----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The critical ceiling calculated

I came upon the secrets of the critical ceiling, the critical rating required to get 100% critical chance.

Once karamelle releases and 140 becomes the max level, the critical ceiling will be 880 critical rating.

The critical ceiling/cap increases by about 4.225 rating per level, or 42.25 rating per 10 levels. Since the critical cap at lvl 130 is 838, the critical cap at lvl 140 will be 880 - 883.

From lvl 110 to 120, the crit cap goes from 750 to 795, increasing by 45 rating. From lvl 120 to 130, the cap goes from 795 to 838, increasing 43.

The critical ceiling increases pretty much linearly.

I came across this finding since I was trying to get high crit on my 90 life. The simple explanation is that I've messed around with my gear and critical rating, and realized that my critical percentage is becoming linear with my critical rating.

I currently have 412 critical rating. Knowing the rate of critical rating per percentage, I calculated the amount of critical percentage I'd gain if I completed my critical pet getting 102 more rating.

So at 514 rating, I'd have like 77% crit. Assuming that my crit rating has become linear with critical percentage, I calculated 514 / 0.77 = 667.5. So I'm predicting the critical cap of 667.5.

(one assumption I have is that once critical goes even higher than my current ratings, the rate of critical percent per rating slows down. As I know the critical rating per percentage for my current quantity of rating, I could use that ratio to calculate the rating needed to increase my crit percentage to 100%, but that would result in a cap of around 630-640. So my theory to explain why the critical cap is higher than that, is that the rate of critical percent per rating slows down.)

Since lvl 90 is halfway between lvl 50 and 130, I wondered if the critical cap increased half the amount that the critical cap increased from lvl 50 to 130.

So the critical cap increased 338 from 500 to 838. Halfway between that is 669, which is pretty much what I calculated my lvl 90 critical cap as. This led me to believe that the critical ceiling linearly increases.

After that I searched the critical caps for lvl 110 and 120, and the numbers pretty much fit. I can't verify the critical ceilings for the other levels, but it's proven that from lvl 110 to 130, critical rating increases about 43-45 per level.

Edit: Did a little more testing. Below is the critical rating and percentages.
      403: 55% (54.6%)
      363: 47% (46.6%)
      323: 38% (38.4%)

From 323 to 363, gained 9%. 363 to 402 gained 8%.
      So this suggests there's deceleration of critical percentage growth. Another possibility is that, there's certain "ranges" where you can gain more critical rating, so the growth of critical percent could be higher at the higher ratings, just that I haven't entered those "ranges".

I tend to think that critical growth is decelerating to a slower speed, so critical percentage is not fully exponential.
      Last edited by sparkfiredust; 8-11-20 at 7:10:17 PM.