Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Balance Deckalathon!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      By the way, I don't have the recipe for the mana burn TC, and I always buy every available recipe, even the housing items. My main wiz completed the following: Ice - completed. Death, stage 6. Fire, Myth stage 7. Life, stage 9.
      Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      MB was definitely from a 4-floors deckathalon, been sitting in my recipes for months (I even sold some in bazaar when needed gold during previous events).
      It's definitely not from one of the 4-floor events, or else my Myth wizard would've had it. Plus, with as easy as those events were, someone on this site would've mentioned it and it would've been added to the Wiki. Nobody has. Not even me, who has been posting any recipes I've come across. I've defeated Greyrose, Falmea, and Moolinda, which means I am only missing recipes from the Death and Myth Deckathalons. The Myth Deckathalon was only 2 months ago, so Mana Burn is probably not from there.

It would make a lot of sense if it were from the Death Deckathalon. That was when our health globe stopped resetting between floors and tons of people (including myself) gave the event a hard pass.

audacioussalix is offline Wiki Master

• audacioussalix's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kane Fire
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ghastly Opossum

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm getting stuck on floor 7.2 now. I breeze through 7.1 super easily but I just feel like I'm scrambling the whole time on 7.2. No chance to get a minion up as all my pips are going into virulent plague to keep me alive through hydra spam, or being mana burned right away from me.

I'm using deck 6 and the only other deck I have is life deck 7 from the previous event. @richardDkht gave advice about killing in more than one hit instead of one shotting, but I honestly don't know how I'd make room in my deck for more than one hit at this point.

It's really frustrating. I wanted to get that deck 7 so I could use it on my main wizard for completing the tower but it's not looking like it's gonna happen any time soon.

phantomslick7272 is offline Journeyman Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      It's definitely not from one of the 4-floor events, or else my Myth wizard would've had it. Plus, with as easy as those events were, someone on this site would've mentioned it and it would've been added to the Wiki. Nobody has. Not even me, who has been posting any recipes I've come across. I've defeated Greyrose, Falmea, and Moolinda, which means I am only missing recipes from the Death and Myth Deckathalons. The Myth Deckathalon was only 2 months ago, so Mana Burn is probably not from there.

It would make a lot of sense if it were from the Death Deckathalon. That was when our health globe stopped resetting between floors and tons of people (including myself) gave the event a hard pass.
      The Mana Burn recipe is from the Death Deckathalon, Stage 8.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by audacioussalix View Post
      I'm getting stuck on floor 7.2 now. I breeze through 7.1 super easily but I just feel like I'm scrambling the whole time on 7.2. No chance to get a minion up as all my pips are going into virulent plague to keep me alive through hydra spam, or being mana burned right away from me.

I'm using deck 6 and the only other deck I have is life deck 7 from the previous event. @richardDkht gave advice about killing in more than one hit instead of one shotting, but I honestly don't know how I'd make room in my deck for more than one hit at this point.

It's really frustrating. I wanted to get that deck 7 so I could use it on my main wizard for completing the tower but it's not looking like it's gonna happen any time soon.
      Hum.
      I mentioned virulent plague for the first round, but don't spam it, or you will never get pips. After the first one, use Shields (for info, you should get less damage from a hydra if you shield with 2x75% than if you use a 3X50%, since there is some piercing involved), weakness, and if you really need it try a balance dispel.

Steal charm will give you a blade to counter the weakness and reduce their damage same time.
      After that, add a storm blade and go kraken and then finish off with a scorpion, a shark, a ghoul or take the risk of a bat. I found death bat pretty interesting, it does some 250 damage for 1 pip and gives time to heal.

You could also add a low level minion to your deck. A myth minotaur, or try your luck with a mander, it has sandstorm and swarm as well as Shields and blades. The only issue is that sometimes it wastes time building up just to give you 2 pips.

There is another strategy available but it is risky. If you manage to pass 3 rounds, they will cast the boost Bubble. Then you can use balance spells with the same boost. I used it once, because I had a minion that was distracting the last enemy. Once the Bubble is up damage is great (an 8 pips judgement dealt about 1k with weakness), but then again, a lot of conditions need to be cleared to take advantage of that.

I'll give a try to 7.2 with a lvl 6 balance deck, but not a big fan of it, my wiz is lvl 15 and only has low gems. So his health will be rather low.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomslick7272 View Post
      The Mana Burn recipe is from the Death Deckathalon, Stage 8.
      Myyy bad then. Bad memory, didn't remember that one

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Three goes at 7.2 with level 9th Myth deck - fail, fail, fail. My best go I lasted a few rounds but only because they spammed black mantle. A few fizz later I was up against the bubble and next hit - dead.

Nothing is impossible but unless my pet goes off and a few fizz go my way, not sure how to get past this level. Worse yet it's getting close to decision time - focus on making it to the top or go for the pet. ACK!

Casp

Kevin1234598765 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Kevin1234598765's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Justin Dragonrunner
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Roxie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Babydactyl

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Anyone know of a guide for floor 5? I keep epically failing the 5.2 stage and havenít even made it to 5.3 once... itís a struggle

Spiral Shadows | Justin Dragonrunner | Woodland Graphics

sparkyflamefire is online now Initiate Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Might be a little late for this event, but if anyone wants to farm for resistance gems, try Gannon and Madden in the secret tunnel in ariel jungle. They drop shiny and sparkling gems, all kinds. School specific(+50 to +53) and opal resistance (and blocking, crit too), health opals.

Ravino. is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Ravino.'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan DeathShield
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Grim Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine Spectre

Mood:
      Elated

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1234598765 View Post
      Anyone know of a guide for floor 5? I keep epically failing the 5.2 stage and havenít even made it to 5.3 once... itís a struggle
      This what I've been using to run stages 5/6:

Name:  Picture 2020-06-17 07-47-16.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  73.2 KB

Slightly outdated, Stone Wall should be replaced with Steal Charm. The plan is simple:

• Use Frozen Armor, Animate, Sprite and Steal Charm to burn pips when enemies can Mana Burn.
      • Tempest is your main hit in middle floor, use it in combination with Empower when you a.) have Frozen Armor, b.) enemies can't Mana Burn.
      • Deathblade, Feint, Wraith in single mob floors.

If your deck is smaller reduce the amounts of Towers and Animate, and take out Steal Charm and Dryad. If you have decks from other deckathalons you should favor whichever has the most space over the Balance decks.
      Last edited by Ravino.; 6-18-20 at 12:08:19 PM.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hum.

I'll give a try to 7.2 with a lvl 6 balance deck, but not a big fan of it, my wiz is lvl 15 and only has low gems. So his health will be rather low.

ok did floor 7 with a balance deck 6, no gems (forgot ) and a lvl 15 wizard.

I'm using a pet with fearless fortifier, ardent amplifier, spritely, balanceblade and pierce train (don't ask).

During this round it cast amplify a couple of times and one balance blade, as well as a fortify.

But the key to beat 7.2 was to summon the myth minion twice (as soon as he died) and let him distract both of them, then shielding and keeping him alive until i got enough pips to wipe away one of the two even with the weakness on (steal blade+storm trap+storm blade+darkwind, then even a clanker was enough lol).

Fair warning i reached 7.3 with 2 heals, 2 bats, the cat, tempest and no shields (over-shielded a bit on 7.2 to make sure to finish it). Plus 2 minions.

So i summoned the last myth minion from first round, and as soon as he died krokopatra took over.

It's doable, but i keep thinking that if you have a deck 9 should stick to that no matter the school.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by richardDkht; 6-18-20 at 5:49:17 PM.

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

ok did floor 7 with a balance deck 6, no gems (forgot ) and a lvl 15 wizard.

I'm using a pet with fearless fortifier, ardent amplifier, spritely, balanceblade and pierce train (don't ask).

During this round it cast amplify a couple of times and one balance blade, as well as a fortify.

But the key to beat 7.2 was to summon the myth minion twice (as soon as he died) and let him distract both of them, then shielding and keeping him alive until i got enough pips to wipe away one of the two even with the weakness on (steal blade+storm trap+storm blade+darkwind, then even a clanker was enough lol).

Fair warning i reached 7.3 with 2 heals, 2 bats, the cat, tempest and no shields (over-shielded a bit on 7.2 to make sure to finish it). Plus 2 minions.

So i summoned the last myth minion from first round, and as soon as he died krokopatra took over.

It's doable, but i keep thinking that if you have a deck 9 should stick to that no matter the school.
      Wow. Level 15, a level 6 deck and a pet that isn't perfect and yet you've accomplished something my Max level wiz has failed 6 times at! You and I are in a different league, that's for sure! Thank you so much for sharing your tips - absolutely invaluable.

On another note, has anyone gotten their pet yet? And if so, is it indeed possible to share with other wizards on that account? As I try to determine which is more important to me - the badge or the pet - it would be good to know for sure whether the pet is share-able.

Casp

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast