lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Bot purchasing of key ingredients like Sand & Sunstone is ridiculous

Bots would make sense and agree something should be done about them. I had thought it was odd Cat tail is so rare these days. In the past you could almost guarantee getting a few hundred whenever you needed some. Where as now there's hardly any there and they are gone as quickly as they appear.

davidbattleblade is offline Journeyman Wizard

• davidbattleblade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Battleblade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Lucky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      Bots would make sense and agree something should be done about them. I had thought it was odd Cat tail is so rare these days. In the past you could almost guarantee getting a few hundred whenever you needed some. Where as now there's hardly any there and they are gone as quickly as they appear.
      I have been buying a lot of cattail recently and its because I am crafting the treasure card holders. If your making a lot of displays you will need huge amounts of cat tail and stone block along with several other ingredients. I also think there is a problem with bots buying reagents and treasure cards and I hope @Sparck will look into this issue. I agree that there should be more common reagents be sold at vendors so we don't have this issue of having to be constantly searching for reagents and not playing the game. I also think we should be able to trade reagents like we trade treasure cards it would make things easier.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I was in the Bazaar just now, and had another thought -- time of day might also play into how successful any player attempting to find reagents in quantity will be. Right now, I was able to buy several reagents successfully, while I lost out on some others, and this is probably not a peak time. There could have been a hundred players doing the same thing I was doing, and I'm thinking we all had similar luck.

I still think that the main issue here is NOT bots, but the game itself:

1. Fewer reagents being picked up by players running through areas that can now be skipped via teleporter.
      2. More players hoarding reagents for future use and/or buying them up just to spend gold.
      3. Players can now hold 999 of each reagent, whereas initially we maxed out at 99. Getting that reminder from Mr. Lincoln that we couldn't pick up some mist wood because we already had enough was a prompt to head to the Bazaar and offload some excess. Without that reminder, players just play the game obliviously until they need some gold to spend for hatching, etc.

Even bots cannot buy what isn't there.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Kevin1234598765 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Kevin1234598765's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Justin Dragonrunner
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Rain Beetle

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I was in the Bazaar just now, and had another thought -- time of day might also play into how successful any player attempting to find reagents in quantity will be. Right now, I was able to buy several reagents successfully, while I lost out on some others, and this is probably not a peak time. There could have been a hundred players doing the same thing I was doing, and I'm thinking we all had similar luck.

1. Fewer reagents being picked up by players running through areas that can now be skipped via teleporter.
      2. More players hoarding reagents for future use and/or buying them up just to spend gold.
      3. Players can now hold 999 of each reagent, whereas initially we maxed out at 99. Getting that reminder from Mr. Lincoln that we couldn't pick up some mist wood because we already had enough was a prompt to head to the Bazaar and offload some excess. Without that reminder, players just play the game obliviously until they need some gold to spend for hatching, etc.

I definitely agree wholeheartedly. I donít think bits are the main problem- it truly seems to me as if itís the scarcity of supply and the insane demand. Like @Willowdreamer stated so well, no one is really selling reagents anymore, and there are thousands of people playing wiz at any given moment, hundreds of them refreshing the bazaar and looking for the same items as each other.

I think it would be best for KI to work on fixing this supply and demand disparity instead of accidentally implementing software that might ban someone who is just refreshing too fast. It seems to me that blaming the problem on bots might lead to a fix that actually does not solve the problem on hand at all.

Spiral Shadows | Justin Dragonrunner | Woodland Graphics

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've been playing over 8 years I don't recall reagents ever being limited to 99. That's crazy low! Must have been in the early days of Wiz.

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've been playing over 8 years I don't recall reagents ever being limited to 99. That's crazy low! Must have been in the early days of Wiz.
      It was limited to 99 early in the game. I have been playing since January 2009 and subbed February 2009.
      Last edited by goldendragon18; 7-23-20 at 12:02:19 PM.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Dylan Windwalker is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life) Scot WaterWielder (Ice)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I think another good way to fix this problem is to balance out what is needed in crafting. The recipes for housing item like the Male/Female Mannequins (which I would argue is up there in the most crafted items) require a huge amount of stone blocks and fossils, but the game is also including stone blocks in a lot of other recipes too. This is what makes stone block so valuable, so many recipes need it and need A LOT of it. If the game were to vary out the requirements for recipes, then there will be a greater variety of what people are farming for. The problem now is that so many people are farming for the same reagents at the same time.

If the game developers were to vary the requirements of crafting recipes instead of writing recipes with reagents that are already rare, then the population of people farming for a certain reagent will be somewhat lower because they will be actively farming for a different reagent than another person. New recipes should be written so that it will require reagents that are less popular and there will be an increased variety.

For example in the bazaar, I often see that while stone blocks, ore, and sandstone are often bought in lightning fast speeds. But reagents like bronze gears and aquamarines are almost always at full capacity because not many recipes that are valuable to the average player requires those reagents. There's no incentive in purchasing reagents that will be sitting in the backpack, never to be used. If the game were to introduce important recipes that would require bronze gears or aquamarines, then the people who would usually be farming for stone blocks for future crafting purposes, would be farming for bronze gears and aquamarines instead. That gives a chance for people who actually need stone blocks a chance to get them because it is less likely somebody else would steal those reagents beforehand. Increasing the variety of necessary reagents will increase the total of reagents that people will farm for, such that instead of there being 8 valuable reagents, there could be 16. Instead of there being a set of reagents that are extremely sought after and set of reagents that are never bought, there could just be one set of "rare" reagents. It levels out farming...

Something to think about!!!!!!!!

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      It was limited to 99 early in the game. I have been playing since January 2009 and subbed February 2009.
      Yes, it was long ago, then -- Crafting started out with just 99 reagent limit, NO transmutes for ANY rare reagents, and we needed to craft and have 5 of each item for the quest givers -- and we managed.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I think another good way to fix this problem is to balance out what is needed in crafting. The recipes for housing item like the Male/Female Mannequins (which I would argue is up there in the most crafted items) require a huge amount of stone blocks and fossils, but the game is also including stone blocks in a lot of other recipes too. This is what makes stone block so valuable, so many recipes need it and need A LOT of it. If the game were to vary out the requirements for recipes, then there will be a greater variety of what people are farming for. The problem now is that so many people are farming for the same reagents at the same time.

If the game developers were to vary the requirements of crafting recipes instead of writing recipes with reagents that are already rare, then the population of people farming for a certain reagent will be somewhat lower because they will be actively farming for a different reagent than another person. New recipes should be written so that it will require reagents that are less popular and there will be an increased variety.

For example in the bazaar, I often see that while stone blocks, ore, and sandstone are often bought in lightning fast speeds. But reagents like bronze gears and aquamarines are almost always at full capacity because not many recipes that are valuable to the average player requires those reagents. There's no incentive in purchasing reagents that will be sitting in the backpack, never to be used. If the game were to introduce important recipes that would require bronze gears or aquamarines, then the people who would usually be farming for stone blocks for future crafting purposes, would be farming for bronze gears and aquamarines instead. That gives a chance for people who actually need stone blocks a chance to get them because it is less likely somebody else would steal those reagents beforehand. Increasing the variety of necessary reagents will increase the total of reagents that people will farm for, such that instead of there being 8 valuable reagents, there could be 16. Instead of there being a set of reagents that are extremely sought after and set of reagents that are never bought, there could just be one set of "rare" reagents. It levels out farming...

Something to think about!!!!!!!!

Stone Blocks, Ore, become available to pick up in Krok... I remember farming for weeks on end in Dragonspyre Academy for both mainly for the Fossil and Diamonds... Mandrake/Blood Moss through the streets of WC... Black Lotus/Black Pearl became available throughout Mooshu... Scrap Iron Became available in Marleybone... To this day, I still pick up those reagents when I am running.

Those who are scrambling for Stone blocks for the most part are Transmuting for Fossils. Sandstone is being Transmuted for Sunstone. The main things I saw disappearing faster than normal click and buy have been Agave Leaves to Transmute into Agave Nectar, Agave Nectar. Aether Dust to Transmute into Aether Ore with that recipe locked up in Empyrea.

As each new Crafted Spell or piece of equipments comes to the spiral, newer and more rare reagents are required. Unfortunately, KI has a habit of putting some of those reagents behind walls that many players have not yet breached but already have attained the appropriate level to craft Level restricted items including spells....This is beginning to make crafting less fun and more of a chore.

But at the rate some of these reagents are being bought, as I said, too fast for a click and buy, something isn't right. I do think @Sparck, something needs to be checked out on this issue. Whether or not there is a bot, the fact that a few have mentioned other sites, especially on the Main Message boards, the possibility is there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it was long ago, then -- Crafting started out with just 99 reagent limit, NO transmutes for ANY rare reagents, and we needed to craft and have 5 of each item for the quest givers -- and we managed.

WatchTower Hall was one of those recipes back then that needed massive amounts of reagents for creating each aspect of that Hall. My Myth crafted that one and I had reagents stacked everywhere I could find a place to put them until I could craft each item. LOL. I don't think I want to craft another house.

Fallon WinterLeaf

jlegendwielder is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      Stone Blocks, Ore, become available to pick up in Krok... I remember farming for weeks on end in Dragonspyre Academy for both mainly for the Fossil and Diamonds... Mandrake/Blood Moss through the streets of WC... Black Lotus/Black Pearl became available throughout Mooshu... Scrap Iron Became available in Marleybone... To this day, I still pick up those reagents when I am running.

Those who are scrambling for Stone blocks for the most part are Transmuting for Fossils. Sandstone is being Transmuted for Sunstone. The main things I saw disappearing faster than normal click and buy have been Agave Leaves to Transmute into Agave Nectar, Agave Nectar. Aether Dust to Transmute into Aether Ore with that recipe locked up in Empyrea.

As each new Crafted Spell or piece of equipments comes to the spiral, newer and more rare reagents are required. Unfortunately, KI has a habit of putting some of those reagents behind walls that many players have not yet breached but already have attained the appropriate level to craft Level restricted items including spells....This is beginning to make crafting less fun and more of a chore.

But at the rate some of these reagents are being bought, as I said, too fast for a click and buy, something isn't right. I do think @Sparck, something needs to be checked out on this issue. Whether or not there is a bot, the fact that a few have mentioned other sites, especially on the Main Message boards, the possibility is there.

I think crafting was imagined, designed, and created to be a chore--a massive one!

The expectation was not that you would buy anything in the bazaar, but that you would find a spot with about a minute real time of running, make that run gathering reagents along the way, change realm, run back, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Oh, how many hours (days, months, really) I've spent in Grand Chasm past ("You, what are you doink?") farming stone blocks (PunkyMax taught us that one, back in the day), in Path of Scales farming ore/diamonds, in Crustacean Empire gathering thousands of kelp (and so disappointed when a rare aether dropped, 'cause I didn't need it), in Mooshu/Marleybone after cattail, in Ariel Shore for aethyr dust...

Change realm, change realm, change realm...that's how it used to be done. You even learned how to tell when there was another farmer ahead of you.

Talk about an acquired taste...but I, at least, enjoyed it. The bean counter in me.

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast