okay101 is offline Magus Wizard

Mood:
      Meh!

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The Critical Healing Nerf?

I haven't posted on central in quite sometime,but I had to come here and rant. Why? That's my only question towards this critical healing nerf. I understand that jading/stallers are a problem, but I think the problem lies within the resistance and incoming heal, more than their critical healing.

I just dropped 25k crowns on jewel packs yesterday, in order to get the incoming healing jewels I needed for my balance. My Catnap(525 health and stun yourself for 2 pips) would heal me 1,700 with crit. This is a crucial spell for balance in pvp. Now with the new critical update, it hardly heals me 960. What am I supposed to do with a 960 heal that stuns me for 2 pips? I spent all those hours working on a pet that just became Garbage, basically.

As for availing and helping hands, both are just useless now. With my 40% heal boost and critical, an availing hands with radical attached hardly heals me 525 per turn. Before it was around 870. I'm sorry, but a 525 per-turn heal, IF I critical, in pvp- that's totally useless. Especially when I am facing a strong opponent, Balance is arguably the worst school this meta, and after this critical nerf, I'm tired. I'm just plain tired. I've been on this game for 11 years, being loyal to one of the most overlooked schools, only to have all the hard work i've done these past few weeks, all for nothing.

Sorry to sound like a pessimist, I just had to rant. For the first time in 11 years, I won't be doing balance pvp.

My Thoughts: INCOMING healing, and resist are the problem with Jades/Stallers in pvp, not the critical heal itself.
      Last edited by okay101; 8-6-20 at 11:40:10 PM.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: The Critical Healing Nerf?

I don't think Kingsisle will deal with the Critical Healing problem until 5th Age and believe me, 5th age is likely going to drastically change the entire Meta of PvP. Kingsisle is well aware of the problems in PvP made by Jade Gear and critical healing but there's no point in changing it now in 4th age if its going to update in 5th age. I don't PvP at all for many reasons but I'm confident that the next PvP age will catch some attention from people that had previously never tried the competitive play.

As for how it will change, nobody really knows because critical healing is only one of many many changes that will happen. But until then you'll just have to suffer and press on. People that just use Jade gear to win are jerks because I'm pretty sure its common knowledge that it is pretty unfair even though it is ultimately just a strategy that works for the win. But don't let that discourage you because not everybody is like that. There are people just like you who are also frustrated for the same reason you are.

PvP is incredibly broken right now however there is light at the end of the tunnel, or so it seems...
      P.S. Remember the good old days of 3rd age. What a terrible but simple time I got Warlord in 3rd age and no way am I even good at pvp whatsoever. Though, I did make it into Tourney leaderboards for a while!
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 8-7-20 at 12:30:10 AM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

daniel1311 is offline Magus Wizard

• daniel1311's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Daniel Battlefist
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lady Roxy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Meh!

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I agree that there is a problem that needs fixing, but i disagree with you on what it is.

Incoming heal and resist (apart from jade gear) while still needing re-balancing, aren't inherently the problem in my opinion. I have always, since celestia came out that is, disliked critical and block. Ever since it was announced, I have never liked the fact that they added yet more "chance" to the game that I consider a strategy game. While i see how it gave the game a fresh mechanic, I knew that eventually people would be able to reach 100% just like power pips, and just like accuracy, it was only a matter of time. Now the time has come, and only certain schools can achieve that 100%. While that would be well and good, it does not feel balanced to me. When two max level wizards of different schools both hit with the same amount of pips, and one wizard does almost four times more damage than the other, it just doesn't seem right to me.

Anyways, i'm off topic and i apologize. I agree that the nerf is a bad move on kingsisle's part. It use to give not only the healing school (life) but other schools with healing spells the chance to boost their heals which is sorely needed with our ever increasing health. I am especially disappointed because i recently crafted the grendel's amends spell on my myth wizard, and having it critical is one of the main reasons i stopped using life mastery amulet instead of this spell since it was much more efficient to obtain myth critical than to get incoming/outgoing heal boosts.

Since I believe this update is only the first of many changes to come, I am preparing myself for more nerfs like this to resist, incoming and outgoing heal and critical.

Spoiler
      Click pic to check out thread
      Siggy by Spiritshadow

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I really don't mind that crit healing got nerfed. But my issue is the fact Outgoing on life gear is often terrible. Without a viable strategy it makes it harder for life to heals to catch up to shadow spell or any cheat bosses do that do massive damage.

sparkfiredust is offline Novice Wizard

• sparkfiredust's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Steven DragonFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Kitty
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Crit healing got nerfed in pvp (going to be double heal in pve).

I think it was already unbalanced when critical attacks were nerfed to 1.25 / 1.3, while critical heals were allowed to have the full critical value. Before crit was released with celestia, attacks and heals were balanced, but after the crit nerfs, attacks had a 1.25 crit ratio while heals crit for double.

At grandmaster pvp, a crit availing hands (from pet) does almost 2400 healing, while a crit fire dragon would do 1600 damage. Not only does a fire dragon cost almost double the pips (4 power pips), but it also deals less damage. Sure, one can always use infection, but the old crit heals looked very unbalanced. The crit avaling with infection would still heal 1200. High healing makes resist setups such as glendemmings + proof defy (and wards) even more overpowered, and makes it way easier to just go for a 'jade' 70% resist setup with glendemmings, as opposed to "less optimal" gear setups. The glendemmings gear is overpowered, and almost prevents people from running other setups, since the raw stats from glendemmings are just better than other gear pieces. Crit heals although rare definitely helped the tanky glendemmings setup, and made glendemmings even better and other gear sets worse. I've run wintertusk crafted hat and robe in grandmaster pvp, and the damage is similar to glendemmings (since the extra pip chance on glendemmings enables them to run the duelist damage ring and athama without pip failing), but significantly more frail. Glendemmings robe and boots are undoubtedly the best until legendary, unless the anti-resist gear setup I'm making proves to be good!!! :P

Other pvp things that got nerfed were infallible pets, which made resist stackers even better.
      Last edited by sparkfiredust; 8-7-20 at 1:01:42 PM.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by daniel1311 View Post
      I agree that there is a problem that needs fixing, but i disagree with you on what it is.

Incoming heal and resist (apart from jade gear) while still needing re-balancing, aren't inherently the problem in my opinion. I have always, since celestia came out that is, disliked critical and block. Ever since it was announced, I have never liked the fact that they added yet more "chance" to the game that I consider a strategy game. While i see how it gave the game a fresh mechanic, I knew that eventually people would be able to reach 100% just like power pips, and just like accuracy, it was only a matter of time. Now the time has come, and only certain schools can achieve that 100%. While that would be well and good, it does not feel balanced to me. When two max level wizards of different schools both hit with the same amount of pips, and one wizard does almost four times more damage than the other, it just doesn't seem right to me.

Anyways, i'm off topic and i apologize. I agree that the nerf is a bad move on kingsisle's part. It use to give not only the healing school (life) but other schools with healing spells the chance to boost their heals which is sorely needed with our ever increasing health. I am especially disappointed because i recently crafted the grendel's amends spell on my myth wizard, and having it critical is one of the main reasons i stopped using life mastery amulet instead of this spell since it was much more efficient to obtain myth critical than to get incoming/outgoing heal boosts.

Since I believe this update is only the first of many changes to come, I am preparing myself for more nerfs like this to resist, incoming and outgoing heal and critical.
      I'm guessing Critical Wildbolt wasn't changed? I don't understand how it is fair that a storm wizard can do 4000+ damage with two pips and do it constantly.

Also what's everybody's opinion on critical restriction? Spells that cannot in any instance be critical... I think that rule could work out some problems (not all obviously)

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)