Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: KI Live Summer Test Realm Teaser

Quote Originally Posted by Allison DeathWielder View Post
      I want to highlight this point because it's something I definitely really appreciate. Although it's a small gesture, seeing Sparck use the thank button has been really helpful in just showing that he's been seeing the posts, and it tells us that our feedback has been heard without the need to spend time writing out a thoughtful reply when there's bigger priorities at the time.

I also do want to speak on the topic of casual vs hardcore players, because I think at this point players have used it more as a scapegoat for simply not wanting to play the game or engage in meaningful discussion and critical thinking. I used to make those kinds of arguments, shouting that anything I didn't like or didn't want to do in-game must be because it catered to hardcore players and left my casual self behind. What I realized was that I was just lazy.

Referring to an earlier post, you don't suddenly become hardcore because you recognize that packing some Enfeeble or Pierce TC is a good idea. It's not hardcore to take a trip to the Bazaar and buy some, or even garden for them if that's your preferred activity. It's not hardcore to just use a bit of strategy, and especially not to engage in discussion with devs on platforms such as Twitter.

I would say that it's very healthy for casual players to get out and engage in more areas too. You might have a better chance to get your voice heard, or learn more about the dev process and understand why your idea may not be good after more back and forth. Use the resources you have available if you want to make a difference, instead of hiding behind the title of "casual player." Just being able to talk to people like Mattnetic on Twitter has shifted my perspective for the better, and I feel that I can be a little more receptive (and constructively critical) of big changes like what we're facing now because I'm gaining a better understanding.
      Thanks! I'm trying to use the 'Thank button' as much as possible to confirm to all of you that I am reading the post, and if it suggests a need to forward that information on to our team, you know that the 'Thank' acknowledges I have done so.

I'm not as well versed in the game's finer balance details like Ratbeard and others are that have a job to specifically know those things, so sometimes commenting from me is not going to get you a satisfactory response... so a Thank works instead . I will continue to do this as much as possible.

Please Thank this post if you also like the Thank feature!
      Last edited by Sparck; 7-6-20 at 2:50:41 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910