Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Developer proposal for updated UI

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stormbringer View Post
      I'm not in charge of where they solicit feedback from. I'm simply showing you evidence that they are engaged and taking feedback from the community. Would I love if they had broader reach? Yes and they are doing so, the very existence of a dev Twitter should tell you that they are trying to expand their reach. From what I know @Sparck has been very engaged here on central and on the main boards.
      Reading the comments from this twitter thread I can see why they target them only, they give the answers KI wants. Total antithesis of everywhere else I've read about this update, that I find very suspect, to being legit. Jesus Sparck engaged? Come on Eric he's been missing in action right through test. I don't blame him he just has no leeway to work with. Those above want this to happen. I suspect this is a part of a plan to confuse the issue when they mess up resist, so players don't notice. Honestly I'm surprised you are on board with this UI "update" to be honest.

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm not in charge of where they solicit feedback from. I'm simply showing you evidence that they are engaged and taking feedback from the community. Would I love if they had broader reach? Yes and they are doing so, the very existence of a dev Twitter should tell you that they are trying to expand their reach. From what I know @Sparck has been very engaged here on central and on the main boards.
      The point is, the BULK of the feed back the devs are engaging in is on Twitter. NOT on the message boards or even Central. And from what you latest post from several hours ago from Twitter, they are accepting that as community feedback and unfortunately, that is only a very small portion of the community. They NEED to engage here and the main boards as well. Not be so obscure as to be invisible.

And @Sparck has been very vague lately.... He isn't engaging like he did before this update was in Test. The questions and concerns we had are not being addressed. Sadly

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      Reading the comments from this twitter thread I can see why they target them only, they give the answers KI wants. Total antithesis of everywhere else I've read about this update, that I find very suspect, to being legit. Jesus Sparck engaged? Come on Eric he's been missing in action right through test. I don't blame him he just has no leeway to work with. Those above want this to happen. I suspect this is a part of a plan to confuse the issue when they mess up resist, so players don't notice. Honestly I'm surprised you are on board with this UI "update" to be honest.
      Yep, I agree. I have known Eric for a long time and even have him as a friend in the game......It doesn't really surprise me that he supports this UI since he is an avid PvP player. I know he has no pull on this issue but there was a time he could see both sides of the coin. I would hope he still could. This is the first time I have not seen him engaged in the discussions on the main boards when it came to updates. It would have been nice to know what you thought Eric.
      Last edited by goldendragon18; 4-24-20 at 10:43:21 PM.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Grumpy Cat is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I disagree, I see several players utilizing gear sets to great effect. You can still mix and match gear, you still get bonuses even if you wear a partial set. Some of the things I've seen that are now possible with gear sets
      75% storm accuracy
      198% fire damage
      10.8k ice health
      80%+ block
      The list goes on. I would prefer a new, improved UI and gear sets rather than the old UI and no update.
      Still gotta disagree those stats are going to end up prime for nerfing anyway and other than 198 fire resist, seem pretty niche markets. There's also probably a tradeoff somewhere anyway, and I don't see that being such a huge advantage depending on what that is, for this to be useful.

Maybe I'm just biased, but the majority of players I see are using either a balanced or critical/damage set. Storm accuracy that high is overkill as it ice health. Guess it has some PvP use? Block and damage could be useful, but I probable would still go for balanced set over having a ton of health and giving up other stats.

This is all pretty much a distraction from lack of useful content anyway, so I'd rather have something worth doing and a functional UI than a marginally useful gear set. Time for PvP to be the ones on the losing side.

Eric Stormbringer is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Eric Stormbringer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric Stormbringer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Amorphous

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      I'm not on board with the UI as it is in live, I've already said I think as it is now its bad.

What I am on board with is feasible changes to the UI to make it better while retaining some of the good things that seem to have been missed in this update: gear sets, item identify from the player screen, stat compare.

I haven't been as active on central but I've seen spark thank posts, forward the feedback to the devs and respond on the main boards.

As for resist, some stats will have to be changed for the game's longevity and it's been known for literally years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      The point is, the BULK of the feed back the devs are engaging in is on Twitter. NOT on the message boards or even Central. And from what you latest post from several hours ago from Twitter, they are accepting that as community feedback and unfortunately, that is only a very small portion of the community. They NEED to engage here and the main boards as well. Not be so obscure as to be invisible.

And @Sparck has been very vague lately.... He isn't engaging like he did before this update was in Test. The questions and concerns we had are not being addressed. Sadly

Edit

Yep, I agree. I have known Eric for a long time and even have him as a friend in the game......It doesn't really surprise me that he supports this UI since he is an avid PvP player. I know he has no pull on this issue but there was a time he could see both sides of the coin. I would hope he still could. This is the first time I have not seen him engaged in the discussions on the main boards when it came to updates. It would have been nice to know what you thought Eric.
      I tend to engage where I know the feedback is being engaged with. As twitter is now where the bulk of engagement happens, and in real time no less, that's where I tend to offer my feedback. That's why I encourage you guys to make(or remake) accounts there if you want to engage more directly with the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Cat View Post
      Still gotta disagree those stats are going to end up prime for nerfing anyway and other than 198 fire resist, seem pretty niche markets. There's also probably a tradeoff somewhere anyway, and I don't see that being such a huge advantage depending on what that is, for this to be useful.

Maybe I'm just biased, but the majority of players I see are using either a balanced or critical/damage set. Storm accuracy that high is overkill as it ice health. Guess it has some PvP use? Block and damage could be useful, but I probable would still go for balanced set over having a ton of health and giving up other stats.

This is all pretty much a distraction from lack of useful content anyway, so I'd rather have something worth doing and a functional UI than a marginally useful gear set. Time for PvP to be the ones on the losing side.
      I don't know how to respond to this. PvP had its very own set of updates with Turn-Based and some spell nerfs/removals. PvP has nothing to do with the UI or gear sets or even the new combat talents(they are marked NO PVP).

In terms of PvE: Gear sets make max crit sets better(more damage and accuracy) and helps balanced sets depending on how you mix and match. I'm not sure why players would want less options for how they customize their characters but here we are.

PvP be on the losing side of what? This point is really confusing me.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 4-25-20 at 9:27:13 AM. Reason: double posted

Profile Picture by Touches of Alyssa
      Signature by Skyfuria

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm not on board with the UI as it is in live, I've already said I think as it is now its bad.

What I am on board with is feasible changes to the UI to make it better while retaining some of the good things that seem to have been missed in this update: gear sets, item identify from the player screen, stat compare.

I haven't been as active on central but I've seen spark thank posts, forward the feedback to the devs and respond on the main boards.

As for resist, some stats will have to be changed for the game's longevity and it's been known for literally years now.

- - - Updated - - -

I tend to engage where I know the feedback is being engaged with. As twitter is now where the bulk of engagement happens, and in real time no less, that's where I tend to offer my feedback. That's why I encourage you guys to make(or remake) accounts there if you want to engage more directly with the devs.

Against my better judgement I just logged into my old twitter account. I have to agree with what @lethargy said about the comments made there. They tend to say what KI wants to hear and not what it really is. None of them will admit this was a bad update and the devs ignored the feedback from this site and main boards. I still won't be going to Twitter anymore than I have been over the last few years.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

For those not on twitter, the devs have made a proposal for updating the UI as seen below.

Attachment 638664

Do note that another issue, (Side tabs for drops displaying text only) is a confirmed bug and will be corrected.

Attachment 638665
      Hi Ya Eric!

I just responded to another feed back thread on here. I like the fact that they are trying to work things out. I have to admit, I really dislike this new set up as well. That being said, I think it should be kept the other way, but have the new tabs for any of the new information that is going be out there, like the set bonuses and what not. I do like the idea that you had proposed as well.

Pets, should have been left alone in general being that they are not like gear with all the information.

I would have to say, I am not a fan of those other social sites, so I wont be going over there. I just hope they see the feedback we give here and not stick to just one site.
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 4-25-20 at 12:33:45 AM.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      Hi Ya Eric!

I just responded to another feed back thread on here. I like the fact that they are trying to work things out. I have to admit, I really dislike this new set up as well. That being said, I think it should be kept the other way, but have the new tabs for any of the new information that is going be out there, like the set bonuses and what not. I do like the idea that you had proposed as well.

Pets, should have been left alone in general being that they are not like gear with all the information.

I would have to say, I am not a fan of those other social sites, so I wont be going over there. I just hope they see the feedback we give here and not stick to just one site.
      I have to agree on all points.

Like you, I am not a fan of most social media. I will however, keep an eye on Twitter for a while just to see what they come up with.

I did leave a comment directed at the Devs that they should be more engaging with the members on Central as well as Main Boards. There really isn't much interaction at all on either site and that shouldn't be that way. We all have a lot invested in the game and we would like to be heard...... Hearing and Listening are 2 different things. You can hear someone saying something but unless you really listen, you have no idea what they are saying.

Last edited by goldendragon18; 4-26-20 at 1:33:30 AM.

Fallon WinterLeaf

edward sky is offline Journeyman Wizard

• edward sky's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Edward sky
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir boots
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Satyr (life pet)

Mood:
      Eating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Just to be blunt because I know they called it out "Well you guys wanted gear sets, and we can't have them if we go back."

Who asked for those anyway? lol. I've never seen a single request like that, and for as minuscule of a difference they'd make for those people who wear a full set, they might as well just have added the extra stats to the gear pieces and called it a day so every piece seemed like an upgrade to the last, rather than us feeling the need to mix match.

i'd rather be without gear sets (Sorry to anyone who thinks they're game changing?)

Thus no UI overhaul needed.

Just a thought.
      Last edited by edward sky; 4-26-20 at 3:19:31 PM.

Edward sky/Life/102/
      And may the odds be ever in your favour.

KestrelDawn is offline Adept Wizard

• KestrelDawn's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kestrel Dawnrider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mister Penny
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Frankenbunny

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by edward sky View Post
      Just to be blunt because I know they called it out "Well you guys wanted gear sets, and we can't have them if we go back."

Who asked for those anyway? lol. I've never seen a single request like that, and for as minuscule of a difference they'd make for those people who wear a full set, they might as well just have added the extra stats to the gear pieces and called it a day so every piece seemed like an upgrade to the last, rather than us feeling the need to mix match.

i'd rather be without gear sets (Sorry to anyone who thinks they're game changing?)

Thus no UI overhaul needed.

Just a thought.
      Yeah, I was wondering where that "desire for gear set bonuses" came from as well. I certainly never heard anyone clamor for such a thing and part of the fun of the game has always been choosing an item here and an item there to kluge together the best (for you) set.

I mean, we've always been able to stitch for looks.

Honestly, I think this was something that came from the marketing department to try to get people to buy more packs (or buy bundles) so they could get "complete sets".
      Last edited by KestrelDawn; 4-26-20 at 3:34:59 PM.
      KestrelDawn -- Kestrel Dawnrider (Storm Level 110) Emeritus member of...

Join Pet Central here

medlnic15 is offline Journeyman Wizard

Mood:
      Nerdy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

They did also add an option to change UI size a little while ago, so you could have just done that if you couldn't see everything. But, If they do want to make it more compact, I really don't have a problem with that as long as I can hover to see everything.
      140 S | 130 F | 75 L | 75 I | 75 D | 15 B
      140 L | 130 S | 120 D | 75 B | 60 M | 15 I

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast