Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Dev Team Request for Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      @Sparck I am bring this to your attention. I had notice that the new pets that we get in wizard city are listed in the Kiosk twice. One is a first generation pet and the others are second generation or higher. I am figuring that this is part of the new count in our pet tomb.
      I can confirm this as well. I hatched with the first Catersquall listed in the kiosk and got the pet I wanted - excellent. Next attempt I tried to hatch the Catersquall I didn't already have - and got catersquall back. YAY! But even though I hatched with the catersquall I did NOT have, I got back the version I already DID have which was a non-first generation pet. Two hatches with two different pets, and both time I got the pet from the kiosk, but my tome still lists only one and the kiosk confirms there is still a catersquall I do not have. So, for the first time in the game, it appears that first generation pets are actually completely different pets than a pet that has been hatched.

Is this intentional? Can we expect all new pets to have multiple versions - a first generation pet and a completely separate pet that has been hatched?

Not ideal if that's the way it will be, but I kinda get it. HOWEVER, if that's the new norm then please make both versions available to all! Most of my wiz are above level 48 and so have no chance at getting the first generation version of these pets. A win win would be to give EVERYONE a chance at the quest to get these pets. Otherwise, go back to the way it's always been and make 1st generation or hatched ONE pet and not two.

Am all for giving perks to new players but not if that perk penalizes players that only have higher ranks.

It's great that KI seems to be embracing the significance of pets to this game - for some folks, it's the most important thing there is. With that in mind, please take into consideration what making some pets only available to certain rank players means to those of us who collect pets. A lot of us have been around a while, we put a ton of time and effort into our pets, and something like this really feels like a penalty for being a high level. Surely that's not the intent?

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 5-1-20 at 2:47:29 PM.

Sparck is offline Wizard101 US Faculty
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by goldendragon18 View Post
      Ok, if I may ask, @Sparck, what are we looking at in another "update" that apparently is not including improvements to the latest update????? I would think the Item UI should take priority over ANY further updates at this time. Or is this not so much an update but possibly FIXES to the current issues.

I don't know how many other parents/grandparents are dealing with younger players being upset over this mess as it is now. I did manage to get my 10 year old grandson back in the game for a while yesterday but once again, he can't do anything with his gear since the UI is impossible to understand......This need to take PRIORITY.
      Yes indeed, though please keep in mind that UI changes are not quick to update... it takes time. We hope to have an update for some things out next week though.

Please see this thread for the current community reported issues we're tracking:

Quick note that we're tracking community reported bugs here: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/hals...e5c39e3?page=1

KingNothing is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I am of the belief that Fellspawn is still broken. I know many of you have been getting drops, but I've been at it all day and have gotten nothing but small gold drops, a few seeds, some reagents, a few TC's and one novice socket wrench. To be at it all day today I would have expected a little better.
      Last edited by KingNothing; 5-1-20 at 4:30:54 PM.
      “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.”

phantomslick7272 is online now Journeyman Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Sparck
      It was @phantomslick7272 that had brought this to my attention. Perhaps she has more to say?
      Lol thank you Bailey And Caspeen

Since it's somewhat complicated and hard to understand I'm going to try and clarify the issue a little bit.

First of all let me state why we have an issue with this in the first place.

We are pet collectors. We attempt to collect every single pet in the game. We want our pet tomes to read 100/100 lol (whatever the number is we want the left and the right to be the same number). Now we understand there are pets that are not going to be available to us. Typically these pets are marked as premium in the pet tome and have a *next to their name when you look at the numbers they are counted as 'extra' , e.g. if there were 100 myth pets available and I had collected them all but had also won the *myth class pet (premium pet from deckathalon) my number for myth pets would read 100/100 +1 However with the new update something appears to have gone horribly wrong.

The reason we believe a mistake has been made is the absence of this * by the name of the new pet in the tome. My life wizard was at level 48 at the time of the update and was able to obtain a first generation Sylvan Satyr, I trained that Satyr and then hatched it with another to upgrade it's talent pool and when it hatched I all of a sudden had a new addition to my tome, Sylvan Satyr has been added to your pet tome'. . . again? Wait wasn't it added to my pet tome when I got the original? But low and behold there are 2 entries for Sylvan Satyr in my pet tome. They are identical, exactly the same, there is no star and one of them is not considered premium. Examples below:

Name:  ss1 sm.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  46.3 KB Name:  ss2 sm.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  48.5 KB

In fact the only way we know that they are separated by 'first generation' and 'hatched' is that they are as @Bailey Jade and @Caspeen pointed out listed in the kiosk twice and one group is all first generations and the other is hatched pets. This is not the norm for the kiosk or the tome, typically these pets are grouped together and if you want to hatch with a first generation pet in the kiosk you just look for the first generation badge that is in the top right-hand corner of that pet's page.

But we have had very few instances in which collectors have been required to collect the first generation pet for it to count towards pet tome numbers. And in the instances that there have those pets are available to us through other means fishing, crowns, etc. and even so they still usually have a * and are considered 'extra' not in the normal numbers.

With the new update as it is for collectors to have the right numbers they would have to collect the FIRST GENERATION of EVERY SINGLE new pet. The only way that this is possible is for every collector to have a wizard in each of the 7 schools that is not only below level 48 but also below the level of that new FTUE pet quest. We all know none of us are in that situation, most collectors I know have been playing for 10+ years. We would have to give up everything we have done, everything we have worked for and paid for and start from scratch. It is quite literally impossible.

I'm gonna use Bailey's pic as a final example, you see the little rutabaga symbol in the circle next to each pet in her pic, that means she's collected all of those pets. That symbol is next to every pet in the pic except the Catersquall that's circled in red. This is the first generation Catersquall. Bailey will never collect this pet because Bailey does not have any entry level wizards. And all the others as well.

Name:  ex1.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  76.2 KB

I do not believe these circumstances were meant to be intentional. It doesn't make sense for them to be.

Quote from the update notes:'Don't worry, if you've already completed these quests, you can hatch with any of the new pets to obtain these talents through the hatching process'

Now I realize you only mentioned talents there but I'm sure you meant the pets as well. That's how I took it when I read it and I was not worried.

I can only ask that you please fix this for your seasoned pet collector base. Allow us to go back and do those quests again, or change the code so that both pets are counted as one, or at the very least add the * to the first generations so that they are 'extra' and don't mess with our numbers. I know it's crazy but there are a lot more of us than you think and we are all feeling a bit heartbroken at the moment. Thank you!
      Last edited by phantomslick7272; 5-1-20 at 5:15:51 PM.

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Discovered a new bug: when a pet drop happen, either in fights or from daily rewards, the pet icon appears twice (but only one pet is awarded).

If hovering over the first one, we can see the comparison with the equipped pet. If hovering over the second, only the stat window from the newly obtained pets is visible.

First image shows the double drop, but only one pet in backpack (chancellor cody, second page has 2 pets that were already there).

Second image shows the double icons Vs the chat window saying that only on pet dropped (dreamsong seraph).
      Attached Images Attached Images   

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      Discovered a new bug: when a pet drop happen, either in fights or from daily rewards, the pet icon appears twice (but only one pet is awarded).

If hovering over the first one, we can see the comparison with the equipped pet. If hovering over the second, only the stat window from the newly obtained pets is visible.

First image shows the double drop, but only one pet in backpack (chancellor cody, second page has 2 pets that were already there).

Second image shows the double icons Vs the chat window saying that only on pet dropped (dreamsong seraph).
      I see that all the time since the update. What I think it could be is the new feature of the pet hatching. When a pet hatched in the past, we would get the pet icon as well. So the reason on seeing two is 1) getting the pet and 2) the new pet hatching. I could be wrong, but it seems to be the most logical.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

JaredSpellFrost is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I see that all the time since the update. What I think it could be is the new feature of the pet hatching. When a pet hatched in the past, we would get the pet icon as well. So the reason on seeing two is 1) getting the pet and 2) the new pet hatching. I could be wrong, but it seems to be the most logical.
      This has happened to me too, and your theory sounds right Bailey. I also wouldn't call this a bug, necessarily... Rather, a strange side effect of this change!

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

Jonathan Greenflame is offline Master Wizard

• Jonathan Greenflame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan Greenflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Confused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I believe you are right. My noob wiz just got his first school pet, and since school pets are supposed to hatch immediately, there were 2 icons. One for getting the pet and the second one for the pet being hatched.

SoloDragonRider is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• SoloDragonRider's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Logan, Devin, Emma, Matthew, Alexander, Anna, and Amanda
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea

Mood:
      Angry

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Tempest taking all pips is still bugged despite a post on the official forum saying it is fixed. I took screen shots to show it is still NOT fixed. One is before I used the spell and the second after I won the battle to get my daily assignment done. You can see I have 3 power pips before I cast Tempest. After the spell was cast, the mana container reflects that used 6 mana, but you can see I still have glowing power pips in the battle circle where I shouldn't have anything showing. It's not game breaking but it doesn't inspire confidence in how KI has been operating lately.

Name:  pic1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  231.8 KBName:  pic2.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  147.4 KB

I can understand if KI says they're working on it and to be patient once they figure out what the problem is. However, to claim loudly they fixed the problem and it's clearly not fixed just makes them appear incompetent and questioned if they even play their own game anymore. Because of what's going on in the world, this game is my only escape for an hour or two, but I am quickly becoming more and more angry with how messed up the game has gotten since it's last update went live.

I know everything we had before is gone into the void, but this update should've had more time in the oven instead of being pushed out the door WAY too soon. This isn't the KI I remember when I started the game with my kids and have become nothing more than shell of what it used to be. If any of the old KI is still there, please let it come back the way it used to be and not how it is now
      ~~Happy Questing~~

jlegendwielder is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SoloDragonRider View Post
      Tempest taking all pips is still bugged despite a post on the official forum saying it is fixed. I took screen shots to show it is still NOT fixed. One is before I used the spell and the second after I won the battle to get my daily assignment done. You can see I have 3 power pips before I cast Tempest. After the spell was cast, the mana container reflects that used 6 mana, but you can see I still have glowing power pips in the battle circle where I shouldn't have anything showing. It's not game breaking but it doesn't inspire confidence in how KI has been operating lately.

Name:  pic1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  231.8 KBName:  pic2.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  147.4 KB

I can understand if KI says they're working on it and to be patient once they figure out what the problem is. However, to claim loudly they fixed the problem and it's clearly not fixed just makes them appear incompetent and questioned if they even play their own game anymore. Because of what's going on in the world, this game is my only escape for an hour or two, but I am quickly becoming more and more angry with how messed up the game has gotten since it's last update went live.

I know everything we had before is gone into the void, but this update should've had more time in the oven instead of being pushed out the door WAY too soon. This isn't the KI I remember when I started the game with my kids and have become nothing more than shell of what it used to be. If any of the old KI is still there, please let it come back the way it used to be and not how it is now

So one of the changes in the update was that pips disappear later than they used to. I'm not sure that is happening with you in this example, but I know I have been questing, seen pips not gone, then seen them gone later. Sorry I don't know exactly how the new system works, my bad. May not be a glitch, just something new to take into account.

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast