•  Life
      ----

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Best areas to buy with crowns (2020)?

@Dylan Windwalker (don't want to quote the whole reply every time lol)

What I'm gathering from your reply about the areas I should buy...

I shouldn't really need to buy Darkmoor if I get the drops with member (or substitutes) and only need to buy Catacombs if I want Dragoon gear?

And then I'm thinking Aerial Jungle/Secret Tunnel for pet jewels, gold, and Couch Potatoes? Any opinion on Mirage/Caravan?

And then few things I wanted to mention/reply...

I was intending to wait until like late august/early september to buy the membership so that I could use all the member benefits they put in september...but I'm getting more tempted to just buy lol.

I don't know if this is smart or...not, but I was actually initially intending on only getting to Level 130 or so, so that I would have some buffer whenever the level 150 update comes out - more incentive for me to get member again later on. So that's why I never mentioned the Karamelle gear in my post. Also means I wouldn't have to rush as much to max.

I have around 18 Couch Potatoes from previous farming

Yeah I think it's kind of unfortunate that there's not much non-crowns healing/tank gear, but I think it's not too bad, I should still be able to easily get to around 80% resist with a good pet?

Thanks for all the other tips and advice!

Dylan Windwalker is online now Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bored471 View Post
      @Dylan Windwalker (don't want to quote the whole reply every time lol)

What I'm gathering from your reply about the areas I should buy...

I shouldn't really need to buy Darkmoor if I get the drops with member (or substitutes) and only need to buy Catacombs if I want Dragoon gear?

And then I'm thinking Aerial Jungle/Secret Tunnel for pet jewels, gold, and Couch Potatoes? Any opinion on Mirage/Caravan?

And then few things I wanted to mention/reply...

I was intending to wait until like late august/early september to buy the membership so that I could use all the member benefits they put in september...but I'm getting more tempted to just buy lol.

I don't know if this is smart or...not, but I was actually initially intending on only getting to Level 130 or so, so that I would have some buffer whenever the level 150 update comes out - more incentive for me to get member again later on. So that's why I never mentioned the Karamelle gear in my post. Also means I wouldn't have to rush as much to max.

I have around 18 Couch Potatoes from previous farming

Yeah I think it's kind of unfortunate that there's not much non-crowns healing/tank gear, but I think it's not too bad, I should still be able to easily get to around 80% resist with a good pet?

Thanks for all the other tips and advice!
      I don't think it's necessary to buy any of Mirage really. People still farm the Ghultures for seeds and if people are still doing it to this day, maybe it works for them but every time I've tried doing it myself I don't have any luck. I usually just get scrap seeds that I end up feeding to my pet.

It's good to have a buffer, I kinda had one myself when I took a break between the end of 2017 up until 2020 because there wasn't a lot of content in the game left for me to do but also that was when I only had one wizard lol Now I have 4 maxes meaning that I have plenty to do whenever large content were to release errr at least I could always just quest up another wiz lol Staying in 130 is a good number anyways since that's when the best gear right now is at.

I would say hold off on Darkmoor unless you don't get anything from doing the One Shots when we do them together. You will probably want both the Drains for Abandoned House Farming for Alchemical Extracts and Catacombs for Alchemical Salts (You don't really have to worry about the Crystals, they'll just come as you go). Farming during the double reagents is an extra plus, maybe you could get to 130 before whenever double reagents happens because it's an extra help especially since you don't have any of the Vanguard gear either.

It really comes down to time and when you think you're gonna be most free, when you're most free is when I'd say is a good time to get membership. Most of what you're gonna be doing with your membership is going to take a lot of time. Idk if it's even possible to get everything you want in one single sitting... well it's theoretically possible maybe if you try.

Idk what you'd use to get 80% Universal Resist on a life without Jade, if it were even possible lol You could probably get +6% from the Dragoon Amulet, +5% from HeartSteel, +19 or 20% from a pet. There's a small time resist wand... Idk what clothing you'd wear though. There's no universal resist ring for life...

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

bored471 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• bored471's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Flint Lifeshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
      ----

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Dylan Windwalker

After going over some gear lists, unless the drop rates are abysmal, I don't think it'll be that hard to get decent gear. Boots are probably the only thing that don't have many alternatives. I already have some pieces and will hopefully get some during Exalted Duel runs. Apparently King Detrius is free lol, but he only drops the hat.

I was kind of interested in the Ghultures because I'm pretty sure that's how I went from like 6 or so CPs to like 18 - I farmed there during last year's member with a few maxes, but obviously if Aeriel Jungle also has Secret Tunnel then that's probably better.

Also with the resist...I kinda just guessed in the dark, but it is pretty easy if you do a ward pet. Universal resist you can get kinda close though, here's what I came up with, hopefully it's accurate

Hat (Krok / 11% if DM) 12
      Robe (Dragoon / 15% if Rattlebones/Tennisyn) 17
      Boots (Dragoon) 14
      Wand?
      Athame (Heartsteel) 5
      Amulet (Dragoon, -2 if DM) 6
      Ring?
      Pet (4x Selfish, or 4x Wards to +9 ) 21
      Total 75

So pretty decent I hope?

bored471 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• bored471's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Flint Lifeshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
      ----

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So I thought I'd add an update here, seeing that it's September and I'll likely get a membership either today or by the weekend.

I ended up buying both Caravan(& Alkali Barrows) and Aeriel Jungle(& Aeriel Shore).

In retrospect I probably only should have bough Aeriel Jungle, but no regrets - I'm able to join other one/2-turn farmers in either case, and Caravan is the starting area of the world if I need it later on. Secret Tunnel did require me to port into it, but I feel like the drop rates (for Couch Potatos only) there were pretty good, and I'm usually able to solo it if needed.

Aeriel Jungle also has jewels, higher gear drop rates (to sell for gold), Agave Leaves on the floor, and Secret Tunnel (which has Flying Squid Ink).

The Agave is quite useful / necessary for me as I need it to craft Rat Spin

I think while Halfang is better, if you're farming for Couch Potatoes or Jewels anyways (or Ink), Aeriel Jungle works out decently as a place to get gold, esp. when doing Secret Tunnel.

I was able to get a 65 Plot of Couch Potatos, here's hoping I never have to worry about snacks again lol. I also setup a similar small and medium plot for other plants - I currently have White Tiger Lilies and Red Huckleberries and Orange Dandelions (to get Pinks for more seed vaults lol) at elder in my small ones, which I will harvest with double benefits soon. My only regret of sorts here is not also doing this with Medium plots and esp. Ultra seeds.

I was also able to fight some (Skeleton Key / Exalted) bosses in advance and now I already have a decent selection of gear that I don't need to farm for, as well as Vanguard pieces to craft into Dragoon gear (the fact that you can use any school's Vanguard piece to craft a Dragoon piece sounds wayy too good to be true lol)

Gear wise, I feel I'm only really missing a potential Athame and maybe Boots. I have a few 140 Karamelle pieces from Stay-Puffed Marshmellow but as I mentioned above I only aim to get to 130.

I'm still very annoyed at how fast I seem to accumulate items - I need more vaults/space.

I also hope I'm both able to get enough Agave as well as collect reagents for Dragoon gear during double reagents. Though if it doesn't happen, Aeriel Jungle is accessible to me and King Detritus is free, so not the worst thing.

I also have some packs (from codes) that I've accumulated in my Gift List over the years in case I need them for anything (energy gear, most likely)
      Last edited by bored471; 9-2-21 at 9:01:51 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123