•  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Suggestion for Participation Trophies

I have been farming in Ariel Shore and Ariel Jungle for various reagents of which one was Aethyr Ore. Along the way, I was doing Silver chests for Shocked Keys as well and I don't particularly care for the Catch A Key chests but do them anyway.

I am at the point now that I don't care if I ever get the Revered Crafter Badge or not but I do know there are others that have not had much luck in getting the Participation Trophies from Dailies and don't want to PvP (NEVER should be required).

As has been stated before, getting this reagent has been an issue for many ever since they were introduced in the game. Frankly, these should be required only for crafting PvP ONLY Gear.

The last chest I did last night, I wondered why can't Participation Trophies be added as a drop from the Silver Chests as well? @Sparck, could this be another option to obtaining those coveted Participation Trophies? I would very much like to suggest this to the Devs.

If a player is only getting about 2 or 3 Shocked Keys from the chest during several hours of reagent farming, then why wouldn't this work as well for Participation Trophies. Not all players like doing Silver Chests but would prefer it over doing PvP.

Fallon WinterLeaf

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Suggestion for Participation Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      I have been farming in Ariel Shore and Ariel Jungle for various reagents of which one was Aethyr Ore. Along the way, I was doing Silver chests for Shocked Keys as well and I don't particularly care for the Catch A Key chests but do them anyway.

I am at the point now that I don't care if I ever get the Revered Crafter Badge or not but I do know there are others that have not had much luck in getting the Participation Trophies from Dailies and don't want to PvP (NEVER should be required).

As has been stated before, getting this reagent has been an issue for many ever since they were introduced in the game. Frankly, these should be required only for crafting PvP ONLY Gear.

The last chest I did last night, I wondered why can't Participation Trophies be added as a drop from the Silver Chests as well? @Sparck, could this be another option to obtaining those coveted Participation Trophies? I would very much like to suggest this to the Devs.

If a player is only getting about 2 or 3 Shocked Keys from the chest during several hours of reagent farming, then why wouldn't this work as well for Participation Trophies. Not all players like doing Silver Chests but would prefer it over doing PvP.
      I only do the dailies in patches, mostly when it double crowns, tickets etc and during the Spiral Showcase. During those periods I do both accounts and have found I've picked up quite a few without realizing it. Maybe if you are only doing it with only one wizard the odds are harder, where as with 12 wizards it's 12 chances every 5 days.

I think growing Key Limes is the best way for Shocked Keys but I do see them in the bazaar sometimes.
      Last edited by lethargy101; 8-26-20 at 2:59:11 PM.

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      I only do the dailies in patches, mostly when it double crowns, tickets etc and during the Spiral Showcase. During those periods I do both accounts and have found I've picked up quite a few without realizing it. Maybe if you are only doing it with only one wizard the odds are harder, where as with 12 wizards it's 12 chances every 5 days.

I think growing Key Limes is the best way for Shocked Keys but I do see them in the bazaar sometimes.

I do have Key Limes on each account. But as I said, I am at the point I don't care whether I get Revered or not.

I am also bored stiff with Dailies. I do them if I do the Spiral Showcase but that is all. By not taking the time to do them lately, I have actually put more time into questing which is why I play Wizard101.

I made this suggestion mainly because I know there are others who don't want to do PvP and aren't having any more luck with Dailies than I had.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Kris is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Kris's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kristen StarGem / Miranda / Grace DragonRider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Phoebe
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dryad

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I really like the idea of the participation trophies being dropped by the silver chests, or even maybe a boss or something. Personally I don't really do dailies, I tried them for a while but didn't have any luck and gave up, so I basically have no way to obtain the trophies. I honestly gave up on crafting my staff because I truly have no interest in PvP, especially as a crowns player. I've read that tournaments are a good way to obtain them but again, I don't want to PvP. Too stressful and time consuming, lol. It should stay an optional part of the game.

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      I do have Key Limes on each account. But as I said, I am at the point I don't care whether I get Revered or not.

I am also bored stiff with Dailies. I do them if I do the Spiral Showcase but that is all. By not taking the time to do them lately, I have actually put more time into questing which is why I play Wizard101.

I made this suggestion mainly because I know there are others who don't want to do PvP and aren't having any more luck with Dailies than I had.
      I don't blame you KI has gone insane with crafting recipes since Empyrea, rather than being in line with in the past. I'm bored of dailies too which is why I have cut back on them. I will be cutting back on gardening again after an intense period to trade Empowers, with limited gardens for reagents. I've also pretty much stopped on pets except for event points, although I won't try so much for Autumn Scroll under current changes.

I know you don't want to PVP but you can do it with an empty deck and lose straightaway, do that 3 times and you'll still earn Arena tickets.

Key Limes multiply so quickly and if you can get say 25+ seeds, you'll likely have enough shocked Keys by elder harvest. Certain far less effort than silver chests.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      I don't blame you KI has gone insane with crafting recipes since Empyrea, rather than being in line with in the past. I'm bored of dailies too which is why I have cut back on them. I will be cutting back on gardening again after an intense period to trade Empowers, with limited gardens for reagents. I've also pretty much stopped on pets except for event points, although I won't try so much for Autumn Scroll under current changes.

I know you don't want to PVP but you can do it with an empty deck and lose straightaway, do that 3 times and you'll still earn Arena tickets.

Key Limes multiply so quickly and if you can get say 25+ seeds, you'll likely have enough shocked Keys by elder harvest. Certain far less effort than silver chests.
      Thank you. But I don't know of anything that would push me to enter the PvP arena again.

I have stated several times, I won't do it to even throw the match and give another player a false win. Players should PvP ONLY if they like doing it. This is also why I don't do Beastmoon or any of the other events. I don't enjoy it so why do it???

Fallon WinterLeaf

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I just had a thought - perhaps each wizard account could be awarded a Participation Trophy for each anniversary since the account's creation, if the member has logged in to play sometime during the past year. That way, older accounts for regular players could be awarded sufficient trophies to get the main wizard through the Revered Crafting quest, and dormant accounts could be ignored.

I don't personally need any more trophies -- I have collected more than enough on each of my wizards, and all but one of my wizards are a long way away from needing them. It's baffling to me that there are members who have not gotten enough of them from Daily Assignments along the way -- that's some really bad luck.

I only do the Daily Assignment outside of a Spiral Showcase if it's a "Visit" anymore, because, like you, I prefer to spend my limited game time working on questing.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Meggs is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Meggs's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Megan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

This would be a good addition to add to the silver chests

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I just had a thought - perhaps each wizard account could be awarded a Participation Trophy for each anniversary since the account's creation, if the member has logged in to play sometime during the past year. That way, older accounts for regular players could be awarded sufficient trophies to get the main wizard through the Revered Crafting quest, and dormant accounts could be ignored.

I don't personally need any more trophies -- I have collected more than enough on each of my wizards, and all but one of my wizards are a long way away from needing them. It's baffling to me that there are members who have not gotten enough of them from Daily Assignments along the way -- that's some really bad luck.

I only do the Daily Assignment outside of a Spiral Showcase if it's a "Visit" anymore, because, like you, I prefer to spend my limited game time working on questing.

That's a good idea too. I hadn't thought of doing one for anniversary.

It is baffling that so many aren't getting them.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Allison DeathWielder is offline Archmage Wizard

• Allison DeathWielder's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  (I'm male irl) Allison | Roslyn | Emily | Bailey | Morgan | Calamity | Destiny
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Considering the quest is literally named after Silver Chests, and Ignus makes special mention of them in his dialogue, it is kind of odd that only one of the needed reagents drops from them. Participation trophies being a rarer Silver Chest reward would make a lot of sense to give the chests more relevance to the quest while also making the trophies easier to obtain.

1 account, 7 Wizards. Over 10 years of adventure

Sig and pfp made with help from Ashley SandFlower

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast