Mood:
      Hot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Bot purchasing of key ingredients like Sand & Sunstone is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      There is no way human fingers are fast enough to purchase all 100 Empowers in one sweep. This is what I saw last night and I could not buy even one before they were gone
      Just wanted to comment on this one specially.

1) Empowers are the most sought out item in the bazaar. At any given time, there could be dozens, maybe hundreds of people buying empowers. A couple are almost definitely bots.

2) Scrolling to page 5 is actually very inefficient. It takes 4 pages to scroll, a second to find the word "empower" to click, and then buy.

The fastest way is to click "cost" twice, and empower will pop up on the top of the screen, because it will be the most expensive death TC. This also means empower will already be selected.

Death symbol -> Cost -> Cost -> Buy -> Enter key. Repeat.

I think this is a strategy many people don't know about. It's helped me get empowers in large batches pretty consistently (like 50% of the time).
      Last edited by Patrick FairyStalker; 11-7-20 at 6:59:55 PM.

ChoGath is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFrost View Post
      ... if you are using software that keeps other players from being to access something that is meant to be available to EVERYONE that is a big issue.

This needs to be looked at immediately and should be top end of the priority list for KI. The Bazaar has become a war ground and its pretty sad.
      I continue to see periods of times at the Bazaar where the market is reduced to less than a page of items offered. I was hopeful a few months after I opened this thread, where I saw pages of offerings and decent quantities of key ingredients. 3+ months on, my recent observations seem to show the market is back-sliding into non-existence.

Honestly, this ruins the crafting experience.
      Last edited by ChoGath; 11-8-20 at 5:26:52 PM.

DV8ONE is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I have to agree there is something wrong. As I am a returning player after taking a few years away. I dont recall ever seeing so few regeants for sale. I took a look this morning just to see how bad it was. Literaly less than 1 paige of items for sale. There is just no way that can be good for the game.

You could argue that more people are playing the game. If that was the case one would think there would be more regeants available not less. If this is the new norm. I wouldnt wish crafting on any new players in the game.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DV8ONE View Post
      I have to agree there is something wrong. As I am a returning player after taking a few years away. I dont recall ever seeing so few regeants for sale. I took a look this morning just to see how bad it was. Literaly less than 1 paige of items for sale. There is just no way that can be good for the game.

You could argue that more people are playing the game. If that was the case one would think there would be more regeants available not less. If this is the new norm. I wouldnt wish crafting on any new players in the game.

And how about this?

Population has decreased and the average player has aged; mostly it's now veterans with maxed and/or multi accounts and there are a lot less "new" players arriving.

Consequence, there is less "experimenting" with picking up "anything that shines" (aka getting reagents from map);

there is more hoarding because people know that they need a lot of this or that, in future, so

there is less selling and more selective harvesting/battling/collecting to grab exactly what one needs or will need (aka farming specific areas thus not 'wasting time' in other where different reagets could be found);

many people plan in advance and increase the hoarding by so much;

the empower black market further pushes people to hoard rare reagents so that they have something to exchange to get the empowers they want when needed;

and finally the increased amounts of craftable stuff since 60 levels ago makes for A LOT more reagents needed generally. But no further sources (except for the new reagents introduced each time) are added, or at least not as many proportionally speaking.

Result :

Market is pretty empty during some high density hours (when I play, there are always 3 to 5 pages of reagents available, for instance).

how does that sound?

ChoGath is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      And how about this?
      Population has decreased and the average player has aged; mostly it's now veterans with maxed and/or multi accounts and there are a lot less "new" players arriving.
      Consequence, there is less ...
      Result :
      Market is pretty empty during some high density hours (when I play, there are always 3 to 5 pages of reagents available, for instance).
      how does that sound?
      Perhaps you missed the research done in the early part of the thread, around page 5 ...

Quote Originally Posted by jlegendwielder View Post
      This thread has captured my interest and exposed my ignorance, so today I worked on both.
      Did some research on "wizard101 bot" and got several interesting hits.
      Apparently, the programming language for such things is python.
      One guy had a g----b account where you could ostensibly download a tc buying bot. ...And a claim that he was going to upload a Halfang farming bot "soon".
      ...Another guy has a y-----e video of his reagent bot in action. Starts with the bazaar reagent screen and JokerOne presses go and a bot screen pops up where he types in what he is after, and presses go. Bot goes pretty darned fast and moves through all the actions that we have to take and gets its targets, if any. Maybe he has to do this for each run (hoping for more to appear in the meantime). Certainly he did it for each different reagent, but maybe it could be set up with a list of reagents to harvest. That certainly seemed to be how the tc bot was supposed to work. ...
      Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      I did a bit of research as well and one of the "bots" I came across, the person stated all he had to do was list what he wanted such as: Flying Squid Ink, Shocked Keys, and Shinning Scales etc., and let it go. It would run on it's own until he was out of gold.

Earlier this evening, I was in the bazaar and thought I would try to get a few Flying Squid Ink. I came across 5 but could not get even one. I refreshed and clicked to last page and there were 53 Shocked Keys and 10 Shinning Scales. Again, I could not get a single one.

I wonder though, if they are setting "bots" to buy, can they also set a "bot" to sell other things to replenish that gold. I do remember reading about a year ago that a player was using a bot in the game and as long as he was logged in, it would do whatever he programmed it to do. I didn't think much of it at that time.
      The videos seem a "smoking gun" to me ...

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ChoGath View Post
      Perhaps you missed the research done in the early part of the thread, around page 5 ...

....to include the fact the videos on the bazaar bot are posted more recently (within last two years).....when the strange bazaar activity started (as in as more people found it, used it, and the problem increased). Before that, it was just videos on Cheat Engine and fake Crowns generators.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      And how about this?

Consequence, there is less "experimenting" with picking up "anything that shines" (aka getting reagents from map);

there is more hoarding because people know that they need a lot of this or that, in future, so

there is less selling and more selective harvesting/battling/collecting to grab exactly what one needs or will need (aka farming specific areas thus not 'wasting time' in other where different reagets could be found);

many people plan in advance and increase the hoarding by so much;

the empower black market further pushes people to hoard rare reagents so that they have something to exchange to get the empowers they want when needed;

and finally the increased amounts of craftable stuff since 60 levels ago makes for A LOT more reagents needed generally. But no further sources (except for the new reagents introduced each time) are added, or at least not as many proportionally speaking.

Result :

how does that sound?
      Yes, I think I listed all of this earlier in the thread here, plus the Quicksell feature, which allows players to avoid visiting the Bazaar to sell, and teleporters, which moves people through zones more quickly while at the same time moving them past reagent spawns that used to be harvested along the paths they had to run through before.

But, maybe bots also.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ChoGath View Post

I did not miss it.

But although that kind of Scripting can have a local influence on a very short-term search, it isn't enough to influence the "big numbers" of trading.

let's say that you have 10 bots, each set to buy the same reagent, (imagine a reagent that cost 1000 gold). and each account having, say, 400k. That means that each account can buy 400 of that reagent, which makes 4000 units will go out of stock.

Now, if during a day, the market trades 5000 units, then there is a big loss of available stocks, and the bot action is very relevant.

On the other side, if there were 5000k units traded during a day, then the bot influence would be very minor.

You can see, if you read this and other threads attentively, that everyone is complaining about different reagents: sometimes it's rarer stuff like fling squid ink; other times it's something more common lile cat's tails, or even stone blocks, ore, or diamonds.

for the bots to be influencing so many different reagents, the trading must be low, OR the botting must be very important (let's say, about 20% of active accounts, which is a fair estimation given from very limited data).

Assuming that 20% of accounts botting would be very noticeably by KI (scripts don't behave "humanly" by nature), who would then easily identify and take actions accordingly, I class it as "impossible".
      And as Sherlock Holmes said, once you remove the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

The only valid alternative, therefore, is the one picture that I showed you earlier.

Which doesn't exclude the fact that some people may be Scripting, BUT, it explains that the issue won't be solved once you ban them for good from the game. That's all I was saying.

If you want further proof of what I explained, look into KI new strategy : lots of "events", way more adult that what the original game was for, load of grinding and off-topic stuff addressed to an audience that may be "fed up" with the main storyline... having completed it (maybe several times already).

Jonathan Greenflame is offline Master Wizard

• Jonathan Greenflame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan Greenflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Confused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've thought both ways on this and I'm not sure whether it's bots or just lack of selling going on. One thing that would be nice, if using the quick sell feature incorporated in the game. Items that can be sold in the Bazaar, if using the quick sell feature, let those stock the shelves of the Bazaar just like you were visiting the Bazaar to sell them.

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      Yes, I think I listed all of this earlier in the thread here, plus the Quicksell feature, which allows players to avoid visiting the Bazaar to sell, and teleporters, which moves people through zones more quickly while at the same time moving them past reagent spawns that used to be harvested along the paths they had to run through before.

But, maybe bots also.

New bots are coming out everyday. As soon as one is shut down, that supplier is up and running again on a new site most of the time but I have found them using their originals as well.

I have recently come across another that could be very devastating to some of the raffles on Central. There are bots for the Wizard101 Trivia as well as the Dance game for pets.

As @jlegendwielder mentioned in an earlier post, the language is python. Unfortunately, as soon as a new bot is tagged, the creators will make some changes and go at it again. One that I came across claims to be and underpaid game Dev. I certainly hope that Dev is not one that is connected to W101.

I am not the only one from Central that researches these bots. I do however, REPORT every one I find that is directed toward Wizard101.

There is evidence that some of the sites have been located. Some of the Bots, as of 2 months ago, are being blocked in game and the players are probably banned.

But, as we all know, and SHOULD have read the ToS when we created our accounts. This particular section plainly states that "Robots, Spiders, or any other means of automatic process, are against the ToS.

"""The bots ARE against Terms of Service, which we did actually agree to when signing up. As the section “Access and Interface” states,
      You agree that you will not (a) use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site, (b) use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on this site or for any other unauthorized purpose without the prior written consent of the Company, (c) use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, (d) attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site, (e) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Company’s infrastructure, or (f) access, reload or “refresh” transactional pages, or make any other request to transactional servers, more than once during any three (3) second interval."""
      That has been posted in the past and again recently. If you don't want to lose your account, you need to avoid the use of any type of bot in this game.
      Last edited by goldendragon18; 11-10-20 at 5:14:59 PM.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast