Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Pets and new things to come

Devil's Advocate here again-

@Sparck may not be at liberty to address our concerns or discuss the Pet changes. Even if he is able to respond, I do not think that anger will provide us with answers.
      Don't get me wrong, I am as frustrated as you are, if not more so- Sparck's posts in this thread have been far less than explanatory, and I sincerely hope that he will give us a lengthy explanation.

In circumstances like these, I try to direct my anger onto the company KingsIsle, instead of Sparck. Don't shoot the messenger! Anyways, that is just my opinion.

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 4-21-20 at 6:23:40 PM. Reason: removed quote of deleted post

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back."
      -Cosmos

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Sparck has seen this thread. He is aware of how we feel. He might not be able to respond back on certain things, due his higher ups. He had shared this once before.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 4-21-20 at 6:24:56 PM. Reason: removed comment replying to deleted post

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I checked out test and it still over 100k cost in the kiosk, hatching 2 mega pets is still 4hrs for pets that have 5min timers, it also still a max of 2 searchable talents. What a joke.

Sparck is offline Wizard101 US Faculty
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've tried to digest this thread as much as I can. What I can say here is that I send your feedback and concerns to the team, and based on what can be done plus what's best for the community plus company, is what's ultimately done. Sometimes changes are postponed to later updates as well, so don't lose hope if you haven't seen a particular change in this update.

SoloDragonRider is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• SoloDragonRider's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Logan, Devin, Emma, Matthew, Alexander, Anna, and Amanda
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea

Mood:
      Angry

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sparck View Post
      I've tried to digest this thread as much as I can. What I can say here is that I send your feedback and concerns to the team, and based on what can be done plus what's best for the community plus company, is what's ultimately done. Sometimes changes are postponed to later updates as well, so don't lose hope if you haven't seen a particular change in this update.
      This is exactly what I was particularly wanting. I don't expect specific details but just assurance that complaints are being heard and being brought to those who are more in control of the project. Reading your quote was extremely disconcerting and got me really upset that feedback wasn't being acknowledged better. I just wanted an acknowledgement and not what seemed like blowing it off as something that it isn't a big deal. If your team paid attention to how many people are trying to train pets as fast as possible before the update, it's pretty apparent how much people aren't happy about the update. I am also typing this calmly in case it seems like I'm railing on you again lol. Even if your comment even ambiguously eluded that adjustments might be made might calm this swirling storm the announcement pretty much created. I simply don't want to see a bad update dropped on players and told to just consume it. Many people have said, like me, that KI is losing touch and that needs to change soon. I apologize for railing on you, but I'm passionate about the game and want it to be better and not more complicated. That's all I got to say on that. Stay safe and hopefully this update won't go full Aethyr Titan on us that enjoy the game
      ~~Happy Questing~~

lethargy101 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sparck View Post
      I know it's not your fault but let's be honest the kiosk and egg timers having nothing to do with benefiting the community only KI squeezing more out of players. Changing the search function which largely worked very well if you chosen only 4 talents. Its sad day today as the test realm changes went live.

Padfoot101 is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by lethargy101 View Post
      I know it's not your fault but let's be honest the kiosk and egg timers having nothing to do with benefiting the community only KI squeezing more out of players. Changing the search function which largely worked very well if you chosen only 4 talents. Its sad day today as the test realm changes went live.
      kiosk is not usable now its impossble to use and cost so much. i wanted to do more pet stuff when i get to a good level to get gold for it but now i dont think it will ever be some thing i can afford to do and def not fun
      Big banana thanks to Sophia Stormweaver for my avatar and siggy!

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Padfoot101 View Post
      kiosk is not usable now its impossble to use and cost so much. i wanted to do more pet stuff when i get to a good level to get gold for it but now i dont think it will ever be some thing i can afford to do and def not fun
      Agreed. Even with a lvl 123 I am finished hatching outside of my own pets. I won't be paying the gold prices in the Kiosk so I guess I won't be offering anymore pets either.

I still don't like the increase in experience or energy required and certainly don't care about the "happiness" bar.

The only good thing about this whole mess is the fact that based on the number of times you played and won a specific game, it does make it easier to just " hit play and skip".

But we have managed all these years without it so if it were removed, I would not have a problem with it. As for the rest of the pet updates.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Grumpy Cat is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SoloDragonRider View Post
      This is exactly what I was particularly wanting. I don't expect specific details but just assurance that complaints are being heard and being brought to those who are more in control of the project. Reading your quote was extremely disconcerting and got me really upset that feedback wasn't being acknowledged better. I just wanted an acknowledgement and not what seemed like blowing it off as something that it isn't a big deal. If your team paid attention to how many people are trying to train pets as fast as possible before the update, it's pretty apparent how much people aren't happy about the update. I am also typing this calmly in case it seems like I'm railing on you again lol. Even if your comment even ambiguously eluded that adjustments might be made might calm this swirling storm the announcement pretty much created. I simply don't want to see a bad update dropped on players and told to just consume it. Many people have said, like me, that KI is losing touch and that needs to change soon. I apologize for railing on you, but I'm passionate about the game and want it to be better and not more complicated. That's all I got to say on that. Stay safe and hopefully this update won't go full Aethyr Titan on us that enjoy the game
      I completely agree and think I'd go a step further to say that this sort of lack of information is just an extension of KI as a company and reflects its values. While I certainly understand Sparacks limitations and appreciate everything he does for the community, I do think that not simply acknowledging this and promoting "what's best for players and the company" leaves a poor impression and just is another way of saying KI is out for profit.

Instead of focusing on how to complete financially with the other gaming giants, I think KI would do well to move back to its roots and embrace the benefits of being a small company with essentially one major product. If we continue on this trajectory and it flops, it isn't good for players or the company.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678