• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 41 to 50 of 56
    1. #41
        TinkerBlue is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Posts
      99
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      0
      Thanks (Received)
      102
      Gold
      223.92

      Re: Deckathalon Pets

      Also, if the Pet Talent is already unlocked on a pet in the Kiosk, you may get lucky and get the unlocked version. I've had it happen either way.

      One of my Forlorn Sabertooths (with predominately ice talents) is in there with the unlocked version of Frozen Kraken trained. The cat is called Centurion Shadow.
      Last edited by TinkerBlue; 7-8-20 at 5:57:49 PM. Reason: Added Pet Name

    2. #42
        ZachDragonBreath is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Posts
      53
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      96
      Thanks (Received)
      39
      Gold
      65.50

      Re: Deckathalon Pets

      Thank you all for your info. I have been twiddling my thumbs deciding what route to take for the next May-cast pattern, and it looks like the Frozen Kraken might be fun.

      As you can see below, I have mostly been heals with balanceblade (I have a bunch more, but these are the ones I use on two characters). BalanceBlade does kick in helpfully at times. Looking forward to playing with the Frozen Kraken (thx those who have shared it in the kiosk)


    3. #43
      Caspeen's Avatar
        Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      1,994
      PvP Tournaments Won
      41
      Thanks (Given)
      919
      Thanks (Received)
      2551
      Gold
      10,576.88

      Re: Deckathalon Pets

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>ZachDragonBreath View Post
      Thank you all for your info. I have been twiddling my thumbs deciding what route to take for the next May-cast pattern, and it looks like the Frozen Kraken might be fun.

      As you can see below, I have mostly been heals with balanceblade (I have a bunch more, but these are the ones I use on two characters). BalanceBlade does kick in helpfully at times. Looking forward to playing with the Frozen Kraken (thx those who have shared it in the kiosk)
      Sounds like BalanceBlade casts semi-regularly which is great to know. Not sure blades will be ideal for the Storm Deckathalon - i imagine a lot of enfeeble - or Fire (Steal Charm) but I've a few pets with MC Blades and have been wary about using them without knowing more about their cast rates.

      Casp

    4. #44
      Kevin1234598765's Avatar
        Kevin1234598765 is offline Journeyman Wizard

      • Kevin1234598765's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Justin Dragonrunner
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Rain Beetle
      Status: Questing again O. o
       
      Mood:
      Bookworm
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Posts
      407
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      421
      Thanks (Received)
      576
      Gold
      3,857.50

      Re: Deckathalon Pets

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Caspeen View Post
      Heard from a friend that the May Cast Dispels cast very rarely - can anyone confirm? So much for that brilliant idea!

      How about the May Cast bubbles? Anyone have experience with those and know their frequency of casting?

      When I started making Deckathalon specific pets cast frequency was huge and why I loved talents like Fortify or Guardian Wall. However, both of those fell out of favor for me when I realized that such talents were useless at lower levels - even without Fortify I was immune to most damage until 4th or 5th floor - or else unhelpful at higher levels when their pierce gets to be insane. So, cast frequency is important, yes, but just because something casts a lot it doesn't make it better than something that casts less often.

      What I really don't want are ones that cast so rarely that they are as good as useless. My main pet has Pet Rescue which May Cast Revitalize but that ones is as good as adding Pain Giver since it has never, ever cast. Not even ONCE!

      So, anyone know if the May Cast bubbles like Mighty Myth, or Storm Front, Pyromania, etc, cast often, sometimes, or rarely?

      Casp
      I had Storm front on my main questing pet on my storm, and from levels 30-130 itís only ever cast twice. So not the best cast rate, or I might not be hitting the triggers with my questing setup

      Spiral Shadows | Justin Dragonrunner | Woodland Graphics



    5. #45
        richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Lurking
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Posts
      505
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      8
      Thanks (Received)
      724
      Gold
      238.00

      Re: Deckathalon Pets

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Kevin1234598765 View Post
      I had Storm front on my main questing pet on my storm, and from levels 30-130 itís only ever cast twice. So not the best cast rate, or I might not be hitting the triggers with my questing setup
      Think I said it earlier, but storm front does NOT trigger with boosts or self-targetting spells like blades do; instead it seems to follow the pattern of CoB.

      So if you trap or weaken or remove shields or hit your opponent, you have a chance to trigger it.
      Apparently, like for CoB, if opponent dies with the hit, the trigger won't work.
      I expect you, as a storm, mostly single-hit kill your opponents. Which may explain the rarity.

      I have a lvl 16 storm wizard whom pet has storm front, and tested it during my Sinbad runs. Much to my surprise, it cast about 2 out of 3 runs (agains the boss, who is the only one I trap and multi-hit). Once it even cast twice during the same fight. Notice that I never use feint, so can't say if that is a different trigger or not.

    6. #46
      Kevin1234598765's Avatar
        Kevin1234598765 is offline Journeyman Wizard

      • Kevin1234598765's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Justin Dragonrunner
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Rain Beetle
      Status: Questing again O. o
       
      Mood:
      Bookworm
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Posts
      407
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      421
      Thanks (Received)
      576
      Gold
      3,857.50

      Re: Deckathalon Pets

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>richardDkht View Post
      Think I said it earlier, but storm front does NOT trigger with boosts or self-targetting spells like blades do; instead it seems to follow the pattern of CoB.

      So if you trap or weaken or remove shields or hit your opponent, you have a chance to trigger it.
      Apparently, like for CoB, if opponent dies with the hit, the trigger won't work.
      I expect you, as a storm, mostly single-hit kill your opponents. Which may explain the rarity.

      I have a lvl 16 storm wizard whom pet has storm front, and tested it during my Sinbad runs. Much to my surprise, it cast about 2 out of 3 runs (agains the boss, who is the only one I trap and multi-hit). Once it even cast twice during the same fight. Notice that I never use feint, so can't say if that is a different trigger or not.
      Ah, that would make sense then! For PvE I always blade then one-shot, which would explain the lack of casts!

      This might actually make it viable in deckathalon (minus the Storm tower), but youíd most likely have to alter strats to hit the triggers for the cast

      Spiral Shadows | Justin Dragonrunner | Woodland Graphics



    7. #47
      davidbattleblade's Avatar
        davidbattleblade is offline Journeyman Wizard

      • davidbattleblade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Battleblade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      Status: Gone Fishing
       
      Mood:
      Lucky
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      504
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      281
      Thanks (Received)
      320
      Gold
      1,040.02

      Re: Deckathalon Pets

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Caspeen View Post
      Indeed I did.

      Well, if you can't BEAT them, JOIN them.

      I wasn't going to put too much effort into WILL CAST pets, but thanks to someone who was kind enough to put the EXACT pet I wanted into the Kiosk, my foray into Advanced Pets was pretty simple.





      Both these guys are in the Kiosk if anyone else wants to try for Frozen Kraken.

      I've played around with these in Unicorn Way and just to confirm what @Torpzun26, Frozen Kraken is not an option until the 3rd Round. For long fights it appears to be usable again every third round. Does this have anything to do with the fact that it is a 3 pip spell? If so, Earth Walker Trained shows as 0 pips, so maybe that can be cast on the first round? It's a bit less damage, 420-500 (vs 520-580), but if indeed it could be usable before the third round....

      Would love to hear if that is how the May Cast pips work. If pips correspond to rounds, then it really makes no sense at all since Earth Walker Trained would be incredibly unbalanced. In fact, so many things about these Will Cast talents make no sense - be it the damage, or the pips, or the happiness it uses - there seems to be outliers all over the place.

      Am working on an Earth walker version but, alas, the options in the kiosk for Earth Walker Trained are less than ideal.

      Casp

      I have been working on a earthwalker trained pet and put one in the kiosk just yesterday. I know there were only 2 available with only one being reasonable to use so there is a new option in the kiosk now.

    8. #48
      davidbattleblade's Avatar
        davidbattleblade is offline Journeyman Wizard

      • davidbattleblade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Battleblade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      Status: Gone Fishing
       
      Mood:
      Lucky
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      504
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      281
      Thanks (Received)
      320
      Gold
      1,040.02

      Re: Deckathalon Pets

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Caspeen View Post
      What Torpzun26 said - Frozen Kraken isn't very hard. The Tokens drop from training pets - I think you get a Talent Token at Adult, A talent token and something else and Ancient, and more at Epic and Mega...or something like that. So as long as you're training a lot of pets, tokens shouldn't be a challenge.

      Casp
      Keep in mind when training your pets if your looking for elemental tokens I think you need to train up elemental pets. If your going for spirit tokens (Spirit pets) At mega I have seen specific school tokens as well dropping say a myth token from a myth pet. I was wondering why I was getting so many more spirit tokens than elemental then I looked at my pets I was training were all life mostly lol.
      Last edited by davidbattleblade; 7-10-20 at 10:03:05 AM.

    9. #49
      Caspeen's Avatar
        Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      1,994
      PvP Tournaments Won
      41
      Thanks (Given)
      919
      Thanks (Received)
      2551
      Gold
      10,576.88

      Re: Deckathalon Pets

      Just when I thought I was getting the hang of these new Will Cast pet abilities, another twist.

      Although Earth Walker and Frozen Kraken both cost 35 happiness and have similar requirements to unlock, there's a HUGE difference between the two.

      Frozen Kraken is available to cast on the third round...


      Where as Earth Walker isn't available until the 5th round!


      HUGE difference!

      If there was some indication about this, OK, fine, but unless I'm really missing something it just seems...random. It would make sense if they tied PIPS to rounds, but Earth Walker shows 0 pips and that appears to be just a useless, not-related-to-anything number. Or maybe if it cost more happiness you could expect it to take more rounds. Nope.

      Is it really so hard to set up systems that follow predictable, logical standards? Pet snacks are a complete disaster as so many seem to follow no set rule, prices of reagents and tc are in no way tied to any sort of value, and now we have another system where there doesn't seem to be any sort of consistency.

      ACK!

      TL;DR - Frozen Kraken is way better than Earth Walker.

      PS - Can a WILL CAST spell fizz?

      Casp

    10. #50
      davidbattleblade's Avatar
        davidbattleblade is offline Journeyman Wizard

      • davidbattleblade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Battleblade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      Status: Gone Fishing
       
      Mood:
      Lucky
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      504
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      281
      Thanks (Received)
      320
      Gold
      1,040.02

      Re: Deckathalon Pets

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Caspeen View Post
      Just when I thought I was getting the hang of these new Will Cast pet abilities, another twist.

      Although Earth Walker and Frozen Kraken both cost 35 happiness and have similar requirements to unlock, there's a HUGE difference between the two.

      Frozen Kraken is available to cast on the third round...


      Where as Earth Walker isn't available until the 5th round!


      HUGE difference!

      If there was some indication about this, OK, fine, but unless I'm really missing something it just seems...random. It would make sense if they tied PIPS to rounds, but Earth Walker shows 0 pips and that appears to be just a useless, not-related-to-anything number. Or maybe if it cost more happiness you could expect it to take more rounds. Nope.

      Is it really so hard to set up systems that follow predictable, logical standards? Pet snacks are a complete disaster as so many seem to follow no set rule, prices of reagents and tc are in no way tied to any sort of value, and now we have another system where there doesn't seem to be any sort of consistency.

      ACK!

      TL;DR - Frozen Kraken is way better than Earth Walker.

      PS - Can a WILL CAST spell fizz?

      Casp

      Wow. Not good for me!! I had more luck in making the earthwalker. I got the required spirit tokens quicker and the pet got the other talents I wanted on it so I unlocked the earthwalker first! I would have liked the frozen kraken first because of the extra damage but it wouldn't have been ready for the storm deckathalon coming up. It doesn't seem right does it? A spell that hits for less takes 2 rounds longer to activate? Maybe @Sparck can shed some light on this. Please fix this KI.

    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •