Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Death Deckathalon Event

And in the nick of time....

...Dworgyn has been defeated with 2 credits to spare!

Of course, Dworgyn wasn't the real fight - I got wiped out 5 times on 10.2 and I thought I was doomed on my 6th try. But I lucked out with some timely shields and my cards were very kind to me.

I wish I would have taken a screen cap of my initial deck, but below is what I had going into the last fight.

Some notes about my deck...

• Minions saved the day. More specifically, 4 Brandon TC were huge. Ice Brandon didn't last long but the others were life savers, especially FIRE Brandon who hit a Critical Meteor with a blade that didn't get blocked!
      • Dark Pact cards were awesome to bust Juju. In fact, both times I used them I had a Juju, a plague weakness, and a death trap on me - all gone AND I ended up with a blade!
      • I took @unicorngirl advice and converted a ton of life runes to get a level 8 deck. I probably have shot myself in the foot for when that deckathalon comes around, but as she pointed out, I have some time to build them back up. The difference between the a level 7 and a level 8 deck isn't much but the extra resist and extra cards were key

While I'm glad to get the badge, I STILL think KI needs to reevaluate how the next Deckathalons will be. This thread has a lot of good suggestions and I hope someone at KI is listening. And if they are...HEY, how about DERBY?!

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 2-25-20 at 6:00:28 AM.

Padfoot101 is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

not being mean to casp and just want to point some thing out.

deckathon is said for every one. but it need tc only high wizzys can GET. im 77 so not high but not total noob. my max health jewel is 75 my max gold is lower theres tc i cant even get. other wizards get 125 health on jewel have more gold to buy tc and can get things like that minon lower wizzys cant even get. and high wizards STILL find it to hard.

if its for every one it need to be able to do it on low wizards with just normal tc from the libary. high wizards can do it easer if they get good stuff but tbh i want to see sparck live stream doing it on a level 30ish wiz using just the gold we can natural hold and show how newer players on lower wizards with out doing tc noobs for gold ect can do well in 6 days afore it resets and feel good on it.

they say bout wizards what dont play as intend but do stuff like this what makes it impossble to do it if you stick to whats on your wiz. we cant be suppose to store tc for gold and tc for fights on noobs or use 6 wizards to help 1 main get every thing for it pass thro bank ect. if you cant legit do it on 1 wiz its bad.

ps not say any one dose that is bad like it can make it less hard but it should not be NEED to do this or its impossble.
      Big banana thanks to Sophia Stormweaver for my avatar and siggy!

Willowdreamer is offline Moderator

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Congratulations, @Caspeen! That's phenomenal, and you certainly earned it with your tenacity.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

davidbattleblade is offline Journeyman Wizard

• davidbattleblade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Battleblade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Lucky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I did make it to Dworgyn one time with my Level 7 deck but I only had one death shield left in the dozen or so cards I had remaining.
      I made 2 mistakes in the last battle...I picked a life minion instead of one of the 2 brandon minion's I had left which was healing and giving me pips more than hitting and my second mistake was to hit Dworgyn too early. I drew his attention back to me and for a few rounds the minion didn't hit to draw the attention back to him...he proceded to power up and with no death shields left he hit me with King Artorius for just over a 1000 when I was at full health of 975...Death for me!!!!

So I had 7 runs I think on level 10 and only made it once to the final battle. What really did me in was not being able to craft the higher level deck. I would like to say I had fun...but I would be lying.

KingNothing is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      Over All Review:
      Sorry to say, but this event was just horrible.

I would like to chime in as one who only observed and did not even attempt the event.

1. After day one of reading a few threads concerning this event I came to the realization about one thing: This event is no longer for me. Not that I really spent a lot of time on past deckathalon events, but when I did it was at least mildly enjoyable for me and definitely do able. Still got a little grindy for me at times, but at least I was at a higher level and able to receive a chance at getting some of the higher rune stones. With what I have read over the last week, I am so out. This is going to have to go back to what was done in January for me to even spend a moderate level of time playing it.

2. Why I am so out: This event was not made for me or possibly people like me or similar to me. I work from 7 am to 5 pm everyday. When I come home, I have chores, family stuff to do and family/home things to take care of. I just do not have time for time consuming-grindy events like this. Please hear me though: I am not complaining at all, but reading all of the threads about the difficulty and grinding to be mildly successful in this event, I did not even log on to try it once.

3. Lastly, it made me realize that I am a Quester. I miss it. I miss it so much that while everyone was doing the deckathalon, I created a new Death Wizard and started running through Wizard City. This is my sweet spot and what I like doing. So something good has come from this for me. With all this new content, events and side stuff I've come to realize it all doesn't really interest me, but the main storyline does. So I guess I found my place in this game.

sparkyflamefire is offline Initiate Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
      I would like to chime in as one who only observed and did not even attempt the event.

2. Why I am so out: This event was not made for me or possibly people like me or similar to me. I work from 7 am to 5 pm everyday. When I come home, I have chores, family stuff to do and family/home things to take care of. I just do not have time for time consuming-grindy events like this. Please hear me though: I am not complaining at all, but reading all of the threads about the difficulty and grinding to be mildly successful in this event, I did not even log on to try it once.
      I agree. I don't mind grinding. My Storm wizard has the following:

-Max level fishing
      -Max level gardening
      -Team Champion badge from Kiosk
      -Every spell the Loremaster drops except Headless Horseman (And I have to wait for Halloween to do that).
      -Undead Executioner badge (max badge for defeating undead)
      -Level 23 Monstrology (max I could get until they introduced level 18 bosses in the Catacombs)
      -Max Monstrology Animus Badge
      -Has about 175 match wins in the Beastmoon Hunt
      -Completed every Deckathalon event until this one. Instead of trying to complete the event, I went for points and topped 1000.

And I decided on Thursday that I wasn't going to redo stage 6 because I had done it before they fixed the bug, and they didn't make the patch retroactive. Support told me that because they could no longer reproduce the bug, they weren't going to do anything for me.

As I said, I don't mind a grind, but I want something that is in the realm of POSSIBLE. Kudos to those who did complete the event, but I don't use minions. I completed the ice deckathalon without using a minion.

phantomslick7272 is online now Journeyman Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Oh my goodness by the skin of my teeth, last credit, last chance for this time. I'm happy I was able to make my goal.

Name:  DD Dworgyn.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  118.9 KB

The thing is I wouldn't have been broken if I didn't. Because I worked hard enough at it this time to be able to get it next time for sure. The event is supposed to be played in bits and pieces. I sacrificed a different goal to go after the top level this time. If I had gone another way I could've been in the top ten.

Most of event I spent farming 4-6 which I could easily do with a level 7 deck. I was able to get several superior and even strengthening runes there. So that can be a goal if you are after those.

Point is you can always make progress in these. Even if it's not what you want this time it will help you get there next time or the time after.

Baby steps and you will get there. Good luck and have fun everyone.

KestrelDawn is offline Adept Wizard

• KestrelDawn's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kestrel Dawnrider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mister Penny
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Frankenbunny

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So that's the event.

I had made my goal getting the pet on both accounts and getting level 5 decks on both accounts. I guess I made it about 75% to that goal, because I never got through stage 5 on the second account (though I often got so, so close).

At least I have a lot of runes. Looking at the calculation sparkyflamefire did is daunting. At least at the moment, there is no way I can get up to the higher level recipes on these new deckathalons so the lack of tons thousands of runes isn't relevant.

Maybe future events will be easier just because of the nature of the classes. Maybe they will adjust the death event for the next go around. What I really know is that I'm not looking forward to the next event nearly as much as I was looking forward to this one.

I feel like the Ice event might have made me a better player (improved card management, etc.), but the most I can say about this event is that I might have gotten better at shopping for cards?

Well, I'll continue working on getting multi-healing pets on all my wizards for a possibly more enjoyable deckathalon event in the future, but I will likely just really look forward to the beastmoon events.
      KestrelDawn -- Kestrel Dawnrider (Storm Level 110) Emeritus member of...

Join Pet Central here

Pagophile is offline Adept Wizard

• Pagophile's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Miranda DragonWalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Hunter
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I decided to try stage 4 with my level 33 Ice with a Wintry Elf that has MC Balance blade, Spritely, Life blade and Life giver.

I used the level 3 deck which I forgot to put a jewel. I used troll , water elemental and Minotaur minions. My pet only used 2 may casts. Spritely during 4-2 and again on 4-3. I used the Water elemental while I shielded and then used my last hit. Used my last shield and used Minotaur minion. My pet used Spritely and then I used Helping Hands while the minion finished. I had two minion cards left. Bought the recipes and crafted the 4th deck.

I moved the deck to my Balance and used my last credit. Ended with 429 points when I quit during 3-2. My triple heal pet did nothing at all from 1-1 to 3-2. Not even the MC Balance blade.

I actually will suggest one thing. Dial back stage 4 so players can at least get the 4th deck recipe. It will make farming stages 1-4 easier. This is the 3rd event that my level 100 Balance could not beat stage 4. Guess I should just try with my lower levels if I even bother doing any of the events again. Maybe I should try a different pet. I hatched and trained several to get those 3 heals and it is useless for these events.

If I wanted to do the events on my 3rd-6th accounts it would be impossible to be able to afford the minion cards that I had to use, let alone all of the other tc's.
      Join 7/11/09 -Ice GM 11/11/09 * Leg.11/11/10 *70-4/19/12 -* D. GM 8/7/10 * S. GM 8/9/10 * L. GM 8/24/10* F. GM 1/21/11 * M. GM 2/19/11 * All 5 Leg. 5-30-11 * Bal. GM 12-23-11* Leg. 2-12-12* 70- 4/19/12*

unicorngirl is offline Apprentice Wizard

• unicorngirl's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Deirdre Willowtail
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

thanks for the push Casp, i got back on this morning and moved my deck to a wiz that had some brandon and sinbad tc, and look!!

Name:  Picture 2020-02-25 11-44-01.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  152.8 KB

i just want to agree with padfoot, most mid and lower level wizards don't have access to brandon tc yet, and unless you do the sinbad gauntlet you don't have sinbad tc. if you have to have these minions to win, there's a problem. and i, too, didn't use minions during ice and finished it. i also didn't have to transmute to get a level 8 deck for ice, and it was strong enough to get through stage 10. not my first try, but it did work. this was way way too hard.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast