Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: KI Lies(Live)

@Eric Stormbringer

The only Dev I personally dislike is Ratbeard, due to his comments in the screenshots I posted. From what I have seen of Matt, I respect him, but overall my disposition towards KingsIsle as a company and the Devs as a whole is negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stormbringer View Post
      But no- KI is greedy because they sell things.
      This statement surprised me. At this point, how can anyone claim that KingsIsle is not money hungry?
      Just look at the large Crown Reward Events. KingsIsle expected ten year old children to cough up $700 and $300 and then spend it over the course offour days.
      Just look at the Spellemental Packs. I did the math, and it could end up costing you hundreds of dollars to fully upgrade these Spellemental spells.

Just look at Jewel seeds. These are still locked behind an RNG paywall!
      Just look at PTW Pack gear. We have seen KingsIsle increase their production of Packs within the last two years, and with each Pack comes more PTW gear... Making previous PTW gear obsolete.
      Just look at the "Pet Bundles" KingsIsle has released. These are all overpriced, poorly cobbled together promotions of lame pets and lame energy gear that nobody should buy.
      Just look at the Participation Trophies. KingsIsle tried to rope Crafters into spending money on PvP, so that they could create their Revered Wands.
      Etc, Etc.

I understand that KingsIsle is a company, and that they need to make money to keep their servers running and employees fed. But they should not take advantage of their Players and children with nasty marketing tactics. I mean, one employee on their marketing team used to work at EA! EA, one of the most reviled gaming companies! Its no wonder why there is so much unrest.

The real kicker to me is that KingsIsle does not even need to spam us with poor promotions and hold out on Crown Sales. Great games like Skyrim are still thriving, despite having zero PTW mechanics. Perhaps if the Devs and the people at KingsIsle focused on improving the game, and making it more fun to play... We would see more Players decide to support Wizard101.

Anyways, all of this reminds me of my Dear KingsIsle thread. If you haven't seen it yet, or its been a while since you last checked it out, I highly recommend giving it a read!
      Also, one last thing- can you please confirm whether or not this screenshot is real?:

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Happy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      @Eric Stormbringer

The only Dev I personally dislike is Ratbeard, due to his comments in the screenshots I posted. From what I have seen of Matt, I respect him, but overall my disposition towards KingsIsle as a company and the Devs as a whole is negative.

This statement surprised me. At this point, how can anyone claim that KingsIsle is not money hungry?
      Just look at the large Crown Reward Events. KingsIsle expected ten year old children to cough up $700 and $300 and then spend it over the course offour days.
      Just look at the Spellemental Packs. I did the math, and it could end up costing you hundreds of dollars to fully upgrade these Spellemental spells.

Just look at PTW Pack gear. We have seen KingsIsle increase their production of Packs within the last two years, and with each Pack comes more PTW gear... Making previous PTW gear obsolete.
      Just look at the "Pet Bundles" KingsIsle has released. These are all overpriced, poorly cobbled together promotions of lame pets and lame energy gear that nobody should buy.
      Just look at the Participation Trophies. KingsIsle tried to rope Crafters into spending money on PvP, so that they could create their Revered Wands.
      Etc, Etc.

I understand that KingsIsle is a company, and that they need to make money to keep their servers running and employees fed. But they should not take advantage of their Players and children with nasty marketing tactics. I mean, one employee on their marketing team used to work at EA! EA, one of the most reviled gaming companies! Its no wonder why there is so much unrest.

The real kicker to me is that KingsIsle does not even need to spam us with poor promotions and hold out on Crown Sales. Great games like Skyrim are still thriving, despite having zero PTW mechanics. Perhaps if the Devs and the people at KingsIsle focused on improving the game, and making it more fun to play... We would see more Players decide to support Wizard101.

Anyways, all of this reminds me of my Dear KingsIsle thread. If you haven't seen it yet, or its been a while since you last checked it out, I highly recommend giving it a read!
      Also, one last thing- can you please confirm whether or not this screenshot is real?:

Thank you. Very well stated. Some very good reasons to consider dumping all my accounts. So sick of people talking out of the side of their mouth instead of accepting what players are saying and making adjustments to build a better game. So much is now BIG MONEY GRAB and I for one am not buying it.

I don't buy crowns much at all now but I used to buy them every time the 25% off sale came up. I will not buy them at the current rates for any reason.....

The Participation Trophies are needed for crafting, UNFORTUNATELY, but I refuse to PvP for the tickets. I will just not get that Revered Badge, which is the only one I am missing at the moment. Although it has been stated the Revered is not needed to continue crafting, I would almost bet that at some point in the near future, it will be required. That will be when I will be permanently finished crafting IF I am even still playing.

At the rate KI is going with all the money grabbing, I think it may be losing it's attraction to players of all ages. Young players certainly can't buy the Crowns Blocks and most parents are watching their pennies right now. Nothing is guaranteed in today's society. Many won't even have jobs if and when Covid-19 is beaten. G4 (a new swine flu and no vaccine) may be our next pandemic so who knows what we will be facing?

Fallon WinterLeaf

jlegendwielder is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      G4 (a new swine flu and no vaccine) may be our next pandemic so who knows what we will be facing?
      Cheating viruses? With super high DPP?

Yikes!!

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Happy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jlegendwielder View Post
      Cheating viruses? With super high DPP?

Yikes!!
      LOL, I guess you could look at it that way. But I certainly hope the DPP isn't as bad as it seems.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Eric Stormbringer is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Eric Stormbringer
      That's a matter of personal preference I suppose. My favorite developer is Ratbeard- especially after all the good he did in Pirate101- completely revitalizing a flailing class and modifying several mechanics to be more fun and balanced.

These events are not aimed at children. They are aimed at whales- players with large amounts of disposable income that are willing to spend lots of money to gain slight benefits. I see no issue with certain events targeted at whales especially since these events are always a net positive to the player base in general.(You get free bonuses on top of your crowns purchases and the whales who do spend money are helping to fund the game).

The simple solution to this is don't spend your money willy-nilly. At most I would spend crowns to get 35 spellements (the amount required to get the spell). We already know they will be free 6 months to a year from now and as none of these spells are required in either PvP or PvE- the only reason you should spend crowns on them is if you want to have them now. I absolutely would not recommend spending the amount of crowns necessary to fully upgrade them when they will shortly be farmable.

Jewel Seeds offer convenience. Every jewel you can acquire via the plants is acquirable in game now easier than ever before. Spider monkeys in Empyrea drop rare jewels like candy, pierce jewels can be received from the Fortee thieves in Mirage.

People use the term Pay to win way too loosely in this game. Not a single piece of pack gear is necessary to be successful in PvE. In max PvP at MOST one piece of gear is "pay to win" and that is the wand. Everything else is farmable. Even the oft- complained about Kroger jewels aren't needed to succeed in PvP. I have yet to use a single Kroger jewel in any of my set ups and do perfectly fine without it.
      *going to put a big caveat here for jade gear, however:
      -we already know that the resist system is due for a broad change soon which will likely impact the influence of that.
      -jade gear was a design mistake of the prior dev team

This is my meme I will post below personified. On one hand you complain that KI sells powerful gear as "PTW". At the same time when they do sell cosmetic and convenience gear- you rail against them as useless. I'm curious as to what you think KI should actually sell?

Name:  KI meme.PNG
Views: 73
Size:  56.5 KB

Etc, Etc.
      Participation trophies are

a)Required for one side quest to craft 2 items per class
      b)Can be acquired outside of PvP via daily assignments
      c)Can be acquired with no irl monetary investment simply by entering tournaments(which now cost like 50 gold)

From what I have seen KI has become less pay to win than ever before- yes they offer more opportunities to spend but the necessity to spend is not there at all. P.S-I have both read and responded to your thread (Check Page 2 and Page 4 of said thread).

Yep, that screenshot is real. Alas it was taken out of context and used to promote a false narrative. Luckily, KI used what they learned from this experimental precursor to design the much more successful Roundtable format we see today.
      Last edited by Eric Stormbringer; 8-6-20 at 8:24:04 PM.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Happy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

That's a matter of personal preference I suppose. My favorite developer is Ratbeard- especially after all the good he did in Pirate101- completely revitalizing a flailing class and modifying several mechanics to be more fun and balanced.

These events are not aimed at children. They are aimed at whales- players with large amounts of disposable income that are willing to spend lots of money to gain slight benefits. I see no issue with certain events targeted at whales especially since these events are always a net positive to the player base in general.(You get free bonuses on top of your crowns purchases and the whales who do spend money are helping to fund the game).

The simple solution to this is don't spend your money willy-nilly. At most I would spend crowns to get 35 spellements (the amount required to get the spell). We already know they will be free 6 months to a year from now and as none of these spells are required in either PvP or PvE- the only reason you should spend crowns on them is if you want to have them now. I absolutely would not recommend spending the amount of crowns necessary to fully upgrade them when they will shortly be farmable.

Jewel Seeds offer convenience. Every jewel you can acquire via the plants is acquirable in game now easier than ever before. Spider monkeys in Empyrea drop rare jewels like candy, pierce jewels can be received from the Fortee thieves in Mirage.

People use the term Pay to win way too loosely in this game. Not a single piece of pack gear is necessary to be successful in PvE. In max PvP at MOST one piece of gear is "pay to win" and that is the wand. Everything else is farmable. Even the oft- complained about Kroger jewels aren't needed to succeed in PvP. I have yet to use a single Kroger jewel in any of my set ups and do perfectly fine without it.

This is my meme I will post below personified. On one hand you complain that KI sells powerful gear as "PTW". At the same time when they do sell cosmetic and convenience gear- you rail against them as useless. I'm curious as to what you think KI should actually sell?

Name:  KI meme.PNG
Views: 73
Size:  56.5 KB

Participation trophies are

a)Required for one side quest to craft 2 items per class
      b)Can be acquired outside of PvP via daily assignments
      c)Can be acquired with no irl monetary investment simply by entering tournaments(which now cost like 50 gold)

From what I have seen KI has become less pay to win than ever before- yes they offer more opportunities to spend but the necessity to spend is not there at all. P.S-I have both read and responded to your thread (Check Page 2 and Page 4 of said thread).

Yep, that screenshot is real. Alas it was taken out of context and used to promote a false narrative. Luckily, KI used what they learned from this experimental precursor to design the much more successful Roundtable format we see today.

I don't care how much KI aims at the "Whales" but I do care about the fact those of us who DON'T have an unlimited source of funds to blow, are not getting any options to Purchase a few crowns now and then at the 25% off ANY block. KI might just benefit a bit more if they made it so ALL PLAYERS had and option to buy, not just the Whales. Until the "Whales" started dumping chunks of money into the game, it was all of us smaller Fish supporting KI. Now, we are virtually nothing but a minnow in a huge pond and not worth listening to or noting that we exist.

I saw a while back someone comment that all of these events have done nothing but clutter up the game. I am almost believing that statement.

Spellements, Ugh. I wish there was a way to sell or trade Spellements and Runes. I have no use for either and now because of the upside down turn on Pets with "Will Cast" we have Talent Collars. I have the pets I want with "May Casts", I have pets with No Heals and now trying to get some with NO MAY CASTS. But I won't hatch or train any with "Will Cast" talents. The ONLY good thing that came out of the Pet changes was the ability to "SKIP" in the games.

Jewel, I have vaults, backpack and shared banks full so not even concerned about those.

"People use the term Pay to win too loosely in this game." Not really. Have you ever been put down because you don't have the best gear in the game. I have seen several that are and those that did it. Those that put others down are some of those who are the "Whales" that buy the best to run PvE. You are right about one thing, the best isn't needed... Just the determination to beat the foe. Most of my gear is crafted. Every now and then I might get a good drop but I won't blindly farm hours on end for any piece of gear. My 2 main wizards farmed WW to get the full gear but none of the others have and most haven't even done WW.

PARTICIPATION TROPHIES. @JaredSpellFrost was right when he said it was a way for KI to rope players into PvP even though they didn't want to..... You mention the Dailies, yet the drop rate from Dailies is so low that many of us haven't seen a single one even doing them EVERY DAY and on multiple wizards. I get so tired of others saying I got this many and another saying I got this many and have more than enough for all my wizards. I get tired of players saying do PvP Tourneys. I Have not done PvP since my first wizard did in 2009 and I am not going to start doing any activity that I don't enjoy. I would rather scrub my floors on hands and knees rather than do PvP. Nor do I have the extra funds to spend for Scrolls nor the time to do them. Also the fact that PvP Tourneys originally cost Crowns was another grab for KI. Now that the Tourneys cost gold, it still isn't going to make a whole lot of difference for those of us that don't like PvP. I have said it many times already, "NO REAGENT" should be tied to PvP or ANY event. It is can't be acquired through questing or harvesting, then it should not be in a recipe.

I started playing this game for the fun and relaxation it promised. Both are quickly fading into history. As for relaxing and forgetting about real life for a few hours, that is so far gone it is all but lost.

Fallon WinterLeaf

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Well yeah of course you do. Ratbeard lies FACT : He said it doesn't matter if PVE is over powered on KI LIVE.

Says Spell "balancing" is not to do with PVP on KI LIVE. LIES

Eric you are KI.

He said both on KI Live.

FACT is KI are too lazy to change PVE and PVP, for PVP. Bare faced liars.

Remember the lies of Double Gardening was never meant to drop double seeds? Official forum was asked, Professor Greyrose said is WAS intended.

Then Gardening Benefit will be more often now double seeds are no more. Well are they? Nope same as before.

KI Lies is a fact, proven time and again.

actually "Eric I did the math" tell me does the more time KI Lies to its consumers indicate they are more or less trust worthy. Please do the the maths LOL.

Lies + lies + lies + lies = KI LIES

I really can't be bothered to respond more to Eric, he is not a player but works for KI
      Last edited by lethargy101; 8-6-20 at 10:35:24 PM.

Mad Hatter is offline Magus Wizard

• Mad Hatter's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Rowan ShawdowCrafter,Tabitha SoulThief,Sabrina SilverBlood,Ellie Mist,Alura PixieDust,Molly Moon
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  ALL DA PETS

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Apparently I am a whale...

Whales unite
      Last edited by Mad Hatter; 8-6-20 at 10:50:57 PM.

Legendary Rose is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Steam Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I missed the person to quote here, but these are my thoughts on it anyway.

Just remember.

We're not concerned with IF they need to survive, they seem to be comfortably afloat at this point, since parts of the game are in active development.

We're concerned with how they're doing it. "Optional gameplay elements" are optional, yes. But that doesn't mean anything when it takes hundreds of dollars spent, per @JaredSpellFrost, to obtain an incredibly rare item. This is a social game, status is a huge element.

Jewels aren't optional if you're aiming for a huge kit. It doesn't matter if there's more than one method to getting them, if the paid option is presented as convenience, but it's randomized- and what you want is rare, you're gonna spend money towards getting it, aren't you? Until you get it, right? Congratulations, you spent money to get that product, and only enough to get it.

The issue comes with people who lack the self control to do that. You can't expect a gambling or shopping addict to be able to temper themselves, a kid who's just been introduced to the concept of booster packs to not necessarily realize that they cost real money, or other similar situations, right?

We don't have to do it, yes. But that doesn't mean it isn't a potentially predatory model they're using, that hasn't come into question around the world. And the fact that other major publishers have already done it doesn't mean it makes it okay.

It's not the fact the game costs money. It's the way they're trying to get it out of us.
      Mark DeathMask/Rachel "Midori" StormSword//Elijah RedThistle//Gracie DarkSlinger//Andrew SpiritStrider//Alexis GhostForge//Hannah BattleThief
      Critical/Block misconceptions | Zafaria sins!

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Happy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      Well yeah of course you do. Ratbeard lies FACT : He said it doesn't matter if PVE is over powered on KI LIVE.

Says Spell "balancing" is not to do with PVP on KI LIVE. LIES

Eric you are KI.

He said both on KI Live.

FACT is KI are too lazy to change PVE and PVP, for PVP. Bare faced liars.

Remember the lies of Double Gardening was never meant to drop double seeds? Official forum was asked, Professor Greyrose said is WAS intended.

Then Gardening Benefit will be more often now double seeds are no more. Well are they? Nope same as before.

KI Lies is a fact, proven time and again.

actually "Eric I did the math" tell me does the more time KI Lies to its consumers indicate they are more or less trust worthy. Please do the the maths LOL.

Lies + lies + lies + lies = KI LIES

I really can't be bothered to respond more to Eric, he is not a player but works for KI

I did some research on the Double Gardening Rewards and you are SOOOOO CORRECT. Double Seeds were definitely INTENDED and not a mistake. Professor Greyrose plainly stated so in the following link.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/rave...4b0d1e196f04b9

Administrator

Charm(s): 125
      Jan 21, 2015

0 Charm(s)

Re: Double Gardening Rewards for Members!
      danielsfl on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
      are the seeds doubled too?
      Yes.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast