Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: KI Lies(Live)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stormbringer View Post
      The Spring update is one of the best things that happened to dedicated pet trainers. I can now take multiple pets to ultra in less than 10 minutes- an impossibility prior to spring. Players who know how to read genomes now can utilize the much cheaper adult to adult hatches to modify their talent pools. The pet promenade offers free hatches for the times you do need to hatch the more expensive ultra pets, it offers free purreaus and free hatch elixirs. Not to mention-every pet in the game can be hatched instantly for gold.
      But what about casual players? Players get a free pet much earlier in the main game- the free pet is automatically leveled to teen AND gets an immediate useful talent. Then on top of that casual players now gain passive exp while questing- leveling their pets up for them.
      Back in the day before the Kiosk, I remember begging other people in the Hatchery for a hatch. I of course had a horrible pet, and nobody with a decent pet was inclined to help out. At the time I was unaware of Central's Helpful Hatchers, so I was on my own. It wasn't until the Kiosk came out that I was able to seriously start perfecting my pets.
      The Spring Pets update wasn't all bad- the skip game feature shines the brightest here, the Pet Promenade is great (The final reward should display properly though), and the "Pet Happiness" was an alright change. But more than doubling the Kiosk prices, increasing hatching timers, and reverting back to the Mesozoic era should be shamed.
      While the Spring Update may be a great boon for the established fanbase who was here for Double Seeds, it is a living nightmare for everyone else. All to often I see Players bypass newer/inexperienced/younger Player's gameplay, which is disappointing. I always try to look out for young wizards, since I vividly remember being one myself. The hours upon hours spent aimlessly grinding, the weeks spent in the hatchery begging for somebody to hatch with me, the days farming Rotting Fodder for XP... It was not pleasant, and yet the Devs seemingly have forgotten all of this, along with many Players.

Let me break it down for you.
      Most hatches in the Kiosk cost at least 90,000 gold- double what it once was. Sure, you may have the resources and gardens to support that playstyle, but newer members do not. Players who are just starting out don't have a web of perfect, or even good pets that they can use to self-hatch with in the Hatchery. And it is all the more likely that newer and younger Players haven't heard of, or are even allowed on fansites where they can connect with others. So what must they do? Beg for hatches, or pay double.
      Double Seeds (Which was shown to be intended!) no longer exists, so it is much more difficult for new Players to get a garden up and running... Which means less Mega Snacks and less gold production, and a harder road for pet training. Ironic, considering that KingsIsle wants to improve FTUE!
      And yes, hatching with two adult pets in the Kiosk is cheaper than ever before- but to perfect a pet, it is better to hatch with Mega pets that have all of the talents manifested, so I do not consider this an option.

The new pets Players get are not a viable option for training, since they are No Trash, No Trade, No Auction- if you start hatching with them, then good luck getting rid of the rejects! The Piggle you get from unlocking Pet Pavilion is much better, and that's saying something!
      The fact that you can instantly hatch a pet for gold is no favor either, seeing how popular 5 Minute Timer pets now have timers around 4 hours. Sure, this might be great for pets whose timers were several hours before, but the vast majority of pet timers were 5 minutes. You could easily spend over 100K gold per hatch if you ended the timer early!

This pet update made achieving a perfect pet practically impossible for new Players. Disagree? Then try starting a new account and see how long it takes you to create a Triple Double. But to keep things realistic, do it all without the use of fansites, without buying Crowns unless they are on sale, and without the use of Text Chat. This update only benefits the elite at the top of the pyramid- but everyone else has suffered for it.

I should also mention that in the Spring Update, KingsIsle released a new "Gold For Crowns" bundle in the Crown Shop. You claim that they are not money hungry, yet I find it quite suspicious that in this gold heavy update they did this... Nobody in their right mind would ever buy Gold for Crowns, but younger Players might not know that... This is yet another example of how KingsIsle loves to prey on its most vulnerable Players!

I disagree- especially since none of these spells are necessary in either PvP or PvE. Right now it seems your definition of pay to win is "pay to obtain faster" instead of pay to win.
      Let us suppose two opponents in the Arena are both hitting with Spiritual Tribunal. They both have maxed out their stats in every possible way, and have perfect gear. Player "One" has upgraded it all the way. Player "Two" has not upgraded it at all. Player One will obviously win, since their spell deals more damage and has a chance to put up a universal trap.

"Pay To Win" does not necessarily mean "pay for the best items in this current meta". It means that if someone pays for "X", then they will have an unfair advantage over someone who has not paid for X. Does that mean people who pay will always win? Of course not! But will they always have an additional advantage because they paid? Yes.

We've already discussed Kroger jewels which are absolutely not necessary to win- hence failing the definition of pay to win. The best wands in PvE(Sinbad's) can be farmed. The best PvP wands(the new celestia wands) are the only recent addition that can categorically be defined as pay to win since the advantages they offer are enough to significantly alter your chance to win. The Ghulture's mount have a 1%(that's ONE)advantage over the damage mounts you can acquire for free. The definition of pay to win is exactly what's at contention here. Your definition is any advantage that cannot be acquired for free. My definition is something that significantly alters your chances to win that cannot be acquired for free.
      Again, Kroger Jewels may not be needed to secure a victory- but that extra effect of Maycast Brace, Mass-Feint, Mass Legion Shield, Incindiate, and Wildbolt offer a painfully obvious advantage to those who have them. And that is the literal definition of pay to win- an advantage garnered by spending money. Even if that advantage is 1% Damage, it is still an advantage- hence why the Ghulture mounts are all PTW! This minuscule difference may not be recognized everyday, but there are times where having 1% more damage would mean knocking out the other Wizard.

Value is subjective- For many invested players- none of these bundles make sense to purchase. However, for a new player- they may indeed want to shortcut the process by which they get energy gear or pet snacks etc. Hence why these items are convenience. You keep saying there are better ways for KI to make money yet you haven't offered any. You want KI to stop making what you consider P2W gear and you want them to stop making cosmetics/convenience bundles. So how should they make their money? Vague platitudes about keeping the game fun mean next to nothing since everyone's definition of fun is different. I had fun figuring out how to solo the Storm Titan- I'm sure not many players share that predilection.
      These bundles may be a convenience for some, but they are still incredibly predatory- which, I note, you have not addressed. Players are much better off buying Areas with those Crowns- for instance, purchasing Northguard so that they can farm for Couch Potato Seeds. Heck, they are better off buying seeds directly from the Crown Shop than buying these bundles!

I already said how KingsIsle can make more money- by improving the quality of the game, thus luring in more Players and subsequently, their wallets. And they can keep making Crowns-Only gear/spells, but banning it from the Arena would solve the issues of how PTW the Arena is.
      Here are a few ideas as to how KingsIsle can improve their game:
      • 1st Arc Graphics Update. The Wizard City update was immensely popular with the fanbase, and many have pushed for updating the reamining worlds in the 1st Arc.
      • Fix grinding. Players must spend hours upon hours grinding at level 30, 60, 100, 110, 120, 125, and 130 for the best gear. Creating a system that fixes this would vastly improve the game.
      • The FTUE for gardening/pets is in tatters right now. Fixing this up would help retain younger and newer Players, an important job for any company that wishes to grow.
      • Make Spellements easily obtainable from a "Loremaster" like boss, and split Loremaster's spells with another boss.
      • Bring back Classic Crown Sales!
      • Audit all of the "Defeat & Collect" quests in Azteca and Khrysalis.
      • Update Pirate101
      • Stop making mobile games
      • Fix Resist
      • Fox the issue of insanely hard cheating bosses

Non-Pay to win-MC Mana Burn- Not meta relevant(hasn't been for years)-Sinbad Wands- Farmable-Spellements- (Newest ones are the only pack locked ones) + new spells not needed-GH Lore Spells- craftable-Death Sinbad Wand- Irrelevant- it was a bug and the bug was fixed-Low Level PvP- Best Low Level gear is the pvp gear with the exception of the boots-Crowns rewards events- we don't see eye to eye on this-Kroger Jewels- Not necessary-Classic Crowns Sale-
      The Mana Burn Wand is PTW, as a Player who has it who is dueling a Player with a free wand will always have an unfair advantage. The Sinbad and Celestia Wands may be more "meta", but that is besides the point here. The Kroger Jewels are also PTW, which I explained previously in this post.

Consider this-Membership benefits every weekend-Tournaments now cost gold-Magic mirror now costs gold-Hatching any pet now costs gold instead of crowns-25k+ crowns monthly giveaway on KI Live-Sponsoring member hosted contests-Numerous code and crowns giveaways-Hosted contest(just hosted photomancy contest where they gave out more than 100k crowns)-New events are free-Free monthly reward tab from events-Free items from the scroll of fortune
      So? Tournaments cost gold because KingsIsle needs more data for 5th Age PvP. The Magic Mirror costs gold because KingsIsle updated our faces. Pet hatching as I have already discussed is worse off than ever before, along with the Kroger Jewels. Just because KingsIsle hosts contests and gives away Crowns on KI Live, doesn't justify their predatory PTW practices.

@Carlos Earthrider

I discussed why I care so deeply about this game in my Dear KingsIsle thread, and why I will continue to push for change. I have been playing this game for over 11 years, and I enjoy it! I do not want to see this game be shut down because of KingsIsle's incompetency, so I will continue to push for change- by posting here and by sealing my wallet tight.

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 8-7-20 at 2:50:15 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

sparkfiredust is offline Novice Wizard

• sparkfiredust's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Steven DragonFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Kitty
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I can disprove half of these complaints.

Hatching costs
      The way to get a 5 talent pet, is to first collect all 5 talents into your pool (unmanifested or manifested), then hatching adult bases and slowly building towards ancient and epic bases (pretty much ferric's method). I would first get a starter pet with 2 good talents I want (proof defy). Then I would go to kiosk and hatch with an ancient pet (40k gold, not pricier than before spring update) with the three remaining talents I want (i.e. storm-dealer, storm-giver, pain-giver). This way, the pet has a 95%+ chance of getting all of the talents into the pool (unmanifested). There's a very high chance the pet fails before adult, but just keep hatching the two pets until one adult succeeds. Now that you have one pet with the 5 talents in the pool, just make a second base by hatching an adult pet with an ancient pet with the three other talents you want.

Once you have your two bases, you can self hatch (in the hatching sigil) them together until a baby successfully gets to ancient (10k gold per hatch). Then hatch your ancient and adult pets (15k gold?) to get the second ancient base. Then hatch your ancient and ancient (20k gold?) bases until one of the babies gets to epic. You can just hatch ancient+epic (30k gold?), and train it to mega. Or hatch a second epic base and then do epic+epic (40k gold?) and train the babies to mega.

Note: always check that your new hatched pet has all 5 talents in pool, cause reasons too long to explain.

I made a post here on central that strongly suggests that adult+mega pet hatches have a higher chance of failure than adult+adult, so it's not even "right" / optimal to hatch 90k in the kiosk, unless you already have an epic pet, but even then I assume it's riskier since the chance of failure is higher when hatching with mega pets (in theory, I haven't tested). There's more "secrets" to pet hatching (that I messily wrote in a thread), but it would take a huge post to describe it clearly.

(Also, if you ever need to hatch with a mega pet (which is unadvised unless using ferric's pet copying method), then you can get free hatch elixirs from pet promenade. I easily got 5 free elixirs from the promenade using 5 characters.)

Crowns sales.

I actually have "evidence" there will be a crowns sale this month (probably tomorrow or the 15th)

If I'm allowed to link youtube, this is my theory why there is definitely a crowns sale this week.

Spell nerfs and PvE

Gnomes got changed, but it's actually stronger for PvE, since the 30% heal boost is extremely good. My lvl 90 life has 70% outgoing and soon to be 70% crit, with the 30% heal boost, my crit satyr does 2*1.7*1.3*860=3801 hp for four pips, or 877 bonus heal thanks to the heal blade. Against all bosses other than life, the gnomes change is a clear buff.

Spell damage not nerfed, but boss health got nerfed. Example, glowbugs from 1120 to 940. 940/1120 = 83.9%. Damage nerfed to 83.9%, boss and mob health nerfed to 80%. Clear buff, since the mob healths were reduced more than damage.

Then, glowbugs with epic enchant was nerfed from 1120+300 to 940+300. 1240/1420=87.3%. The damage was actually only nerfed to 87.3%. Any claims that PvE damage was nerfed, are not true. PvE was actually buffed.

Grizzleheim lore spells are too hard

I just came back to wiz like a month or two ago, and in the last week or two I've started preparing to craft rat spin. I have 150 agave nectars already (from 3 sesssions in 3 days), and I basically just need the tcs and amber, tcs I can buy for empowers and amber I've started farming and gardening for.

I made a guide on my youtube channel if anyone needs to get agave nectar. The method easily nets 15+ agave nectar per hour, so you can get 150 in 10 hours.

The other complaints I don't really disagree with.
      Last edited by sparkfiredust; 8-7-20 at 3:34:05 PM.

Yuna is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Yuna's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Destruction Incarnate
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luci
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Demon

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      This pet update made achieving a perfect pet practically impossible for new Players. Disagree? Then try starting a new account and see how long it takes you to create a Triple Double. But to keep things realistic, do it all*without*the use of fansites, without buying*Crowns*unless they are on sale, and without the use of Text Chat. This update only benefits the elite at the top of the pyramid- but everyone else has suffered for it.
      i disagree with this. not just a week ago, i actually did try this and it's not impossible to make pets using the kiosk post update. i did this little project on my sister's account. she doesn't care for pet training or anything not questing related so she didn't even have a decent base pet on her account. i gave myself several restrictions when starting this project:

- kiosk or self hatching only. (not hatching with pets from my account since that defeats the purpose of this.)
      - no halfang farming for gold or even gardening sources for gold.
      - use whatever snacks she had on her account. no gardening for megas or buying mega snack packs.

i started with an armament with proof and medic. since that was the best base pet she had. my end goal was a triple double ice pet with 10% dealer. it wasn't that difficult to search for a pet that met my specifications. i didn't even use the search for talents option since i figured new players wouldn't know what talents to search for anyways. took me less than 2 minutes to find a pet each time. the pet i hatched with was 75k gold. and just waited out the 4 hour timer since i was trying to conserve gold. the only source of gold for this project was loremaster farming, since i was farming on my account and had my sister tag along. but i quick sold everything, which is only a fraction of what you would get if you sell at the bazaar, to mirror the gold income of someone new.

the end result? the ice triple double pet took me a week to make. 9 hatches total. 6 hatches at the kiosk at 75k per hatch. 3 self hatches at 30k per hatch. the last hatch was just a precautionary hatch so wasn't even needed. and one of the hatches was free since this was during the most recent pet prominade event. now the one pet i took to mega i did use a few energy elixirs. but even waiting on energy, this project wouldn't have taken me more than ten days.

so no, the update at the kiosk doesn't make pet hatching more difficult.
      Last edited by Yuna; 8-7-20 at 3:38:20 PM.

"Peace is but a shadow of death; desperate to forget its painful past. Though we hope for promising years,
      after shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears."

Cosmos is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Cosmos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Colin Willowwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sea Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Earthrider View Post
      I come from the depths of not posting in years to say that y'all need to stop wasting your time debating pointlessly here. If you want change do something about it. If you hate pay to win, don't pay to win. If you don't want people to buy "predatory" sales or packs, don't buy them or give your kid your credit card number. If you want the fancy new spells, pay for them. If you don't want to or don't care (me), wait until they're craftable and do it that way. Also, complaining about having to grind for good things in a game is amusing to me.

PvP should be completely separate from PvE.

As for all the KI hypocrisy I don't really see any point in whining about it. It's their game, it's our choice to play it or not.
      Going to jump in here and disagree, especially with that last line. Maybe if this was a free game this argument would have some merit, but it isn't. It is, in fact, a very expensive game to play.

Many users have invested time and money playing this game, with some having done so back when they felt good about doing it. Investors, such as myself, expect to have their voice heard when it comes to the affairs of what they have invested in.

I will say this, Wizard101 may be KI's IP but it is the community's game.

Furthermore, I don't think you are wrong when you say that the wallet speaks loudest, but I do believe you are applying this in a way that is very narrow. The spirit behind this thread (at least I hope) is: "Maybe if KI did X thing better they would be better off financially and have a stronger community to boot."
      Yet it cannot be called talent to slay fellow-citizens, to deceive friends, to be without faith, without mercy, without religion; such methods may gain empire, but not glory. - Machiavelli // I also write my own stuff ~

WarWeaver is offline Adept Wizard

• WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Back in the day before the Kiosk, I remember begging other people in the Hatchery for a hatch. I of course had a horrible pet, and nobody with a decent pet was inclined to help out. At the time I was unaware of Central's Helpful Hatchers, so I was on my own. It wasn't until the Kiosk came out that I was able to seriously start perfecting my pets.
      I remember those days. Good times, good timesHowever, I also remember how I went out to farm/buy(Using gold)first generation pets with the talents I was looking for and hatching them together to make my own pets instead of wasting my time looking for someone with a perfect pet who had no interest in hatching. It took some time but I managed just fine and this was before the kiosk or member benefits even existed. Newer players don't even have to train first generations pets for talents to make their own pets like I did thanks to the kiosk. If I could do it back then, surely they could do it now, especially with the cheaper hatch costs between lower age pets.

Most hatches in the Kiosk cost at least 90,000 gold- double what it once was.
      If you hatch using two pets with a pedigree of 65 or lower you won't be spending more then around 40 something thousand gold. The update made it harder to hatch with higher pedigree pets in the kiosk but there are still completed pets with pedigrees of 65 or less in the kiosk players can hatch with if they don't want to spend that much.

Although I don't recommend it, they can also go to the hatchery and look for someone with a completed pet to hatch with since the price is cut in half for hatches done there, which I find funny because I remember how some people didn't like how the kiosk interfered with the social aspect of hatching or something and now there are 75,000-100,000 hatch prices that will make others more likely to seek out completed pet hatches at the hatchery instead of the kiosk. It could merely be coincidence, though.

Sure, you may have the resources and gardens to support that playstyle, but newer members do not. Players who are just starting out don't have a web of perfect, or even good pets that they can use to self-hatch with in the Hatchery. And it is all the more likely that newer and younger Players haven't heard of, or are even allowed on fansites where they can connect with others. So what must they do? Beg for hatches, or pay double.
      Double Seeds (Which was shown to be intended!) no longer exists, so it is much more difficult for new Players to get a garden up and running... Which means less Mega Snacks and less gold production, and a harder road for pet training. Ironic, considering that KingsIsle wants to improve FTUE!
      Pets with a bunch of helpful talents are great to have but they are not necessary to get you through PvE. If players don't have the resources to make their ideal pet then they can put it on hold until later. That's practically what everyone who hasn't directly bought a bunch of seeds from the crown shop has done. They quest through the game without a ideal pet and work on one when they can afford to.

And yes, hatching with two adult pets in the Kiosk is cheaper than ever before- but to perfect a pet, it is better to hatch with Mega pets that have all of the talents manifested, so I do not consider this an option.
      Nah, this is totally a option. It's how I have made my pets for years now. They can collect the individual talents themselves and hatch them together to make their own, which has been made easier to do thanks to the reduced hatching costs for lower age pets. Before the update I always had to spend around 40 thousand gold for my adult to adult hatches and now I am only spending 3,750-7,500 for them. I even finished up a few pet projects of mine I never got around to doing because of how expensive even the lower age hatches used to be.

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Happy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Unfortunately, the sale is for 60k or 80k blocks of crowns and started today.

Some of us would like to see the 25% sale on ALL BLOCKS not just the big ones.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 8-8-20 at 9:22:59 AM. Reason: removed quote of deleted post

Fallon WinterLeaf

Brahm Winter is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Brahm Winter's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brahm Winter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crimson Spectre
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

idk why i am getting on to say this alot of yall don't listen but anyways

kings isle does not care about players but they watch out for players who pay the most. of course they are gonna leave you out in the cold if you arent gonna pay them the most. did you think this is a charity? no it is a greedy corporation just like the rest and they want coin. you are beyond help if you cant see this. they have no goal but to exploit RNG gambling dressed up as fun wizards. read what i say that aint a lie.

so are they gonna lie? yes

but then on top of that kings isle doesnt even do research on its users they only do analtycs and think thats the same thing. thats why none of you were ever asked to be intrview or survey except on the forums with pointless questions. and its to late for them to change now because they dug themselves in a hole for almost 10 years taking a year to fix obvious problems every time. so its all about coin now.

Parcheesy00 is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I wasn't going to post but here we go.

Now, I agree that Kingsisle isn't perfect(no company is), but what's with all the hate threads? I feel like there's new thread made by the same 3-4 people every week with absolutely no constructive criticism involved, just slandering. It's always just "I don't like this/that", "Change this/that", "KI is (insert negative term)". Feedback isn't simply saying that something is trash.

I know someone is gonna quote me and say "But there has been constructive criticism!" Yeah? Things like "(Insert update) sux", "Kiosk sux", "Let's just revert the update" is criticism, but at the help of no one. An update is an update. You can't "undo" an update. Rather, share possible ideas and feedback through civilized discussion on what you like to see in the next update.

Side note, I feel like these 3-4 people tend to act like they are speaking for the majority, like some kinda white knight shining light upon the atrocities of the world. Reality check, do you really think this site(and the official forums for that matter) really make up the majority of players?

Regarding the "greediness" of KI, people need to understand that KI can't be compared to other big game companies around. Why? Because companies like Ubisoft, Valve, Blizzard have multiple popular games in which any one can pretty much carry the company. What does KI have? Just Wizard101, and let's be honest, they aren't gonna release a banging game anytime in the future. With this in mind, of course KI has to milk as much as they can out of their one and only flagship game. They aren't trying to scam kids out of their money, in fact I would agree with an earlier point that most of these events and offers are intended for whales who can actually afford to spend the amount that they do. And I would say that this is a good thing. Without these whales, the game simply wouldn't exist. Bottom line is, KI has to sell more things because they don't have other sources of revenue to rely on.

I've only ever bought 60k crowns once and that was 4 years go. I still have 10k. Im pretty happy with my stats and gear. The only thing I've needed to pay for is my sinbad wand, everything else is farmable/craftable.

As for spells/spellements being ptw, I do find it a bit annoying that they are locked behind a paywall before they come craftable. Here's the thing though, no one really needs the spells. People who really want the spells will pay to unlock them, and as for the rest of us, we'll simply wait until they become craftable. Even though pvp is pretty much the only thing I do in this game, I don't mind this at all, because in my opinion, these spells aren't even good enough to give a noticeable advantage. And in the event that I do lose to one of these spells, so what? Losing 16 rank or a tournament win isn't gonna make me come to this site and post a rant. Rather, I'm glad they are passionate about the game enough to spend money on it.

Personally, I don't really like the whole spellements concept, but for a different reason than it being ptw. I love the how you can transfer the spell to other characters, but I can't get over the fact that I can't make enchanted tc versions of spells with spellement paths. It's really only a minor annoyance as it only affects one spell that I use, and as long as they don't give anymore existing lore spells spellement paths then I'm fine(off topic but a different loremaster-like boss delegated to only spellements would be neat).

I've said my opinions, now to go back to lurking.

elplatano21 is offline Master Wizard

• elplatano21's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  john life hunter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Miss Orio
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Polar Cat

Mood:
      Friendly

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Parcheesy00 View Post
      I wasn't going to post but here we go.

Now, I agree that Kingsisle isn't perfect(no company is), but what's with all the hate threads? I feel like there's new thread made by the same 3-4 people every week with absolutely no constructive criticism involved, just slandering. It's always just "I don't like this/that", "Change this/that", "KI is (insert negative term)". Feedback isn't simply saying that something is trash.
      OMG I was just thinking the same thing! Every single threat that talks really bad towards KI is made by the same 3-4 people! I actually made laugh a little lol.

But you are right in a lot of things!
      siggy/
      siggy/avi by Autumn Ice
      and proved by Chris Heart

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Parcheesy00 View Post

Side note, I feel like these 3-4 people tend to act like they are speaking for the majority, like some kinda white knight shining light upon the atrocities of the world. Reality check, do you really think this site(and the official forums for that matter) really make up the majority of players?

Well perhaps if KI only fixed the issues with PVP and left PVE alone there would not be any issues to keep bringing new complaints up. Also in this case it's about the systematic lying of KI to it's players. additionally same could be said it the same few PVP players who defend KI. Maybe if KI listened to what people say because if you read these threads here and elsewhere, it's a wider community who gives feedback. Let's be honest most of the negative changes are from the PVP community in the first place, that makes KI change in the first place. Nobody ever said I wish my spells were weaker in PVE just the PVP community. KI needs to separate the changes just for PVP.
      Last edited by lethargy101; 8-8-20 at 2:21:31 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast