ChoGath is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Bot purchasing of key ingredients like Sand & Sunstone is ridiculous

I don't know if anyone is paying attention to bazaar purchasing these days. I've been farming and selling my loot at the bazaar in the hope of financing my crafting needs. I regularly watch the buy offerings and then click to buy JUST ONE of the 20-50-200 unit offerings that occasionally spring up. I consistently receive "sold" notices in the milliseconds of time it takes me to hit the OK to JUST BUY ONE. They are all gone in a blink of the eye, a blink that a "buy bot" takes to mechanically buy all of these ingredients.

In the old days, when there were more players, the volume of material sold would allow folks to at least get some of the material available. Nowadays, it seems the "buy bot"s are many, while us poor real people in the bazaar are few.

This really needs to be fixed.

Lady Cat is online now Prodigious

• Lady Cat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie Shadowstalker ,Stephanie Legendweaver ,Stephanie Spiritsinger,Stephen Dragondreamer and 6
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luna
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Black Cat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Bot purchasing of key ingredients like Sand & Sunstone is ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by ChoGath View Post
      I don't know if anyone is paying attention to bazaar purchasing these days. I've been farming and selling my loot at the bazaar in the hope of financing my crafting needs. I regularly watch the buy offerings and then click to buy JUST ONE of the 20-50-200 unit offerings that occasionally spring up. I consistently receive "sold" notices in the milliseconds of time it takes me to hit the OK to JUST BUY ONE. They are all gone in a blink of the eye, a blink that a "buy bot" takes to mechanically buy all of these ingredients.

In the old days, when there were more players, the volume of material sold would allow folks to at least get some of the material available. Nowadays, it seems the "buy bot"s are many, while us poor real people in the bazaar are few.

I agree the wizards using third party programing should be banned for life . Lady cat says meow
      <a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic506_7.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...igpic506_7.gif</a>

elplatano21 is offline Master Wizard

• elplatano21's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  john life hunter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Miss Orio
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Polar Cat

Mood:
      Friendly

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I never noticed it, then again I am not buying those reagents, but I sold 200 pears and sandstone and they were gone pretty fast.

KI should implement a feature that prevent those apps from working, like if you refresh 15+ times you have to type something, this will fix a lot of the issues.
      siggy/
      siggy/avi by Autumn Ice
      and proved by Chris Heart

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Old reagents like Mist Wood or Cat Tails use to be consistently in stock and at high numbers. Reagents like that are now sold out and very fast too (like the old Diamond, Stone Block or Golden Pearl days). Additionally, there are less total pages of reagent tabs now than previously. One user recently uploaded a photo to the devs on Twitter that showed the reagent tab with only 8 total reagents for sell in the Bazaar. Something is definitely going on.

JaredSpellFrost is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hmm, I always thought that Players were just faster than me... But Bots would explain this! I hope that KingsIsle can probe into this and flush out any Bots, if there are any.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ChoGath View Post

I run into this issue everytime I try to buy any reagent. I know I am not that slow but it is very frustrating to not be able to get even 1 item. After a few hours, I finally just give up and stop trying.

I was always under the impression that "Bots" for any reason was bannable in the game.

I agree this needs to be fixed.

SIDENOTE: I wonder if this has anything to do with some of the posts I have seen about trades being done on other sites???
      Quote Originally Posted by elplatano21 View Post
      I never noticed it, then again I am not buying those reagents, but I sold 200 pears and sandstone and they were gone pretty fast.

KI should implement a feature that prevent those apps from working, like if you refresh 15+ times you have to type something, this will fix a lot of the issues.
      Those using a "Buy Bot" probably are refreshing that many times but, then again they might. I know when I am trying to find certain reagents, I will refresh a lot more than that.
      Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
      Old reagents like Mist Wood or Cat Tails use to be consistently in stock and at high numbers. Reagents like that are now sold out and very fast too (like the old Diamond, Stone Block or Golden Pearl days). Additionally, there are less total pages of reagent tabs now than previously. One user recently uploaded a photo to the devs on Twitter that showed the reagent tab with only 8 total reagents for sell in the Bazaar. Something is definitely going on.
      You are right. There used to be at least 5-7 pages consistantly. Now, it might be 3-4 at most.

During the last Double Garden benefit, it got down to 0 items for a few minutes but if any reagent did pop up, it was immediately gone.

NOTE:
      Sadly, this isn't the only thing Bots are being used for. From what I understand there is one that works in KI Free Games for answering quizzes.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 7-22-20 at 5:52:21 PM. Reason: asterisks

Fallon WinterLeaf

Dylan Windwalker is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker (Balance), Valerian JadeBlade (Life) Scot WaterWielder (Ice)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Bot purchasing of key ingredients like Sand &amp; Sunstone is ridiculous

I bazaar farm all the time for Reagents. I barely get anything and maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get a portion of what I had intended to purchase. I almost never get stone blocks and ore (especially because ore takes a couple of pages of clicking, in which a bot could easily swipe up everything before I even get there), those are by far the most difficult reagents to get. Sandstone is maybe only a little more difficult but not by much. Since the starting letters start with "S", it's far quicker for people with super fast computers to simply click the alphabetical order twice and take them all in record seconds, either that or a third party program is legitimately reading for certain lines of code that reads for particular words like "stone block" or "ore". Farming for reagents gives me a headache especially in the circumstance somebody for some reason sells 20+ of the reagent I want, and then I never get a chance to get it.

But Kingsisle is never going to make getting reagents like stone blocks or ore any easier since they introduced the crowns-only reagent bundles in the crowns shop. I don't know how often people purchase those but for how quickly the same reagents are bought from the bazaar, I highly doubt that the reagent bundles are actually profitable for the company (definitely not in comparison to how money is scooped up from packs). So at this point they're waging an insignificant profit as more valuable than the suffering of those who are bazaar farming for reagents.

I think the simplest solution is for Kingsisle to just take their losses, remove the reagent bundles from the crown shop, and create a reagent vendor for the simple reagents like cat tail, mist wood, ore, stone blocks, and sandstone. But like a lot of things that are just, business rules above all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
      I've been farming for Cat tail recently and I'm surprised at how quickly that extremely basic reagent is taken so quickly. I've almost never used a cat tail in my entire life of crafting and I honestly don't know what is so important that players must craft using Cat tail... unless every player that is buying cat tail is trying to craft the GH house, which takes many water lilies to craft. Maybe there's an important crafting recipe revolving water lillies but even that is pretty obscure of a reagent to be used. Before I started crafting the GH house, I had many many cat tails from just simply fight drops (I never previously farmed for cat tails) and many water tails.

Now I could hardly get more than 10 cat tails when it displays 30+, or any cat tails during those situations.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I don't really know anything about bots, but I think certain shifts in the game have contributed to these shortages in the Bazaar. Teleporters that allow skipping the areas that we all used to have to run through makes it so players skip collecting reagents in their travels, and if they aren't picked up, reagents aren't being sold in the Bazaar either.

Max level players are almost constantly hitting the gold cap, and the easiest thing to buy at the Bazaar are reagents, since we can hold so many of each. Adding the Crafting element to the Spiral Showcase encourages players to stockpile reagents they'll need for their favorite recipes. Stockpiling in general has increased, due to the difficulty level of the newer crafting recipes everyone wants to be prepared for. Blaming bots seems easy, recognizing that the economy of the game is shifting isn't as easy to pin down, but I think it's a factor.

If anyone needs reagents here on Central, all they have to do is let the rest of us know and someone always helps out. I have both sandstone and sunstones if they are needed.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Kevin1234598765 is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Kevin1234598765's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Justin Dragonrunner
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Rain Beetle

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Iím a reagent hoarder, Iím not gonna lie, and I generally pick up a ton of reagents from the bazaar. It helps that I have a decently nice laptop that doesnít lag at the bazaar. Having a fast laptop and a fast internet connect is pretty key in bazaar farming. If I had to venture a guess, this is the reason why reagents always seem to go fast- some players just have better systems/hardware to work with.

Spiral Shadows | Justin Dragonrunner | Woodland Graphics

Fredwardo is offline Master Wizard

• Fredwardo's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kyle Ironmender
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Chico
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Egg

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've seen people use scripts to auto-buy and search for bazaar items so bots are most definitely a thing. However I do agree with @Willowdreamer that there has been a shift in culture. There are less players overall and more specifically there are less casual players who would just sell regents. I would argue that most of the people who play daily definitely craft since its an integral part of the game.

Add up people hitting the gold cap and the best way to get rid of gold is to stock buy reagents since they are easily liquidated back to gold if need arises.

I'm pretty lucky myself and I always buyout stuff from the bazaar when I hit gold cap. Just yesterday I got lucky and bought 30 diamonds in one swoop. My hardware is also really good as well.

AMAMAZING SIGGY MADE BY THE BEAUTIFUL EMERALD GEM OF LIGHT

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast