Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Ice Deckathalon, Jan 21-Jan 28

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      You are correct, you only get three credits for the day and you cannot recover PAST days. HOWEVER...if you collect your 3 credits, you can bank those if you do not use them. I'm mainly playing for the pet on my main wiz but am trying to craft all the decks. However, to do that requires LOADS of runes. As such, I'm running my support staff wiz through this as every little bit helps. However, I don't always have time to use up all the credits so as soon as the day rolls over (@midnight, Central Time), all my wiz stop by and pick up the credits. I'll hopefully get to use them all before the end but that might be tough. However, I have the credits available to me if I get the time.
      Thank you for clarifying that. It helps to know the options.

KingsIsle warning label:
      Buyer Beware

RookieRecurve is offline Master Wizard

• RookieRecurve's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ian Lionstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Many

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Lots of great info in this thread! This is my first Deckathalon, and yesterday I made my first level 3 deck. Looking at the recipe for the Level 4 deck, I can see how much of an improvement that will be. I am also using my other accounts to grind out runes on level 1-3 to try and collect as many as possible. At these lower levels I am using up a bunch of the gardened Fire Shark TC that I had been hoarding for so long (glad I kept those)! One thing I noticed is that on my level 110 wizards, the pip-deck that I have from Darkmoor also gives me an extra pip in this event. Unfortunately, only have 2 of my 12 wizards are high enough to own a pip-deck!

lynchjw is offline Journeyman Wizard

• lynchjw's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jared MistRunner
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Duke Jasmine
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Efreet

Mood:
      Nerdy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I made it to Stage 8 this morning on my max level pyromancer and beat the first level before running out of cards. I am about half way point wise to the pet on that wizard. My three lower level wizards on that account are all sitting at Stage 5. I am using my second account only for card storage/trading.

I crafted the Stage 7 deck on my main wizard, but did not put any jewels on it since I am out of credits for today. So, I passed that deck through to my second wizard and plan to keep on passing it down to the other two low level wizards in the same fashion. I will pass it back to my main wizard tomorrow and jewel it up for my run at Stage 8.

Update 1: With the Stage 7 deck on my second wizard I was able to clear Stage 5 and Stage 6; and the first level of Stage 7 before running out of cards on my first credit.

Update 2: With my second wizard's second credit I was able to clear Stage 7 and almost cleared Stage 8; the Level 3 NPC had 240 life left when I ran out of attacks. It won't be an issue when I make my next run starting Stage 8 with a full deck. I may craft the next deck on this wizard before passing it back to my main wizard.
      Last edited by lynchjw; 1-25-20 at 12:42:46 AM. Reason: Updating results

Torpzun26 is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I took a few days off, just claiming credits, and just now beat stage 5. Hadn't seen anyone else post them, so the recipes are:

Essence of Fire (10% Fire damage elixir for 45 minutes: 5 Fire, 1 Enhanced Fire
      Fairy: 1 Pixie, 2 Life
      Shatter: 3 Myth, 1 Enhanced Myth

Fairy's recipe is a tad bit goofy, but better heals are always nice. The elixir is silly since I'm pretty sure we can't use them in the Deckathalon, but they might be a nice addition in PVE. Shatter having a recipe is quite appreciated here.

Edit: Beat stage 6! Here's the recipes:

Lydia's Icebath: 25 Ice, 5 Enhanced Ice
      Sprite: 1 Pixie, 2 Life, 1 Enhanced Life
      Steal Ward: 2 Ice, 1 Enhanced Ice

The Sprite recipe is weird because we already have one that costs 1 Minor Blessing and 1 Life Rune. Steal Ward seems ok here. I'm typically reserved against spells like this being cast because they cost pips though.

Edit 2: Beat stage 7.

Essence of Fire II (5% Fire Accuracy, 10% Fire Damage, 45 minutes): 15 Fire, 3 Enhanced Fire, 1 Superior Fire
      Firegut: 1 Firezilla, 2 Fire Rune, 1 Enhanced Fire
      Steal Charm: 2 Fire Rune, 1 Enhanced Fire

Essence of Fire II seems a little overcosted for adding 5% accuracy in my opinion. Not sure if Firegut should need the Firezilla, especially since Firezilla also costs an Enchanted Fire Rune. Steal Charm seems ok though.
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 1-24-20 at 6:55:59 PM.

Alura RainbowWeaver is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lagging

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Angry Re: Ice Deckathalon, Jan 21-Jan 28

So they decide to change things when the ice pet is available again. There was no way I could have gotten it on the first go round, and now with all this new stuff/changes on this round. I do not see getting it again. I am a pet collector, the only reason I am even doing these events are for the pets. I hate this new thing. They should have left things the way they were so people could actually get the ice and death pets. I am seriously planning on putting Wizard101 on the back burner after being a member since the beginning. These events make me more upset then they make me enjoy the game. I am having to take my higher level wizards into this event because they hold more treasure cards. I do not see how a low level wizard would be able to progress further to get the points.
      I am very disappointed with this event, and honestly don't know that I will keep trying for these pets in the future. In the end this is just a freaking game!

Lady Cat is offline Prodigious

• Lady Cat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie Shadowstalker ,Stephanie Legendweaver ,Stephanie Spiritsinger,Stephen Dragondreamer and 6
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luna
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Black Cat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Alura RainbowWeaver View Post
      So they decide to change things when the ice pet is available again. There was no way I could have gotten it on the first go round, and now with all this new stuff/changes on this round. I do not see getting it again. I am a pet collector, the only reason I am even doing these events are for the pets. I hate this new thing. They should have left things the way they were so people could actually get the ice and death pets. I am seriously planning on putting Wizard101 on the back burner after being a member since the beginning. These events make me more upset then they make me enjoy the game. I am having to take my higher level wizards into this event because they hold more treasure cards. I do not see how a low level wizard would be able to progress further to get the points.
      I am very disappointed with this event, and honestly don't know that I will keep trying for these pets in the future. In the end this is just a freaking game!
      @Sparck Please read this post and reconsider increasing the number of plays per day and allow the purchase of extra plays for gold. I too was unable to do this the first time as I was in the hospital/rehab when my kidneys went in toal failure . I am now going for dialysis 3 times a week and other than my family ( loving husband and my 5 kids) ,this game is all I have left as I can no longer be a Pediztric Registered Nurse ever again. Please increase plays so we can earn the pet. Lady cat says meow?
      <a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic506_7.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...igpic506_7.gif</a>

Sophia Spellforge is offline Magus Wizard

• Sophia Spellforge's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Logan Spellforge x 2, Sophia Dragontamers (afew), Sophia Stormcloud (1), Sophia Shadowhunter (afew)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Cat View Post
      @Sparck Please read this post and reconsider increasing the number of plays per day and allow the purchase of extra plays for gold. I too was unable to do this the first time as I was in the hospital/rehab when my kidneys went in toal failure . I am now going for dialysis 3 times a week and other than my family ( loving husband and my 5 kids) ,this game is all I have left as I can no longer be a Pediztric Registered Nurse ever again. Please increase plays so we can earn the pet. Lady cat says meow?
      Or make the pet a lesser reward, and add another one at the end, perhaps a level 5 deck...that would be incentive enough for people to continue and finish the deckathlon
      Last edited by Sophia Spellforge; 1-24-20 at 9:34:35 PM.

Many thnx David1822 (Avi) Kat (Sig)

brodster14 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• brodster14's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  angel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  peanut
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  starfish

Mood:
      Enraged

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

alright i finally beat the deckathalon and got the sweet GREYROSE'S GRIEF badge now i just got to craft the deck :D and i am only 78 points from getting the pet.

sig made by penguin77 XD

Pagophile is offline Adept Wizard

• Pagophile's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Miranda DragonWalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Hunter
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Well I spent two hours going to each of my other 5 on my first account to get the minion and other cards and then trading to my Fire on my 4th account and then to my Ice.

So I decided to try Stage 5 and I beat it and got to 6-2 before I ran out of cards. Crafted the deck and then I used one more credit to run from 1 to 5-1.

Still have to get my Balance some more minion cards and then will try 5. Only did one run of 1-4 because I still had to do the daily quests.

===============

If I want an annoying and aggravating challenge I will try to beat the Galleries or one of the hundreds of one time duels clogging up my attics and houses.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 1-25-20 at 8:24:54 AM. Reason: asterisks
      Join 7/11/09 -Ice GM 11/11/09 * Leg.11/11/10 *70-4/19/12 -* D. GM 8/7/10 * S. GM 8/9/10 * L. GM 8/24/10* F. GM 1/21/11 * M. GM 2/19/11 * All 5 Leg. 5-30-11 * Bal. GM 12-23-11* Leg. 2-12-12* 70- 4/19/12*

phantomslick7272 is online now Journeyman Wizard

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hi Hi I am actually loving this event I don't have any issues with anything they set up. The 3 credits a day was fine with me, planning and using those credits wisely is key there (although if they did allow you to enter without the point system present for farming and practice purposes only I guess that would be ok) Thing is it takes the mystery and accomplishment from it. And honestly If you really want to do that you can save one of your wizard's for the ladder climb, and use all your other ones for practice. 6 wizards times 3 credits per day is actually 18 credits per day. (Let's not forget that any level above 10 can do this)

As for the pet I believe that was put in a fair position as well (it is supposed to be a challenge ) Think about it, you do not have to get to the top of the tower to gain the pet. . . In fact you only have to beat Stage 3.

3 credits x 6 (oh wait, 8 days as both Tuesdays count) is 24 credits (for one wizard)

If you do stage 1-3 with 1 credit you get a total of 24 points, now multiply that by 3 credits =72 points and you can and 20 per day for using tc's, total 92 points

so for the pet you need exactly 15 credits and 5 days (460 points) you still have 9 credits and (technically 3 days left) YAY! I believe that's a fair challenge. Very possible

Even if you want to try and do the whole tower with your credits but are worried about messing of your points for the pet, do one though three on one wizard and try the tower on another Practice on all the others

Lol certainly enough to do in a day

For those looking to get an edge in the deckathalon, I've said it before and I'll say it again you can not prepare too much for these things.

Garden and farm the treasure cards. Work on the the quint may cast pet. And while the deckathalon is going on use any extra credits to farm for runes. I never thought I would say this but I'm glad I went a little crazy with it last time due to the oodles of runes I got as a result, though I would never play it that way again.

But again this isn't supposed to be a challenge that is not necessarily achieved the first go around. It's supposed to be a huge challenge with short and long term goals and a learning curve.

They make it too easy and then it becomes, boom done, no sense of accomplishment, and boring.

I actually believe they achieved a good sense of Balance here. As the decks make game play easier but you have to play to get the decks. And the limits make it fair for everyone.

I love it. Just as it is. Thank you @Sparck and KI I have and continue to thoroughly enjoy this challenge and look forward to the next one

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast