----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Khrysalis fishing woes

Gotta say, these fish will be the end of me!

I've been trying the fish at Sardonyx, Last Wood, and Khondra for the last few days and I'm beginning to think something is amiss.

First, according to the Wiki all three fish are Rank 3 so I've been going to all three locations and Winnowing rank 3.

In Khondra, not once in at least 15 times has ANYTHING been left.
      In Sardonyx, what a nightmare! The graphics are dreadful and if you are standing at dock level, the fish are almost invisible. I've found a space on a ramp where I can see the fish, but winnow after winnow the only think I've found have been False Catsharks. Myth too - what a taunt! And wiki lists this as a COMMON fish?
      But today, the final straw. Similar to Sardonyx there have been a few fish left after winnowing in Last Wood, but until this morning it was always the Pickled Herring. And then today there were 5 storm fish - 3 in the big pond, and 2 in the other hidden pond. Since these were the first Rank 3 storm fish I had seen, I prepared - got into fishing gear AND took a minor fishing elixir. All together, my fishing luck was 80%

PLUS I only used the Common (level 3) Spark Lure. A sure thing, no?

NOPE! Not one, or two, or three - but all FIVE fish got away!

How is this possible?! I've 12,250 caught fish according to my fishing tome - I'm not a novice fisher! But 5 fails with fishing gear, with minor fishing lure, and with the best lure possible - how?

Anyone have any tips?

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 4-28-20 at 3:26:44 PM.

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Khrysalis fishing woes

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post

I've been trying the fish at Sardonyx, Last Wood, and Khondra for the last few days and I'm beginning to think something is amiss.

First, according to the Wiki all three fish are Rank 3 so I've been going to all three locations and Winnowing rank 3.

In Khondra, not once in at least 15 times has ANYTHING been left.
      In Sardonyx, what a nightmare! The graphics are dreadful and if you are standing at dock level, the fish are almost invisible. I've found a space on a ramp where I can see the fish, but winnow after winnow the only think I've found have been False Catsharks. Myth too - what a taunt! And wiki lists this as a COMMON fish?
      But today, the final straw. Similar to Sardonyx there have been a few fish left after winnowing in Last Wood, but until this morning it was always the Pickled Herring. And then today there were 5 storm fish - 3 in the big pond, and 2 in the other hidden pond. Since these were the first Rank 3 storm fish I had seen, I prepared - got into fishing gear AND took a minor fishing elixir. All together, my fishing luck was 80%

PLUS I only used the Common (level 3) Spark Lure. A sure thing, no?

How is this possible?! I've 12,250 caught fish according to my fishing tome - I'm not a novice fisher! But 5 fails with fishing gear, with minor fishing lure, and with the best lure possible - how?

Anyone have any tips?

Casp
      I've been having the same problems as you but I found a fix to Sardonyx. Set your game settings to max brightness, max particles. Then set your screen to max brightness as well. The picture looks terrible but the fish are more visible. It's not ideal but it's the best I found. I found it annoying that charm fish didn't always bring them straight to you as well.

The sheer numbers of rank 3 fish of the same school as what you want in Bastion, Moon Cliff and Crescent Beach is incredibly frustrating. The devs need to try playing all aspects of wiz, yet again they are proven not to.
      Last edited by lethargy101; 4-28-20 at 4:17:57 PM.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Anyone have any tips?

Casp
      I started a Feedback thread about fishing in Khrysalis, with some of your same concerns. I can't say that I had any unusual amount of difficulty with fish getting away, but then again, I wasn't concentrating on just the new fish, but gaining much of the info for the wiki and creating the new fish pages. I actually caught so many chests, it was getting frustrating thinking I was catching my fish only to get the chest instead. I tried not to winnow for Rank 3 unless I was running out of time to play.

In Sardonyx, I noticed that the fishing acts like three separate areas when using the Charm Fish spell, so you would not have gotten access to all fish from the ramp (I know just about exactly where you found that sweet spot!) I didn't catch the new fish from there, but once I realized that all of the fish weren't being Charmed to come to me, I went to them. Finally, actually down on the lowest part of the docks, to the right side is where I caught three of the Deep Bee Bass practically in succession, almost the final fish available. Yes, they are super hard to see there, but as @lethargy101 suggests, turn up your Brightness as high as possible.

In Last Wood, I believe I only had to refresh the pond once, but maybe it was twice. Same with Kondha Desert -- not having expectations of getting particular fish, I didn't really notice any frustrating lack of cooperation from the winnowing/lures. This is one of those situations where I swear that the game somehow KNOWS what you are concentrating on (like when opening packs hoping for a particular item) and produces the opposite result.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I started a Feedback thread about fishing in Khrysalis, with some of your same concerns. I can't say that I had any unusual amount of difficulty with fish getting away, but then again, I wasn't concentrating on just the new fish, but gaining much of the info for the wiki and creating the new fish pages. I actually caught so many chests, it was getting frustrating thinking I was catching my fish only to get the chest instead. I tried not to winnow for Rank 3 unless I was running out of time to play.

In Sardonyx, I noticed that the fishing acts like three separate areas when using the Charm Fish spell, so you would not have gotten access to all fish from the ramp (I know just about exactly where you found that sweet spot!) I didn't catch the new fish from there, but once I realized that all of the fish weren't being Charmed to come to me, I went to them. Finally, actually down on the lowest part of the docks, to the right side is where I caught three of the Deep Bee Bass practically in succession, almost the final fish available. Yes, they are super hard to see there, but as @lethargy101 suggests, turn up your Brightness as high as possible.

In Last Wood, I believe I only had to refresh the pond once, but maybe it was twice. Same with Kondha Desert -- not having expectations of getting particular fish, I didn't really notice any frustrating lack of cooperation from the winnowing/lures. This is one of those situations where I swear that the game somehow KNOWS what you are concentrating on (like when opening packs hoping for a particular item) and produces the opposite result.

I did notice the fish wouldn't go from each area but what I meant was they didn't always come to me, sometimes varing off. which I found odd.

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Casp
      Took a break from getting these for a bit - makes me crazy - and found myself with a little extra energy today so gave it another whirl.

Saw on Level 3 Storm fish in the Last Wood pond - geared up and took a Minor Luck elixir. And....got away again.

0 for 6 with +80% luck. That is whatever base luck is (?) PLUS 80% PLUS using a level 3 lure.

Grrr.....

Casp

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Took a break from getting these for a bit - makes me crazy - and found myself with a little extra energy today so gave it another whirl.

Saw on Level 3 Storm fish in the Last Wood pond - geared up and took a Minor Luck elixir. And....got away again.

0 for 6 with +80% luck. That is whatever base luck is (?) PLUS 80% PLUS using a level 3 lure.

Grrr.....

Casp
      aww man how can you fail to catch anything with that amazing luck

If it's any consolation it could have been the purple grunion that got away.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by lethargy101; 5-3-20 at 11:42:29 AM.

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

And then things got REALLY ridiculous.

Winnowed level 3
      Revealed Fish school and saw Storm
      Scared away level 2 Sentinels
      Put on fishing gear
      Took a MAJOR Fishing luck - that's right, things just got real

Not only is my ADJUSTMENT over 100%, but I still have whatever my base luck is (anyone have that number?) AND I'm using a level 3 lure (which is more luck)

At this point I should be able to stand on shore and the fish should just jump into my backpack voluntarily. I shouldn't need a lure - just looking at a fish should be enought.

But it isn't - it STILL got away. Tons of energy used, 3 fishing elixirs squandered, and a ton of time wasted, and all I have to show for it is this thread.

0 for 7

ACK!

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 5-5-20 at 11:24:17 AM.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

And then things got REALLY ridiculous.

Winnowed level 3
      Revealed Fish school and saw Storm
      Scared away level 2 Sentinels
      Put on fishing gear
      Took a MAJOR Fishing luck - that's right, things just got real

Not only is my ADJUSTMENT over 100%, but I still have whatever my base luck is (anyone have that number?) AND I'm using a level 3 lure (which is more luck)

At this point I should be able to stand on shore and the fish should just jump into my backpack voluntarily. I shouldn't need a lure - just looking at a fish should be enought.

But it isn't - it STILL got away. Tons of energy used, 3 fishing elixirs squandered, and a ton of time wasted, and all I have to show for it is this thread.

0 for 7

ACK!

Casp
      I know you know how to fish, but just to confirm, you do have the sound on? I find that auditory clue that the fish is about to bite the BEST help for knowing exactly when to hit my space bar.

Here's what I would suggest -- it seems you are intent on catching just your target fish and nothing else -- change your tactics. Catch some of the other fish before going after the new fish. Catch a couple of the Sentinels. If you still have problems with fish getting away, I'd contact Support and ask them why.

I only ever caught the one Butterfly Shrimp that I used to create the wiki page, and that was without any extra luck elixirs or anything, so I'm going to head back to Last Wood today and see if I can catch any more Shrimps.

How frustrating for you...

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      Here's what I would suggest -- it seems you are intent on catching just your target fish and nothing else -- change your tactics. Catch some of the other fish before going after the new fish. Catch a couple of the Sentinels. If you still have problems with fish getting away, I'd contact Support and ask them why.
      I only ever caught the one Butterfly Shrimp that I used to create the wiki page, and that was without any extra luck elixirs or anything, so I'm going to head back to Last Wood today and see if I can catch any more Shrimps.
      How frustrating for you...
      Hahaha - this is WAR! While I am bent on getting this fish, this is not the ONLY fish I'm going for. I still do the daily fish, I still fish Aero Village for gold - no issue with ANY of those. It's down to the Black Squidow - which I've never even SEEN - and THIS guy, the Butterfly Shrimp. It's definitely not a me things in general, and it's definitely not an issue that everyone is having with this fish - it's specifically ME with THIS fish.

It's personal.

Make no mistake, I will win. Just wish it didn't have to be such a pain....

Casp

Lady Cat is offline Prodigious

• Lady Cat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie Shadowstalker ,Stephanie Legendweaver ,Stephanie Spiritsinger,Stephen Dragondreamer and 6
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luna
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Black Cat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hahaha - this is WAR! While I am bent on getting this fish, this is not the ONLY fish I'm going for. I still do the daily fish, I still fish Aero Village for gold - no issue with ANY of those. It's down to the Black Squidow - which I've never even SEEN - and THIS guy, the Butterfly Shrimp. It's definitely not a me things in general, and it's definitely not an issue that everyone is having with this fish - it's specifically ME with THIS fish.

It's personal.

Make no mistake, I will win. Just wish it didn't have to be such a pain....

Casp
      I have Faith in you in this Titanic battle Mano vs Fisho. Lady cat says meow and do not forget to post on the Leader board.
      <a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic506_7.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...igpic506_7.gif</a>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast