Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: KI Live Summer Test Realm Teaser

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I agree - I'm a story-driven casual player, so I have found that all this recent competitive/repetitive event stuff isn't really for me..

Most of my wizards are stuck at mid-range levels, and I'm struggling for motivation to get them leveled through the second arc worlds. Making early content more complicated and high level content more difficult through cheats hasn't been making me look forward to newer Test Realms.

I'd like to see a new side world to break up the Azteca to Khrysalis slog - something bright and fun and casual, like the Candy world people talk about from time to time, where the most difficult challenges would be puzzles rather than getting a perfect team together.

I have to agree completely @Willowdreamer. I have 2 wizards sitting near the end of Mirage but with all the cheating bosses I don't have the determination to continue and the remaining wizards are all still in the 2nd Arc. I took a look at the guides for Empyrea and researched the battles there. Most have become "INSTANCES" with cheating bosses in the last battle of each Instance. Not much fun to constantly battle cheats.

Over the last year or so, it seems that any new content has been to add more "EVENTS" content that don't interest all players. Beastmoon is nothing more than another form of PvP that is almost as broken as the original PvP. Deckathalon is just more content to keep some players occupied trying to beat the 30 or so levels.? I tried both and was more frustrated than trying to beat a cheating boss.

A couple of side worlds as @Willowdreamer mentioned here and there would make it more fun IF it were targeted more toward the Casual players and not all those cheats that seem to be taking over the game.

Even the crafting is becoming almost impossible for some. Reagents being tied to content such as PvP that not ALL play or the drops from Dailies is either useless or so low that some players give up.

I am sure there are many competitive players in the game but there are also just as many CASUAL players.

@Sparck, KI needs to take into consideration they are leaving the casual players far behind in a game that is becoming less fun with each new update that is directed at the "Events" content. Even what I have seen in the Teaser on Twitter is being directed more toward the more competitive players and not the casual players who are probably going to be left behind again.

Nerfing spells across the board isn't going to help casual players. Some of those so called overpowered spells is all we have to rely on when we enter tough battles. We all know the codes can be written so that a spell can be nerfed for PvP and left alone in PvE. This is what KI should be doing when PvP players start complaining about Overpowered spells. Just make a set of spells for each aspect of the game instead of nerfing PvE for PvP.

I really hope more casual players do get into Test Realm and also voice their take on what is really happening with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Greenflame View Post
      I have to agree with you, I'm a casual player too and enjoy questing and story line based adventures. I'd really enjoy a side world like Grizzleheim and Wysteria were, those were fun to do. Lately anything new seems to be PVP oriented which is totally not my cup of tea. I believe with Empyrea and the level 130 cap, KI is at a loss as to what to do next, so they just keep coming up with all these sidelines that to me are totally worthless.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Greenflame View Post

To try and make the game fun again, I made a new character and started the game all over again. I've three accounts and wizards all through the spiral so if one of the little ones hits a tough spot, I can bring in a "big brother" to help out. To me, that is enjoyable and relaxing and it's not a slog going through places like Waterworks, Upperzag etc.

Oh well, we can only hope that maybe one of these updates will bring something fun and not the same old same old PVP or massively cheating "key boss" caves.

I have also made a 3rd account and started running from the beginning. I am running with my grandson and have the other 2 accounts to assist both if needed.

As for Water works, I only did it with my first 2 wizards one each account and Upperzag only on the main wiz on each. Not interested in doing them again.
      Last edited by goldendragon18; 6-25-20 at 11:14:58 AM.

Fallon WinterLeaf

KingNothing is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I agree with what most are saying here. My most enjoyable times on the game are when new worlds come out in November. So I'm really looking forward to what KI has in store for us this November. I'm hoping it will be the beginning of another storyline arc and not a side world. I suppose I'll take what I can get, but I'd rather not have another Catacombs or what I like to call "Grindville". I made it through on my main death wizard and was able to get all the gear, but I have lost the will to live on playing it through on my other 130's. Of course I realize that is a "death nail" for those wizards. I can already hear it now, "Chris, why don't you have Dragoon gear?" and the familiar sound of someone porting out.

As far as the events go, I do like the Beastmoon event and would like KI to keep refining it and making it better. The problem there is KI has a track record of not being able to do this, so my time on Beastmoon may be short lived. For stuff like the Pet Parade and Spiral Showcase, can we PLEASE mix it up a little. Why does it have to be the same old thing every single time? Why not change the packs up every month. Why not change the elixir rewards? Just something to give it a little shot of fun and worthwhileness. For the Scroll of Fortune; why can we not get the double crafting/reagent elixir? this is a very popular elixir. It seems like once KI figured this out it is almost impossible to get. Why?

So like most, I've started another account. A free one. I will not pay for a sub on this account especially knowing that these wizards will likely go through DS and WT, maybe get WW gear and then stop.
      Last edited by KingNothing; 6-25-20 at 11:25:54 AM.
      “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.”

Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I agree - I'm a story-driven casual player, so I have found that all this recent competitive/repetitive event stuff isn't really for me..

Most of my wizards are stuck at mid-range levels, and I'm struggling for motivation to get them leveled through the second arc worlds. Making early content more complicated and high level content more difficult through cheats hasn't been making me look forward to newer Test Realms.

I'd like to see a new side world to break up the Azteca to Khrysalis slog - something bright and fun and casual, like the Candy world people talk about from time to time, where the most difficult challenges would be puzzles rather than getting a perfect team together.

Or kingisle can actually put work into pirate101 and get new ideas. Once they scrapped Pirate101 and let it die it seem there over doing somethings to the point it taking the joy out of playing the game.

Here a idea for kingsisle. Wizards often fight non magical enemies why not introduce battle board powers to wizard101 for select fights and Wizard card duels for some pirate101 magical enemies. Some may find excitement in trying those few fights and join the other game. That way they can mix up how we defeat enemies without starting from scratch with a new system.

Sparck is offline Wizard101 US Faculty
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Event and competitive players have often be left behind in past updates, so we're trying to play 'catch up' if you will in some ways. These events are also for everyone on one level or another, not just competitive players (the new one revealed today on KI Live is with this in mind).

I wouldn't worry about new story content, you'll be pleasantly surprised at what we have to start revealing after the summer update passes .

medlnic15 is offline Journeyman Wizard

Mood:
      Nerdy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

This is how I have been seeing the game recently, just as someone who quests:

I really did not enjoy the third arc that much because of how much enemies are starting to do to me. I have the best stats that I can possibly have, but it doesn't really matter anymore for my Storm. If they do get a shadow pip, there goes half of my health, and that's if they don't Critical. It's getting to the point where even with two accounts some of these battles can be more difficult than they should be for me, so I'm not really having as much fun as I did in the second arc.

I am okay with shadow-enhanced spells being nerfed for PvE. They have always done more than they should have, and it is unfortunate that they are only really looking into to fixing them now, so I understand completely why people don't want their strong spells to be nerfed after having them for so long. If they are changed to be closer to what they should be for their pip amount, I would be happy just because it would make it easier for me to survive while I'm questing. That's just where I'm personally coming from on that one.

I think a BIG issue is block. No one has had any block in years, and I feel like fixing block should have been a higher priority. Lower the amount required to get block, so we can actually have offensive stats and have SOME block. Why are most of us at level 130 with 1% block? I see this as a big problem that needs to be addressed, and would help me out in PvE.

What I would honestly also like to see is new heals for the schools. I think each school should be able to be self-sufficient when they are alone, and some schools have a hard time with that right now. Satyr isn't good enough anymore, so this is just something that would help me when I'm questing alone.

--------------------------

PvP is not my thing so it's not something I feel I can give an informed opinion on. I also don't do Beastmoon, but I do think it could be great end-game content for people that want something to do. It doesn't personally bother me that they are putting more time into it or PvP at all, though.
      Last edited by medlnic15; 6-26-20 at 1:31:46 PM. Reason: Thinking more about the game.
      130 S | 125 F | 110 F | 75 L | 75 I | 75 D
      130 S | 110 L | 75 B | 62 M | 15 I | 42 D

Patrick FairyStalker is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Hot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sparck View Post
      Event and competitive players have often be left behind in past updates, so we're trying to play 'catch up' if you will in some ways. These events are also for everyone on one level or another, not just competitive players (the new one revealed today on KI Live is with this in mind).

I wouldn't worry about new story content, you'll be pleasantly surprised at what we have to start revealing after the summer update passes .
      I think this is an important point that many Central players need a wider scope of. When looking specifically during 2020, many people think that the PvP community is getting unnatural special treatment. In reality, PvP has not received this much attention since April 2013, when 2nd age was released with tournaments. (3rd and 4th age are virtually indistinguishable from 2nd age)

I'll repeat that: 2013! Since then, we've gotten Aquila, Fishing, Monstrology, Daily Assignments...things that will eventually bore a competitive player aching for a challenge.

Because of this anti-PvP sentiment we have on Central, you don't see the enthusiasm for PvP that's going on many, many different platforms (Twitter, streaming platforms, MASSIVE trading servers, Youtube). Central has created a kind of PvE, easy-going bubble of pet collectors. Which is, honestly, a little relaxing; a kind of safe haven. But the PvP arena was once filled with 4v4 competitors, and reaching warlord was once a genuine accomplishment. KI is showing that they want to revitalize this once bustling community.

I think one more note to add: every PvPer is also engaged in PvE. As someone who loves PvP, I also love hatching, questing, farming, etc. The opposite is not true: not everyone who PvEs does PvP. As such, every time PvE receives a successful update, a PvPer will smile, because they see their favorite game succeeding. Every time PvP receives a successful update, you see a Wizard101Central backlash.

So as a PvPer, I am so looking forward to this update. But I am also hyped for what's in store for the new events and storyline content outside of PvP.

Now, as for derby...
      Last edited by Patrick FairyStalker; 6-25-20 at 3:19:42 PM.

jlegendwielder is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by medlnic15 View Post
      This is how I have been seeing the game recently, just as someone who quests:

I think a BIG issue is block. No one has had any block in years, and I feel like fixing block should have been a higher priority. Lower the amount required to get block, so we can actually have offensive stats and have SOME block. Why are most of us at level 130 with 1% block? I see this as a big problem that needs to be addressed, and would help me out in PvE.

This is my issue. I started playing when Celestia was the final world and the critical system had just been nerfed for the first time (because KI realized they had a broken game pretty much as soon as they went with the new system).

But I was OK because the block system then (and for years after) allowed me to block ALL crits from opponents, even bosses. The cost was that my wizards never criticalled, even my life wizards, and that was OK too, just as long as I didn't get hit with double damage.

Then came the Great Nerfing. Critical and block made proportional to level (or however they explained it) meaning that the enemies criticalled almost every hit and I blocked NEVER. They claimed, in the following weeks and months, that they had "adjusted" the system, but no, not really.

Just today, I sent six level 130 wizards into Mirage on daily assignment and guess what? Those felons hit me with double damage almost half the time and I blocked them...not ONCE.

And I have better gear today than when they changed the system!

I'd rather they go back to no critical/block at all.
      Last edited by jlegendwielder; 6-25-20 at 4:03:18 PM.

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sparck View Post

The Events seem to have become the main focus of KI Devs. Instead of adding all that, it would have been more viable for the Devs to dismantle and rebuild the PvP arena from scratch. Create a full set of spells just for PvP only. As it is, Beastmoon came out which is just another form of PvP and not everyone can or is interested in playing it.

The animosity there is almost as bad as in the arena or there are players that have discovered a way to "Glitch" the system. Even though these events are supposed to be for everyone at all levels, not everyone is that enthused with playing them... I tried it and didn't like it, but that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick FairyStalker View Post
      I think this is an important point that many Central players need a wider scope of. When looking specifically during 2020, many people think that the PvP community is getting unnatural special treatment. In reality, PvP has not received this much attention since April 2013, when 2nd age was released with tournaments. (3rd and 4th age are virtually indistinguishable from 2nd age)

I'll repeat that: 2013! Since then, we've gotten Aquila, Fishing, Monstrology, Daily Assignments...things that will eventually bore a competitive player aching for a challenge.

Because of this anti-PvP sentiment we have on Central, you don't see the enthusiasm for PvP that's going on many, many different platforms (Twitter, streaming platforms, MASSIVE trading servers, Youtube). Central has created a kind of PvE, easy-going bubble of pet collectors. Which is, honestly, a little relaxing; a kind of safe haven. But the PvP arena was once filled with 4v4 competitors, and reaching warlord was once a genuine accomplishment. KI is showing that they want to revitalize this once bustling community.

I think one more note to add: every PvPer is also engaged in PvE. As someone who loves PvP, I also love hatching, questing, farming, etc. The opposite is not true: not everyone who PvEs does PvP. As such, every time PvE receives a successful update, a PvPer will smile, because they see their favorite game succeeding. Every time PvP receives a successful update, you see a Wizard101Central backlash.

So as a PvPer, I am so looking forward to this update. But I am also hyped for what's in store for the new events and storyline content outside of PvP.

Now, as for derby...

Most of us have a good idea what is going on with PvP. I did play with my first wizard but quit due to the rudeness and foul language.

The fact that most of the discussions are no longer on Central but have instead moved to other platforms speaks VOLUMES.....Not all of us use them for various reasons.

I rarely go to YT due to the fact I have to keep it disabled because of young players wanting to look at videos they shouldn't. Against my better judgement, I did return to Twitter after removing and blocking numerous others. I can't stream because of the number of devices tagged to my internet. Trying to steam is like watching a bad movie that stops every few seconds.

Yes, Central does have a relaxing atmosphere but it didn't keep us from voicing our opinions. Granted most of our opinions were in regards to players in PvP insisting spells be nerfed. They were too OP for PvP. Ok, fine but only nerf for PvP and leave PvE alone. One of the most recent nerfs was Loremaster. IF you look up that spell, the card and description don't match.

(Spell) Loremaster.pngSpell InformationSchool (Icon) Balance.pngPip Cost 4Accuracy 85%Type (Icon) Damage.png / (Icon) Charm.pngDescriptionDeals 235-315 Balance damage, then -15% damage and -25% accuracy to next outgoing spell(Weakness and Black Mantle)Read more: Spell:Loremaster - Wizard101 Wiki http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...#ixzz6QPr7W2gK

In game the card matches the description. Sad when a good spell in PvE is nerfed to fit the PvP narrative. Recently, my life wizard was hit with a Loremaster from the balance creature we were battling. I can tell you that it was just as strong as ever so I am guessing spells that creatures can use are still at original strength. But the spell is virtually useless now for those of us that PvE.

After Loremaster was nerfed, the main forums targeted Mana Burn. Granted, that spell did need to be tweaked so that it worked the ways it was supposed to. I have seen several topics insisting various spells in different schools be nerfed. Everything from Storm to Myth. Now there is one to nerf Fire and Ice. When does this stop affecting PvE. That is why so many are against PvP.

No, those discussions don't pop up On Central so naturally, PvP players have the majority on other platforms. I personally think this is a bit of injustice in not allowing both communities to voice their opinions on one platform. Bring those discussions back to Central and KI needs to look at both sides and attempt to accommodate both. We know it can be and has been done in the past.

There wouldn't be any backlash against PvPers IF it didn't affect PvE as well. Frankly, I really do hope the Arena does get a complete makeover.

My grandson is competitive by nature and allowing him to PvP might let him see that you lose some and win some but won't necessarily win or lose them all. Currently, he has the my way or no way attitude and that way of thinking needs to be adjusted. But not in a community that can and has gotten a bit LOUD for a better term. Discussion is good but anger and rage don't accomplish anything.
      Last edited by goldendragon18; 6-25-20 at 6:27:28 PM.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Eric Stormbringer is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Just going to correct some misconceptions that these nerfs are happening purely because of PvP, or that PvE will be irreconcilably harmed by these nerfs.

Name:  Devs Speak 1.PNG
Views: 272
Size:  59.1 KB

Name:  Devs Speak 2.PNG
Views: 160
Size:  81.4 KB

Name:  Devs Speak 3.PNG
Views: 159
Size:  50.3 KB
      Last edited by Eric Stormbringer; 6-25-20 at 8:29:29 PM.

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

Robobot1747 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Robobot1747's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kane WildThief
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Vaden
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Trolling

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

For all the hand-wringing I've seen about things like the Lore nerf, I can't recall EVER seeing a Balance wizard cast Loremaster in PvE. Or Mana Burn. It seems like all the people who actually use it only appear whenever it's about to be nerfed and then pop out of existence like some Schrodinger's rabble. The mechanism that allows the "silent majority" to determine they are in fact a majority also interests me greatly.
      "Fire can be quenched. Storms can dissipate. Myths can simply be forgotten. But Death... Death is constant. Death has existed long before you came to be and it will exist long after it takes you."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast