• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      sravensong's Avatar
        sravensong is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Posts
      384
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      294
      Thanks (Received)
      228
      Gold
      242.00

      Hatching Luck Changed with High Pedigree Pets?

      Since the pandemic started I have had to pretty much quit playing due to irl responsibilities but had a little extra time this week so decided to keep working on my pet collection. It's mostly kiosk pets that I'm missing now and the newer ones. I noticed that pets that I used to have great luck with when trying to pick up the other pet are now not nearly as lucky. I had been using 90+ pedigree card pets and hatching with pets that were at least 20 pedigree lower.

      I know they have made hatching changes recently so is this something that has changed, too?

      Avatar and Signature courtesy of Expelliarmus.

    2. #2
      sunshine13's Avatar
        sunshine13 is offline Magus Wizard

      • sunshine13's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fiona Silverblade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  123
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Dreaming
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      1,249
      PvP Tournaments Won
      1
      Thanks (Given)
      1100
      Thanks (Received)
      461
      Gold
      96.00

      Re: Hatching Luck Changed with High Pedigree Pets?

      Quote Originally Posted by sravensong View Post
      Since the pandemic started I have had to pretty much quit playing due to irl responsibilities but had a little extra time this week so decided to keep working on my pet collection. It's mostly kiosk pets that I'm missing now and the newer ones. I noticed that pets that I used to have great luck with when trying to pick up the other pet are now not nearly as lucky. I had been using 90+ pedigree card pets and hatching with pets that were at least 20 pedigree lower.

      I know they have made hatching changes recently so is this something that has changed, too?
      Nothing official but some of us from Helpful Hatchers have also noticed a decrease.

      Signature made by Arr the Pirate

    3. #3
      Bailey Jade's Avatar
        Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

      • Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      9,696
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      13892
      Thanks (Received)
      14795
      Gold
      9,670.00

      Re: Hatching Luck Changed with High Pedigree Pets?

      Quote Originally Posted by sravensong View Post
      Since the pandemic started I have had to pretty much quit playing due to irl responsibilities but had a little extra time this week so decided to keep working on my pet collection. It's mostly kiosk pets that I'm missing now and the newer ones. I noticed that pets that I used to have great luck with when trying to pick up the other pet are now not nearly as lucky. I had been using 90+ pedigree card pets and hatching with pets that were at least 20 pedigree lower.

      I know they have made hatching changes recently so is this something that has changed, too?
      The old trick with higher pedigree is not working as well it used too. I am still testing things out to see what works not and basically there is nothing really confirmed. So annoyed with all these changes.

      Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets






    4. #4
      sravensong's Avatar
        sravensong is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Posts
      384
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      294
      Thanks (Received)
      228
      Gold
      242.00

      Re: Hatching Luck Changed with High Pedigree Pets?

      Quote Originally Posted by sunshine13 View Post
      Nothing official but some of us from Helpful Hatchers have also noticed a decrease.
      Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      The old trick with higher pedigree is not working as well it used too. I am still testing things out to see what works not and basically there is nothing really confirmed. So annoyed with all these changes.
      Thank you both for letting me know. Too bad I procrastinated so long on collecting those kiosk pets! Will be more of a challenge now.

      I'd be interested in hearing if anyone figures out some new hocus pocus on picking up pet bodies.

      Avatar and Signature courtesy of Expelliarmus.

    5. #5
      Caspeen's Avatar
        Caspeen is online now W101C Tournament Master
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      1,851
      PvP Tournaments Won
      41
      Thanks (Given)
      602
      Thanks (Received)
      2249
      Gold
      1,366.88
      Blog Entries
      1

      Re: Hatching Luck Changed with High Pedigree Pets?

      Quote Originally Posted by sravensong View Post
      Since the pandemic started I have had to pretty much quit playing due to irl responsibilities but had a little extra time this week so decided to keep working on my pet collection. It's mostly kiosk pets that I'm missing now and the newer ones. I noticed that pets that I used to have great luck with when trying to pick up the other pet are now not nearly as lucky. I had been using 90+ pedigree card pets and hatching with pets that were at least 20 pedigree lower.

      I know they have made hatching changes recently so is this something that has changed, too?
      Chiming in on what others out there are saying - whether or not there has been an actual change it certainly FEELS like it has. And for me it's not just a little because the numbers for me so far are dramatically difference.

      Prior to the Spring update I would use my 92 Pedigree Dragon in hatches and would get the OTHER pet probably 80% or more. Expensive hatches for sure but in the long run so worth spending the extra gold to get a higher chance at getting the other pet.

      Recently, however, my dragon has been a bust. In chasing the Kiosk pets I've gone 0-7 (current streak), 0-8, and 0-12.

      ACK!

      Casp

    6. #6
      JaredSpellFrost's Avatar
        JaredSpellFrost is online now Grandmaster Wizard

      • JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  108
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore
      Status: Frosty
       
      Mood:
      Cold
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      2,265
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2109
      Thanks (Received)
      3556
      Gold
      2,731.50

      Re: Hatching Luck Changed with High Pedigree Pets?

      It took me over 12 hatches post update to get a Clockwork Paladin from the Kiosk. Because I kept getting my pet back in those hatches, I naively thought that I could hatch my Clockwork Paladin with a good Frostfang, but still get my pet back... Nope! The powers that be have decided that hatching was far too easy for us all, it would seem...


      "Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos



    7. #7
      Justin101's Avatar
        Justin101 is online now Initiate Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      242
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      56
      Thanks (Received)
      100
      Gold
      9.00

      Re: Hatching Luck Changed with High Pedigree Pets?

      Prior to the 2020 Spring Update, I used an adult Bloodbat to get pets for my collection. When the update hit, I was thrilled to see that I could hatch pets for as low as 7500 gold in the kiosk! However, I began realizing that after 10 or so hatches, I hadn't received a single pet back. After my 20th hatch, I decided to hop onto Central to see if anyone else was experiencing something related to my issue. I thought I just had bad luck, but this thread proves that something has indeed changed. I'm not exactly sure why this wasn't mentioned in the update notes. I feel like my time and gold were really just spent for nothing.

      Does anyone have a solution to getting the desired pet? Hatching an adult with an adult does not seem to work (for me). I really hope that one pet doesn't have to be at mega; that's going to cost a fortune!

    8. #8
      sravensong's Avatar
        sravensong is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Posts
      384
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      294
      Thanks (Received)
      228
      Gold
      242.00

      Re: Hatching Luck Changed with High Pedigree Pets?

      Quote Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
      Prior to the 2020 Spring Update, I used an adult Bloodbat to get pets for my collection. When the update hit, I was thrilled to see that I could hatch pets for as low as 7500 gold in the kiosk! However, I began realizing that after 10 or so hatches, I hadn't received a single pet back. After my 20th hatch, I decided to hop onto Central to see if anyone else was experiencing something related to my issue. I thought I just had bad luck, but this thread proves that something has indeed changed. I'm not exactly sure why this wasn't mentioned in the update notes. I feel like my time and gold were really just spent for nothing.

      Does anyone have a solution to getting the desired pet? Hatching an adult with an adult does not seem to work (for me). I really hope that one pet doesn't have to be at mega; that's going to cost a fortune!
      Prior to the update I had this lucky pet that I do not recall ever not giving me the other pet back when I was trying to pick up the other body type since I started collecting and paying attention to her luck many months ago last year. The only time she ever gave herself back was when I hatched with a pet already several hatches into becoming a clone of herself on another account. I had wanted to get a lucky pet like her on each account. So after the update when she missed the first time I was immediately suspicious that something had changed. @Caspeen's horrible 0-27 luck above got me thinking that maybe low pedigree pets would give the opposite of super bad luck. So I tried using card pets that were lower pedigree than the one I was trying to pick up but avoided pets I knew to be sticky like the Enchanted Armament and Proper Penguin. I didn't have anything super low pedigree. Usually less than 10 pedigree lower than the other pet and I also didn't pay attention to what stage they were at in training. I believe many of them were only adult. I can say my luck improved but even so a good hatching session is when I get the other pet more than ~50% of the time. So I have not figured out any reliable hocus pocus in picking up the other pet type but I guess ~50% is better than ~0%. If anyone has figured out anything better I would love to hear, too.
      Last edited by sravensong; 6-13-20 at 2:18:55 PM.

      Avatar and Signature courtesy of Expelliarmus.

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •