Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: KI Live Summer Test Realm Teaser

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      Apparently, that player must be one who is what we used to call "Hardcore". The harder the challenge the better some like it.

Once again, it does not matter what those of us that don't PvP say. PvE will become even less fun and more challenging.

It does no good to try to salvage anything in the game anymore where PvE is concerned. As usual, PvP gets the final say.

As for what the Devs have provided, none of that information gets to Central or even the main forums. All of those are now on Twitter, Switch and other platforms that most don't subscribe to. Nothing is explained.
      Twitter has a much higher engagement rate than even central does nowadays. The info is out there for those who want access to it. As for the eternal PvP vs PvE debate, as Sparck said earlier- the team is trying to play catch-up with PvP after it was neglected for a number of years. This does not mean they are ignoring PvE- on the contrary: many of the changes that are coming are in an effort to revitalize PvE.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

Willowdreamer is offline Moderator

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stormbringer View Post
      Twitter has a much higher engagement rate than even central does nowadays. The info is out there for those who want access to it. As for the eternal PvP vs PvE debate, as Sparck said earlier- the team is trying to play catch-up with PvP after it was neglected for a number of years. This does not mean they are ignoring PvE- on the contrary: many of the changes that are coming are in an effort to revitalize PvE.
      We casual players also tend to be casual about where we go for news about the game, that's true. We used to have members who would share the various social media site discussions here, but they have fallen away over time, which is sad. If Kingsisle is moving away from official fansites in favor of social media, then those of us who don't move with them will be left behind. No one enjoys being left behind.

Casual players are not saying that the developers are ignoring PvE, we are trying to include the opinions of the casual players in the overall effect on the game that ANY proposed changes will have. There is no reason for us to be arguing among ourselves as to whose opinion is more valid, all of our voices should be heard and included. This is part of the community manager's job, no? @Sparck?

Now, if we are wrong about facts, then we should be corrected, but we are not wrong to have our own feelings about our game. If it feels to us that the game is not going in the direction we like, we should say so. If our opinions don't have any effect on game development, then Kingsisle will lose us as customers. Kids and family were the foundation of the game - losing the whimsy and magical nature of things in favor of competition --power and damage stats -- is sad.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      We casual players also tend to be casual about where we go for news about the game, that's true. We used to have members who would share the various social media site discussions here, but they have fallen away over time, which is sad. If Kingsisle is moving away from official fansites in favor of social media, then those of us who don't move with them will be left behind. No one enjoys being left behind.

Casual players are not saying that the developers are ignoring PvE, we are trying to include the opinions of the casual players in the overall effect on the game that ANY proposed changes will have. There is no reason for us to be arguing among ourselves as to whose opinion is more valid, all of our voices should be heard and included. This is part of the community manager's job, no? @Sparck?

Now, if we are wrong about facts, then we should be corrected, but we are not wrong to have our own feelings about our game. If it feels to us that the game is not going in the direction we like, we should say so. If our opinions don't have any effect on game development, then Kingsisle will lose us as customers. Kids and family were the foundation of the game - losing the whimsy and magical nature of things in favor of competition --power and damage stats -- is sad.

Thank you. I just wish more casual players would join in these discussions.

What many don't realize is that a lot of players/families have already left the game. Many that have returned due to Covid-19 will probably be gone when they discover just how much is and has been changed if they are casual players. Those who are more of the CHALLENGE seekers may stick around for a while.

The "whimsy and magical nature" is fading much faster than any of us ever thought would happen.

The "Competition" aspect has taken over the game as can be seen by the demands to nerf spells, it release of Beastmoon(more PvP but with specific spells.) The PvP arena was broken years ago and instead of the Devs scrapping and rebuilding it with it's own set spells, shortcuts were taken by just nerfing PvE spells. To offset the fact it is broken, "Event" are released into the game that are almost as broken. But, unless I misunderstand, Beastmoon does have a specific set of spells??????

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...#axzz6Qg5vVapF

So why could something similar not be done for the original PvP Arena with it's own set of permanent spells based on school. Even if the spells from PvE are used but adjusted for PvP ONLY. Beastmoon event proves it is possible to have a specific set for any event. The Creature spells used across the entire PvE proves spells can be coded for specific use not available to the PvE community and the reverse is also true for PvP.

I suspect the discussions from the past regarding the nerfing spells in PvE that did involve more casual players is why many have already left. How many more nerfs to PvE spells are going to happen before this game becomes even less fun and more kids/families find other ways or games to have fun. At some point, many more are going to say it is enough.

@Willowdreamer said it best with this: Now, if we are wrong about facts, then we should be corrected, but we are not wrong to have our own feelings about our game. If it feels to us that the game is not going in the direction we like, we should say so. If our opinions don't have any effect on game development, then Kingsisle will lose us as customers. Kids and family were the foundation of the game - losing the whimsy and magical nature of things in favor of competition --power and damage stats -- is sad.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Allison DeathWielder is offline Archmage Wizard

• Allison DeathWielder's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  (I'm male irl) Allison | Roslyn | Emily | Bailey | Morgan | Calamity | Destiny
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I consider myself a casual player who doesn't PvP, but I don't see an issue with these proposed changes from a PvE perspective. Because many people seem to have missed it, or choose to ignore it, let me remind you:

If these changes are put into effect, monsters will ALSO be nerfed to compensate, meaning that there will be absolutely no noticeable change to the PvE experience while at the same time PvP gets the balance it needs.

NO ONE is being ignored. KI is listening and taking measures to ensure that BOTH sides get what they need. I just don't understand how anyone can be arguing against this no matter what your perspective, unless you simply choose to ignore half the insight we've been given so that you can pretend that your side is being attacked.

Let me repeat that again:

Your PvE experience WILL NOT change. Visually you'll see lower numbers, but that will apply to monster health and spell damage as well.

In every conceivable way, this is a non-issue and I can only see positives for PvP players without any harm to PvE players like myself. A full spell audit will also ensure that this holds true across the board, as all spells will be moved in line with the changes to enemies.

Editing to add one last sentiment:

I WOULD definitely like to see less cheating bosses in the future. If we could have improved AI for the enemies, so that they can use a measure of strategy within the same rules as the player, that would go a long way toward keeping fights feeling fair. We would lose the blade-feint-hit cycle, because enemies would have strategies to plan for stuff like that and (hopefully) the AI to recognize when a situation like that may be being attempted, but they would attempt to counter it one spell at a time just like we do. I think that would make bosses far more fun.
      Last edited by Allison DeathWielder; 6-28-20 at 4:14:18 PM. Reason: typo

1 account, 7 Wizards. Over 10 years of adventure

Sig and pfp made with help from Ashley SandFlower

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Allison DeathWielder View Post
      NO ONE is being ignored. KI is listening and taking measures to ensure that BOTH sides get what they need. I just don't understand how anyone can be arguing against this no matter what your perspective, unless you simply choose to ignore half the insight we've been given so that you can pretend that your side is being attacked.
      There is a difference between actually being ignored and FEELING ignored. Members can certainly feel ignored, especially when they attempt to speak up and perceive a lack of responsiveness from the other parties to a discussion.

I don't feel ignored in this thread, but there have been occasions where the community has voiced strong opinions only to have unpopular changes made anyway.

Perhaps there is a lack of understanding, or a fear of the unknown, at play here. Once the Test Realm is open, more details should come to light.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

ChoGath is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      There is a difference between actually being ignored and FEELING ignored. ...
      After five and a half years, it's hard to tell the difference - Concerned W101 PvP seems to be dying at the root

On the positive side, I watched the hour and half round table with the KI developers and was very encouraged to come back and see where this all lands. Many of the old barriers to entry and balancing issues seem to be actively in KI's development roadmap. If the boss encounter time lengths and success rates are kept constant (per the Blake PvP interview video), then I don't see where there's a material impact for PvE folks. Giving Myth some PvE love for the higher level worlds is the most humane thing I've heard in ages.

In total, I see this as a huge win for the overall health of the in-game community.

AriaRayne is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• AriaRayne's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alyssa N./Haley.J/Destiny.R
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Misterwhiskers,kingfluffy,Nala
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze beast spark beast and timberland yeti

Mood:
      Friendly

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I consider myself a very casual player. I liked the challenge of Mirage and Empyrea..challenges only make me a better healer and player overall. It can get hard and then I feel like complaining and discouraged but after a few tries and advice later I feel more equipped about what to expect and the fight becomes easier and easier overtime.

I was disappointed that the spells are getting nerfed but if the mobs and bosses are adjusted accordingly I will just adapt and learn and move on there is no point in getting upset over a game.

The only thing I will be vocal about is how long AZ and Khyrsalis is and that KI should take a look at their quest line and shorten it.

I played PVP once during the 3rd age and made it to Warlord after that I never touched PVP again. I had a really negative experience and decided that being in the arena and being surrounded by people who acted like they were better then you wasn't and isn't the atmosphere I wanted or want to be in. I don't think I will PVP again no matter the change.

I am looking forward to the new Beastmoon event and the challenge of it all Can't wait!

I have to chime in here. I think a lot of the community feels as if we are being ignored. There have been a few of us that chime in on a regular basis and be vocal about what we like and what we don't. Namely the UI and then the Pet Kiosk price hike. We have spoken up via Feedback section and yet our voice was not heard or nothing was said about it. I am not saying that KI has completely ignored the community but I will say KI hasn't been exactly open with what the company has been implementing or even acknowledged that KI has heard our concerns and wants to put the effort in to actually listen and take feedback.

I am not trying to put down Sparck either...Sparck has been and continues to be an amazing CM and is doing his best.

Avi and siggy by Spellbinder

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ChoGath View Post
      After five and a half years, it's hard to tell the difference
      Yeah, well, being a Pirate101 player gives one a good sense for it. Wizard101-only players should know how good they have it.

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

It's a consistency issue. Mana Burn was removing effectively 6 pips worth of value(not 3) as the card stated. The correction to mana burn simply fixed that value.

As for Lore- it was very OP when looked at with Balances spell standards. It dealt above dpp damage while adding 2 disruptive effects. The power of the spell was bought down in line with spell balancing rules and is still valued at above what it should be under those rules.

We know the shadow spells are being rebalanced to better fit with said rules and on the KI Live and roundtables the devs have stated that a total spell audit across the entire game may be something they could pursue moving forward.
      Before kingsisle nerf shadow spells kingisle need look at other spells and make sure they add up. Myth minions aren't pve compatible in hgher worlds there more liability then a aid. They lost there overall usefulness really around celestia when everything starts to critical and more bosses cheats. I support a fundemental check before messing with shadow spells.

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Yep. The Devs are certainly playing Catch-up.... for PvP. AT the expense of PvE players. That was very evident when I went to Test Realm today.

They are ignoring PvE no matter how it is worded. When you Chop a 5 pip+1 Shadow pip spell keeping the same pip cost but reducing damage any where from 300--400+ damage and in some cases even more, then the only ones that gain are PvPers. At this point, they may as well remove the need for a Shadow pip and make them all 6--9 pip spells compared to what we already have.

I don't see any revitalize for PvE. If anything at this point, PvE has been used as a battle ground between PvP and PvE. One is satisfied when the content becomes so hard that even some teams have problems with all the CHEATS but then we have those that think the HARDER the content the better. This is where casual players start letting Devs know. "Hey, we can't do this boss or instance"... Too hard or Boss health through the roof or too many cheats. It is all there at some point. This isn't the first time things like this have happened but on this scale, this is disastrous for PvE.

With this level of spell nerfing, @Willowdreamer's comment a few posts back may be closer to truth than any of us can imagine. If these go live in current nerf, I think many players, kids/families may very well be gone. I sincerely hope it isn't as I have enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere of this game for the past 11 years, but I can't justify continuing to pay for something I no longer enjoy.

It was bad enough when we lost double seeds with no warning, but this is just the icing on the cake.

But the Spells did allow us a CHANCE to get through that content. Now most of those spells will be subpar if they go live with what is in the current Test. Many have already posted in various forums and I even screenshot a conversation in Ambrose Realm this morning.

The sad thing is, KI may hear, but they DON'T LISTEN. Oh, sorry, they do listen to those who have a vested interest in PvP.
      Attached Images Attached Images   
      Last edited by goldendragon18; 7-1-20 at 7:20:39 PM.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast