Mood:
      Friendly

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Weeks 1 & 2 Spell changes Summer 2020

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      I know you maybe being ironic but there are Central posters who are either paid shills or literally work for KI. Then you have youtubers, no big names mentioned who pedal the lies. Don't get me wrong you got to get paid. However when you are a trusted person people expect the truth from you. It's clear to see truth and honesty has been sold out for a pay check. How do you for example say gear % will become a rating, yet say we all want an upgrade of the Darkmoor Storm robe? Any change in % to rating is lowering a 30 old level robe so the new robe either matches the old one or is an upgrade, on the original downgrade.

Yea, there are KI employee here in Central, after all this is the biggest forum for W101, but you are not looking at the bigger picture.

Same is when new spells come in that improve the top spells yet only after top shadow spells are nerfed.

I'm sick of paid off by KI people.

Why be level 140 for example when you still weaker than 100-130 for the last 5 years. We don't need new levels we need content to play. As I said who cares about gear updates when you lower the best gear in game.

I don't think you are looking at this update right, lvl 100-130 are still going to be weaker than 140 after this update, now if you mean lvl 100 from 5 years ago vs lvl 100 now, then sure lvl 100 now would be a little weaker than 5 years ago but that is OK because EVERYTHING else also match the nerf.

Also if you change % to "ratings" are you going to refund me and everyone spending money FOR A CHANCE of getting items like the Jade gear? For the Crowns spent on chests for Darkmoor gear? We spent money for specific items. whether we got them or not. Morally and legally we paid for these items not ratings but percentages
      Man, someone sounds mad.. well when you buy a piece of gear (either with money or gold) they can still change the stats, you STILL keep the gear, so you paid for those items, you keep those items, they legally can change those items (morally.. I think they NEED to change those stats, they are breaking the game).

For example, you buy a Couch Potato for mega snacks, they can legally remove the mega snacks, but you keep the seed.

I don't think you are understanding what they are trying to do, they are balancing the game. Sure it is a nerf, but would you rather see mobs have 8k health? Would you rather see a boss with 80k health everywhere? SO those spells needed to be nerf (and took them long for this to happen)

Resist and damage is a BIG problem right now, I can understand that for PVE you want a lot of health, damage, and resist... but if KI wants to make the new world a little more challenging then they will need to increase the mobs and bosses' health, damage and resist.. which is fine BUT PVP is going to suffer because of that.

We don't know how they are going to implement those changes, BUT something must be done because immunity and high damage is getting out of hand, either you go immune or you go full damage, that is NOT balance.
      siggy/
      siggy/avi by Autumn Ice
      and proved by Chris Heart

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      I know you maybe being ironic but there are Central posters who are either paid shills or literally work for KI. Then you have youtubers, no big names mentioned who pedal the lies. Don't get me wrong you got to get paid. However when you are a trusted person people expect the truth from you. It's clear to see truth and honesty has been sold out for a pay check. How do you for example say gear % will become a rating, yet say we all want an upgrade of the Darkmoor Storm robe? Any change in % to rating is lowering a 30 old level robe so the new robe either matches the old one or is an upgrade, on the original downgrade.

Same is when new spells come in that improve the top spells yet only after top shadow spells are nerfed.

I'm sick of paid off by KI people.

Why be level 140 for example when you still weaker than 100-130 for the last 5 years. We don't need new levels we need content to play. As I said who cares about gear updates when you lower the best gear in game.

Also if you change % to "ratings" are you going to refund me and everyone spending money FOR A CHANCE of getting items like the Jade gear? For the Crowns spent on chests for Darkmoor gear? We spent money for specific items. whether we got them or not. Morally and legally we paid for these items not ratings but percentages

Yes, there are going to be changes in some of the gear. But Please remember, the game belongs to KI. It is their house and they can do as they see fit.....Many of us PAY TO PLAY, but that doesn't change the facts. Jade gear has been a problem for a long time. The gear has to be adjusted.

As for the Packs and Chests????? Everyone knows those are ONLY CHANCES. Nothing is a guarantee. I do buy a pack or 2 now and then but I am not going to get upset over not getting something. I would be better off just buying a Bundle rather than spend excessive amounts on Packs or chests.

KI staff do come here and have just as much right as the rest of us. How else do you expect them to understand what the community is reacting to changes or what they may want to see in the game. Not everyone is a paying member. Many are Crowns players. But I don't see any of them spreading lies either. AND, they aren't always free to give out any specific information.

Some YouTubers are creating battle videos and others are relaying a few things that they plainly state they can't always verify. Some have been creating videos regarding Spell changes and giving us a look at other aspects that need to be changed to help balance the game better. Again, I have not seen any who are creating and passing along lies.

Now, I set this thread up so that all players who aren't aware of another option to compare their spell changes based on current live game and Test Realm can do so. Test is getting very close to going live so let's use the time for constructive feedback.

Fallon WinterLeaf

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'd like to respond to GoldenDragon18 and elplatano21 sometime soon. Sadly I suspect test will be live by the time I wake up, so may tag and respond elsewhere, with test likely locked. With all the craziness of the virus going on and my "escape" from reality being in flux too, it is tough to keep calm and express myself, more so knowing KI really doesn't care about long term players any more.

jlegendwielder is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by elplatano21 View Post
      I don't think you are understanding what they are trying to do, they are balancing the game. Sure it is a nerf, but would you rather see mobs have 8k health? Would you rather see a boss with 80k health everywhere? SO those spells needed to be nerf (and took them long for this to happen)

I have wanted to post a thread on this issue, since the misconception in this quote is SO COMMON in the discussion of the update, but let me do it in this post.

Mobs with 8k health? No problem. Instead of a nerf, just double our punching power (get it? multiply, not divide) and we and the game will be fine.

Mob health growth was frozen (at a reduced level) after Khrysalis. By the end of Khrysalis part one (Ghost Dog, Crescent Beach, Starfall Sea) mobs and minions had as much as 5000hp. In Polaris, Mirage, and Empyrea, that hp was nerfed and players had an easier time soloing those worlds.

Take that 5000hp mob and multiply it by 3 = 15,000hp!

No problem. Just boost our hitting power by a similar factor and RESULTS WON'T CHANGE.

Or, of course, you could nerf both instead, as they are going to do. Either way will work, neither is required.

The bosses' difficulty in later worlds has come from their cheats, not their hp. Think of Medulla and Grandfather Spider.

If our spells are now "overpowered" (in someone's imagination), then mobs with greater health in later worlds should be no problem. NO NERF NEEDED.

And of course, the real test is not some DPPLSMFT pseudo-calculation, it's how is your experience of the game? Winning your battles? You happy. Losing all the time? Nerf the corpusculars out of 'em!!!

Always remember, it really is about pvp, pve is trivial.

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

ChoGath is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      Final Bastion now has a listing showing all spells that have been nerfed or are being nerfed for weeks 1 and 2. This list is showing each spell card, not just a description......
      Can someone explain to me why Ice gets 95 per pip @75% accuracy on their snow barrage and Storm gets 80 per pip @70% accuracy with Tempest?

Changes from Live Realm:

• Now does 95 Ice Damage per pip to all opponents

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12