (good advice) but then proceeded to get pulled into three battles himself all alone... in a single match. When we joined to try to save him, he'd invariably choose the wrong opponent not taking into account context. Don't take out the life fairy if the rat is going to aoe us all with a big blade to start the next round...

In one glorious morning, I was lucky enough to be part of an experienced group. The level of play was night and day above my random pairings and made me realize how much of a disadvantage us randoms are. There were plenty of matches where it was clear we were up against a team and had no chance. Makes me wish I had a bigger pool of beastmoon friends. I have none on my primary wiz and only two on my secondary (including Casp who I didn't get to play with at all this event - so sad).

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@BaronvonWolf, just how many hours have you spent doing the Beastmoon to have accumulated more than enough points to complete the Scroll? You are quite the dedicated, hardcore Player!

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick FairyStalker View Post
      It's not completely false, but not completely true either.

When outside beastmoon, if you die but the mobs die within 3 rounds, you will stay in the battle and get drops (you won't get kicked out). After 3 rounds, you won't get battle credit and drops, and you will be kicked out.

The same is true in BM. If you die, but your team wins the battle within 3 rounds, then you won't get kicked back to base, and you won't give the opponent points. After 3 rounds, however, the losing team will still get some points, and you will be kicked back to base. If you know your team won't win within 3 rounds, and you can't be healed, it's advantageous to just flee.
      That's not completely accurate, either. Or, at least, requires a little explanation. I have been in battles where one team was at 98 or 99 points, and the player on the other team fled. The points for fleeing are given immediately, and end the match. And then no further points are given. Whereas any points for defeating an opponent are tacked on after the battle is over.

Patrick FairyStalker is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Hot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

That's not completely accurate, either. Or, at least, requires a little explanation. I have been in battles where one team was at 98 or 99 points, and the player on the other team fled. The points for fleeing are given immediately, and end the match. And then no further points are given. Whereas any points for defeating an opponent are tacked on after the battle is over.
      Yes, that is true. I was specifically addressing this part:
      Is that why people are so quick to flee lately? That the points are for the dying, not the fleeing?
      In most cases, if you're the match is going to take too long when you're winning, just flee. That's because the opponent will eventually get points for the death, even if they lose. If the opponent is at 98-99 points, you shouldn't flee.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast