Mood:
      Friendly

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: New Badges

I came across a badge called Fellspawn's Bane the player said they earned it from soloing Fellspawn.

I also asked a player how they got the badge Fellspawn Striker and they said before the patch they defeated Fellspawn in 3-4 rounds.

That is the information I have received by other players and have no idea if that is true or correct. Please keep that in mind for the latter information.

Avi and siggy by Spellbinder

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AriaRayne View Post
      I came across a badge called Fellspawn's Bane the player said they earned it from soloing Fellspawn.

I also asked a player how they got the badge Fellspawn Striker and they said before the patch they defeated Fellspawn in 3-4 rounds.

That is the information I have received by other players and have no idea if that is true or correct. Please keep that in mind for the latter information.
      If that is what it takes to get those badges, it just proves once again that KI doesn't care (you know what) about the average player anymore. Just like the Deckathalon, unless you're in that top .01% or willing to spend thousands of crowns to get what you need (pay to win), you're just not going to be able to do it. Solo? What did they do? Hire henchmen to fill up the empty slots so no unhelpful spawns show up? Defeat fellspawn in 3-4 rounds? Not with a random team up. (and before the patch I was in a group that took him out in 5 rounds. No badge.But then, I didn't get a hit in)

The least they could do would be to list the criteria for badges, so that players like me would know not to waste our time on something that is outside our realm of possibilities. But, no. They don't care about players like me. And if they keep doing things like this, soon they won't have players like me.

And I still think that even after the recent changes, the new UI is horrible. They complain about space, but still include useless information like whether something can be dyed or sold at auction on the mouse-over pop up screen.

With all due respect to you pet trainers out there, I'm sick and tired of having no control over what talents my pets inherit/manifest. Too many times I've trained a pet all the way to mega only to have it crash and burn because the one talent I'm trying to breed out of my pet finally shows up. My royal triton somehow acquired piercemonger, supposedly an ultrarare talent. 30 hatches later, and every single offspring had it. Even the half dozen I trained up to mega before it showed. A talent I consider worthless. If I want a pierce card in my deck, I'll put it there.

And then there's the shoddy product they've been putting out lately, with all the bugs. I mean, how many times is it now just in the last six months that they couldn't even get an event to drop the right reward?

These are just some of my complaints. I usually play solo. Up until Azteca/Khrysalis I could do so, except maybe for the final boss battle. Those days are long gone. Greggor? Renegade Druid? Devourer? I almost quit playing then. And a badge for fellspawn that requires you to do it solo? When it summons unhelpful spawn to your side if you don't have a full team? So much for getting all the skeleton key boss badges.

phantomslick7272 is offline Journeyman Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      If that is what it takes to get those badges, it just proves once again that KI doesn't care (you know what) about the average player anymore. Just like the Deckathalon, unless you're in that top .01% or willing to spend thousands of crowns to get what you need (pay to win), you're just not going to be able to do it. Solo? What did they do? Hire henchmen to fill up the empty slots so no unhelpful spawns show up? Defeat fellspawn in 3-4 rounds? Not with a random team up. (and before the patch I was in a group that took him out in 5 rounds. No badge.But then, I didn't get a hit in)

The least they could do would be to list the criteria for badges, so that players like me would know not to waste our time on something that is outside our realm of possibilities. But, no. They don't care about players like me. And if they keep doing things like this, soon they won't have players like me.

And I still think that even after the recent changes, the new UI is horrible. They complain about space, but still include useless information like whether something can be dyed or sold at auction on the mouse-over pop up screen.

With all due respect to you pet trainers out there, I'm sick and tired of having no control over what talents my pets inherit/manifest. Too many times I've trained a pet all the way to mega only to have it crash and burn because the one talent I'm trying to breed out of my pet finally shows up. My royal triton somehow acquired piercemonger, supposedly an ultrarare talent. 30 hatches later, and every single offspring had it. Even the half dozen I trained up to mega before it showed. A talent I consider worthless. If I want a pierce card in my deck, I'll put it there.

And then there's the shoddy product they've been putting out lately, with all the bugs. I mean, how many times is it now just in the last six months that they couldn't even get an event to drop the right reward?

These are just some of my complaints. I usually play solo. Up until Azteca/Khrysalis I could do so, except maybe for the final boss battle. Those days are long gone. Greggor? Renegade Druid? Devourer? I almost quit playing then. And a badge for fellspawn that requires you to do it solo? When it summons unhelpful spawn to your side if you don't have a full team? So much for getting all the skeleton key boss badges.
      I'm sorry but I disagree. The idea of earning badges and maintaining a status as 'the average player' is the antithesis of the purpose and definition of badges. These are rewards for extra-ordinary deeds, agreed some are easier to get than others but that does not mean that they all should be. Where is the sense of accomplishment in that?

That being said that I also disagree with the idea that it takes spending a gabillion dollars to become a good player. I am a free to play crowns player. And I am a good player. I have gotten to the top of each deckathalon tower, came in 7th place in the Ice Deckathalon, and 15th in each of the others.

Did this happen for me overnight? No, of course not. It happened because of a lot of hard work, time and dedication. I play just about every aspect of the game to help my overall chances, I garden, I fish, I do pets (and yes I understand the frustration but again this is why you feel good when you finally get that pet, otherwise it's just meh, whatever) If I want something for crowns, I do my best to earn or win them, if I can't then I can't but in the end it doesn't affect my gameplay.

Does having a membership and a bunch of crowns to spend make getting there easier, eh, I think of it more as a comfort thing. They are in first class and I am in coach, but we're both going to reach the same destination.

Not to mention I have been up against people that thought they could pay to win, bought every new bauble available, and I have still come out on top, easily.

As for the Catacombs you are right, this is a challenge dungeon not a new world. It was built to be way harder than any world to date, that is it's purpose. That is also why it's completely optional and not part of the main storyline. Gold key bosses same deal.

It's not that KI doesn't think about the average player. You just can't expect to maintain an average status and still do everything. KI stated that for the deckathalons the average player challenge is to complete the bar. Not to get to the top of the tower or to win first prize. These are 'above-average' accomplishments.

Bottom line, if you want to to accomplish above average goals while maintaining an average status then yes you are setting yourself up to fail. Badge collecting is not for the feint-hearted, if you want to do that you are going to have to consider yourself better than average.

However, If you want to change your average status so you can accomplish these goals this is not impossible and does not cost a ton of money, just time, patience, hard work and practice (eg I was a terrible derby player last year and even though I would still not count myself in the ranks of the best I have certainly graduated from terrible to slightly above average. That just took time and practice).

But if you want everything to be so easy that there is no sense of accomplishment at all, then that just makes for a boring game. Then nobody would want to play.

In any case good luck in your endeavors
      Last edited by phantomslick7272; 5-11-20 at 11:44:27 AM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by phantomslick7272 View Post
      But if you want everything to be so easy that there is no sense of accomplishment at all, then that just makes for a boring game. Then nobody would want to play.

In any case good luck in your endeavors
      Didn't say that. I don't mind a challenge. I completed the ice tower deckathalon, I've completed the catacombs on every wizard. I do well in the beastmoon hunt. My main wizard has the undead executioner badge, max'd out fishing, and regularly finishes in the top 20 in the leaderboard for the deckathalon. I have three wizards who are an illustrious monstrologist.

But when empyrea first came out, they touted the fight club as their "hardest fight ever," and then gave a badge for doing it 100 times. And I have to rely on random teamups. No thank you.
      And every thing since then has been harder and harder. I don't play for the challenge, I play because its fun to play. Or at least it used to be. I admit that the only reason I was able to beat the Devourer was that I got carried by other players. Oh, sure, I did contribute, but I don't want to be that player who relies on being carried. I did my share of "carrying" other players when I was farming Greggor and Viggor for monstrology.

When I said "average player," I wasn't talking about level of ability. I consider myself an above average player in that respect, but I admit I'm not in that top .01%. I was talking about the vast majority of players who, like me, just want to have fun. There was nothing "fun" about the Catacombs, and completing it did not give me a sense of accomplishment. Rather, a sense of relief that it was over. Same with pet training.

But KI doesn't provide any new content for players like me. Everything is geared towards a challenge to be the best of the best. If that's what motivates you to play, good for you. But like I said, I want to enjoy the playing. Not to have a sense of relief that its finally over when I finally do accomplish something.

And I repeat, they better get their act together and start putting out a quality product again. I been playing so long, I have a portrait of Selena Gomez on the wall in two of my castles. And I've never seen an update with so many bugs.

AriaRayne is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• AriaRayne's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alyssa N./Haley.J/Destiny.R
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Misterwhiskers,kingfluffy,Nala
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze beast spark beast and timberland yeti

Mood:
      Friendly

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      Didn't say that. I don't mind a challenge. I completed the ice tower deckathalon, I've completed the catacombs on every wizard. I do well in the beastmoon hunt. My main wizard has the undead executioner badge, max'd out fishing, and regularly finishes in the top 20 in the leaderboard for the deckathalon. I have three wizards who are an illustrious monstrologist.

But when empyrea first came out, they touted the fight club as their "hardest fight ever," and then gave a badge for doing it 100 times. And I have to rely on random teamups. No thank you.
      And every thing since then has been harder and harder. I don't play for the challenge, I play because its fun to play. Or at least it used to be. I admit that the only reason I was able to beat the Devourer was that I got carried by other players. Oh, sure, I did contribute, but I don't want to be that player who relies on being carried. I did my share of "carrying" other players when I was farming Greggor and Viggor for monstrology.

When I said "average player," I wasn't talking about level of ability. I consider myself an above average player in that respect, but I admit I'm not in that top .01%. I was talking about the vast majority of players who, like me, just want to have fun. There was nothing "fun" about the Catacombs, and completing it did not give me a sense of accomplishment. Rather, a sense of relief that it was over. Same with pet training.

But KI doesn't provide any new content for players like me. Everything is geared towards a challenge to be the best of the best. If that's what motivates you to play, good for you. But like I said, I want to enjoy the playing. Not to have a sense of relief that its finally over when I finally do accomplish something.

And I repeat, they better get their act together and start putting out a quality product again. I been playing so long, I have a portrait of Selena Gomez on the wall in two of my castles. And I've never seen an update with so many bugs.
      I have to disagree that everything KI does is catered towards the 1% of the population. Catacombs, for example, most of the bosses are easy and become easier and easier the more you do them. Save for the devourer and druid If this game was so easy, then what is the point of creating better gear and adding new content. However, I enjoy the challenge. It teaches me to be a better player and healer. The only way I will become better is by admitting these bosses are challenging and learning how to play and giving it my best. Players are already vocal enough when things are hard, and that is why bosses will get nerfed over time. If this game were all sunshine and roses, I would become bored fast.

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

To return to the subject of badges, any more info on the Fellspawn badges?

I'm 0-8 on getting ANY badges so far but it sounds like the only "for sure" suggestion I've heard is that you need to be in the first spot. Not so easy when you're fire - I do have a Tank / Healer set up, but the two times I was in random team ups where I volunteered to be first I was quickly out-voted and designated a hitter.

In one of battles I was in a group with an Ice wiz who claimed to have "all of them". He was very....cagey about answering my questions like "how many is ALL" and "what did you do", but he did confirm he got one badge for doing the fight solo. However, he did admit that this was before they fixed the pet bubble issue so I wonder how realistic this badge is anymore? Would love to hear from anyone who HAS received the Solo badge after the bubble could no longer be changed.

I realize that this is a ploy for K I to not tell us how to achieve these badges but hopefully as a community we can take some of the mystery, and frustration, out by making more posts like @sparkyflamefire brilliantly detailed post.

Here are the things I've done that have gotten me NOTHING.

- I have killed Fellspawn
      - I've been in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th position
      - I've finished with full health
      - I've finished with only 3 of us (and one unhelpful minion)
      - I've used Rain a ton, but never killed with a DOT
      - Every group I've been with has had at least one Storm wiz so I doubt I've done the MOST damage, but maybe?
      - I've never healed but I've shielded a team mate and myself

I'm all for challenges and am always amazed at how fast folks here figure things out, but hopefully these badges are still within reach post pet bubble "fix".

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 5-13-20 at 7:00:22 PM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pet's Type:

Mood:
      Friendly

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      To return to the subject of badges, any more info on the Fellspawn badges?

I'm 0-8 on getting ANY badges so far but it sounds like the only "for sure" suggestion I've heard is that you need to be in the first spot. Not so easy when you're fire - I do have a Tank / Healer set up, but the two times I was in random team ups where I volunteered to be first I was quickly out-voted and designated a hitter.

In one of battles I was in a group with an Ice wiz who claimed to have "all of them". He was very....cagey about answering my questions like "how many is ALL" and "what did you do", but he did confirm he got one badge for doing the fight solo. However, he did admit that this was before they fixed the pet bubble issue so I wonder how realistic this badge is anymore? Would love to hear from anyone who HAS received the Solo badge after the bubble could no longer be changed.

I realize that this is a ploy for K I to not tell us how to achieve these badges but hopefully as a community we can take some of the mystery, and frustration, out by making more posts like @sparkyflamefire brilliantly detailed post.

Here are the things I've done that have gotten me NOTHING.

- I have killed Fellspawn
      - I've been in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th position
      - I've finished with full health
      - I've finished with only 3 of us (and one unhelpful minion)
      - I've used Rain a ton, but never killed with a DOT
      - Every group I've been with has had at least one Storm wiz so I doubt I've done the MOST damage, but maybe?
      - I've never healed but I've shielded a team mate and myself

I'm all for challenges and am always amazed at how fast folks here figure things out, but hopefully these badges are still within reach post pet bubble "fix".

Casp
      Hey Casp,
      if you ever want to try I would be happy to try a few runs with you. I can bring my death and life and if we can get another wiz to join us. I would be more than happy to run Fellspawn with you so you can get badges.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pet's Type:

Mood:
      Friendly

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

In our experiment tonight we were able to verify that only the person in position one receives the badge Fellspawn Foe.

overtaker9 is offline Novice Wizard

• overtaker9's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Steven DragonBlade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Class Pet

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Okay! After A LOT of testing, I can confirm 4 badges with CERTAINTY.

-Fellspawn Foe: No Wizard is defeated against The Fellspawn.
      -Fellspawn Striker: Defeat Fellspawn in 3 turns or less (Minions do not have to die in 3 turns, however. Just the boss.)
      -Fellspawn Nightmare: Entire Team remains on High HP (I believe it's 90% Health or higher, but that number might be wrong.)
      -Fellspawn Bane: Solo the Fellspawn

There is also a badge called Fellspawn Adversary. RUMOR has it that it's obtained when no blades or traps are cast against The Fellspawn. However, even when I'm in the First Position, and my team does nothing but attack spam, this badge will not drop for me, so maybe not.

Beyond that, there is also a badge called Fellspawn Master, and it is obtained by getting ALL FIVE other Fellspawn Badges.

And finally, it was confirmed on June's KI Live that there IS a bug with Fellspawn that causes only the first wizard in the duel to get any badges. I've confirmed through testing that it doesn't have to be the Sun Spot - Simply the FIRST spot. Meaning, if the Sun Spot FLEES the duel, the wizard in the EYE Spot WILL still get the badge.

This is all the information I have with certainty on Fellspawn. If anyone has any insight on Fellspawn Adversary, I would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

-Steven

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by overtaker9 View Post
      Okay! After A LOT of testing, I can confirm 4 badges with CERTAINTY.

-Fellspawn Foe: No Wizard is defeated against The Fellspawn.
      -Fellspawn Striker: Defeat Fellspawn in 3 turns or less (Minions do not have to die in 3 turns, however. Just the boss.)
      -Fellspawn Nightmare: Entire Team remains on High HP (I believe it's 90% Health or higher, but that number might be wrong.)
      -Fellspawn Bane: Solo the Fellspawn
      I don't doubt you, but just how do they expect us to defeat Fellspawn in just three turns, or do him solo? Especially with the damage limit bubble, especially since they fixed the pet bubble glitch? And especially for wizards, like me, who have to rely on random teamups for the Striker badge?

Just another "I give up" trying for those two badges. And one step closer to getting fed up and quit playing altogether.

The first 20 times I fought Fellspawn, I had three gear drops. Then they adjusted the drop rates because too many people were complaining about not getting ANY drops whatsoever. In the next 20 times, I got things like wooden and stone keys (But no gold keys, even though he's behind a gold key door), and spellements (worthless to begin with, and then one drop, fire elf, that doesn't even show up on the spellwrighting page in my spellbook). But no more gear drops.

Thanks a lot, KI.

And then there's the gold key problem. I do a team up and no one admits to even having a gold key. Not even the wizard who initiated the team up. They just leave rather than use their key, and we get stuck on the penalty timer for leaving without completing the instance. I used up all my gold keys and have to join via the kiosk.

I don't waste my time doing Fellspawn anymore. I already have dragoon hats, boots and amulets for all my wizards. I farm Viggor's Drake for extract and Viggor himself for salt and crystal while working on my monstrology. I have 3 illustrious monstrologists, and a fourth who is at 725 out of 1125 for his badge.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast