lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

KI Lies(Live)

Why must KI insist on lying to us? I'm sure there are more examples but Double Garden wasn't meant to give Double seeds they tried to claim, even though they stated it was when asked. Now Rat beard lied on the current KI Live that spell nerfing is wasn't to do with PVP. When in a previous KI Live he stated it doesn't matter if the spells are OP in PVE. I'm kinda getting sick of the lying.
      Last edited by lethargy101; 8-1-20 at 12:57:16 PM.

jlegendwielder is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: KI Lies(Live)

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      I'm kinda getting sick...
      Sounds like someone may have had just a little too much candy...knows candy, that is...

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

JaredSpellFrost is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

KingsIsle said repeatably during the stream that "we are listening", "we appreciate your feedback", "please give us constructive criticism". Ha! Yeah right.

If you "listened" to us, we wouldn't have seen hatching nuked in the Spring Updated. If you "listened" to us, we wouldn't have seen 3 more predatory Crown Reward events. If you "listened" to us, we wouldn't see a PTW Spellemental Lore Pack. If you "listened" to us, Pirate101 would be getting regular updates. if you "listened" to us, you'd stop with the mobile games. If you "listened" to us, we would see classic Crown Sales return.

Don't put on a facade of caring, KingsIsle, when you clearly do not.

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 8-1-20 at 1:33:05 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

jlegendwielder is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      KingsIsle said repeatably during the stream that "we are listening", "we appreciate your feedback", "please give us constructive criticism". Ha! Yeah right.

If you "listened" to us, we wouldn't have seen hatching nuked in the Spring Updated. If you "listened" to us, we wouldn't have seen 3 more predatory Crown Reward events. If you "listened" to us, we wouldn't see a PTW Spellemental Lore Pack. If you "listened" to us, Pirate101 would be getting regular updates. if you "listened" to us, you'd stop with the mobile games. If you "listened" to us, we would see classic Crown Sales return.

Don't put on a facade of caring, KingsIsle, when you clearly do not.

The rot (caries) is further exposed!

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

Sierra SeaSong is offline Legendary Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I get people are not happy, however calling ratbeard a liar is a bit extreme. The spell changes were not just for the benefit of pvp, they were to keep pve in check so new worlds could be developed properly.

The majority of pve is way overkill anyway, so I do not see the nerfs as a big deal. And after 7 years of whining, myth finally got a 7 pip aoe, so perhaps they just listen slow lol! I also got the useless myth heal, I never wanted, but everyone "asked" for, so there is that.

Honestly, everyone thinks their ideas are the best and should be implemented, but they have to look at the bigger picture here.

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      I get people are not happy, however calling ratbeard a liar is a bit extreme. The spell changes were not just for the benefit of pvp, they were to keep pve in check so new worlds could be developed properly.

The majority of pve is way overkill anyway, so I do not see the nerfs as a big deal. And after 7 years of whining, myth finally got a 7 pip aoe, so perhaps they just listen slow lol! I also got the useless myth heal, I never wanted, but everyone "asked" for, so there is that.

Honestly, everyone thinks their ideas are the best and should be implemented, but they have to look at the bigger picture here.

Rat beard said on KI Live PVE being over powered does not matter and only effects PVP. Rat beard said on KI Live on Thurs that the changes were not to do with PVP. If that doesn't count as a lie what does. The new line of things need to change for PVE is a lie too. With the spells we had, Mali gear and a great pet, MINIONs can kill in the last 2 worlds. Minions!

Truth is it's too much hassle to change PVE spells into PVP spells and is easier to nerf everyone than changing every spell to balance PVP.

The problem is the perfect teams breeze through ultra tough dungeons, they don't represent the player base. Most players I talk to spend many hours almost every day in game and struggle with such dungeons, so not casual players.

Any way the point is KI LIES

No not even close to 50% agree with KI only the noisy minority, the paid shills and the PVP community agree. The silent majority dont speak up an those who do when vocal get ignored.

The KI narrative is lies. They did this for PVP don't be fooled.
      Last edited by lethargy101; 8-1-20 at 5:45:15 PM.

Fredwardo is offline Master Wizard

• Fredwardo's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kyle Ironmender
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Chico
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Egg

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

While I do feel like the update was definitely PVP oriented no matter what KI says I do think it ended up being a pretty good one. The nerfed spells and mob health helps a lot after playing the last 2 weeks. I'm now able 3 man, 2-turn kill tenny'son without a juju/jade. Abandoned house is faster. In general a lot of the bosses are easier especially with bugs and sirens not removing blades.

I think if people take time to adjust their decks and strategies they'll find that PVE is easier overall. I've been 2 turn killing any regular boss and any cheating bosses with the buffed 7 pip aoe's. (I don't play ice though so idk about that one). I've found that Helephant for my fire wiz is a great single target spell cause the damage breaks 1000 for only being 6pips.

However, the spellemental pack is great in theory but extremely disgusting in execution.

AMAMAZING SIGGY MADE BY THE BEAUTIFUL EMERALD GEM OF LIGHT

Lightdragon is offline Legendary Wizard

• Lightdragon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Liam RavenShade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  artic fox

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

yep. also I hope KI doesn't underpower the spell too much.

The majority of pve is way overkill anyway, so I do not see the nerfs as a big deal.
      not too much. I remember Azteca and seeing a full team getting killed by mobs. and this was not a rare occurrence. so when they nerf spells i get a bit nervous over it.

And after 7 years of whining, myth finally got a 7 pip aoe, so perhaps they just listen slow lol!
      this is one of the reasons(NOT THE ONLY REASON) i have a maxed out myth wizard to answer questions like this. They made humongofrog very powerful. with the right gear it can equal to almost any 7 pip AOE especially against PVE storm (and ice for second arc). my guess is they really wanted that spell.

I also got the useless myth heal, I never wanted, but everyone "asked" for, so there is that.
      i rarely played for a few months but i did see the stats for that new spell. i think if they reduced a pip on that spell it wouldn't be that useless.
      agreed. while i do not think my ideas are the best and must be implemented, i do try to give the best input i can give. and this is why they will ignore most of the people. i can give a lot of examples.
      Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Sierra SeaSong is offline Legendary Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdragon View Post
      i do try to give the best input i can give. and this is why they will ignore most of the people. i can give a lot of examples.
      Perhaps people need to give more specific feedback, yes! Also, to another posters point, did you also notice they are reducing mob/boss health to go along with the spell "nerfs".

I honestly have not noticed any difference, as in needing another blade, etc to overcome the changes.

Just fyi, I main myth for 10+ years now, frog got me through almost all of khrysalis, pop a few blades on that puppy and its fine as a hit. Even when we go mystic, I barely used it, shadow pips were pretty rare back then.

For new myth players though, i think Orthrus is a very nice addition, I probably could have used it 80 levels ago lol!

Honestly, if I was that unhappy with the game, I just would not play. I like this new direction they are taking, it really shows that they are thinking more long term. For a game this old, its a great sign!

Legendary Rose is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Steam Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Bolded statement implies that they did appropriate balancing through current worlds (Mirage, Empyrea, and the Catacombs), when for large parts of both worlds and extra area you needed 4 people and 1 strategy (not good design for wanting diversity in gameplay).

And to put icing on the cake; when they didn't disclose a major paywall for one of those areas, which they've done since November of 2014, and the disclosure on the update notes was a half-measure that wasn't even a complete sentence at the time.

This is what the page says now.
      Name:  half-measure disclosure.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  81.5 KB

This also, in my opinion, is much less about the stats (OP's focus), and more the more predatory behaviors that KingsIsle as a developer is trying to pull on us. Packs are enough of a hassle to get spells from, now we only get pieces of spells that aren't even able to be fully upgraded at nearly the same rate, in randomized chunks? That's on the same scale of someone trying to build a puzzle I have, but making them pay anywhere from $0.50-1.00 a piece that they want to put on the board, but I just keep giving them pieces of different puzzles.

They're going whole hog into predatory business models predicated on gambling addiction- which isn't exclusively a problem to adults -on a game for children. You thought EA or Activision-Blizzard were bad?
      Last edited by Legendary Rose; 8-2-20 at 2:41:48 AM.
      Mark DeathMask/Rachel "Midori" StormSword//Elijah RedThistle//Gracie DarkSlinger//Andrew SpiritStrider//Alexis GhostForge//Hannah BattleThief
      Critical/Block misconceptions | Zafaria sins!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast